Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Absolute garbage customer service.

I moved house and already had broadband setup in the new house. There's no way to cancel your account online so you have to call their callcenter. I tried to do that, and waited on hold for an hour only to be cut off. I tried sending a message using their complaints service but got no response there for weeks either.

Now they're still charging me for a service that I don't want but can't cancel! Ridiculous.
I signed a contract with Virgin media in September and since them I noticed that the speed is mostly very low that in the online meetings, I am the only one whose internet cuts regularly. I am afraid that due to this poor service, I may lose my job. I called several time to their customer service and they did nothing. Indeed their customer service is terrible. When I said I would like to cancel the contract, I was told that I should pay the cancellation fee. How come I should pay for a poor service!
Virgin media have let themselves down.... Again. Their monthly fees were constantly creeping up so opted for a slower broadband speed to keep costs down. Unknown to us virgin took it upon themselves to change our phone package also which meant we were being charged for calls during the week. This left us paying more than we were originally! This was morale wrong of virgin and when we complained, virgin said there was nothing they could do. Very dissapointed and will never sign up to virgin ever again.
Their customer service is non existent, i tried for nearly a year to cancel my broadband when the contract finished, calls always dropped, emails never answered, an un-useful bot that directs you to a dead end! I finally cancelled my direct debit, they then sent an automated non payment bill of £38, i phoned the bill paying number and surprisingly got straight through to a person.. amazing... I explained the situation and she directed me to cancellation dept, I was offered a better deal of £25 and i said ok the call handler said there will be a £7.50 discount included on the next bill, nice, thanks. Hours later I received an email for £88! .. day before £38..
I tried phoning but guess what... no response just and automated line telling you to pay, any waiting for a person to talk to ends in ‘we are very busy’ then call drops out! My internet has now been turned off by Virgin with no warning and no communication.. and they won’t answer my calls as is the norm.

I am still hanging on a phone trying to get through, fkn appalling!!
WHATEVER HAPPENS, DO NOT USE VIRGIN.

You will go through hell and high water and still be the loser. I implore you to try others like EE where customer service is top notch.

VIRGIN CAN MESS UP YOUR CREDIT WITHOUT RIGHTS! AND SCARE YOU INTO PAYING FOR NOTHING.

It is almost impossible to get through to them so don’t even bother.

Good luck
I moved home and told Virgin, they said they could not supply internet to my new address and so the contract would have to be cancelled. Even though in effect they cancelled my contract and it is their fault they could not supply my new address I am being charged nearly £200 for finishing the contract early. So if you are a virgin customer do not complete on your house sale until your contract runs out !!!!!!
They don’t provide WiFi, their WiFi is so bad and inconsistent they might as well give u a card board box as a router. NEVER GET VIRGIN. U will thank me
An extremely damaging company especially when it comes to mis-selling and poor customer service. Today they closed a complaint I opened in January citing because I didn’t get in touch after the first response, they assume I was happy with their resolution.

Only I did get in touch several times by email over the last month directly to the resolution team, I also called several times and was promised several calls back – none of which were returned, and I recorded all my outgoing calls! Finally, I sent a letter to their complaints department in Sunderland, citing my complaint, the original reference number, and copies of all correspondence. Royal Mail obtained a signature but still according to Virgin Media I didn’t get back in touch!

Even yesterday trying once again to resolve this on the phone I spoke to Rachel in the resolution team who decided to pass me back through to Virgin Mobile an overseas call centre where the staff sound like robots and have absolutely no idea about customer service!

