Virgin Media Reviews

Over a week
customer service
2 - 3 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"complained about broadband not working, i was told that i needed 100gig for my area, they put my price up for this service. after two weeks told virgin broadband that this was still not working, i told them to cancel the broadband,they told me that i have to keep the contract 18 months i contacted virgin, i was put on hold one hour and six minutes, someone i was treat so badly from this person that my wife had to take me to hospital with high blood pressure , i am a veteran war pensioner with severe p,t,s, disorder, when a complaint was lodged, virgin gave me £50.00 for the trouble they caused, then they repeated there hard line tactics,again this was very upsetting for me, i am left with no broadband and no landline working, my original contract was to end june 2019, i think this is a total disgrace and not legal. not fit for service."
"Unbelievably rubish. I have not even got my account yet and I already want to leave. After a guaranteed install date; 5 working days after going though the set up process I am still waiting 2 weeks and many calls later. I have just called and spoken to someone in Manila and apparently they cannot give me an install until I have an account number. Which needs to be generated in India by the accounts team. Now another guarantee.. 24-48 hours I will have an install date.... why give guarantees which can’t be lived up to?? Just tell your customers what is the actual time for instal in the first place"
"Absolutely disgusting customer service!! I've spoken to at least 8 different people today and every single one of them has been so rude. They don't actually listen They shout over you And when you say because of the rubbish service you are considering leaving you get told to do it!! You get passed from pillar to post and still no sign of problem being resolved. So story begins on 17th April. Man comes out to put upgraded boxes in. He couldn't do it because signal was really low! We needed the wires to be pulled (whatever that means ) Was told this was going to be done before man came back today to put new boxes in ( 14th May ) Man knocks to inform me he couldn't pull the wires because the actual station for all these wires is in a gated alley way and he can't gain access because the gates are locked!! Now this is the best part!! One customer service idiot told us it was our job to get a key to gain access to this alley way!! This alley way is 2 streets away and nothing to do with us!! They want us to knock on strangers doors and ask for the keys!! As if people are just gonna give them to us!! Anyway rant over Do yourself a big favour and use another company because these are useless!!"
"Overall broadband speed is high but never get the full advertised speed. We need to know if the speed slows down at peak times."
"After being a loyal customer for 10 years and I felt that I just have had enough of this arrogant company! Customer service takes a bit of time to navegate and connect. The agents are abroad and they can't do very much, you have to have them reconnect you back to the UK by asking to speak to a superviser for anything complex. The Hub 3 is a dreadful piece of equipment. Constantly dropping connection, limited wifi range and limitations on what you can do with it. Don't believe the intellegent wifi marketing rubbish, it did not make any difference to us! The last 5 months I had 4 increases!! My 50mb connection was in contract at £22 then £24.50, then £33 then £35.75!! A 62% increase!! The year before, I was paying £18. 200% increase in the space of a year and a half!!! Apart from masive increases, the thing that pi££ed me off the most was mid contract increase!! Now, this should be illegal! I have now changed over to NowTV BB and am getting 50% more download and 600% increase in upload speed for a lot less and 6 months entertainment Pack free! Although I still believe that they have a mid contract increase! After all the casbacks and incentives I am paying about £15! Lets see where the next 12 months take me!!"
"You’re customer care is very bad .your company charges me 12£ for nothing . and I call them and one lady she said for customer care she said: she’s done care about my complain and she’s just having fun with my language. Virgin media is very bad company I really don’t want to her something with this company ."
"Every thing lousy service towards customers 3weeks and still waiting with no tv or inter net"
"Would not recommend virgin media had nothing but problems from day 1 of install had to be run of a temporary line of next door after 2 months of phoning and them sending the wrong people out for the job i finally got my new cable dug and installed in the mean time did not have a phone line but still got charged for a phoneline i did not have i have made countless phone calls to virgin media to get my money back and did not get a full refund instead i got £3 and a £8 credit i then logged a complaint for the rest of my money for services that were not provided at the time to be told i would get a call back from the manager within 24 - 72 hours that was 2 weeks ago I’m taking to social media and review pages due to the complete lack of communication from virgin media and sheer poor customer service provided by them this is still on going and has been since February as virgin media are just an absolute nightmare id advise you to AVOID THEM as ones they sign you up all they care about is about taking your money out of your account each month regardless if you have your services they should be providing or not good luck calling them as well on hour for 45mins to 2 hours then get absolutely no were with them when they do answer the phone and if you have a problem you will have to pester then with phone call after phone call or else nothing will get done !!!"
