Better Bathrooms Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Better Bathrooms

How would you rate Better Bathrooms?

Peter Anderson
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered the bath plinth on 11.12.17 and paid. It's about 6ft long and 4 inches wide and fits along the bottom of the front bath panel. ............. and yet, today 17th April 2018 I still don't have it.... 4 months later. I need this specific one to match the main bath panel. Plenty of complete packs in stock (panel and plinth) but even after 4 months they won't even 'break ' a pack and send me the plinth just out of good customer service. In fact there is no service from Better Bathrooms - they are terrible and have to rate amongst the worst people I have ever had to deal with. Full of excuses and empty promises. Never ring you back. You just hang on and on to their recorded music. I have a lovely bathroom just waiting to be finished but after 4 months I'm taking legal advice. Better Bathrooms - YOU ARE A JOKE. I will make sure that I tell everyone I can , to avoid using you. You are disgraceful and couldn't care less."
"This company is a joke. I ordered a complete bathroom from the Wigan store, £2,300’s worth on Boxing Day 2017. Everything was in stock !!!! I paid for it in full. I asked about delivery, and on checking was told that the toilet was out of stock until 3rd week in January and was told to ring up then to check (Note:- me to ring them). I did ring and was then told the basin unit was now out of stock until middle of February and to ring then. I was told that the unit was “probably damaged” and had had to be re-ordered. I finally got the order delivered late February, 2 months after ordering, and guess what!!, there was no bath panel, it was out of stock. What followed was a joke. I rang up twice/three times a week for the next 5 weeks, and was in a queue every time for 20 minutes or more listening to stupid music, which winds you up. When someone eventually answered, I was told all sorts of lies/excuses and passed about from pillar to post. Still no bath panel. Eventually on 23rd March, I went into the Leigh warehouse and was told it was scheduled for delivery that Friday, ha ha !!! Believe that if you want. I told the salesman I would take it with me. After some words and excuses about having to change paperwork etc, I told the salesman that paperwork was not my problem and I was not leaving without it. I left with the bath panel. This salesman in this firm are great until they have got your money then it all changes. DO NOT USE THIS FIRM if you want a straightforward and pleasant transaction, you’ll regret it. You will have to do all the running, you will be told a load of lies, and nobody will “ring you back in a short while”. I even wrote to the founder and CEO of the company, Colin Stevens, personally. His picture is in the front of the brochure. True to form, that was 4 weeks ago and I have never had a reply. If this is the attitude of the top man, what does it say about the company. Repeat, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, you’ll regret it. Shop locally, you’ll get a better deal."
"We have been missold a toilet by your Cardiff showroom. We explained at the time that a comfort height toilet was required as my wife is disabled Lewis the salesman said that we would be able to buy a plynth to higher the toilet. Plinths are available to buy but we have not been able to find a ply this for this shape toilet. We feel that we were given bad advice on this and therefore the toilet has been missold to us. There isn’t a problem in returning the toilet but I will be charged £35.99 more than the original delivery price. I am not happy to pay this given that some faulty items are being picked up this week. WHY can’t the toilet go back at the same time. We have spoken to your customer service team and to Lewis who has denied saying any of the above making us out to be liars. I would value a reply on my complaint with hopefully a satisfactory result or could you give me the telephone number of your"
"Customer service are completely unprofessional and been left with broken bath. A split in the bath after installation I phoned to explain only to be accused of doing this myself or my plumber doing it with a tool very rude.... I felt upset by the response ...... but after paying £249 for a bath I didn’t realise that it had to be used as an ornament as the quality is so bad it can’t be fitted without being broken... I now have a bath that is broken and a refusal to exchange... very disappointed"
"This company has 4 and a half star rating. Is this 4 and a half star complaints!!! Disgusting service, they need reporting to Trading Standards. If I don't get my missing parts by next week after a month of waiting then that's who I'm going to be calling. Oh and rip off Britain, radio York. I'm going expose this dreadful company!"
"Ordered a bath, after a week of not coming, I was told to ring customers service. The bath turned up but it was the wrong one. Had to order another one, again had to call customers service, your in a que for the best part of 40 minutes so hang up. I've called york shop 4 times and spoken to the manager, they said they'd contact customers service. 3 weeks have passed no bath so called CS again only to be told their out of stock. WHY didn't anyone tell me!!! They said it shouldn't have been ordered. I have a bathroom half finished that started 5 weeks ago. Bath is supposed to come next week. I'm not holding my breath. If it doesn't, I'm going to politely tell there were to stick it."