So, thanks Virgin Media and thanks to Martin Roberts from your outbound retention team based in sunny Birmingham for mis-selling. Please don’t respond asking me to text you, I think I have made adequate attempts to resolve this and you have failed. As for closing my complaint I have escalated it now to CISAS and the Financial Ombudsman, next stop the ICO for the fact your employee stole my bank details from my Virgin Media account and set up a direct debit with my bank for Virgin Mobile, I misuse of my personal data. You are an awful company and as soon as the next price increase occurs I am gone never to return and I’ll be taking at least seven different customers with me, friends and family who are absolutely appalled at how you have handled my complaint.
Been with them since the start . Was a vast improvement when they first took over from C & W years ago but all downhill last 2 years. Very difficult to get through to report fault. When there is a fault they give you false information to put you off with incorrect times to remedy fault. and stupid comments like your equipment is not turned on when it IS working. If you ring they will say there is a fault in your area but if you check online service will say no faults and your equipment is working. This last year 2020 regular outages of Wi-Fi and broadband. reliability has plummeted. Only saving grace is very fast broadband when working
Awful company. I have an online account, but no method of ending my contract on-line. Only option is to call one of their sales people, on a number with a waiting the of one hour. They consistently overcharge their existing customers, and when questioned about this just try to sell even more overpriced services.
They make it so horrible dealing with them its honestly out of a nightmare.

Everything is with a robot and is so so hard to speak to someone real. Dont forget they charge £3+ a minute to call their customer service number THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL
I am sick to death of trying to get any of my issues solved.You manage to ring when you want to offer more services to put your bill up even more but trying to talk to anybody with any sense is impossible to have not got any customer service whatsoever get your act together
It is the worst company in the world. They are trying to get money at of you for no reason. Just bad. You are better off staying without broadband that choose them.
You lied to me you left me without internet for 2 weeks and I still have to wait another 2 weeks for installation because you just rescheduled it for me. I moved home and I might lose my job because of you guys because I cannot work from home anymore. I spent over £70 on mobile data so far
Agreed a fixed price 18 month deal on 29th December 2020. Got the paperwork the next day. All done I think.

Five weeks later, they write to me telling me that my monthly fee is going up more than ten percent.

Ring to complain, thinking it was a mistake, but told no it's not. However maybe they could bend over backwards to offer me a small discount to make the increase a bit smaller but still an increase. And I should tug my forlock and be grateful for that.

I don't want a discount on the new price, I say. I just want you to honour the agreement you made.

Sorry can't do that they say.

Right, I say, I want to raise a complaint.

Ok they say we will open a complaint. And what action would you like us to take to resolve the complaint? They ask.

Honour the f****g contract we agreed! I cry.

Ok they say. We can do that as a complaint resolution action!

Terrible customer service.
How do vigin media rip you off ! When you move house and you're had virgin media at your previous address and want to transfer only your bround band. So virgin say you not starting a new contract, become your an existing customers. You do not have the option to cancel after fourteen days. Virgin thankfully will round your cancellation charge to £240 because you walked your ass a 18 month contract witch is not a contract as virgin told me because I'm still that existing customers. So duck virgin and if you live in Hinckley you definitely want to get sky so much better. I'm not paying virgin £240 for nothing so if anyone wants a cheap virgin media bround band for 18 months give me a shout lol
Been trying since Oct 2020 to cancel my contract. Went to BT, and Virgin only cancelled part of my contract, and to make up the loss of income, upgraded my TV package! Paid them over £200 for something I don't use, made numerous complaints, went online and they are all closed! Pathetic service avoid, avoid, avoid!
No internet for second day in a row. And what is the most annoying they show that everything works fine. Liars and unprofessional, ripping of people without providing service.
FIX THE INTERNET!
Don't be fooled by the high speeds and actual broadband promised by this company. Have been dealing with Virgin of over 6 months regarding the constant disconnection. Really surprised Virgin after 8 months with them couldn't view the hub's connection after frequently calling up about the issue throughout the contract. Don't believe that they will call you when promised. I'm not an angry customer, just frustrated for staying as long as I did. Don't want the same to happen to yourself.
Definitely Avoid.
Internet is offline literally all the time. If more than a few people are online at the house the internet crashes. I started paying 24 then kept changing to make speed better and even then it’s not close to what sky gave. Worst customer service. Be on the phone for 1 hour and u will be in queue. I literally need help to get out of my two years contract and would never recommend it to my worst enemy. I made a huge mistake leaving sky and coming to virgin media
Virgin Media is rated 1.18 based on 1,238 reviews