Boots Reviews

52% of reviewers recommend Boots
3PM
3PM

About Boots: Buy health and beauty products online from the UKs most popular chemist, Boots. Find pharmacy services, prescriptions, baby, diet, fitness, hair products and perfume. Check out the huge selection of our online products, the number one store the UKs.

Boots Customer CarePO Box 5300

Categories:
Hair&body
Health & Beauty
Make-Up
Perfumes

Tell us how Boots made you happy

Postal Service, Courier, Own Driver
Over a week
customer service
Avg Email Response Time
-1 hours
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Things are not exactly what they try to show. Looking for glasses frame you see " 2 glasses for £ 75,00 " in a wall with lots of frames, but there is the thing, nothing explains that if you buy a £ 50,00 frame the second £ 50,00 frame will be for half price , so £ 25,00 plus the first = £ 75,00. Vouchers of double or triple points can not be used in Boots Optician, because it's not written Optician on them. Same if you have the vouchers kind of if you spend more than £ 30,00, 300 points and others vouchers so far. They made me do a eye test , and pay for it , I would use my old prescription, or they won't make the new ones I was asking for. Im customer for many years, do surveys online, do my eye tests there, did many glasses, shop Boots always. Im very upset , today I felt just a disposable customer, they do not care. The politics is sell ."
Are you Boots? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Purchased a nail varnish online to collect in store, process was very smooth all arrived on time. Went to collect to find a big plastic postage bag filled with plastic bubble wrap and plastic wrap, total overkill. I understand that the product needed to be protected but some brown paper or tissue paper would have done the trick. Nowadays this isn't acceptable. Very unimpressed, defiantly won't be using again if this is standard practice."
"Unprofessional staff, confusing price, I have called to give my feedback and was totally ignored. They truly made me feel uncomfortable."
"Been shopping at boots for many years. Today I wanted to print a picture off for fathers day. I went to 5 boots stores, every store the machine wasn't working not even switched on. I asked a member of staff in each store not 1 of them new how to turn machine on or why they wer not working, very very annoying."
"I bought hearing aids at a cost of £2700 about 2 yrs ago first one of the electric wires broke when we were out of the country for 6 weeks after 7 months. Then it happened again. They admitted that the supplier Phonak had a problem. Then you find that only certain branches stock the batteries, then you find even less stock phonak smart guards. So one shop gives you a leaflet to order them online. Try to register online and at the end of registration process their site goes down so I call the number listed online and after waiting 5 minutes it cuts me off. The way I feel now I would not recommend them or use them again."
"Spoke to customer services twice about a damaged item received in post. Only valued at 3.20 but was needed. Both times I was told to take an hour out of my day, drive to a store and get a refund. Alternatively could drive to post office, post item back and wait for refund. Not cost effective for Boots and certainly not for me. Any decent store would just send a replacement especially since my order totalled £180. Why would I waste time trying to fleece them for £3.20? Emailed customer services to complain. Allowed over their stated response time before calling again. I was immediately corrected about the timescales I quoted for a reply so had to read boots their own email. Was told they deal with emails when they can. This is now a matter of principle so I call the complaints team where I finally find some common sense. A nice chap sent me two replacement items and put some points on my boots card as an apology. Done and dusted in minutes. Boots -you need to ensure your customer services team are all aware of the sensible way to deal with small damaged items and also ensure they do not contradict a customer quoting your own emails. As your helpful chap pointed out, I have been buying online for years and the last time I returned anything was 2015 so hardly the conning type!"
"Boots store in precinct in Kilmarnock. .. there is no room to queue for prescriptions like other stores and people get confused who's standing and why ! Also staff: 4 behind counter wandering about ... look at people standing and ignore them. Hate going into that store !"
"I always thought Boots was a brilliant shop until today. I had numerous coupons and one was particular for double points two uses. I spent money and yes got my double points. 5 minutes later I found some other make up I would buy. At the till I was looking to use the second double points on the same coupon. I was told that it ( the coupon) couldn’t be used on the same day. How absolutely ridiculous. I rang the customer care at Boots and was told it is terms and conditions. It does not state this on the coupon or on the till receipt. I have requested to be taken off the mailing list for coupons, I am able to buy my make up on line and other goods from Superdrug or even Tesco (which both have loyalty cards. I shall not by from Boots again as a matter of principle Boots you have lost a good customer. LOYALTY HA HA"
