Bedstar Reviews

Over a week
Read Bedstar Reviews

support@bedstar.co.uk

98 High Street

Tell us how Bedstar made you happy
Paid for a Saturday delivery, only the slats arrived, not the bedframe itself. Appalling and unhelpful customer service.
DISGUSTING AND SHOCKING customer service! I have been waiting over 2 months for this item. Ordered 30th November. It is now 9th January. I was told prior to purchase it would be delivered by Christmas and then it was after new year. I took a day off work to wait for the item on the 7th! WAIT FOR IT!!! For it to not be delivered AND to be told that I had to wait another 1 week. Then you said you could try and source another item for me BUT have me pay the difference. No compensation! Pathetic service. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. Cheap yes but there’s a reason for it. This is shocking customer service. You will agree I have been very patient.
I wouldn't even put 1 star but there was no other option. Furious beyond words. I ordered two single beds and matresses online on 31st December and was asked to choose a delivery date. I needed the beds for Sunday, so chose 3rd January (today) which was available. I had a confirmation email. they took my money and I have heard nothing from them since! Must have phoned them 15 times today, no response. Call is answered by a machine which asks you to chose which department. You are then put through and asked to wait and then told line is busy and you are cut off. Also emailed customer services, no presponse other than to say they have logged my issue (?) Why offer things if they are not available?
This is a word of warning to anyone about to order from Bedstar - they make a fortune from the 0844 number that you have to ring to find out where your goods are. Please also read the Trustpilot reviews of Bedstar, even if you just want to know that I am not some disgruntled Employee.. I ordered a mattress on the 2nd December as I was moving into a new home on the 13th December. 5-7 working days I was told.... I rang repeatedly on the 6th December and kept getting cut off, or disconnected (at a cost of 47p per call I later found out). I was told, yes, it won't be a problem in a very harsh and condescending manner. Then nothing for another ten days... I repeatedly rang on 17th December after sleeping on the floor for four nights, to finally get through, only to be told that no, the stock wasn't now due in until around the 8th January. I could have a different mattress delivered but I wasn't allowed to sleep on it or remove the packaging or they wouldn't take it back if it wasn't comfortable. If I wanted to cancel the order then I needed to let them know as soon as possible because they didn't want to order more stock than they needed - a bit cheeky I thought. The order was promptly cancelled and I ordered from Mattress Online and had delivery the next day (amazing service, really!!). Now, as if the whole ordering, disappointment, and refund process wasn't shocking enough, I got my phone bill today from O2 - I have been charged £19.26 for calls to Bedstar which has left an even more sour taste in my mouth. I would implore ANYONE DUMB ENOUGH to order from these guys to use their normal number of 01423 863914 and save yourself (quite) a few quid, I mean, if you really, really have to order from them.
Not happy with the mattress I'm sure it is not the right one for the bed
Created order online didn't get any kind of confirmation emails, called and they said that the order is been made and it will b delivered on time, didn't receive it and called them again they give me wrong tracking number and asked me to deal with it. Going to ask for refund I wish if I ordered from another retailer or Amazon Just save your money and time and order form better retailer
Not impressed so far! I ordered a double bed & mattress and received a confirmation email of purchase. After a week of not hearing anything any many phone calls I eventually got through to customer service who said the bed was out of stock until January. Really disappointed as this was not indicated at time of purchase. Expected to be in stock 4 weeks after order.
Very poor - 3 beds meant to be in stock and with me by the 2 December - here we are on the 11th and I have just been informed the courier has only got 1 of the 2 parts of the final bed. from the telephone system that at 9.37 says the opening hours are 9 to 5 and to call back during these hours, the lack of staff to answer the phones any way, right through to not even being able to put a complete order together and despatch it correctly. still haven't received a single call back with any information about when all the parts will arrive. Would advise against using this company
Ordered a bed last week to be delivered yesterday 28/11/19. Yesterday morning received a text with a 2 hour delivery time, between 15:29 and 17:29, everything seemed to be going well. That was until it got to 6pm and there was no sign of the bed and we'd had no comminication off Bedstar or their courier. Tried phoning both, all lines closed at 5pm. Couldn't track it on the internet either. So a night was spent sleeping on the floor. This morning tried to phone the courier to see where the bed was, machine directs you to their website, which tells you nothing. Tried phoning Bedstar, open 9am till 5pm it says, but still no answer at 9:20am. Bed turns up after 9am with a right couldn't be bothered courier who said it was his business and someone should have phoned me yesterday, jumped in his van and went. I paid for delivery and the bed wasn't delivered on my chosen day, a day I booked off from work to take delivery. Not happy about the attitude of courier but less happy at the total non existant comminication from anyone, especially when I'm paying for this appauling service.
