Virgin Media Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy
#virginmedia waited 3 years for virgin to come to my area. Then when I do sign up to them all I get are problems. Cable left showing on driveway. Tripped over it several times. I’ve sent recorded del letter, no answer. Emailed, no answer. Hopeless. Please just contact me!!!!
OMG - I am tied into a contract until February 2022 - I have had Virgin Media for 5 months now and at 56 feel it is the worst decision I have made in my lifetime. It is the most unreliable service I have ever used, in the middle of shows, before they start or just before the end the errors come up and the images disappear. It is SO FRUSTRATING!! We cannot get the show back and it takes up so much time trouble shooting the errors to no avail. It causes arguments in the house and getting through to someone to help is almost impossible. An engineer came out last week - checked things and decided to change the box. A week later we are getting Error Code C501 not allowing us to continue watching the boxed set we were enjoying. Why does the service fail so often? Why after a new box is it still happening? Why do Virgin not actually fix the problem? Do Virgin actually care? I had an email from Resolver that said 8 weeks after I logged a complaint is is still not resolved but they are still trying - so Resolver cannot even get an answer as to why the service is consistently bad and no one at Virgin helps to fix it for good. So why am I tied in to a contract for the next 13 months? Please Virgin do the right thing and either improve your services or release me from the contract.
Awful Awful Awful.

Customer service is none existent because when you phone about a problem, you are on the phone waiting to speak to someone for so long that you eventually give up.

My wifi cuts out regularly and it's slow. I have tried to find an email address to contact them but no such address exists. I have tried using resolver only to get a message from Virgin saying they cant respond to me through a third party and refer me to there help page which I have already been to multiple times with no success.

I have left negative comments on other reveiw sites which Virgin respond to with the same "advice" telling me to go to there help page.

Most likely will do the same on this one.

Avoid Virgin media at all costs. It's really not as good as they portray in advertisements.

Branson, stick to aviation. Leave the broadband to people who no what there doing.
Terrible broadband service with frequent outages and absolutely appalling customer service (someone called Myra Gracie apparently) - rude, couldn't-care-less attitude. Her colleague earlier was unknowledgeable - couldn't even find my contract initially and then refused to honour it! I locked in for 12 months for a fixed price last July but this has been totally ripped up unless I sign up for another 18 months! Not likely! Would not recommend this company with a barge pole.
Since Oct 2020 very bad signal. Often cant get on streaming streaming services and tonight mr 'Super Hub' was downloading 3.4 mbps. Steer clear
Worst customer service possible.
Tailored to make your life a misery
And impossible to cancel
I was on the line for about an hour by the time somebody answered the phone (12/01/21) (19:36PM) asked my name about 3-4 times, I've spelled my name to them. And after he asked my name again, so I asked what about the previous times I told him and how many more times I need to tell him, which to then he hanged up on me. We've been having an Internet problem for over a month now, we've tried your online resolution of restarting it constantly, and having to be on the phone for hours just to have somebody answer the phone and then have to speak with someone to just tell me the same thing that I'd be told online too, to restart my router. Last time I spoke to someone they said I have to wait for you guys to wait and see what the problem is, even though I've had this issue for over an hour. We pay £65 per month, whereas new costumers get the same package for £62. Where is the thanks for being a costumer for years?
This is the WORST broadband service I have ever experienced in my life. I have tried to contact customer services but no one picked up. My broadband keeps disconnecting, my telephone line is down, the online troubleshooting was just a waste of time, and the customer was appalling. I wish I had never picked virgin media and I deeply regret renewing my contract. I have tried other service providers before, and I thought they were bad, but compared to this, they are far better. It’s not just me. The same thing was happening to my neighbour who also uses Virgin Media. My children cannot attend their online classes, me and my wife can’t work from home, and we are bored at home but we can rarely even watch YouTube or Netflix. This is the time broadband is needed most to adapt to the current situation but this service and broadband is disgusting. If you thought COVID was bad, compared to Virgin Media broadband service, it’s a cupcake. Once my contract ends, I will never renew my Virgin Media contract. Everyone I know in my area who has Virgin is suffering with similar problems. I will never recommend Virgin media in the future.
Disaster ever since I signed up. Got 108mb service - only sub 30mb came through. Stupidly upgraded to 350mb. Now get about 80mb. But have been massively overcharged 3 months in a row. Everytime (after at least an hour of waiting) I'm promised it's going to be fixed. Never happens. About to make a complaint as genuinely theft. Do not sign up to Virgin Media!!! Awful, awful company.
Been with them for over 22 years since the good old days of NTL. Now they are beyond a joke. Customer service? Don't make me laugh, Genghis Khan would be more approachable. They lie, they fob you off. I spent 2 hours 20 minutes on my mobile to them to get a better deal as my service was being increased by £10-just like that. after speaking to 3 different IDIOTS that each asked me my account/password/sort/shoe size I told them enough was enough. I'm leaving, and I have. Seems like every month they increase their prices-maybe its to account for the amount of customers that they lose. I detest them and if they offered me a trillion mbps at a pound a year I wouldn't go back...
Avoid them, give the little guys a go and save yourself a LOT of hassle. On-line chat is rubbish and a tech company you can't send e-mails to? Come-on....
Have just moved from Sky to Virgin after 20 years. TV interface is terrible, phone help line takes 40 minutes plus then get fobbed off.
Absolutely disgusting customer service. They sent engineers out four times to fix the problem with our TV and modem. Then someone told me over the phone that everything would be working that evening at 6pm. It's still not working. To lie and fob someone off like that is unacceptable. This has been going on for a total of 2 months minimum. When I asked to cancel they said they would charge £240 cancellation fee but I've been paying for a service that doesn't work. My Dad is in his seventies with health issues in a lockdown. He doesn't know what to do with himself. I have no choice but to take legal action.. I don't know what else to do.
Impossible to get to speak with someone. Been left with intermittent service since December and the engineers keeps delaying the fixing. The support phone number is of no help as it cut off and give no option but to wait for the problem to be fixed which now is been delayed for 5 more days.
I'm paying £49.50 for nothing and have to upgrade my phone plan to be able to tether.
I wish I could give 0 stars but its not possible. Customer services are inexistent, internet is only fast when it works, that's about 30% of the time, the other 70% its either down or it just keeps disconnecting over and over again. I'm paying 52£/ month for 350MB download and the average download speed is 60MB, again, when it is actually working. Trying to cancel my contract after 3 years of dealing with it and I'm currently on hold for 1 hour with no chance of someone actually picking up the phone. If you're thinking of switching to virgin media, just stop, don't do this to yourself. Judging by all the reviews I'm not the only one with this problem.
I waited long and hard for Virgin Media to arrive in my area and I’m seriously shocked at their level of ‘service’. Incredibly poor/non-existent broadband speeds and rude customer service from staff at all levels - who fail to resolve anything. Virgin’s equipment deserves a mention - the WiFi box is a HUGH, ugly, monstrosity together with their WiFi boosters which also happen to be huge, cumbersome and add nothing to the service but make a good night light. My contract ends shortly and I cannot wait to terminate. In Virgin’s defence, they talk a good talk. What comes to light is all that glitters is not gold and I thank them for that. I won’t be back.
My family have been a virgin customer for many years now. When I moved back to stay with them, I noticed the poor quality/connections they were getting and asked them to switch providers. Upon calling them to cancel, the customer advisor I spoke to said ‘this was due to an older hub and that they would upgrade us to a newer hub which would guarantee better speeds and a stronger connection’. We decided to take their word for it and upgraded - price of course was increased. Like most people in UK currently working from home, we’re having to rely on the internet for most of our tasks, meetings, etc and it’s a massive inconveiniece having such bad internet. So sure enough, the service is bad, if not worse. It cuts on and off intermittently during the day and I keep having to go into my settings on my devices to switch my WIFI on and off again. I thought perhaps it’s due to the area we live that has a poor signal but accordoning to them, we live in a good location for their service. We got one of their engineers in to come in and “take a look” and still, nothing’s changed. Even things like streaming YouTube or just basic browsing keeps cutting off and I’m having to rely my mobile 4G service and feels like there’s no point in having WIFI at home.

