Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Thanks for the fastest ever delivery of this essential bit of kit! :) This knee crutch was a real lifesaver when I hurt my shoulder and couldn't use regular crutches to get around. I would say that an optional extra knee pad is a must for the first few days and would reccomend -if it gets developed to 3.0- an additional/ fold out foot prop so the crutch doesent have to be removed every time you sit down. I loved how good I got at getting around, carrying stuff and being self sufficient. Watch out for self closing doors though- stay sharp! It's real tricky coming down narrow, high steps, on rough ground or sideways slopes, and when you're tired It's not easy to concentrate on every step and remember the little extra weight/ balance, but it is totally worth it! Really happy to reccomend trying this out, hopefully not for too long though!"
"The service was fast, organised and clear. The pegleg is well made. Unfortunately, didn't get on with it, i think this was due to other medical issues, seperate from the damaged ankle. Pegleg sent a link so I could choose a return courier and on return promptly refunded the cost. The pegleg is a very well made product. Clear set-up and return videos."
Just for clarification, courier charges for returns are at the buyer's expense, not ours. We refund the original price of the iWALK, excluding any extra delivery charge, such as Saturday delivery or shipment to the Channel Islands or Isle of Man by Royal Mail Special Delivery
"This product is absolutely amazing and makes having a lower leg injury liveable. Being able to carry things and cook as normal is a God send. If I have one criticism it would be that the thing is a bit heavy and could benefit from being lighter, I do appreciate however that this would increase the cost so it is probably pitched perfectly just as it is. It is easy to assemble and use, if you get a chance (prior to surgery eg) - spend some time getting used to it, as standing up from a seated position and managing stairs can be very tricky."
"Peg legs service was great but the iWalk crutch was not a success so will be trying to sell it on."
"The parcel arrived quickly and in good order. As I am female and in my 70's I asked my nephew to assemble it for me. This he did in about 10/15 mins. When I tried it on I felt quite unsteady, and so have not used it in case of a fall. I think for people who are younger this would not be a problem, but for me it did not work."
"Bought for a young friend with a broken ankle. She's very pleased with the product so far, though she's still getting used to walking with it and will probably only gain full benefit over the next couple of weeks."
"Well designed and materials used are of good quality. On slightly negative issues - on initial setting of the height, I had problems with the spring detents moving out of position within the pierced tubes causing me to 'fiddle' to relocate them. The other problem is that even though the height is set correct, I occasionally trip up due to the front of the sole catching/gripping the floor because I need to consciously lift my leg enough to clear the ground when walking."
On the height issue, there are two spring buttons on the lower assembly - try using the other one to shorten the lower unit by half a hole spacing.
"I haven't actually used this yet, as my op was delayed! However, although my husband said it needed someone with a bit of "nous" to put it together, i.e. him, not me, it seems to be hopefully what I shall need to continue to be able to cook and generally get around whilst I am to be non-ambulatory for a while, lets hope so anyway!!"
It's a great idea to get familiar with using the iWALK before your op, so when you need it for real you are already confident on it.
"So... like many products this is typical where u really do have to get off your bum and give it a proper test drive.... so at £150 it's not for every one..... I personally knew that being at home on my own with 2 young Springer spaniel puppies was gonna b a challenge.... this pegleg has been a blessing in doin away with the crutches.... it does take a while to get use to.... once u have set it up its really easy to slip on and off.... I can get around the garden... just n careful of uneven surfaces etc..... would happily buy again and definitely recommend.... ibyhink the company should offer spare parts ie sponge supports and foot piece in order to help sell on as used.... in fact as I'm only likely to need this for 2/3 months max I anticipate selling on for at least £100.... I have had 20+ people ask me about where I got it and how easy is it to use.... I was given a leaflet by an nhs plaster cast technician.... cantbthank him enough..... it's a shame that the money spent on gadget like this does not go back into the nhs...."
You are right - the iWALK needs the user to spend the time and effort learning to get the best out of it.

We carry a full range of spare parts for next-day despatch.

However, bear in mind that the manufacturers say that the iWALK 2.0 is designed as a single user medical device and is actually marked by them "Not For Rental".

