Box.co.uk Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Box.co.uk

How would you rate Box.co.uk?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"WORST customer service I've ever seen !!! I've order a laptop that was 'exclusive upgraded to 16GB RAM'. The laptop I received was a used one, had a scratch on it, fingerprints, AC power cord unfolded and dirty, box was damaged, the protective bag was ripped. Anyway, as the aftersales and returns department is only email based support, I've managed to get in touch with one agent and explained the situation. A return has been processed and laptop sent back. After sending the laptop back, I've checked the progress and saw when they got it. The status was saying that it might take up to 7 working days to asses the product. I've sent them an email and asked to process this as soon as possible as a week passed already and I was not making use of the laptop I've ordered. In my email, I also specifically said that I'm not looking for a refund as the laptop was purchased through finance. I've asked them to send me a replacement one or the 8GB RAM model which should be new and sealed. At no point I've asked for a refund. Of course, my email was overlooked, as the customer support agent confirmed when I got in touch with them, and they processed a refund without even asking what I prefer, resulting in my finance agreement being cancelled. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AND BOX.CO.UK, which is the same!!!"
Gareth
"Good products, quality service, low prices! I would recommend. Arrived exactly as scheduled."
"We bought a laptop from box in September. After a couple of weeks noticed it wasn't working as it should. I called HP, as stated to do on their website and temporarily resolved the issue, however, after a while the laptop started playing up again. This time I e-mailed box, who after some tooing and throwing, agreed for us to send laptop back to them to have a look at. They have now had my laptop for 7 weeks. They informed me after 5 weeks, they have looked at it but as it is a hardware issue they will not fix it and I will have to send it onto HP for repair. That was 2 weeks ago. I still haven't had the computer back. I have e-mailed them 3 times regarding my laptop with no replies. It states on the website they will answer your email within 4 business hours. I have sent 3 now in 4 days. Nothing. So at this present time I still have no laptop. To say I am angry is an understatement. I want a refund or my laptop back. At the moment I have nothing. You can't even ring them. Absoloutely ridiculous. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I am now in the process of going to the ombudsmen. I have exhausted all avenues. Customer service is appalling."
"Well prices parts and good communication"
"Easy contact, Projector ordered Monday 20/11 received Wednesday 22/11. Highly recommended."
"I wish I had read the reviews on this useless company Ms review 6 days ago said it all. I ordered what they were advertising on there site page (Amazon) for £280. And they sent me a cheaper unit that I could have bought for £208. They eventually asked me to return it and apologized after a lengthy and slow/lack of communication. I got sent 2 different addresses to send it to. They go on to say for me to get a refund they would have to get one of there engineers to open and make sure it’s not broken or faulty!!!!! Why? What if it was or is faulty after all after reading the reviews I don’t trust them. I have got this feeling they are out to try and get off from sending a refund after all they conned advertising one thing and sending another. DO NOT TRUST OR BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE"
"I ordered a mobile phone, listed as in stock; it took a long time to come. I tried to set it up and it was a non UK device so could not configure the unit to work. It took 3 days for them to email returns labels and now they want 7 working days to test the product before sending a working device. We are now 2 weeks since the order was placed and paid for. I have had to chase every step of the way. No further on I should have had my old phone refurbished instead. Don't bother with this company poor very poor service."
"They sell broken products. The charger is not working. I paid extra money for fast delivery and now I lost it and I have to sent it back. Why they sell broken products?"
"Untrustworthy: Box.xo.uk admits to website & order confirmation mistakes Very competitive offer on their website (NAS with 4 HDs) incited me to place an order. The order was confirmed by Box.co.uk in writing as 1 NAS plus 4 HDs. When the NAS with only 1 HD was delivered, I asked the company to rectify their mistake and send the other HDs. But they simply said it was a mistake on their website (should have read 1 NAS and 1 HD) and I could return the item. However: If it was a mistake on their website, why did they then confirm my order in writing as 1 NAS and 4HDs? I understand that mistakes can happen (but two in a row? That's very careless). However, when I asked only to be refunded the difference of their NAS plus 1 HD against that of other online sellers who were providing the same NAS and 1 HD cheaper, I was turned down. I was told to look up their return policy on their web and begin a lengthy RMA process. No help from them whatsoever, even though they had made the mistakes and not me. The only way to recoup my money would have to go through their lengthy RMA process, hope for my funds to be returned and then buy the NAS and HDs from a different source. The loss of time would have been significant and ultimately that is perhaps what the company is banking on: get a customer to make a purchase and then instead of finding a quick and equitable solution, make it as difficult as possible to return. Learnings: 1. Stay away from Box.co.uk as their website cannot be trusted as they admitted themselves it has errors. 2. Do not trust their order confirmation email either as that is faulty too, as they also admitted themselves. I will never order from them and am considering passing this case on to the customer ombudsman so the practice is registered. Readiness to engage or help was extremely disappointing"
"Abysmal management, and mostly terrible customer service (with one exception - Carol, on their online chat, is great). I sent my laptop in for repair under the warranty, a process which is meant to take up to 28 days. After a little under two weeks they asked me for my address to send it back. I gave it, and heard nothing further. Once I got in touch with them, they admitted error in failing to send it and promised to send it the next day. I waited in all day, again hearing nothing. I got in touch again the next working day, and was told it had been sent to the wrong delivery company, and would take up to another two weeks (which would be at least a week beyond the 28 days) to send it back *to Box*, not even to me. Every interaction I've had with them has involved them attributing the situation to "human error", seemingly oblivious to the meaning of this term - i.e. they're entirely at fault - but refusing to compensate me in any way for time lost on my work, or in interacting with their awful, awful management. Worst company I've ever had any dealings with. And I've still not got my laptop back."
"Sent me the faulty item. They have already received it back but not refunding my money. Have to escalate a claim through PayPal"
"I ordered a printer to be delivered the following day and it has still not arrived thanks to their choice of HERMES. Whilst they have offered to refund my delivery charge this is still not good enough. Avoid unless they offer you a different courier."
"Ordered my new monitor on 20/9 at 0645, arrived next day at 1330! Now that's what I call service. Followed the order online with no problems. This is the second time I've used Box and they will be my first port of call when I need some more tech. Thoroughly recommended."
"I bought a refurbished laptop, which arrived with broken casing and a password protected account, so I spent days working around that just to be able to use it. It said it worked with Windows 10 and it doesn't, and when requesting a repair, they have refused to honour the warranty."
"Best price online and fee next day delivery on my item. Item arrived on time. No problems."
""ordered pc case its now a week past the date was meant to be here so contacted box.co.uk they said they will contact delivery company and email me once they find out the problem that was 3 days ago still not got back ""
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with us, I would love to try and rectify this. Can you please email me at wecare@box.co.uk with your order number and I will see what I can do.

