Beauty Bay Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend Beauty Bay
2PM
2PM

About Beauty Bay: Beautybay.com stock a wide range of skin care, hair care, make up, fragrances and male grooming products from brands such as Tigi, Bare Escentuals, Wella, GHD< Too Faced, ole Henriksen and more. BeautyBay.com stocks over 7000 beauty products at highly competitive prices for its customers. Our top brands includes Mario Badescu, CARGO Cosmetics, Stila, Warren Tricomi and more.

PO Box 518

Email, Live Chat
Over a week
1 - 2 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"Stole my money, stupid customer service, don't reply to my emails, still haven't got a refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not recommend. :("
Are you Beauty Bay? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Long story short every order I have from them is either wrong or damaged. I email them, DM them on twitter and get ignored. I sent the orders back with trackable shipping (which paypal told me to do) they still ignored me so paypal refunded me. I have had an email today from Hannah from Beauty Bay's "Customer Service" team who has said sent me a vile, threatening email claiming that they never received goods back. Good job I sent the goods back via recorded delivery. Will never use again!"
"The slander and bullish customer service this company put on our daughter has caused her to start self harming again after 10 years. She had nothing but problem after problem to which they did not want to resolve. After taking the complaint to Trading Standards, the whole incident which spanned over a month came crashing down. We have to now pick up the pieces of the shattered mental health of our daughter. Although we knew what the company was doing to her, we didn’t realise how bad it was until reading all the messages she’d sent, the 357 screenshots stored on her phone as evidence, to all she received was bullying online in an open forum, via private message online and email. If you wish to protect yourself or your family, then a disagreement with this company isn’t worth the pain and trauma. 10 years of mental health growth and recovery have been flushed down the drain by a 2 month period with BeautyBay employees. We and the family now have to start all over again. Thank you BeautyBay for resetting the hard work not only by our daughter, but her family, doctors, consultants, physchologists, therapists and her long standing partner."
"Awful customer service and quite frankly rude tbh. Doesn’t care about customers or keeping them happy. They false advertise some products! Stay clear."
"steer clear!!! Very very bad customer service, it’s just non existent, an automated email will tell you they are busy and will reply within 48hours!! I haven’t received anything back at all and I since have sent a few and as for their next day delivery, do not spend the extra money on it as it took 5 days for mine after paying for it as I wanted the stuff for the next day!!! Never had problems like this before so therefore will not be using this site in future"
"Hi, So I send an order, they accepted the payment and received the order confirmation. After they charged the credit card, they canceled the order because the credit card "failed their security checks". Security checks performed after the card was charged ... wierd. They asked me to allow them 3 to 5 working days for refund. After 5 working days I didn't see the refund in my credit card I asked them to make the payment ASAP, with no answer. I've contacted them on Facebook and asked them to refund or dispatch the order. I actually needed those items. They asked me to allow them 5-10 working days for refund because they canceled the order. So my money is blocked and the order has been canceled. And I still have to wait more for the money - if I'll ever get it, that is. This is bad customer service, poor management and security check. They acted unprofessional and they don't respect their clients. If they had better credit card security check, my credit card would have been rejected when I've tried to place the order not after charging the card. I lost precious time and money ordering on beautybay.com I do not recommend."
"Customer service a total joke. Returned two products and have only received a partial refund. Have been going back and forth with customer services for over a week now to get this resolved and have neither the time nor the inclination to carry on doing so. PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY."
"My order took about 4 weeks to arrive. I'm surprised I even got my order, honestly. Their customer service is absolute garbage and I can only assume that their ratings on trustpilot are fake."
"Awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!placed an order end of nov. as a Christmas gift. they said it was dispatched but end of Jan now and no sign customer service????????? joke stay well away."
"Absolutely discussed!!! I never received the palette!! They said it had been delivered and received; it hadn't!! What a pack of lies!! Absolute joke!! I will NEVER shop with this company again!!! I waited ages for a refund!! There is no custumer service person you can speak to on the phone, the number on the site goes through to the marketing department, the girl on the line was rude and useless!!! could only type to someone via live chat. Which took forever for my case to be resolved!!"
"Worst company ever. I received faulty good and for the last one week have tried contacting them but they have no nb and have not responded. The finance department team were so unhelpful and kept cutting the line when I was asking for assistance I could not believe the unprofessionalism and rudeness the guy who answered refused to give me the name of the company director when I asked as I was so upset with the service but he was so rude to me and hanged up. In the I gave up ringing. They have no customer service skills at all. Honestly spent so much money with this company in good faith but they are cons and still not responded back and can not even reach anyone. This has caused me unneccessary stress. I would advise not to shop with this company once you pay and receive faulty goods they are so difficult to contact and only way is via email and even then they dont reply they are so so unhelpful. Worst customer service experience i have ever experienced with an online retail company. I would never advise this company. They stock great brands but worst company ever to buy from."