"Purchased several items of make up I didn't have a loyalty card but decided to get one as I spend a fair amount at the store. I asked the cashier if the permanent card would be sent to my address, and in a sarcastic tone the reply was " that's why we ask you to fill in the form". As I left the store mentally totalling up my bill I realized one of the offers didn't come off my total. I did get my refund but feel reluctant to rush back."
"I have visited Boots in Dorchester Dorset on three separate occasions lately and had the misfortune to have the same miserable young woman on the cosmetic counter deal with me. She showed no interest in actually helping me, pointing out what I asked about when approached and never once looking me in the eye nevermind giving a smile or welcome. On once occasion I needed to exchange an item I had bought in error and she was very rude and brusque. Boots need some secret shoppers to visit and see just what I mean, she won't be hard to spot, all the other assistants are generally helpful and friendly."
"Booked appointment at 5.00pm - was kept waiting for initial tests. The place seemed chaotic with lots of Boots uniformed people milling around but not helping customers. I was directed to a waiting area and was there for 1 1/4 hrs with other customers it seemed going first before me although arriving after me. When I asked how much longer to wait I was told there was only one consultant as all the others had left and it would probably be another 10 - 20 mins - so I abandoned the place in disgust! Having first told me the appointment would be at 5.00 pm for a half hour I then left after 1 hr and 15 mins without even being told the result of the initial test. How different from Specsavers who are very efficient!"
"For the last several weeks I’ve been purchasing Hemoglobin liquid to give me an energy boost for the sort of work I do so I went up to the counter to pay the pharmacist said ‘why are you buying this again’? Is there any particular reason’? My reply to him was to give an energy boost then he insisted he saw me buying the same product a couple of days ago I felt he had no right to challenge me in what I was buying I felt intimidated by him."
"Taking forever to get a refund even after being assured that it had been processed etc.."
"After adding many items to my basket online, I went to checkout only to find that you cannot pay with a Boots gift card!!?? It seems I have to go into our local store, which is very small and won't stock all of the items I require. Also, very inconvenient for me to travel to the store. Come on Boots..keep up with the times!!"
"No staff on the shop floor. Staff on the beauty counters reluctant to help. When I asked the sales assistant question her response was "Google it""
"The service at the tills is hit and miss. Some of the staff are helpful but I'm sorry to say a lot of them are not and this compares badly with the standard of service in most other shops. The last time I went in the assistant did not offer to help with putting my purchases in my bag and then pointed out that a lady behind me was waiting! This was despite the fact that I am one of your older customers. A number of staff (not the young ones) have an attitude problem. They are much more considerate at Superdrug. Even with points I'm fed up with Boots. You don't offer a paper bag for items bought."
"My on-line order was incomplete and wrong item included in it. I had to re purchase my original order, refund item which was not mine. As this was at the holiday period, my order was too late when it arrived and refund was not straight forward. In all this took 12 days from ordering to refund. Very disappointed"
"Was assured that I would receive next day delivery. Called into the local store twice and having checked their system item not received but assured again it would be in next day - xmas eve. No not received. Phoned online number who advised they were aware that it was a failure delivery on the Saturday morning. Did not try to make contact by any method to have the chance to obtain elsewhere. Does not show on system that would have alerted local office. Had to re-order as this was not done. Extremely disappointed in their lack of service/communication and promises."
"My online order never arrived at the store, I was not contacted once payment had been made. I emailed customer care and got no response either. I visited the store to try to find out what had happened to my order. Gentlemen I dealt with was great and managed to arrange a refund for me and find a similar product in store. Very disappointed with boots overall"
"Hi I recently bought some items at Boots Gatwick Airport, South Terminal-Arrivals and had an 'interesting' experience! I was paying for my items when the guy behind the counter saw that I had a lot of loose change in my purse and said I could pay with this if I wanted. He then proceeded to take my purse from me without asking and began tipping the money out! I took it back and said I'd do it myself! The bill was for £3.49 and so I gave him a £10 note and fifty pence as I couldn't be bothered to count out the change and was in a hurry. He then gave me one penny change! I asked for the rest and he seemed flustered and gave me the remaining £7. I don't want to say that he was being dishonest but it was a very strange experience, I'm only 63 (and don't have grey hair!) and have never had a shop assistant take my purse from me before. More staff training is needed I think!"
Boots is rated 3.10 based on 962 reviews