I called their customer service team and the lady I spoke to tried to sound empathetic which just came across inscincere and fake - to a point where I was at the brink of swearing down the phone to her and thats not something I ever do as I’m naturally a very calm person

I’ve just read these reviews below/above and would also like to add that I agree with every word. They’re way overpriced. My 4G connection is stronger and faster for general browsing or even connecting to meetings and I’m paying only £20 per month for unlimited data. With Virgin, I’m paying to use internet that I already have on my phone - whats the point??
BT and Sky have been more reliable in the past interms of signal strength. Haven’t used the likes of plusnet so perhaps that’s one I’d try.

My advice is, DON’T fall for their ‘Ultra Fast Fibre’ nonsense they try to feed you. it’s just a selling point. In theory, yes it’s the fastest out there in UK - IF you can even connect, but what’s the point in having fast if you can’t even use it - As I mentioned, the 4G on my phone is faster
Broadband quality wasn’t great, signal dropped quite often, with no real reason, and when you phone for help all you get is “turn it off and back on again”

Tell them you are leaving and they are in complete disbelief you have found a better deal, and that they aren’t actually that great.
Also I don’t think they like taking no for an answer, as I’ve had three people phone in the same day questioning why I’m leaving, tell them it’s for a cheaper price in this current climate, it’s all about saving where you can, there answer, “well we can give you the same package for £2 more than what you was paying previously.

Wouldn’t recommend them to be honest. Rude customer services and constant hassle of after you tell them you want to leave
Ordered a new service (Internet, M350) and they did not set it up for over two months. I got billed, of course I did not pay the bill as I was advised that my account would get credited, however, that did not happen. It ended up with me having a GBP 108 to pay, them suspending my service on the day of connection and me being super frustrating, as I was missing out on lots of work since I work from home. I will definitely immediately make a switch after my contract concludes.
I have been trying to get this company to fix my internet fir nearly a month. They keep fobbing me off with excuses as to why the service is not working and none seem reasonable for a company as large as this one.
I use an app called nextdoor neighborhood or something like that. And it allows the community to stay in touch and commincate issues between us. It appears several people in my area suffer the same issues..
I phone them to report things and just get through to people working from home with no ability to do anything. When you do get to speak to someone. You either get fibbed off or the phone line will go dead when put in hold to contact supervisors or engineers.
I can not recommend anyone use this company at the moment, even though it is difficult in this country to find alternatives due to lack of general investment into our internet backbone from companies and governments alike
Update 5/1/21
Been back InTouch with this company today. Issues still not resolved and made to feel as if i am being blamed for issues i am suffering. And that during this pandemic i should make allowances for this and just out up with it.
They also decided to increase my bill during this period and almost doubling the cost whilst supplying an inferior service.
I would suggest to everyone to find a different supplier. We all need to start using yhe smaller services and let these big boys go bust or get close to it. They may start improving their systems. I am going from 200mg (intermittently) which is far more than needed to a 56mg connection with plusnet that is a permanent stream. Please all be aware you do not need huge download speeds. Most media apps only use 4mg maximum. 200 mg is meant for multiple use household where there are more than 10 people.
Each person only need a maximum of 10mg unless gaming or downloading huge files.
Update 5/1/21