Boots Reviews

51% of reviewers recommend Boots
00AM
12AM

About Boots: Buy health and beauty products online from the UKs most popular chemist, Boots. Find pharmacy services, prescriptions, baby, diet, fitness, hair products and perfume. Check out the huge selection of our online products, the number one store the UKs.

Boots Customer CarePO Box 5300

Categories:
Hair&body
Health & Beauty
Make-Up
Perfumes

Tell us how Boots made you happy

Postal Service, Courier, Own Driver
customer service
Avg Email Response Time
-1 hours
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Very poor service no staff and poor pharmacist the most unhelpful pharmacist I’ve come across"
Are you Boots? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordered 3 gifts on 9th Nov for collection on 13th (still don't have them on 19th) as I could easily pick up the order from the shop on that day and a few subsequent days. Heard nothing on the 13th so walked over and asked. Nothing there, but told I could call shop to check or after 48 hours call customer services. I was disappointed that I received no email telling me what was happening with my order and that all responsibility to chase it was with me. After several calls and store visits and a 30 min call to customer services (15 mins to pick up and then around 10 mins on hold) my missing item was reordered and I was assured it would be there the next day. I rang and it wasn't and customer services couldn't tell me where it was and when it would be delivered. So now I have another day where I have to call boots again, and if it arrives pay the costs of travelling into cambridge city on a day where I have no other reason to go. I would not recommend using Boots online as although staff are friendly, the system is so poor that no-one knows where the products being delivered are."
"Ordered a product that was supposedly in stock, then ordered another item to receive free delivery. Only received other item not no 7 set, when I contacted Boots they stated no 7 gift set out of stock and will receive a refund. Extremely unhappy about this. Now I have to wait up to 7 days to receive a refund for product which was clearly out of stock when they took my money."
"Lost my order couldn't be bothered to even email me to let me know will never buy from boots online again"
"Will never use boots online again, Placed an order in November it still hasn't arrived. Stupidly placed another order for store collection this time and that hasn't arrived in store. When contacted customer service was told basically to claim a refund and reorder although half the things I had ordered and paid for were no longer in stock and the aftershave I ordered is now at full price and I would have to pay full price now. Would not recommend Boots.com to anyone for one order not to be delivered fair enough it happens but for two of my orders to not arrive disgusting especially when these are gifts for people. If I could give them no stars I would and there customer service staff need to go on training courses on how to deal with customers."
"SHOCKING COMPANY... WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN ORDERED AND THEN CANCELLED MY ORDER AND DID NOT REFUND MY MONEY, EMAILED AND CALLED TO NO AVAIL, WILL NEVER USE THERE ONLINE PLATFORM AGAIN. TERRIBLE COMPANY. DO NOT USE....."
"The staffs at Manor Park,Romford RD, London branch Booths pharmacy especially Diane have been tremendously helpful to me thank you and merry Christmas 🎄 when it comes."
"Yesterday being Monday the 22 October 2018 I visited the boots opticians in Bognor Regis. While there I witnessed the worst customer relations that anyone could expect to encounter. The Manageress there who I saw on her tag named as Laura was rude and arguing loudly and openly for everyone there to hear. She was a complete disgrace to Boots which is suppose to be a very good reputable company. They lost trade from me that day when I was going to purchase both glasses and contact lenses. As long as that manager is in that store I should advise all to avoid it. On the way out I heard two staff in the shop shake their heads and say here we go again...… Obviously its a normal event for them...So come on Senior management sort out this store please,,,,the Opticians ran by this manager is a complete disgrace."
"TOTALLY exasperated by the incompetence & extremely poor customer service I have received from Boots.com.... Ordered 2 each of 3 items online as my local store doesn't stock 1 of the items (a Boots own brand item!) & always has poor stock levels of the other 2 items. 1 item was on a buy 1 get 1 half price. After my order was despatched I was sent an email to say they'd only sent 1 of the on offer item (I was therefore refunded the difference). I went to my local store to collect the other 5 items to find only 1 had been sent 😕 The assistant very kindly contacted Boots.com on my behalf & I was assured that the other items had been reordered & would be on their way. I went a 2nd time to collect said order to find Boots.com had sent the same 1 item I had received the previous time 😟 Once again the assistant contacted Boots.com & asked them to reorder the missing items & also asked them to confirm 3, yes 3, times what items they were sending. Problem solved....you'd think so right?!? I received an email confirming despatch of only 2 of the missing 4 items!!! 😡 By this point I am seriously hacked off. I contact Boots.com myself & am told they might not be able to reorder the missing items as I've already had 2 reorders against my original order....Yes, I have!! But only through the complete incompetence of Boots.com staff!!! 🤬🤬 The reorder did go through. Today I have eventually received all of my order after having to order them 4 times & 3 trips into my local store!*?#@$! How difficult is it....I would hazard a guess at 'not at all!!' I DON'T recommend Boots.com & I very much doubt I'll use them again"
"cancellation policy is awful. Ordered an item at 11am. wanted to cancel the order 30 minutes later. Even though the order is still pending they refuse to cancel the order informing me to wait until the order is delivered and then return to store. How does that even make sense?"
"The Boots website is a joke! It's slow and unreliable and the check stock in store function is a waste of time. After numerous attempts this morning to find an item I gave up and walked to the nearest store to look for myself. If Boots wants to sell online they should sort out their website. I shall be removing the app from my mobile device and shopping elsewhere. I have no complaints about the staff in my local store, they are all friendly and helpful."
