Board Game Crate Reviews

of reviewers recommend Board Game Crate
Read Board Game Crate Reviews

About Board Game Crate:

When we started we had a mission, to introduce people to board games that they might not have heard of, or that they had seen on the shelves of their local board game shop.

What started off as a husband and wife team quickly grew; straight away in fact, with our son, who appeared just a couple of months before we sent our first crates!! And what started off as a simple idea to harness the power of modern AI and machine learning, also quickly grew.

What do you get when two techies harness their coding abilities with their love of board games? The most powerful board game selection system ever put together. And we called it Dirk.

Tell us how Board Game Crate made you happy
Fantastic games delivered every month in a wonderful box (or boxes sometimes!). These games are some we have wanted and some would never have picked up before but have ended up being our most played game this month (special mention .... mystic scrolls!!!) We indulged in an annual package and so far 3 months in we are very satisfied with the quality of the games, service, packaging and all round benefits of the subscription. So thankyou!
Had two crates now and have really enjoyed the games I have received. Even though they had a problem receiving one of the games last month they got in contact and asked what we would like to do. All the games I have received are ones I would not have brought myself but so glad I have played them. Excellent idea for people who love board games and like to receive a surprise every month.
Nice surprise through the post each month. Would definitely recommend taking the time to edit the profile section with types of games you have/prefer.
I think your algorithm should check the rating that is given in BGG, if any. I finally received the package, with a slow delivery (not your fault of course, but the local carrier). When I opened it though, I got Power Grid, which is a highly rated game, but I give it a 6/10. On BGG that states "OK Game". And an OK game isn't what I'd go and purchase. Also, I got Hanabi, which I already own. And it's marked as "owned" on the geek site, and in "My collection" here on board game crate site.
Hi there,

Thanks very much for your review. It's all helping us improve! :)

When we pick games for our crate we do check each and every BGG rating. We will never include a game in our crate that isn't rated above 6.0 and if it's rated between 6.0 and 6.5 then we have to have played it and really enjoyed it, otherwise it doesn't go anywhere near our crate!

As you say, Power Grid is a highly-rated game, currently 7.91/10 on BGG.

I'm really sorry that you received Hanabi in your crate, which you say is a game you already have.

Please do get in touch with us at hello@boardgamecrate.co.uk and we'll work out why Hanabi was assigned to you.

Best wishes,

Phil
Great game in a box each month.
The Board Game Crate has allowed me to try games that I would not have tried and find some true gems.
I love the surprise each month, and getting introduced to new games.
A fantastic service provider by people who really cares about getting it right. Consistently good value, we always look forward to the next crate with great excitement. Can't recommend it enough.
I think Boardgame Crates are great for new gamers and I am genuinely of the opinion that over the coming year or so the fine tuning that these guys are doing will make it a great service for all users. Thanks for the crates!
Excellent service and really happy with the games in the crate. Got a games that I never would have thought of buying but we all really enjoy playing. Would recommend.
Been a subscriber now for the past three months and already received classics of the genre, award winning games and some of my new favourites. Would highly recommend this service to anyone.
Iv found its a great way of getting games that I ordinarily wouldn't pick up for myself. Iv found some of my favourite games through it
Value for money might not be up there, when shipping internationally, but the selection of games were of good quality.
Really fantastic game choices would recommend to anyone 👍
I’ve had no problems at all. Every game has been a hit. I only question the random bag of dice I get with every crate. I have more dice than I know what to do with...
there were only 2 game, which is ok if they are good, but one was a create your own game kit, for me that isn't a game @
Hi,

It's the Board Game Crate team here.

I think the game you're talking about is Blank. (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/231824/blank)

It is a game in itself, and each time you play the winner of each game can create a custom card. The game should have come with 72 cards, of which 36 are fully illustrated cards to be played in the game, and the other 36 are there for the winners of each game, to make their own rules and expand the game to your very own unique set of cards.

If we've got that wrong, or if you want to have a chat with us about the game then get in touch at hello@boardgamecrate.co.uk.

Best wishes,

The Board Game Team
Got exactly the game I wanted! And it just happened to be a few days before my birthday, so the timing was great as well :) Very happy with my first board game crate :)
Very pleased - great games and excellent value for money! Love the surprise element.
Excellent choice of games. Have been really pleased in the last couple of crates to get games from my wishlist. It is good to know the system works.
The games you get are brilliant and so far have matched what I pay for the crate. My only small issue is how long they take to arrive. You pay at the start of the month and you may not get it until the end of the month.
Board Game Crate is rated 4.48 based on 25 reviews