Even worse, each one being sold second-hand is a customer to whom we can't sell a new one!
"Within about 20 minutes I was able to easily go up and down stairs, as well as being able to get about much more easily around the house. It's such a relief to get rid of the traditional crutches!"
"This innovative solution certainly helps with freeing your hands and make stair climbing much easier. It's been my experience that it's not as easy as the videos would have you believe although it may get better as time passes and I have less pain, therefore not being scared to fall or further injure my foot. It also adds to the weight on your leg, especially when you have a cast or a heavy boot strapped it. I guess each one will experience this differently but I am female and approx 1.57m so it is a heavy contraption. Having said all that, I will buy it again as it is a great product and lack of competition make this a market leader by default, not to steal the glory of a great Peg. The only reason I didn't give it "very Good" is because I haven't been able to use it with such ease as it was advertised, but as mentioned, probably user error. Good Luck Jan"
"The pegleg has been a real Godsend to me; I fractured my fibula and ankle, had surgery and have been NWB in a cast for 8 weeks so far. Moving around on crutches alone is tortuous, so having my hands free to actually be able to do normal things has been amazing. It took me a while to have the confidence to use it, and I do still use it with one crutch usually, but I find it invaluable and would recommend it to others. I have only given it 4 stars because I do find that I get some pain in my knee after a while, and know that physiologically knees are not meant to bear our body weight. For that reason, I use it for short periods only, but that doesn't take away the value, I just think that it needs to be used with some caution. Maybe that is my age - Im 61, so maybe not such a problem for someone younger and fitter! I also find the fastening mechanism a bit of a fiddle...especially when in a hurry to get to the loo!! Peglegs UK are great, I found them very helpful talking me through the pro's and cons, and was confident about ordering from them because I could return it if I didn't get on with it."
"I like the peg leg but it may be better if it was a bit lighter if it’s posable.not if you can but when one has done a long walk it becomes tiredness.for me I had to had more padding because of my surgery am where that taken bone from my knee ,apart from that it’s been a reel joy to use and some freedom .thank you so much I would recommend to others.; yours m hodgkin"
"It was easy to get used to and had freed up my hands. I have walked the dog which I could not have done on crutches. Wore to work today - lots of interest and they liked it."
"Quick delivery have brought for operation due in a few weeks so have not used it but very hopeful that it will keep me mobile while in plaster for 12 weeks"
"I have had my iwalk2 for a week now. It was pretty straight forward to assemble and set up. It really is an ingenious piece of kit and has been extremely well designed (no doubt at huge cost to someone) and manufactured to a very high standard with excellent materials, locks etc. I use it every day (initially to the amusement and/or surprise of onlookers) and am currently augmenting use of my crutches, ie I alternate. I find the straps to be a little uncomfortable at times, and think the strap padding could be improved generally. While it is a “one size fits all” I do worry a little that the “platform/ledge” for the lower leg is a lot shorter than my leg leaving my leg suspended a fair bit - the crutch “leg” is extendible but not the ledge. Perhaps there could be options to have a longer “ledge”? Maybe that’s not a big issue - I am 185cm tall and have “average” leg lengths so this must be a bit of an issue for others as well I expect. We have had snow lately so I’ve been unable to really give it a go outside. It certainly makes stairs (with a handrail) so much easier than crutches, and having my hands freed up, while going about the house is a massive bonus. I look forward to better weather and trying it outside."
"Great product improved my clients life Vastly."
"Very helpful when I had a problem with assembly. Good trustworthy business"
"Quick and efficient, however the delivery was a bit of a nightmare as there was a day but no time estimate so I had to be home all day. The device was easy to assemble but a little more complicated to walk on, up stairs easy down stairs not easy at all"
"This device has made a huge difference to my life in that I can be independent in my own home and do the basic everyday things for myself, like cooking, emptying the dishwasher, etc. However two improvements would make it perfect: It’s a little too heavy for me. I’m a slim lady and after going up the stairs once, found it very difficult to lift my leg plus the peg leg. So,I continue to go up on my bum. The second thing is that it can get tender on my shin, when I use it a lot, which restricts how much I use it. So perhaps more padding for the shin would help that problem."
Peglegs UK is rated 4.80 based on 323 reviews