Box.co.uk Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Box.co.uk

First Avenue, Minworth

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Box.co.uk?

Sarah
Verified Reviewer

Abysmal management, and mostly terrible customer service (with one exception - Carol, on their online chat, is great). I sent my laptop in for repair under the warranty, a process which is meant to take up to 28 days. After a little under two weeks they asked me for my address to send it back. I gave it, and heard nothing further. Once I got in touch with them, they admitted error in failing to send it and promised to send it the next day. I waited in all day, again hearing nothing. I got in touch again the next working day, and was told it had been sent to the wrong delivery company, and would take up to another two weeks (which would be at least a week beyond the 28 days) to send it back *to Box*, not even to me. Every interaction I've had with them has involved them attributing the situation to "human error", seemingly oblivious to the meaning of this term - i.e. they're entirely at fault - but refusing to compensate me in any way for time lost on my work, or in interacting with their awful, awful management. Worst company I've ever had any dealings with. And I've still not got my laptop back.
Hafeez
Unverified Reviewer

Sent me the faulty item. They have already received it back but not refunding my money. Have to escalate a claim through PayPal
JR
Verified Reviewer

I ordered a printer to be delivered the following day and it has still not arrived thanks to their choice of HERMES. Whilst they have offered to refund my delivery charge this is still not good enough. Avoid unless they offer you a different courier.
Ian W
Unverified Reviewer

Ordered my new monitor on 20/9 at 0645, arrived next day at 1330!
Now that's what I call service.
Followed the order online with no problems.
This is the second time I've used Box and they will be my first port of call when I need some more tech.
Thoroughly recommended.
Unverified Reviewer

I bought a refurbished laptop, which arrived with broken casing and a password protected account, so I spent days working around that just to be able to use it. It said it worked with Windows 10 and it doesn't, and when requesting a repair, they have refused to honour the warranty.
Paul
Verified Reviewer

Best price online and fee next day delivery on my item.
Item arrived on time. No problems.
Verified Reviewer

"ordered pc case its now a week past the date was meant to be here so contacted box.co.uk they said they will contact delivery company and email me once they find out the problem that was 3 days ago still not got back "
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with us, I would love to try and rectify this. Can you please email me at wecare@box.co.uk with your order number and I will see what I can do.

I.M.G
Verified Reviewer

First and last order with Box,30.07.17 i ordered a SteelSeries Arctis 5 RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset and a StarTech.com 0.5m Blue Gigabit Snagless RJ45 UTP Cat6 Patch Cable,cable arrived two days later,great (this came direct from supplier).
03.08.17 the headset arived not bad as it was free post,open box its a cheaper Arctic 3 headset.
Contacted Box,Email answered quickly,thay wont pictures (my time).
Pictures sent Box gives me a return number,but i have to print the return label (my time and money).
The plastic wraped box that the headset arrived in is apparently not good enough for the return trip and needs to be packed in a box with bubble wrap (more of my time and a used box from Amazon).
Then I have to take it to a DHL pick up place (my time and petrol).
01.09.17 still have no headset and no further information from Box,my Box account was last updated on the 22.08.17 and has said "Pending Your return is currently being processed" ever since??
You would think a new customer,with there first order,Box might be keen to sort problems out.
The moral of this story is I should have bought it from Amazon,it was four pounds more expensive with next day "prime" delivery.

Dale J
Verified Reviewer

So Far i am not impressed, The new laptop which cost nearly £2000 fails to turn on when you open the screen after being shut on sleep mode and games sometimes freeze like gta and fallout.

When i called box they said to email them Which i was appalled by and didn't do, next day (today) i call again and they say i need to ring asus themselves, asus gave me a rma number and so i ring box back and they then say to email return and now for a brand new machine i have to wait on average 30 days for? this is my gaming and also business machine and need it to keep on with my daily business tasks. so far i am not happy at all.

Now if they see the issues and replaced the machine within a few days then result i will have lost a few days but at least a speedy swap and i can reinstall my workload and carry on but to wait weeks is just not on!

10 years ago i bought a dell machine and payed £1200 10 years ago and that went strong until only 2 months ago!! 10 years, this machine only a week and I'm having problems!!
Verified Reviewer

First and last time I bought anything from box.co.uk – rather pay more somewhere else...

Worst customer service I ever received. I would give minus 5 stars if it would be possible. Bought £200 sat nav with dash cam. Item received - next day with dpd - so great courier but this is where good finishes with box.co.uk Parcel in good condition - dpd is excellent - never had any complaint about them - but as soon as i opened parcel I noticed hole in the box of my brand new £200. Then I noticed my brand new sat nav have been unsealed... Phoned up box and they said they not dealing with complaints over the phone - I have to email them. Ok i'm sending an email with description what I found in my parcel, and suggested to send me courier for next day to collect it and deliver new one in the same time, I explained I really need sat nav asap - and guess what! No reply for my email... I filed paypal claim next day and spoke to person on live chat and they tried to make me open the box and check whether item is damaged inside, when I said I don't want to check item inside because it is clearly customer return, refurbished or second hand. They said I have right to return anything within 30 days on my own cost! I said that's not right as your website didn't state open item, they said they can't do anything about it. So I returned item – on my cost!! updated them on paypal and had to wait week to get my refund. No reimbursement for postage....
What an absolutely joke customer service...
Frankly speaking - I shop online a lot I even buy stuff from Chinese stores like gearbest and bangood... - even them provide far way better customer service.
Rob
Unverified Reviewer

Received 2 highly priced electrical items in an damaged state. Item had defects mainly due to the atrocious packaging. The packaging was a grey bag. Yes i repeat a grey bag for electrical items. I shall never purchase from this company again and be happy to pay the extra for the quality of service from other companies.
Aaron P
Unverified Reviewer

Great delivery speed and brilliant products at great prices! Highly recommend!
Ebay C
Unverified Reviewer

The item was listed as a brand new ASUS STX II 7.1 sound card on ebay, it arrived quickly in a grey plastic bag wrapped in a couple of sheets of bubble wrap, I could hear loose parts as I was handed it by DPD.

