Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Appears to do what it says and the instructions and videos are very helpful. Leg probably easier to fit with help from someone else but is possible on your own. (Easier on skinny models than on old blokes like me!). Double pins on main leg adjuster are a bit of an effort but on the whole I am impressed by the build quality. Have yet to have my leg operation so will see how I get on once my leg is in a cast."
"So I'm general a very active person. I work as a tree surgeon and a Triathlon swimming coach. Having ruptured my Achilles tendon and now not able to weight bare on my leg for 6 weeks or more. I didn't relies how restrictive crutches can be. Everyone uses the example of not being able to do simple tasks like being able to carry cup of tea. With the iwalker it goes a little way to give me some independence back as it allows me to move without needing to use my hands, freeing them up so I can carry things. I've found the iwalk much better for travelling longer distances then using crutches as leg muscle are more stronger. But you wouldn't want to wear the iwalk all day as puts to much pressure on your knee. I've found I can cover shorter distances faster on crutches. But going slower is acceptable given that iwalk as I said gives you back some independence. Being a family man, it's not just me that has suffered my injury but my family too. They were having to give up time to help me out. Having the iwalk has enabled me to do more which has been better for them my family, and has enabled me to consider being able to do more stuff with the kids. Would fully recommend iwalker."
"Broke my leg in two places just above and either side of my ankle. Elbow crutches were so painful and impractical so I did some research and came across the iwalk 2.0...was very sceptical but desperation forced me to buy. It's not perfect but it has made a huge difference to my mobility. I've had it for about a week and I'm pretty confident walking around, getting up and down stairs (so long as said stairs have a rail). It allows me to carry things whilst walking. On the second day I'd even mowed the lawn! On the minus side, mine has developed an annoying creak and the straps do work loose occasionally. As others have mentioned, it does put a lot of pressure on the knee and shin and I couldn't walk for too long...but on the whole, I'm really pleased and wouldn't be without it. The iWalk is far superior to crutches and I'd highly recommend it particularly to no-weight bearing patients. Delivery was quick too."
"2 weeks ago I ruptured my achilles tendon, after doing lots of research on the injury I came across this product ! The reviews were good, I found approximately 80% of users were satisfied with the iWalk. I called the supplier 'Peglegs UK' and asked them about there returns policy, I received a call back from a gentlemen who I found to be rather rude. My question was genuine as I didn't want to be in the 20% and find I couldn't use the iWalk and not have the opportunity to return the unit. Apparently you have 15 days which I thought to be fair despite the representatives attitude on the call. I ordered a unit and it arrived the next day. It changed my 'injured' life ! However, I suspect I didn't get a brand new one no one had used, the foam looked like someone had been on it for a few days and I had a few scratches to the frame which left me feeling a little disappointed especially after the call from the guy who stated if you return you must return in tidy state so we can sell it on. You should probably make your customers aware your units may have possibly been used / tried by another. I could cook, help with the children and do the day to day stuff. It also allowed me to have a good time on holiday, I walked all over Centre Parcs and now preparing to hit Bulguria in a couple of weeks. It's really helped with the tasks of day to day life and relieved the burden on my wife should I have continued with the cumbersome crutches. Expect lots of stares and confused faces, the public are not ready for this product, I had a few nice folk ask about the unit which I was happy to explain. The only other thing I'd mention is the knee pain you may experience if you're on the iWalk for a long period, it can be uncomfortable and leave you feeling sore and thats not down to the padding it's the position of your knee and the weight bearing down into that point of your body. I'd highly recommend this product, just don't ask about the returns policy ! :)"
I'm sorry that your experience was less than perfect and have raised the question with my colleague who dealt with your call and with the person responsible for processing returned units, which is meant to return them to an as-new condition for sale. I can only apologise that this was not done in your case.
"no comment"
"The delivery was quick but sadly I had to return product as was unsuitable am awaiting my refund ,A clever idea for people looking for help and hands free"
This item arrived here this morning and was refunded in full this evening.
"Thanks for the fastest ever delivery of this essential bit of kit! :) This knee crutch was a real lifesaver when I hurt my shoulder and couldn't use regular crutches to get around. I would say that an optional extra knee pad is a must for the first few days and would reccomend -if it gets developed to 3.0- an additional/ fold out foot prop so the crutch doesent have to be removed every time you sit down. I loved how good I got at getting around, carrying stuff and being self sufficient. Watch out for self closing doors though- stay sharp! It's real tricky coming down narrow, high steps, on rough ground or sideways slopes, and when you're tired It's not easy to concentrate on every step and remember the little extra weight/ balance, but it is totally worth it! Really happy to reccomend trying this out, hopefully not for too long though!"
"The service was fast, organised and clear. The pegleg is well made. Unfortunately, didn't get on with it, i think this was due to other medical issues, seperate from the damaged ankle. Pegleg sent a link so I could choose a return courier and on return promptly refunded the cost. The pegleg is a very well made product. Clear set-up and return videos."
Just for clarification, courier charges for returns are at the buyer's expense, not ours. We refund the original price of the iWALK, excluding any extra delivery charge, such as Saturday delivery or shipment to the Channel Islands or Isle of Man by Royal Mail Special Delivery
"This product is absolutely amazing and makes having a lower leg injury liveable. Being able to carry things and cook as normal is a God send. If I have one criticism it would be that the thing is a bit heavy and could benefit from being lighter, I do appreciate however that this would increase the cost so it is probably pitched perfectly just as it is. It is easy to assemble and use, if you get a chance (prior to surgery eg) - spend some time getting used to it, as standing up from a seated position and managing stairs can be very tricky."
"Peg legs service was great but the iWalk crutch was not a success so will be trying to sell it on."
"The parcel arrived quickly and in good order. As I am female and in my 70's I asked my nephew to assemble it for me. This he did in about 10/15 mins. When I tried it on I felt quite unsteady, and so have not used it in case of a fall. I think for people who are younger this would not be a problem, but for me it did not work."
"Bought for a young friend with a broken ankle. She's very pleased with the product so far, though she's still getting used to walking with it and will probably only gain full benefit over the next couple of weeks."
"Well designed and materials used are of good quality. On slightly negative issues - on initial setting of the height, I had problems with the spring detents moving out of position within the pierced tubes causing me to 'fiddle' to relocate them. The other problem is that even though the height is set correct, I occasionally trip up due to the front of the sole catching/gripping the floor because I need to consciously lift my leg enough to clear the ground when walking."
On the height issue, there are two spring buttons on the lower assembly - try using the other one to shorten the lower unit by half a hole spacing.
"I haven't actually used this yet, as my op was delayed! However, although my husband said it needed someone with a bit of "nous" to put it together, i.e. him, not me, it seems to be hopefully what I shall need to continue to be able to cook and generally get around whilst I am to be non-ambulatory for a while, lets hope so anyway!!"
It's a great idea to get familiar with using the iWALK before your op, so when you need it for real you are already confident on it.
"So... like many products this is typical where u really do have to get off your bum and give it a proper test drive.... so at £150 it's not for every one..... I personally knew that being at home on my own with 2 young Springer spaniel puppies was gonna b a challenge.... this pegleg has been a blessing in doin away with the crutches.... it does take a while to get use to.... once u have set it up its really easy to slip on and off.... I can get around the garden... just n careful of uneven surfaces etc..... would happily buy again and definitely recommend.... ibyhink the company should offer spare parts ie sponge supports and foot piece in order to help sell on as used.... in fact as I'm only likely to need this for 2/3 months max I anticipate selling on for at least £100.... I have had 20+ people ask me about where I got it and how easy is it to use.... I was given a leaflet by an nhs plaster cast technician.... cantbthank him enough..... it's a shame that the money spent on gadget like this does not go back into the nhs...."
You are right - the iWALK needs the user to spend the time and effort learning to get the best out of it.