"Things are not exactly what they try to show. Looking for glasses frame you see " 2 glasses for £ 75,00 " in a wall with lots of frames, but there is the thing, nothing explains that if you buy a £ 50,00 frame the second £ 50,00 frame will be for half price , so £ 25,00 plus the first = £ 75,00. Vouchers of double or triple points can not be used in Boots Optician, because it's not written Optician on them. Same if you have the vouchers kind of if you spend more than £ 30,00, 300 points and others vouchers so far. They made me do a eye test , and pay for it , I would use my old prescription, or they won't make the new ones I was asking for. Im customer for many years, do surveys online, do my eye tests there, did many glasses, shop Boots always. Im very upset , today I felt just a disposable customer, they do not care. The politics is sell ."
"Boots store in precinct in Kilmarnock. .. there is no room to queue for prescriptions like other stores and people get confused who's standing and why ! Also staff: 4 behind counter wandering about ... look at people standing and ignore them. Hate going into that store !"
"Terrible customer service - never never order online as any errors cannot be amended or cancelled - even a simple change of address a WEEK before delivery cannot be done. There is a script being read from with no variation other than 'no we cannot make any changes to your order'. Crazy when it's just a click of the button and the order has not yet been processed."
"They gave me a voucher to enter a competition. When you enter the competition it signs you up to a company called slimline and tries to change your internet page! No mention of a competition what are they up to?"
"I ordered a perfume from the store called Versace Dylan Blue as it came with a free Versace bag. I waited until the date of arrival and it hadn't arrived. The tracking information hadn't updated either. I contacted boots and they said that due to snow, my order was backlogged. This is understandable and they said that if the order didn't arrive within 48 hours, they'd send it out again. When asked about the bag, they said it was subject to availability. I later emailed them saying that if they couldn't send the bag with the perfume (if they had to send another order out), I'd like my order to be cancelled. The next day, I received a response from them. They said that they will be resending the perfume out to me as hermes had lost my order. They cancelled my original order and made a new one. However, the new order didn't have the bag included. I checked on the website and it said that the bag was still available. I called them and explained the situation. They had actually ran out of bags from the very start when I made my first order and will be sending out the order anyway with just the perfume even though I specified that I did not want the order if the bag wasn't included. They clearly hadn't read my email properly and hadn't updated the website with the correct information. They also gave me 200 boots advantage points as a goodwill gesture. Thats £2 of points for a mistake costing me £74 and refunding it to the store will cost £3 for a bus pass anyway. I am extremely disappointed with how they dealt with this order. I have lost money from this mistake and do not recommend ordering from them. This was my first order with boots and I have never dealt with such an awful delivery. Their compensation that they gave me was assuming that I'd shop at boots again which is now questionable."
"Boots are a complete con. They give you offers of products but if you purchase more than four or five different products that are all on offer they cancel your order without a valid explanation. When you contact them for a reason they say they are unable to disclose the information but that you have failed an authentication check. The young girl I spoke to was very arrogant and short and had no clue about customer care and little communication skills. In a nutshell, they don't want your order to be more than a few items on special offer. They put their products on deals to bring in the potential buyers and when you have spent so long trying to sort the problem out most will probably just purchase alternative items that are not on offer. Just look at their feedback. I will not be visiting Boots again and my advice is to do the same. There are many other retailers offering the same products at decent prices who won't give you the stress and hassle you get from shopping with Boots."
"What an experience I had today in boots in Birkenhead today I understand some people have the Monday blues But to get two ladies not giving good polite customer service. I asef a young girl who was pregnant could she help me find my replacement foundation I showed her my last one ad she took it off me there was no verbal contact with me not even when she gave me the one I wanted I was made to feel as her task was more important than mysef ...a paying customer. ..when I went to the till. Again no smile or chat ...I know there are some new staff there ...if looks as if they are not happy in there work place ..reason I don't know .there are plenty of people who would like a job who give better service. .....this is my local store as I work in Birkenhead and also work in a store. Am not a happy shopper"
"Pity they run a misleading advert for their Dual Defence nasal spray. After being told to remove the previous ad because it incorrectly claimed to stop people getting a cold (rather than simply to reduce symptoms), they now use a picture of people in space helmets smiling next to another person sneezing - clearly implying the same discredited message that the product actually stops you catching things. I'd expect better from a retailer of medicines."
"The service at the tills is hit and miss. Some of the staff are helpful but I'm sorry to say a lot of them are not and this compares badly with the standard of service in most other shops. The last time I went in the assistant did not offer to help with putting my purchases in my bag and then pointed out that a lady behind me was waiting! This was despite the fact that I am one of your older customers. A number of staff (not the young ones) have an attitude problem. They are much more considerate at Superdrug. Even with points I'm fed up with Boots. You don't offer a paper bag for items bought."
Boots is rated 3.09 based on 989 reviews