Virgin Media Reviews

customer service
Avg Email Response Time
-1 hours

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
Except speed of broadband all else is nothing but a headache. Their free offers are a trap- you will have trouble when attempting to downgrade as they c/s will answer from 30-40 minutes. Cancellation require 1 month’s notice ( before the billing date).
I have been with other internet providers which have been much more interested in the client and involved with them and their issues regarding the broadband. When I joined VM Business and experienced a problem they did not seem to care at first directing me to a speed test website, too many times, telling me that everything was okay. When they finally sent over technicians to check out the problem, they we unable to tell me exactly what was wrong and exchanged the some cables (it did not solve the problem). After this I decided to leave VM Business, due to the fault that they were unable to solve and I was meant to be refunded some money. Since July I have been forced to contact them on a regular basis as firstly, after 'closing the account' you have to wait one month for it to actually close and to receive any turnover or refunds. Mid August, I have released that I still have not received anything form them I called them once more, only to hear that they sent my refund to a new open account under the same number and that they will sort this out. On every occasion they assured me that everything will be with in at most one month. Beginning of October, still nothing.... Called again and was told that they 'forgot' to approve the cheque. And that it has to be processed by the manager and it will take about 14 days. Now since mid October (called for the 4th or 5th time) I have been waiting for my money to be refunded even though the representative told me it would take up to 14 days. As of today (15/11/19) I still have not received this and I called them up again only to hear that they are unable to connect me with the right team as they are on a 4 hour meeting and they can't do anything about this. Costumer service is only good when you want to spend more money and upgrade, other than that they treat you like you're worthless. Joke.
We had an issue with our broadband. Having been with Virgin over 10 years, I am surprised that when I called for support, the man at the other end was rude, and did not care if I stayed with virgin or not. If I was his boss he would be without a job today. Service, when its paid for is very important. They take monies in advance, and when it does not work, like this chap was rude. He should not be working at virgin.
dont go with virgin media! cheap plans but no uk call centers... takes about 10 hours for them to understand what your saying...
I would give them zero stars if I could! I was with Virgin media as a mobile customer for less than 24 hours. They have still managed to scam me out of a £45 ‘contract buy our fee’ despite cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period. I have called them twice to get my money back and have been told a refund has been processed, this was 2 weeks ago and I’m still waiting. I can’t believe that a company as large as Virgin media can get away with treating people the way that they do. They take money from your bank that is completely unauthorised and their call centre staff are so rude it’s unbelievable. If, after reading my review you are still thinking of going with Virgin media because they have offered you a ‘good deal’ my advice would be - if it’s too good to be true, it usually is! Don’t be bought in by cheap prices, they will scam you in any way that they can and you will struggle to get your money back - even if you are genuinely owed it! AVOID AVOID AVOID
Cold called .sold broadband , it only worked for 2 days .The spent another 2 days just trying to speak to someone about it. I would say the customer service was diabolical.but there wasn't any. Managed to cancel under the cooling off period. But they've still sent a bill. I've tried to reply but , surprise surprise, without success. All I can say is the few days I spent with virgin media must have been some of the most stressful in my entire life.
STAY AWAY they rob you cant get hold of them. They dont care for there customers. Honestly worst service ever had to deal with.
Terrible customer service, they told me my bill was due on the 17/11 only to cut off my services 10 days before the bill due date and wouldn’t turn it back on unless I paid before the date they had given me. No help or understanding from them as to why. Avoid.
Easy and quick to make setup. Speedy connection since!
I closed my account when i moved house and paid the closing balance in full over the phone at their request and then they took the payment again by direct debit. Now they won't refund me.
I closed my account when I moved home. I paid the closing balance over the phone at their request and they also took the same payment by direct debit. Now they will not refund me.
COMPLETE NIGHTMARE. VERY BAD BROADBAND SIGNAL. WASTED 3 DAYS OF MY LIFE TALKING TO INDIAN STAFF I COULD HARDLY UNDERSTAND WHO HAD ME MONITORING VIRGIN NETWORK FOR 3 DAYS. RUNNING UP AND DOWN STAIRS CHECKING MY TV, ROUTER AND DESKTOP AND CHEEKLY ASKING WHAT THE DELAY WAS ANSWERING THEM.ON THE 4TH DAY THEY SENT A TECHNICIAN WHO CURED IT FOR A FEW HOURS ONLY.BACK ON THE PHONE TO INDIA AND EVEN MORE WAITING AND THEN REBOOTING.I HAVE CONTACTED THEM 2 TIMES TO COMPLAIN AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR CONTACT 15 DAYS ON. IT IS NO WONDER RICHARD BRANSON HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.
The broadband is okay, but they reneged on the deal I agreed, called me a liar about it and ended by saying we have you trapped in a contract and will screw you over if you try to break it. Best avoided.