Kind Regards
TeamBox
"First and last order with Box,30.07.17 i ordered a SteelSeries Arctis 5 RGB 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset and a StarTech.com 0.5m Blue Gigabit Snagless RJ45 UTP Cat6 Patch Cable,cable arrived two days later,great (this came direct from supplier). 03.08.17 the headset arived not bad as it was free post,open box its a cheaper Arctic 3 headset. Contacted Box,Email answered quickly,thay wont pictures (my time). Pictures sent Box gives me a return number,but i have to print the return label (my time and money). The plastic wraped box that the headset arrived in is apparently not good enough for the return trip and needs to be packed in a box with bubble wrap (more of my time and a used box from Amazon). Then I have to take it to a DHL pick up place (my time and petrol). 01.09.17 still have no headset and no further information from Box,my Box account was last updated on the 22.08.17 and has said "Pending Your return is currently being processed" ever since?? You would think a new customer,with there first order,Box might be keen to sort problems out. The moral of this story is I should have bought it from Amazon,it was four pounds more expensive with next day "prime" delivery."
Hi,

Kind Regards
TeamBox
"So Far i am not impressed, The new laptop which cost nearly £2000 fails to turn on when you open the screen after being shut on sleep mode and games sometimes freeze like gta and fallout. When i called box they said to email them Which i was appalled by and didn't do, next day (today) i call again and they say i need to ring asus themselves, asus gave me a rma number and so i ring box back and they then say to email return and now for a brand new machine i have to wait on average 30 days for? this is my gaming and also business machine and need it to keep on with my daily business tasks. so far i am not happy at all. Now if they see the issues and replaced the machine within a few days then result i will have lost a few days but at least a speedy swap and i can reinstall my workload and carry on but to wait weeks is just not on! 10 years ago i bought a dell machine and payed £1200 10 years ago and that went strong until only 2 months ago!! 10 years, this machine only a week and I'm having problems!!"
"First and last time I bought anything from box.co.uk – rather pay more somewhere else... Worst customer service I ever received. I would give minus 5 stars if it would be possible. Bought £200 sat nav with dash cam. Item received - next day with dpd - so great courier but this is where good finishes with box.co.uk Parcel in good condition - dpd is excellent - never had any complaint about them - but as soon as i opened parcel I noticed hole in the box of my brand new £200. Then I noticed my brand new sat nav have been unsealed... Phoned up box and they said they not dealing with complaints over the phone - I have to email them. Ok i'm sending an email with description what I found in my parcel, and suggested to send me courier for next day to collect it and deliver new one in the same time, I explained I really need sat nav asap - and guess what! No reply for my email... I filed paypal claim next day and spoke to person on live chat and they tried to make me open the box and check whether item is damaged inside, when I said I don't want to check item inside because it is clearly customer return, refurbished or second hand. They said I have right to return anything within 30 days on my own cost! I said that's not right as your website didn't state open item, they said they can't do anything about it. So I returned item – on my cost!! updated them on paypal and had to wait week to get my refund. No reimbursement for postage.... What an absolutely joke customer service... Frankly speaking - I shop online a lot I even buy stuff from Chinese stores like gearbest and bangood... - even them provide far way better customer service."
Box.co.uk is rated 4.48 based on 1,616 reviews