bpl solicitors Reviews

bpl solicitors have a Customer Happiness Grade of A-. Customers love their prices and customer service and are happy with their refunds. Full Insights

80% of reviewers recommend bpl solicitors

Mey House,Bridport Road,Poundbury,

How would you rate bpl solicitors ?

"I used iConvey who referred me to BPL solicitors. I can see there is a varied level of satisfaction on reviews, however from my experience I am happy with the service I received. I decided to use this company mainly due to the price as it was around £500 cheaper than other solicitors, but I knew this would mean I'd have to do a lot of the reading of documents and understanding them myself. This was fine as I do like to get properly involved in things. I do feel as though there was a couple of occasions where my case was put to the side as certain things were not processed for a while after they received them and because of this the last couple of weeks were a bit of a mad rush, however after being ignored for the couple of weeks prior to that they did really push my case through - this did take a bit of nagging on my side but from what I've heard this is standard with most solicitors. It took around 9-10 weeks after receiving the draft contract from the sellers to exchange, and we completed the next working day. Emma Bevan was my solicitor and in the later half of the conveyancing process I did hear from Emma quite often (prior to this I was mainly in contact with her assistant Paige). Emma was prompt to reply to my emails and calls and to also keep me up to date. My mortgage advisor also complimented how good Emma was with keeping him up to date with the process - he said he deals with a lot of solicitors and most wouldn't make the effort to keep him up to date with each stage, so he was impressed too. I have now completed my purchase and am currently awaiting the land registry to complete - we are purchasing an unregistered property and even this hasn't seem to cause any issues so overall I am pleased and feel this company have offered value for money and saved me a considerable amount."
"Can never get through to them constantly leave messages and no one returns my calls - absolutely useless!!!!!"
"BPL have been a nightmare from start to finish. It has been like pulling teeth trying to get them to provide updates and to progress the sale on my property. Just Avoid. Can't wait for this to be over..."
"Do not use them. I will seek compensation for over £4,000 for a very bad service which has cost this money in the delay of 15 weeks in the sale of a property. They do not answer their phone it is always in ansaphone and they do not get back to you. I will take this up with the Legal Ombudsman and Solicitors' Regulation Authority tomorrow and the cost and stress of this is quite frankly non repayable. It is beyond absurd!!!"
"Could not recommend, very poor throughout.."
"Good service with an online portal facility. keep you up-to-date at every milestone which can't get through any local conveyancer."
"What a nightmare!! I've been trying to sell my leasehold property since march and haven't got a clue when we will complete! Extremely frustrating as I keep calling my conveyancer Emma Bevan end up talking to her assistant who then promises she will respond to my emails and still not getting any response! Really not pleased with the way my sale is being dealt with. If BPL can't deliver a satisfactory service can they refund me my money and I'll go elsewhere and find a serious and professional solicitor who can deal with my sale. Really tiring and disappointed! Worst experience I've had in dealing with a conveyancer and I've dealt with a few in the past! Still waiting on Emma to respond to my emails by the way.."
"Clear, patient and organised throughout. Positive and efficient."
"God awful. Avoid at all costs. My vendor has used them and they sat on enquiries for weeks and weeks and weeks. Lied and said they had replied to them only to find that couldn’t have because they still didn’t have the replies from the vendor - the vendor was unaware that there was anything to act on. Shocking, infuriating and not worth a penny of anyone’s money."
"Not a bad word to be said, really professional quick with replying to my worries and queries. I will defiantly recommend to friends and family."
"Instructed as conveyancers through a third party, their service was good but I was disappointed that my final bill was 25% more than originally quoted even though I asked several times, via email, if there would be extra charges. They refunded about 1/2 the price on complaining but it wasn't the full amount and it's a shame I had to complain..I guess most people wouldn't bother and so they get away with it."
"From offer accepted to completion on my residential property only took 9 weeks. Natasha dealt with my case and was faultless. Constant clear and fast communication throughout even working during the weekend when we didn’t expect it. Documents were produced quickly althoigh annoying that we couldn’t scan and return rather than post. A totally painless experience from a highly competent company. Would highly recommended and will be using again!"
"instructed BPL to act as conveyancers, nothing happens until i make contact and still waiting for letter to give details on I CONVEY, over a week now!!"
"If i knew at the start what i know now about the totally unprofessional level of service provided by BPL I would have gone elsewhere. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Seriously doubt the legitimacy of some of the positive reviews on here..."
"Awful service! I usually make a note of when I try to contact someone and I have a record of 15 times and dates I have tried to contact this company. They did respond 5 times on other occasions though. They do not even bother responding a few days later to apologise for the time delay. Absolutely nothing. I could not recommend! No Customer service. I would recommend they take no clients until they can look after them. Come on BPL get your act together. I still have no idea when things will move forward and am contemplating changing my conveyancing company mid way through. A frustrated client :("
"I was a little dubious about using an online solicitors as I had never done this before. The experience has been brilliant, our conveyancer Tracey Townsend has been first class throughout. She looked after the sale of our old house and the purchase of our new house, and held our hand and reassured us from the start and nothing was too much trouble. Her responses were rapid so we were never left waiting. Regular milestone updates helped us undertsand where we were or what was going to happen next. This is perfect for busy people who don't have hours of time to spare to go and sit in a solicitors office sorting out the paperwork, As everything is done via e-mail you can respond quickly and very little needs to be done by "registered" post. They are inexpensive to which is an extra bonus. A brillliant experience from start to finish, I am so glad we used BPL and had Tracey looking after us."
"Terrible experience. Feel close to tears at the lack of progress being made on a cash property purchase. Searches back 4 weeks ago yet my solicitor hasn’t raised enquiries, won’t tell me when they will do it so I am helplessly waiting and can’t proceed. We are supposed to be on the same side. I feel like I have to plead, beg to get anywhere."
"I thought the whole process was simple in terms of everything was handled online. If I had a question, I would send an email and one of the team would get back to me within 24 hours. The most important thing that people will look for is value for money and I would definitely say I got that."
"Speak to a different person each time I call. Leave messages and wait a whole day to get a reply."
"Pay the extra £200/300 and get a decent Solicitor to represent you. It's not worth the hassle and you will pay for it further down the line in delays. They are clearly understaffed and overworked and work the numbers game. Very poor Client care, seem more interested in responding to reviews on here then actually responding to queries."
thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the way in which your transaction is being conducted. We are unable to identify you as client from the information provided and would be grateful if you could please contact info@bplaw.co.uk for the attention of the Conveyancing Manager. We will then be able to assist. Kind regards, bpl
bpl solicitors is rated 4.16 based on 217 reviews