Headboard was very badly made had use screw inserts from old headboard to secure the struts ,also had to put more staples in material on the back witch it was lacking would not recommend .
Ordered a bunk bed from bedstar. It was out of stock so offered me another at cheaper price and price matched another company. Still waiting for refund 6 weeks on...faulty bed flaking paint and offered 25 compensation and 60 through paypal (60 and you can keep bed were the words)and then reversed offer. Now asking me to get bed dismantled and return for any refund! Single mother of 3, unable to dismantle without costing me and leaving my children without a bed if I do!
The bed I ordered was promised for delivery on Thursday waited in all day to be told that it was not in fact going to be delivered on Thursday! Was told it would be delivered on the next day Friday so arranged to be at home again have waited in again only to find out that the delivery is not happening today and after speaking to the local delivery firm was informed that it was never going to happen today. After speaking with Bedstar they said it was not their fault and there was nothing they could might be able to get the bed to me by next Tuesday! Not a very helpful firm do not do as they advertised we choose this company because they advertised next day delivery could not even manage same week delivery let alone next day. Very hard to get hold of on the phone.
They delivered my bed somewhere else and said they have been delivered. The delivery company has asked the bedstar company to resend the bed, but the company does not resend it! I have no bed in two weeks now, and the customer service Rachael, really bad temper. I hope my bed can deliver to my home soon.
The bed that has been delivered is NOT the bed I ordered, it is completely different. The bed I ordered was a grey/white. The divan base is not velvet crush ALSO I paid extra for silver legs. This is an absolute joke. I am very disappointed and upset with this service.
Absolutely disgusted with the way this company has operated. I ordered a bed and it was meant to be delivered on Monday, only HALF the bed was delivered with no apologies or indication to when the next part would be delivered. I had to call myself to organise the other box being delivered, which had to be delivered on Wednesday as they refused to deliver it Tuesday. The second box arrived on Wednesday, my partner watched a the delivery driver threw the box around causing it to rip and break open. Opened what was left of the box to find that a hydraulic (bought an ottoman bed) was missing. Tried calling for 20 mins before 5 (their closing time) and was put on hold the entire time or the line would hang up for them to then turn the lines off 5 minutes to 5. I have been sleeping on the floor since Sunday as we removed the old bed as it was broken ready for the new bed to go up. Would not recommend the company at all.
Absolutely dreadful company. Bed was delivered faulty two weeks ago yet I am still waiting for them to collect it and arrange a refund. The customer service "department" is useless. They rarely respond to emails, I have sent 4 in the past few days and I am yet to get a response. I am not sure who they are paying to leave 5 star reviews on here but I imagine most of them are fake. People should avoid this company at all costs.
Bedstar delivery never showed up on the day it was scheduled. When we contacted the company they claimed someone had attempted to deliver but nobody was home... I have a ring doorbell with video monitoring and we were home. So not only are they awful at their jobs, they are liars too. Also, when we finally got the bed, it broke down the middle. Avoid these guys at all costs
If you buy from Bedstar, you will be ripped off from start to finish. They do not deliver on time, or will only deliver a part order. Then they will charge you to either redeliver, or to cancel the order. Look at Trustpilot if you want to know just how awful this company is. Waiting to see if they publish this - because I have a huge amount of evidence about them, and their business model. They are essentially a few people operating out of a small unit. And making a huge profit from their ‘terms and conditions’ which seem to change on a daily basis.
Ordered a base and mattress for next day delivery. The only reason I used them was that they apparently have next day delivery. Mattress arrived, no base. We arranged for a re-delivery (which they should have done and picked up on their own side), two days later. When the delivery slot was announced I could not make it. I tried to to do a re-delivery, and they wanted to charge an extra £47 because I missed the delivery window. I then cancelled the order, and they still charged the £47. I truly believe that they have a scam going on, where everything seems fine until they don't deliver, and then the customer gets charged extra. For that price, I could have received superior value at somewhere like John Lewis. Don't be fooled, you will be fleeced by their business model.
Hopelessly disorganised from beginning to end. Messed up the order, messed up the delivery repeatedly, and the delivery staff are exceptionally rude and confrontational with the customer and their own employer. If you want to be insulted in your own home for a company's mistakes, this is the supplier for you!
Bedstar is rated 4.00 based on 943 reviews