"Virgin media are the best provider in my area, however they are very expensive and do not look after their existing customers very well. The broadband is amazingly fast, but when it goes down its a real pain to get someone to fix it, lots of phone calls to international calls centres are really annoying."
"Dear Virgin Media, I set up a direct debit in March with your own employee who also generously gave us £50 credit which with the installing fee and first month of service would cancel out the first bill. We set up a £27 broadband + phone service and first of all, your staff installed the modem and nothing else. Fine. As I mentioned, direct debit has been set there, in person by your employee and myself. One week ago you are calling me to tell me i need to pay £80 of late fees. I sent 3 complaints so far to tell you I am not paying late fees for your mistake but I am happy to pay for the one existing month of service (one was paid in credit). In spite of this, i still pay £44 I received as my negative balance today as I imagined you forgot about the credit but at least got rid of the late fees. That would have been OK. Dodgy, granted- but ok. BUT NO. Immediately after that, I receive another bill to £77. Nobody is answering the phone, nobody is responding to your messaging service, nobody is picking up the complaint meanwhile my internet home is down. This is so bad I am in disbelief"
"First call to CS was 23 minutes so I hung up and try again. I am on 31 minutes waiting and counting. They should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible customer service."
"Very bad incompetent customer service with female who started new contract with me only to find out after that it had not been actioned. Speaking with another person next day he said it was not actioned and he also had a very bad attitude with me."
"Scam artists - the day after our free to cancel period ended on our contract, our WiFi instantly became terrible. Do not choose Virgin as your WiFi provider"
"Sad customer Service...! I called up as my contract ended with them 5 months ago and my price gone up. Asked what they can offer me as sky were doing good deals. I'm am currently paying £66.50 for package, they said they will give me same package for £69.50 if I stay with them. Who there right mind will volunteer to pay £3 more for not her extra but a new contract. I pointed out virgin media offering £45 contract to new customers for same package and sky doing it for £40. They guy left me with no choice but to cancel my service. The adviser seemed very tired and not bothered to talk. The call felt like they are really pushing customers to go to other providers. Virgin Media get a grip...! Mind numbing call."
"Modem died Called 0630am Thursday Will be delivered Monday Impressive huh??"
"what the hell! I am on the phone and I have to be on hold for the last 25 minutes that's plus 45 I have been passed around plus 25mintuis talking to someone who said late me put you on hold for a minute and hung up on me!! I am paying 65 pounds per month it's supposed to include sky cinema but when I called last week I was told it was technical default but now they are telling me its not part of my package! it unelectable! they are standards are below average. poor!!! by the way I am still on hold"
"Failed to process my cancellation and kept sending bills for 5 months - then passed the "debt" for 5 months' line rental to a debt collection agency! I now have the record of defaulting on my credit file and have been turned down for a phone contract because of this. I've called regularly during the 5 months and am always told that the issue is their fault and it will be sorted out immediately - then next month, I get another bill! At the end of my tether with them and I would strongly advice AGAINST ever using this company! Unfortunately due to my roommates' previous contract I am now using a Virgin Media service again - even though we bought two lines to cover the 6-room flat and are paying over the odds, our internet still periodically goes down for no reason. (We're in central London.) Please never use this company - they will steal money, fail to provide service, consistently lie to you on the phone and are very likely to ruin your credit rating as they're unable to process something as simple as a cancellation!"
"Terrible customer service"
"Very bad Service I would not recommend them"
"I have just been sent a text from virgin.Telling me that my mobile contract has been changed.I was not even asked if i wanted this to happen.Really mad about this,i will be leaving virgin and wont ever use them again.Will never recommend them........."
Virgin Media is rated 1.29 based on 414 reviews