Peglegs UK Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"quick and efficient service"
We try because we know that customers usually want to ditch their crutches as soon as possible!
"I run a busy livery yard and broke my ankle falling off a horse. The IWalk has absolutely saved my sanity. I live alone so I’m able to be pretty much self sufficient- can cook, clean, carry things - all impossible with crutches. I found it fairly easy to walk although I think I need to make some adjustments as my leg slightly lifts up even though the straps are tight. Hugely recommend!"
The fix for the lifting is usually a pad of a folded towel or similar under the bare part of your knee if you are in a cast - it supports it on the knee platform.
"Good service. Great product. Foot maybe a little too grippy but otherwise great. Maybe version 3.0 can feature a collapsible peg to make it easier whilst seated. Great option as an alternative to crutches."
"Great service. Really quality made product. Product performs as described in all materials and cones with comprehensive instructions. The product is a life saver for anyone facing long term on crutches, it’s a life changer, giving you back mobility, working the upper limb and therefore avoiding muscle wastage in the thigh, hip and knee areas and therefore hugely beneficial later when it comes to rehabilitation. Don’t hesitate to purchase! Highly recommend."
Thanks for the review - we pride ourselves on our service and it's great to see it's recognised.
"easy to order and quick delivery. Had a slight issue with the delivery agents but this was dealt with by peglegs in a very polite and effecient manner. would certainly recommend this company."
Thank you for your review - we love it when we can sort out a problem for a customer as easily as we did yours. We are trying a new carrier who tries again rather than deliver to collection points - not ideal for somebody with a leg injury, is it?
"I purchased an 'I-Walk' from Peglegs and have just started using it after a significant ankle operation. It's fantastic and allows me relative independence to move around home, make coffee, do meals, etc. As an engineer, I also appreciate its design and sturdy construction. The I-walker seems almost unknown in UK hospitals so I'll promote it to my Orthopaedic Consultant and the staff."
Thanks for the review. Please let us know if you want some leaflets for them
"fractured base of 5th metatarsal on 18/8/18, advised need 6 weeks non weight bearing, have been using the i- walk intermittently for about a week. It takes a bit of getting use to but has given me back my hands, i’m able to cook, hang out washing and generally get about much easier. i would highly recommend this product."
"Would recommend this product, my husband has fractured his foot in a cast for 6 weeks a self employed farmer would not been able to manage to work without it"
"Brought the I walk2 from Peglegs after seeing it on the internet the day I was in plaster from my toes to my knee. I spoke to Jerry at peglegs who was most helpful it was delivered the next day. It was simple to put together after watching the video, I followed the instructions on how to fit and use, I live on a hillside location with large steps down to the cottage and again to the garden, after a little practice I fount that by wearing the I walk2 made it possible for me to get up and down the steps and walk round the cottage and garden. It helped me cope with getting round going out and doing jobs around the cottage and garden which would have been impossible on cruches. I found Peglegs uk most helpful and would recommend them."
"I have a ruptured achelies so no weight bearingon left leg, I found the product to be very good quality and clear instructions made it easy to assemble and use."
"Having been told that I had broken a metatarsal and would be unable to weight bear and would be in a cast and on crutches for 6 weeks I was dreading the 6 weeks of school holiday I had stretching of me. However, I am delighted to be able to say that the iWalk has given me the freedom to carry on with all my normal activities both around the house and out and about - although perhaps at a slightly slower pace! The ordering process from Peglegs UK was straightforward, communication was good and despatch and delivery as promised. Assembling the crutch was easy using the Youtube video and I was up and walking within moments. I can not recommend either the iWalk or Peglegs UK highly enough!"
"The iWalk2 turned out to be a lifesaver for my non-weight-bearing ankle break - I still took my husbands arm for getting about on the street (didn't want to risk breaking anything else!), but it made getting up and down stairs an absolute doddle! The instructions are really clear and WORK. What's more, I was able to get walking almost immediately the cast came off - and my physio thinks that may be because I was using my pegleg. Should see more of these around in future... And Jerry was terrific, getting my pegleg to me the very next day, and being there to answer all questions! I'm almost sad to pack it away..."
"For me this has been a life saver and I cannot recommend it highly enough provided you meet the criteria to use it . Excllent customer service . Broke my ankle on Sunday - 4 days before we were due to go on a 4 week holiday to the US .Discharged on crutches on Tues , having done mobility research in hospital . Contacted Peglegs on Wed after a particularly problematic trip to the cinema on crutches. Delivered on Thurs. Took about an hour , watchimg video on how to set it up and adjust it correctly but by Thurs afternoon I was walking unaided around the house and managing stairs This has enabled my family to start the holiday of a lifetime with out me , Happy and comfortable that i an manage at home on my own. yes I still wobble every now and again , and catch the foot sometimes as I transition from hard floor to carpet but this is some piece of kit and Im a complete convert . Having my cast changed next week and hope then to fly out to join my family . I can easily cope in the airport without a wheelchair . I will take crutches with me but hope not to have to use them If there is anything I can do to promote this in the UK , please do not hesitate to contact me . My work colleagues and friends are amazed"
"I have been using crutches for nearly 2 years and find them cumbersome, since finding peglegs I have now regained my independence. It's the best product on the market.....I love it. Thank you peglegs for giving me back my freedom."
"Great piece of kit bought it for my wife who is pending a foot op would recommend she is getting used to it already"
"The ordering process was very simple and the delivery very quick. I have ordered the peg leg prior to my surgery and I'm finding it quite intuitive to use. There are some very good training videos online that help with the adjustments etc. Very happy with my purchase."
"Bought to use after an operation. Not used yet. I'm starting to practice with it.. So far I'm doing ok. Quite easy to learn how to use. I'm very pleased with it so far."
"The iwalk2.0 is great it has given me my freedom back, I can use my arms and hands again. I have been on and off crutches for six years and only found out about the iwalker a few weeks ago. Now I think its the best thing since sliced bread and its my best friend in the world. (well apart from my hubby)."
"Very helpful and extremely quick despatch of item."
"Arrived really quickly. Easy to assemble (used video instruction with written instructions for a few minor details). Easy to use though took a leap of confidence to take the first steps as trying out something new in what was already a vulnerable situation (fractured tibia and fibula bones). I had been using crutches for three weeks and was so fed up with the limitations. Not even being able to easily make myself a cup of tea was driving me mad. I am so much more independent now and after a relatively short time of practise was moving around the house with ease - even including the stairs. A few tips to remember . . .you will use muscles you don’t normally so expect to ache for a bit - just stick with it! Be mindful to pick the peg leg properly off the floor when walking so as not to ‘catch’ the floor. This is what made me wobble initially. Let the peg do the work and don’t tense up. it’s so much easier when you relax! Believe in your ability to be able to do it and you will be so much more likely to be able to do it! (At 54 although not old I know I had to challenge my own belief system that it would be too difficult when I was already coping with being upset by my situation). Finally enjoy all the comments from people about how fabulous it is and you are for having found it! Quite entertaining that! So, I’m not commissioned by the company (although I sound like I am), but I am keen to let others know how helpful this has been to me on a practical and emotional level. Surely the NHS should invest in these where people could benefit, especially as I think in the longer term a money saver in the end."
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 330 reviews