"Good prices ,was expecting delivery on Monday but it arrived 3 days early. Luckily I live close by and was able to goto the property when delivery crew rang to say they would be 30 min. Haven't opened up the boxes yet"
"Cuba unit arrived with a big chip on one side which took 3 weeks to get a replacement delivered. Delivery could be quicker"
Neil Collins
Verified Reviewer
"PLEASE ! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY ! YOU WILL REGRET IT ! Where do I start ? The 8 broken delivery date promises ? The 12 different customer service personnel's lies ? The store manager's concrete guarantees ? The two and a half month wait for a bathroom that never arrived ? The three weeks of calling daily to get a refund ? The refund that was insultingly short of what I paid ? The list goes on... I paid up front for a full suite (just under £1000), which was promised in a week as I said up front I needed it urgently. Then eight different delivery dates and a few months later I finally had enough - when customer service told me I had to wait yet another week (even after the store manager shook my had two days earlier - apologising and offering a personal guarantee of delivery on the following Saturday - which of course never arrived). No confimation dates as promised.... No text messages as promised. I finally cancelled it all and asked for a refund. The refund was promised in a few days. I waited and waited and waited. I called again to chase the refund. They said the order wasn't cancelled. So I calmly cancelled it again. Again I waited. No refund. Called again. I was told there was no cancellation logged and no refund due. This happened for three weeks. 12 different customer services members. Every single one of them promising to sort it out and email confirmation and call me back. Not a single one did. I went back to the store daily. Spoke to the manager. Again more promises. Day after day until eventually he started hiding from me and eventually said that he was sorry and could do no more and refused to help any further. So I returned to the phone. Hours of calls. Hours of chasing. Hours of calls to my bank. Then eventually - Today 12-04-17 I had my refund. Insultingly £15 short of what I paid. The final kick in the teeth. This company is an absolute disgrace. The management. The customer service staff. The whole set up. I didn't even get to see any of the bathroom items and to be honest I'm glad I didn't as I bet trying to return an item would be hell. Do yourself a favour. Read the negative reviews. I wish I had. This is the first negative review I have ever written online. I feel I need to warm people of my experience before they waste weeks of their lives dealing these inept charlatans. I'm an honest bloke, and expect a certain level of honesty and respect in return. This company has no respect for their customers. It wasn't just a few mistakes with this company, or human error, or a one-off. It's been three months of absolute hell and it has taken up so much of my time, trying to get back the money they owed me for a product that was never delivered. The whole company is a joke. From the guys at the bottom, to the guys at the top. It's no accident that all of this happened to just one customer. I wish I could take this further but I don't want to waste any more time on them. Get in touch if you want any more information and I will gladly elaborate on my experience further. PLEASE. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR. IF YOU HAVE READ THIS, DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. YOU WILL REGRET IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."
"Ordered a bath and other items on 3feb. Still waiting for it to be delivered over a month later, called customer services of which it took over half an hour for them to answer the phone only to be told sorry it’s out of stock there is nothing we can do! We was not informed of the items Being out of stock when we ordered it. We have had no correspondence from better bathrooms to update us on the progress. I find better bathrooms to be misleading, happy to take your money and rubbish with there after care. I would never use them again"
"Execellent service"
"Late delivery but pleasant staff"
"Totally useless service. I spoke to your staff yesterday reference my order which I paid to have l delivered yesterday to be told that they didn’t even have the items to dispatch and no one in dispatch was able to tell me when I would receive my delivery. Waited 30 mins to speak to customer service who arranged for call back from dispatch manager 24hrs later still waiting for any response of explaination of delivery date. Customer services again 30 min waiting time for call. No obvious email address to complain to and takes too long to get thru the obvious back log to people complaining about this company."
"Took 3 months to sort out a replacement item that was damaged , ridiculous time to a a bath panel"
"Good service, amended my order the day before delivery and everything was included. Delivery call 30 mind beforehand was good"
"Exellent service, good delivery crew who waited for me to rive at property with 30 mini phone call beforehand."
"Easy online ordering and a quick delivery. Have used them before with no problems. Good service"
"First whirlpool bath arrived with a big hole in the side and it took 3 months to get another. Luckily this was fine and the delivery crew were carefully unloading . Worth the wait but it took a long time"
"Delivery nice and early with crew phone in beforehand for extra instructions as we are not easy to find, had to rearrange dates but came within a few days. Was told to open and check items but delivery crew told me within days for any damages which is much better. Pleased so far with service"
Hatley Tebbits
Verified Buyer
"Easy to order online with good choice and prices. Delivery crew phoned before delivery to give estimated time , good service"
Better Bathrooms is rated 4.25 based on 1,208 reviews