Best at hire Reviews

of reviewers recommend Best at hire
Read Best at hire Reviews

info@bestathire.co.uk

A very efficient service, operating carefully to protect customers during the pandemic. The staff were helpful and happy to assist. the equipment was in good condition and working well.
These guys were really helpful, they gave me some leeway on the scheduled return as I'd only been able to rent for 1 day and the rental house I was doing has no onsite parking and a kitchen sink the size of a postage stamp! I got it all done, no problems with device and returned as requested and the boys were so kind to this ol' lady. Thank you. Will definitely recommend and use again.
Good equipment in good condition. Thankyou
No fuss collection and drop off, a variety of machines to hire.
Good value and equipment worked fine
totally useless ,waste of money
Reasonable prices and turf lifter in good working order
Really efficient service - ended up getting the access ladder delivered (and collected). Good bit of kit, fair price.
Best at hire 5 star review on 6th May 2021
Booked online and picked up from Bristol branch.Staff friendly and equipment good.
The 1 star is just for the purpose of writing this review. No Stars for this company! Before hiring I called the company to clarify how it works, as this was my first time. The guy then went on to say ORDER FROM THE WEBSITE IT IS EASY, it took me about 30min to order 1 item. Chose delivery and collection. The the special instructions I stated to call me 1 hour before arrival and opted for the PM slot, to them be called at 11 saying they are 20-30min away! Purchased shampoo then to be told that they do not do this item anymore and got 4 SMALL tablets instead (£7.82)! Collection day opted for AM, was at my site for 3hours waiting. When 12 hit I called to find out what was happening with the collection to then be told they have not got the space to come and collect and will collect the next day. Just do yourself a favour and don’t use this company.
What a Joke ! Placed hire 10 days before pick up , then told on the day there is no aerator ! Just told sorry what do you want us to do !!! well that does not pay my bills, that does not explain to my customers what's happened. Reported to trading standards as its advertised as Guaranteed stock ! I've lost a lot of money due to this company's misleading information and will be going to a small claims court for breach of contract.
Stated price is not actually possible. The advertised price of a scarifier is just under £18/day. When you proceed, they mandate an RCD plug at £2.50 ( I have one / do not need to rent one) and an insurance waiver of £2.97. These are not options. So the actual price is 30% higher than stated.
Good service , tools and reasonable price. Staff friendly
Excellent service, clean machine and in good working order
Good kit and prices. Easy to extend hire period.
Friendly company. Good clean equipment and delivered and collected when arranged. Will use again
Booked and prepaid for the hire of a stump grinder for one day. Delivery and pick-up efficient. Worth noting that the headline price on the website is click bait as the price after all the 'extras' was 92% more. You need to add Delivery (I guess optional if you have van/trailer), Damage waiver (I was not told that this was optional) VAT and consumables/service (tank of petrol wear and tear of the teeth). The grinder was caked with dried on mud and chippings underneath. The grinder teeth were blunt and out of alignment (note I paid for wear!). The nuts securing the teeth were rounded off so I couldn't adjust them (reported this and was told it's a design fault!). So, grinding took longer due to the blunt teeth. Even though the machine was delivered filthy I felt obliged to pressure wash the machine as the T&Cs state I may be charged for cleaning. After pick-up I received a further charge for 35.50. So called the depot who after checking for a few minutes told me I had to contact the HQ/call centre. HQ 'think' I was invoiced for a longer hire in error. They would try credit but may have to charge my credit card and then refund (I have not given them express permission to charge in the first instance). So, in summary, I feel they deserve one star but the people were helpful so gave them the benefit. 'bestathire.co.uk' need to sharpen their act (and teeth)!
Well i won't be using again, 5 pound charge for a tank of petrol that holds less than a litre, equipment not collected on day arranged, with no contact from you, when we contacted you were told sorry there was a knock on effect and we have to wait for collection this afternoon, so tough that you have wasted a day waiting on our inefficiency, then to be told they have 48 hours to collect!! Can't see that written anywhere in your policy. There is a thing called duty.of candour, if you mess up you do your best to sort it out, you failed miserably so the rest of my building requirements, which are substantial, will be furnished else where
Great service and price. Had delivery and collection which made it hassle free
Very helpful staff and prices good compared to others.
Best at hire is rated 4.60 based on 238 reviews