Blackwell Books Reviews

Entertainment
Books & Magazines

Click Here

Tell us how Blackwell Books made you happy

"I ordered a paperback book of my favourite author, Shari Lapena 'Someone We Know' I received it a few days ago and it was the best book I ever received. It is exactly what I ordered and is in excellent condition and I honestly cannot wait to read it! Thankyou so much Blackwell's for making me a very very very happy lady. Will definitely recommend and order from here again."
Are you Blackwell Books? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I’ve ordered a book more than a month ago. Not delivered, requested to be re-delivered, this time by courier. Posted again by normal post , which is not trackable again and have to wait 15 business days whether I get it this time or not. Poor service. Not recommended!"
"Seller never shipped the book but provided a fake tracking number! Then dodged my emails. I had to open a dispute with Amazon to get my money back. Truly terrible."
"Bought a piece of music from Blackwell's which had a long delivery time-- over two weeks. They sent me the wrong item. I requested that they send the right item to me. It took them 4 days to get back to me. They said the item was out of stock. It clearly wasn't -- I directed them to their own website to show them where the item was where it was incorrectly listed. They corrected their mistaken listing but never sent me the item. Instead they issued me a refund. This whole "customer service" interaction took over a week. Totally unhelpful and slow. Will not buying from them again."
"I ordered a book in September. When this had not arrived after 3 weeks I contacted customer services. They emailed me that the book was no longer in stock - Why was I not informed of this? I paid partially by a book token. When I asked how this would be refunded I was given a number to use. I CANNOT use this without a PIN number. As this order had taken so long I asked Customer services to reimburse via PayPal - still no response to this! To add to the frustration the book I ordered is still on the website at a lower price, despite being informed this was not in stock. This is an appalling service. I am still awaiting my refund on a book which is still in stock!!!! I will NEVER use Blackwells again!"
"Book arrived at work in Australia nicely packed in perfect condition only 10 days from order - free delivery"
"Blackwells were fantastic. Really liked the variety of items on offer, the speed of the shipping, and the quality of my purchase. Felt like I was dealing with professionals throughout."
"Another smooth and simple shopping experience at Blackwells. Ordered Monday arrived Wednesday. Couldn’t be easier!"
"Quick delivery and easy to use website with no postage cost"
"The staff are really friendly and helpful and I bartered for a great deal, something I didn't expect. Always call in when I go to Oxford."
"good choice of books, good prices, but not reliable delivery services"
"They had the product I needed and it was easy ordering on line through Amazon. Easy tracking my order which then arrived perfectly on time. I would recommend Blackwell's Uk as a very good bookseller."
"Don't use them! They're and absolute waste of time. I ordered a book as a 30th birthday present with enough time to receive it by the day of the suprise party (for my fiance) I emailed them and didn't hear anything back for 2 days. I then sent a message on twitter and got a response fairly quickly. They promised to have the book delivered by the day of the party but I still hadn't had an email to say it had been dispatched. I emailed and again there was no response. I tweeted and that was the same. It took for me to call them for them to tell me that their supplier hasn't delivered the book so now I won't get it until after the weekend. I have asked for a full refund as this is unacceptable. Now we'll just have to wait and see if they will actually stick to that. My advice to anyone considering ordering from them, don't do it!!! Spend a few pounds more and get your book from a reputable company. I thought Blackwells was a good company to order a book from but I can tell you now I will never use them again and I will be telling everyone I know how rubbish they are."
Blackwell Books is rated 3.31 based on 13 reviews