After taking out the original box I could see that the seals had been cut and re-taped, some of the contents were loose but the card was secure, after removing the parts it was clear the 7.1 daughter card was missing. On closer inspection of the box I could see they had shipped the much cheaper standard stereo ASUS STX II. I contacted them and was asked to provide pictures, which was done, I offered to purchase the standard card at the market price but they requested I returned the card. They sent an email stating how the card must be packaged (far better than how they had shipped it)

The sound card was returned to them in the format requested (correctly sized cardboard box, bubble wrap, shipping label and returns number) and all tracking information entered into the ebay return tool. It arrived back at box and was and signed for by 'MAJEED' four days later and the ebay return has still not been updated, sent a chaser email and received a reply asking if I had used the shipping label provided (clearly they have no idea they had already signed for it). I replied to them again including proof of the delivered tracking confirmation and have yet to receive a reply or refund.

Having since ordered a card from another ebay supplier which arrived promptly, correctly packaged and an unopened brand new unit.

Looking at the feedback box has received something is not add up, so far my experience has been very poor with a total lack of customer service, thankfully I used paypal so I hope to at least get my money back. Tesco use box to supply products as a partner and I think they should be made aware of some of the current selling practices being employed by BOX and how customers are being treated.

This is an honest description of my experience with BOX, one I don't wish to repeat and just suggest any others who purchase from them fully check they have got is actually what was being advertised.

Something tells me Paypal/ebay will be reimbursing me. Good luck
Krishnan S
Unverified Reviewer

they are cheaters big time told and sold me a laptop saying it has 4k Resolution but when it arrived it had only Full HD . After several emails and calls they do not respond they have also not given me the internet and the game that was promised . THE invoice says 4K LAPTOP but what i got was used and FULL HD LAPTOP

Be careful with them the customer service is Pathetic and rude and they do not deliver what they promise

i AM PLANNING TO FILE A CASE as they do not respond to any Queries or emails

Rafael
Verified Buyer

I bought a monitor which was sent to Hermes to delivery. Hermes couldn't delivery to my address due to I was away that week (trying to contact Hermes to delivery to my neighbour but they didn't want it). Then, the monitor has to come back to box.co.uk. During 10 days I was sending them emails to check if they already received from Hermes and when they will send me back. After 11 days I received a confirmation email about they already receive it and when I want to get it back, I replied ASAP. Two hours later I received an email unfortunately the item it is not in stock, WHAT??? That means, they sold my monitor to another customer without any justification. They explained me it was a mistake and just offer an apologies without any kind of alternative solution. If you can try to avoid this retailer, if everything goes fine it's ok, otherwise it will be a nightmare like in my case. It's up to you !! at least you have all points to decide.
Ian
Unverified Reviewer

Very poor customer service. Brought a Seagate hard drive which failed. Then was given misinformation told to go to the store to get replacement sorted then told I would have been quicker going direct to Seagate and that was what i should do. So I wasted a morning not the first time I have brought from box but will definitely be the last time. Very poor service.
Gregster R
Unverified Reviewer

Purchased the MSI Gaming X 1080Ti and it is superb for the price. The card runs at 65c on a 1:1 fan profile and sits there all day at 1962Mhz. If I opt for the OC mode, it sits at 2050Mhz, which again doesn't exceed 65C either. MSI really have done a great job on this GPU

Pro's - Fast, quiet (very quiet), clocks to 2126Mhz and +650Mhz on the core and memory, well built, no coil whine.
Con's - None

I did a video review for those interested also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjM7L6vMeZ4&t
Colette
Verified Buyer

Purchased. H100i v2 cooler/RM850i to replace my 4 years old. AX860i and h105. I am very pleased with my purchase my computer runs so quiet. Performance skyrocketed.

Delivery always on time!. customer service is excellent!. thank you very much box.co.uk!

will be returning!
Kit
Verified Reviewer

Box is an untrustworthy company. When my Cube PC broke they delayed for weeks, then told me lies and refused to fix it. They try to show they are good from review scores on their website, but the rating is fake because anyone giving a low score is told to supply proof of purchase - to make sure people giving low scores give up.
Mr. D
Verified Reviewer

Well here we are, 21 days into an RMA with a dead motherboard. Finally today said it was tested and faulty! well that's why it went back after a discussion with ASUS support first!

Two emails later with no reply to either, the first sent 3rd March 2017 and no acknowledgement, and I still stuck with no machine to use.

RMA sent back processor to Intel and have already received a replacement, now that's customer service.

Meanwhile I am looking at 3 - 4 weeks for a repair, trying to run a business and can't be done on a phone, this review however can.

Try to live up to Intel's level of service, just send me a new board, the new chip needs a new home! That's the advice from ASUS you will be pleased to know, this has gone on for long enough.
Box.co.uk is rated 4.49 based on 1,606 reviews