Best of Suffolk Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Best of Suffolk
00AM
12AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Best of Suffolk?

Tell us how Best of Suffolk made you happy

"I recently had a booking with them from 26/01/19 to 30/01/19 in Peasenhall with my wife as a short break to celebrate her birthday. We have now returned but felt compelled to advise others regarding the experience we had. We arrived the evening of 26/01/19 to find the cottage stone cold, to the point where we could see our breath in the air! Despite using the thermostat control we could not get the heating to come on. It was clear there was an issue with the boiler, compared to the neighbouring cottage whose boiler was firing away at the rear of the cottages.We contacted the help line and was told someone would call us back. I called again as it was freezing. A local contact was sent along and after checking the boiler and thermostat he declared there was a problem. It was clear we could not stay there overnight without heating. We contacted the help line and suggested that as another adjacent property was empty, could we not go there, but we were advised that it was not available for the duration of our stay as it had a booking 2 nights later. It had been nearly 2 hours by now and we were sitting in the car with the heater on. We were then sent to another property located down the road as we were told we could remain there for the rest of our stay. By this time it was nearly 22.00 and we just wanted to get out of the car and relax. We duly drove to the alternative property, only to find a bed that had been slept in, a pile of dirty towels in the bathroom and rubbish in the kitchen. In short , we had been sent to a dirty unserviced property. It was now after 10 o'clock at night and we were getting really fed up with the customer help line lack of help and now apparent incompetence. We rang again and were then told to go back to back to the empty property adjacent to where we had started this nightmare. Pushed from pillar to post is the phrase that springs to mind and not what is expected of Best of Suffolk holidays (as we have stayed several times before.) Sunday was my wife's birthday and we had plans for the day but all the while waiting on what was happening and where we were going to be moved to next. I contacted the help line again and was advised by the operative that answered the phone that she was not aware of the problems we had experienced. Despair! The reason we travelled down on Saturday was so we could get unpacked and settled in before for Sunday, my wife’s birthday. At this stage we had still not unpacked. Late Sunday afternoon we were told that the original property was still waiting for a plumber and our options were: we could wait and see if we could get back in to the original property if the problem got rectified, we could spend one more night in the adjacent cottage (knowing we'd have to move again first thing in the morning) or move back to the unserviced property, which had now been cleaned. We opted for the later. We eventually unpacked Sunday evening. Whilst the property was lovely and we appreciated the champagne in the fridge, I don't feel in any way it makes up for the awful experience and customer support.The reason for the short stay was for my wife's birthday and by time we got settled in it was nearly over. I am very disappointed and expected better from an established company. On our return home I emailed Best of Suffolk but received no reply until I emailed a second time, asking for a contact name to complain to. The response to our emails was to explain that they needed to contact the owners of the original cottage and they were currently out of the country but we booked with Best of Suffolk not the owner. Not only this but the other issues have not been addressed, seeing as the boiler problem was clearly not the only issue. They took no responsibility for the complete fiasco that took place and the complete lack of empathy for the situation we were in. We have stayed several times with Best of Suffolk and it saddens me that yet another company seemingly has put quantity over quality."
We remain sorry that our efforts to resolve the issue with the heating at The Cross Wing were unsatisfactory to you.

We did everything within our control and acted quickly once the initial report was sent to us by our 24/7 call answering team at 8.33pm on the Saturday evening. My colleague responded to you within 20 minutes to advise that someone would be with you shortly to look at the boiler. As we have previously stated, regrettably the boiler was not able to be fixed that evening and at 9.33pm, an hour after your initial phone call, we had given details of the alternative accommodation available at The Workshop, just over the road.

For the next part, we have sent you our sincere apologies on a number of occasions that The Workshop was not ready for your arrival. We agree that this was not acceptable and must have caused further frustration. However it was a genuine oversight and we did not intentionally send your party to an unserviced property. We can only continue to offer our apologies regarding this incident.

I understand that you had originally expressed a desire to relocate to The Seed Store when it was found that the boiler at The Cross Wing could not be fixed. Thankfully, we were able to direct your party to this property for the night when you advised us that The Workshop was not ready. Once again, we understand how exasperating it must have been to be directed back to where you had come from but we were trying our best to find a solution to the situation we were all in.

The following morning, we contacted you at 9.44am and then 10.56am with further updates, the latter advising that The Workshop would be ready for you at 3pm as we had arranged for the housekeepers to attend to service the property.

We work with a number of recommended contractors and behind the scenes, a number of members of the BoS team, myself included, were working hard to find an emergency plumber who was available to go to The Cross Wing on the Sunday. At 3.22pm, once I had received confirmation that an engineer could attend that evening, I called to update your party and present the options available. Voice messages were left at 3.26pm and 4.24pm respectively. On receiving your return call at 4.50pm, I outlined the situation and the decision was made by your party to return to The Workshop for the remaining duration of your stay. The bottle of champagne placed in the fridge by our team was a small gesture of goodwill.

We are truly sorry that the heating was not working on your arrival at The Cross Wing. Clearly had we have known about, or foreseen an issue in advance of your stay, we would have been in touch with you prior to your arrival. We acknowledge that the first 24 hours of your stay were disrupted as a result and we have offered a sum of compensation to you.

Sadly, we could only deal with the issue once it was reported to us and I firmly believe that we did everything we could to resolve this matter to the best of our ability.

Kind regards,
Rebecca Keeble
Best of Suffolk Customer Care team
"We put a 1 star review of The Seed Store At Peasenhall on their Feefo system.. They just deleted it. So I will put it here as they cannot delete thie ;)"
"I have a back condition that means I cannot sleep on a memory foam matress so before booking through best of sulfolk to stay in this cottage i asked if mattress had memory foam in it the reply was No memory foam on arriving at the cottage it clearly was memory foam after to awfull night we curtailed our holiday returning home the owner of the cottage apologise d for getting it wrong but would not give us a full refund Ruined Holiday and two trips to the ostiopath very upset and angry"
Best of Suffolk is rated 1.33 based on 3 reviews