We carry a full range of spare parts for next-day despatch.

However, bear in mind that the manufacturers say that the iWALK 2.0 is designed as a single user medical device and is actually marked by them "Not For Rental".

Even worse, each one being sold second-hand is a customer to whom we can't sell a new one!
"Within about 20 minutes I was able to easily go up and down stairs, as well as being able to get about much more easily around the house. It's such a relief to get rid of the traditional crutches!"
"This innovative solution certainly helps with freeing your hands and make stair climbing much easier. It's been my experience that it's not as easy as the videos would have you believe although it may get better as time passes and I have less pain, therefore not being scared to fall or further injure my foot. It also adds to the weight on your leg, especially when you have a cast or a heavy boot strapped it. I guess each one will experience this differently but I am female and approx 1.57m so it is a heavy contraption. Having said all that, I will buy it again as it is a great product and lack of competition make this a market leader by default, not to steal the glory of a great Peg. The only reason I didn't give it "very Good" is because I haven't been able to use it with such ease as it was advertised, but as mentioned, probably user error. Good Luck Jan"
"The pegleg has been a real Godsend to me; I fractured my fibula and ankle, had surgery and have been NWB in a cast for 8 weeks so far. Moving around on crutches alone is tortuous, so having my hands free to actually be able to do normal things has been amazing. It took me a while to have the confidence to use it, and I do still use it with one crutch usually, but I find it invaluable and would recommend it to others. I have only given it 4 stars because I do find that I get some pain in my knee after a while, and know that physiologically knees are not meant to bear our body weight. For that reason, I use it for short periods only, but that doesn't take away the value, I just think that it needs to be used with some caution. Maybe that is my age - Im 61, so maybe not such a problem for someone younger and fitter! I also find the fastening mechanism a bit of a fiddle...especially when in a hurry to get to the loo!! Peglegs UK are great, I found them very helpful talking me through the pro's and cons, and was confident about ordering from them because I could return it if I didn't get on with it."
"I like the peg leg but it may be better if it was a bit lighter if it’s posable.not if you can but when one has done a long walk it becomes tiredness.for me I had to had more padding because of my surgery am where that taken bone from my knee ,apart from that it’s been a reel joy to use and some freedom .thank you so much I would recommend to others.; yours m hodgkin"
"It was easy to get used to and had freed up my hands. I have walked the dog which I could not have done on crutches. Wore to work today - lots of interest and they liked it."
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 372 reviews