Mobile coverage terrible, customer service terrible, always increasing your bill and offering better deals to new customers
Worse customer service ever. Absolute atrocious behaviour and attitude towards customers. I recently upgraded to a new virgin media plan and with it came a new sim. My iPhone was not supported with the new sim because apparently the old sim was a rebranded EE sim and had locked the iPhone to the network. I rang virgin media and they confirmed it and said it’d take 48 hours to unlock by the tech team. Few days later no text or email about it, I ring back and go through the whole process again and they say they’ll email me the code now to unlock the iPhone in 5 days. 5 days go by and nothing, ring back yet again and explain the situation again and this time it’s a blatant ‘No’, ‘not possible to unlock iPhone’ idiot hangs up before I have a chance to say anything back, I call straight back, explain what just happened, that the guy basically lied to me and hung-up. I have to explain the rebrand situation again too. She says it’ll take 5 days for it to unlock. At this point I’m like that’s fine, long as if it actually works. Nothing happens after 5 days. I ring Apple and apparently they’re even more clueless. They say an unlocked iPhone never locks to a network which is clearly wrong. I try to get them to explain to me how it was able to use a rebranded EE sim if was sold locked to me like they say. Clearly it was sold unlocked then locked to the network. They say yet again, unlocked iPhones never lock to a network. I try to clarify that maybe the new models don’t because mine definitely has. They advise I restore the iPhone which will delete all my data but might fix it...yeah right I’m doing that when you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. So back to good old virgin media. I ring back yet again and explain the situation yet again, the guy says they don’t unlock iPhone, which is clearly a lie since they’re my carrier and Apple tech said only the network I’m with can unlock them. He’s adamant they don’t even tho the process has apparently already gone through twice. I tell him to ask the tech team to ring EE to unlock it as they clearly sold me a rebranded EE sim and locked my phone. He goes quiet and puts me on a endless waiting queue. I ring back straight away and this time I get someone with the only brain cells in that Indian call centre. She confirms everything I said was true and it’s a common problem when moving customers to the new virgin media sim. She says the tech team replied back with ‘it’s already unlocked’ and they said EE also said ‘its unlocked’. So someone’s clearly lying here. She says she’ll contact the tech team to provide more of an update on the situation but she’ll ring me on Monday now because it’s the weekend.. I get no call back, finally ring EE directly on Wednesday and they confirm that the iPhone is indeed locked to the EE network. The tech guy says they straight up lied to me. So I was right! Virgin media and Apple tech support were both wrong! iPhone do lock to a network and it was a rebranded EE sim! He says he has put the process through and after 48 hours the new sim finally works with my iPhone. What should have been a simple up to 48 hours fix took over 3 weeks and it still didn’t resolve. I had to check forums online for the answer and even then Apple and virgin media were saying I was wrong. Virgin media’s call centre is just a bunch of clueless Indians and apples is a bunch self-centred narcissists. They can’t clearly be wrong so they don’t acknowledge anything you say. I’m sure they both will get better tho, or is that the battered wife syndrome at work...
Called for disconnection of broadband on 18th May having switched to a different provider. Virgin Media sent me a bill for what I thought was the final bill, until another bill for the same amount came through in October. This was when I knew something was wrong, so I called Virgin Media only to find out 1) they have not disconnected my broadband, 2) they have no recollection of the 18th May, and 3) asking me for payment still! I raised a complaint asking why this was the case but all I get is their staff chasing me for payment! I’ve called numerous times to follow up with my complaint I raised online but they weren’t interested in listening to me, nor have the knowledge, nor put me through to the correct people as they allegedly they were the right people and there’s nobody else that could help. They asked for money during every phone call and offered what they called a £10 “discount” if I paid on the spot and even better, I still am blamed throughout the call for not calling to disconnect! They’ve stolen well over £200 from me for overpayments for 4 months! Now I’ve also become a victim, I would advise everyone to avoid Virgin Media like the plague; worst customer service ever, zero courtesy, reflects in their reviews all over the internet!
Don’t waste your time and money for Virgin Media. Their customer service is rubbish. They don’t care about their customers at all. I spent 6hours on the phone with them during the last few days and they can’t resolve my issue. I spoke with every single department and everyone said something different. Not helpful at all. The manager is not available. Never. I guess there is no manager at all thats why they have that mess. Virgin Media customer service is a joke. Worst experience ever. Stay away from them.
Awful company been on the phone to them today and wont allow me to make my payment and wont allow me to pay it bad customer service. Rude disrespectful put me through to 3 adivsers and still wouldnt take payment disgusting company
DO NOT USE VIRGIN MEDIA! Awful company, no customer service, have given me so many headaches and problems for the last 5 months, I cant list all of their failings as my phone battery will die... They are absolutely shocking
Pathetic company that promised me a free TV and won't deliver it despite me having paid the bill, and having no TV. Don't trust their marketing offers.
Virgin Media is rated 1.24 based on 589 reviews