"Thieves: Ordered items, incorrect item arrived (could tell from picking note left in my parcel that warehouse person knew he/she had picked wrong item). Contacted them by phone (no answer, just voice mail). Contacted them by email, automated reply thanking me for my email. No reply and no refund. i've had to buy the item (£29.99) elsewhere and I've lost my money. Never give these thieves your business"
"So this is in regards to an order I placed on the 21st of June 2017, Order Ref: 1F0Z-GYLO-DC40-V. I got an email from Hermes on the 22nd June 2017 that they have successfully delivered my order. I was a little surprised, because me and my husband were both working from home that day, and we had never heard the doorbell or even a knock on the door. there was no note left at the door as well. I went out to check if they left it outside the door - however the package was no where to be found. I logged on to the website and was very very disappointed to see that there was no number I could call to get my concerns addressed with Hermes or Beautybay, I couldn't even find a customer care email address on the website. So, I contacted the Customer service on beautybay chat (this was done in the afternoon of the 22nd June itself) - I spoke to a lady called Rochelle, who assured me that she had raised my complaint - and that I will hear back from Beauty Bay in the next 24 hours. I even told her that it was my daughters bday on the 25th June - and my order was meant for her bday present - so I was quite desperate to get hold of it in time, she assured me that I will definitely hear back from them, and will get hold of my order in time. However Its the 27th today - and I have heard 'nothing, back from Rochelle - or the Beauty Bay customer services - Needless to say I am extremely upset. I am here to warn EVERYONE - please DO NOT buy from them - unless you want to go through what I have gone through!"
"This company is hit and miss. 50% of orders are processed and delivered in a reasonable manner. The other 50% of orders either arrive opened, damaged, repackaged by Hermes or not at all. BeautyBay do not respond to any communication when it is of a negative content. If you give them a glowing response, they are all over you like a rash. However, attempting to get refunds for goods & services not provided (fraud) is impossible. So legal action and the fraud team from the bank have to get involved. For makeup of all things, this shouldn't be stressful. There are far more important things going on in the world than BeautyBay and their inability to communicate, and they're shoddy contract with the worse courier service in the UK. Southampton depot for Hermes are renowned for stealing parcels (hence why some arrive opened, bashed and repackaged - the contents obviously aren't of interest to the thief). Why BeautyBay wishes to solely use a company with such bad reputation is beyond us. Or maybe it is because they are trading in the same manner. BeautyBay need to step up their game, trade legally, put their customer service team on training courses, and have a bid manager put out for contracts with reputable trustworthy courier services based in the UK at least. This is not too much to ask, this purely falls under the Consumers Right Act and Trading Standards, something neither company seem capable of doing. The only option to order some of these products is to buy them directly from the US and just realise that we will have to pay Customs & VAT charges. In this day and age you'd think companies would be doing everything they can to be the best they can be. Word of mouth, social media, platforms such as this can be extremely damaging to their reputation, leading to loss in business etc. We don't expect to hear from either company, so the legal road it will be... Our advice, don't use BeautyBay. If you want any products, i.e. Jeffree Star or Anastasia then go via Beautylish.com They absolve the import charge into the shipping cost, and it doesn't come too much."
"This company - if it is at all a company - must have about the crappiest customer service in the world. Ordered a package on November 23, and today, 19/12 it's still not here, and most likely never will. Mailing them only results in non-constructive, not-helping-at-all standard copy-paste responses, which don't lead to any solutions at all. They keep saying I need to wait until 21/12 before they will even START to investigate this issue. Of course, that offers no guarantee any solution will come up. I needed this package as a birthday party that was yesterday. Of course, my package was not here. They promise 7-10 day delivery. "never delivery" sounds more like it. I tried calling them, got through to the switchboard, only to hear that customer services "does not have a direct phoneline". I mean, what kind of customer services department does not have a landline???!!! If all the rest wasn't already suspicious, this most certainly is!!! I would advise everybody to stay as far away from them as possible. And to spread the word so we can protect others. This company cannot be trusted!!!!"
"Awful delivery service ordered something a month ago and being told to wait for it until after Christmas until they look into it"
"The parcel never arrived (I placed the order nearly a month ago), the customer service is nowhere to be found. I sent three emails, I still have not gotten any reply."
"I've ordered from you 3 and a half weeks ago and still not received my item. Tried to contact you over email and phone call and no response. Managed to get someone to chat to me over Twitter but still no luck in getting my item. So unhappy it's a joke"
"If you would like your package to never arrive, receive half-answers with no solutions but "keep an eye on your tracking" and waste your time and money, then sure, try BeautyBay."
"After their delivery service lost my parcel. Messed me around in live chat for 5 days. And me emailing them constantly it took for me to leave a honest bad review before I got any where. Unfortunately they have not went through with the promise they made to honour my previous price I paid for my goods. I ordered a item in the 30% the item was lost I asked them just to replace. I was told that I had to reorder at full price and they would refund me the difference. After I sent them the email confirming the dispatch of the item. Its now been 5 days since that original email I have the item but not my partial refund. I've bought loads from this company over the last year but how I have been treated and lied to. I will be shopping else where. Beauty bay you have let you standard's drop......"
Beauty Bay is rated 2.90 based on 157 reviews