Bedstar Reviews

77% of reviewers recommend Bedstar

Tell us how Bedstar made you happy

Over a week
"Ordered a base and mattress for next day delivery. The only reason I used them was that they apparently have next day delivery. Mattress arrived, no base. We arranged for a re-delivery (which they should have done and picked up on their own side), two days later. When the delivery slot was announced I could not make it. I tried to to do a re-delivery, and they wanted to charge an extra £47 because I missed the delivery window. I then cancelled the order, and they still charged the £47. I truly believe that they have a scam going on, where everything seems fine until they don't deliver, and then the customer gets charged extra. For that price, I could have received superior value at somewhere like John Lewis. Don't be fooled, you will be fleeced by their business model."
"Hopelessly disorganised from beginning to end. Messed up the order, messed up the delivery repeatedly, and the delivery staff are exceptionally rude and confrontational with the customer and their own employer. If you want to be insulted in your own home for a company's mistakes, this is the supplier for you!"
"I bought this bed on the basis of the reviews from other satisfied customers and have not been disappointed. It is firm, but not too firm, and I have slept really well on it since day one. Time will tell how long it lasts, but for the money it seems a good buy."
"Mattress is soooo comfy! its made me realise how rubbish my old one was now! Delivery was 30 mins outside of agreed time although the guys did apologise ."
"I want to give 0 stars but I cant for some reason. My bed was supposed to be delivered on Friday and I paid extra for that. I waited in all day but it did not come, no message, nothing. Today, Monday, without any agreement, it arrived. Again, no apology. The box was open and damaged in several places but the driver was not interested in the slightest, he just said “it will be ok” It wasn’t! When I opened it, the bed was broken so now, not only have I had to have 2 days off work to wait in for it to be delivered, I have to have another one off to wait for it to be collected. Avoid this company at all costs!"
"my bed arrived as arranged yesterday, we have set it up and its looks lovely, thank you for all your help!!"
"Many thanks for the excellent service, The customer services team handled my mattress exchange very efficiently and it was swapped over in the space of 2 days."
"Do not use this company. They sent me the wrong items and overcharged me. I tried to phone but was told that problems could not be dealt with on the phone and to email or fill in the forms online. My order included a headboard and I was sent a complete different item and size. For the bed base, while wrapped in plastic, when we removed the plastic we found the material was very dirty and scuffed. Also there were holes and water droplet damage in the velvet material. Overall strong chemical smell that will not dissipate and skin irritation from handling the materials when building the bed. Delivery was terrible. Received a 2 hour time slot and yet driver came many hours late. The driver insisted on me helping carry the items from his truck to the building, despite their being a two man team. I think these guys are selling returns or items that failed QA. Once they have your money there is no getting hold of them."
"Excellent product and company , easy instructions and left for the 48 hours as advised to maximum time to expand to the right size. It does wonders for my hips as I suffer with Hip Dysplasia and Mild Scoliosis so really helps to relieve pains and uncomfortable aches to give me a good nights sleep."
"Best mattress i have used. Very comfortable. Did not notice a smell that other people have complained about. The mattress is very thick due to the dual layers of spring and the geltec layer. Well worth paying a bit more for comfort. I prefer the geltec to memory foam as it is much cooler during the few nights of summer"
"Simple, but great mattress and affordable. Accurate delivery and professional service, thanks."
"Avoid like the plague!! I wish I could give NO stars as I’m just so disgusted with this company. Bed was delivered on 21st June, or so we thought! 2 pieces broken on receipt and some parts missing......Bedstar asked us what was missing!! No idea, we don’t have the assembly instructions or contents list! Replacement parts organised and we were told they were due for delivery within 24hrs. 24hrs came and went, then we were told we can’t guarantee next day delivery to your postcode (my postcode wasn’t on the list of those not available.....it is now, they changed their T&Cs!). Finally, 11 days after the 1st delivery, we got the missing parts and we were able to build our bed. Their Office Manager, not even Customer Services Manager, offered a mattress protector for our inconvenience!! This evening I have checked my mobile phone bill to find over £28 in charges for phoning Bedstar!! They never once phoned me back, I did all the phoning.....absolutely disgusting behaviour for a company who say they are focussed on customer service. If you want to buy online, please go somewhere else! Do not give this company any of your hard earned cash!"
"Messed up 6 times so far, I'm just waiting to see what the next will be. Plus a refusal of compensation? 1) We ordered a bed frame, it came in two boxes. Box 2 of 2 were the wrong sideboards belonging to a different bed. Disappointment as we were excited to build the bed. Contacted Bed Star and asked for the correct sides to be delivered ASAP. Soonest they could give me was the Saturday. I said yes that'll be fine. 2) Then get an email that it's coming on Monday. We told them we are away on Monday so can they deliver the week after. 3) I get a call from the delivery driver saying he was outside our house, when we are 5 hours away in Cornwall. So ask again for them to deliver the NEXT Monday. 4) We get back from holiday and the side rails of the bed were left outside for days, in full view. 5) We take them inside, only to discover a hole in the cardboard and a slash in the material. I ask send them photos and ask them to collect the rails for the incorrect bed. 6) They ask us to dispose of the incorrect rails, which would mean a visit to the dump from us, so i refuse and ask again for them to collect them. What's worse is that Bed Star are refusing to provide any form of compensation. We ordered this bed on the 19th of June, it's now nearly a month later and we are still without the complete undamaged bed. Absolutely shocking."
"Now day 11 awaiting missing parts. Joke of a company,have reported to trading standards. Customer service is non existent. This company needs to be closed down,not fit for trading"
"Purchased for my elderly parents, they are very pleased with the product!"
"My second purchase and all went according to plan. cheaper mattress for a rented apartment quality looks ok and decent for the price"
"I ordered a bed using next day delivery as the only criteria that was important to me, that was 7 days ago - still no bed, no word form the company to acknowledge my complaint or indeed suggest an alternative delivery. One daughters birthday ruined and one afternoon taken off work not renumerated. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE EITHER. The bed inquestion still paperas as in stock on their website."
"Great choice and value available, delayed delivery. Beds were ordered for my elderly parents with very limited mobility, delivery men advised not possible to assemble beds due to running late, Poor attitude. Tried to call customer services while delivery men were still at delivery address, no answer from all options on the phone."
"Prompt delivery and super service, special thanks to Rachael in customer services for helping me chnage my order when i realised i'd picked the wrong size!! will be telling others about this company"
"do not use this terrible company. did not deliver parts of bed , wrong colour of bed. still waiting for parts after 4 days .taken money. they should not be trading.worst customer service ever .keep away do not use them. had to give one star butneeded no stars .rubbish company."
Bedstar is rated 4.00 based on 866 reviews