Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Just the job. I was unable to wear my prosthesis for a short time. I'm a below knee amputee. Using crutches I was unable to carry anything. But Pegleg to the rescue! Easy to get used to using it. Excellent customer service from Jerry. My Pegleg arrived the following day by courier. Highly recommended."
"Very easy to use, the only problem is the straps come loose"
There's an easy, tool-free fix for that once you have the lengths correctly adjusted:

"Bought in advance of mid-foot fusion following missed Lisfranc injury. Incredibly easy to use. Do take time to get the fit perfect. This is going to help me maintain independence after the surgery. I am a mum of two preschoolers and I wouldn't manage with standard crutches as I need spare hands! The service from PegLegs was possibly the best customer service I've ever experienced. Really friendly guy on the phone. I ordered online gone 10pm on a Thursday and it was with me before lunchtime the next day. Recommended without hesitation!"
"I have only just tried the iwalk after ankle surgery, and it seems great. It’s a bit bulky, but I see why it needs to be. So much better than crutches. It will take a bit of practise but is not hard to use. My dog is really looking forward to me using it more."
"I am very pleased I ordered the I-walk 2.0 from Peglegs. I had messaged for it to be delivered the same day and got a phone call from the company about doing that. However, I decided to just have normal delivery and it can the next day in the morning. Very pleased with the speed of the order and personal service. Thank you."
"Excellent service I bought thinking I was going to be non weight bearing after surgery but this changed, I contacted peglegs and they were happy for the item to be returned. I would recommend their products and service"
"Having broke my leg in 3 places and being in plaster for 7 weeks and non weight bearing - the peg leg gave me great independence to move around the house on two legs - for anyone in a similar situation this is a fantastic product"
"Very quick delivery good product"
"very pleased with product very quick delivery"
"As a recent below-knee amputee this is a great physio aid as well as a mobility tool. Set-up is easy, as is use. The instructions are simple and straightforward to follow."
"Sadly the peg leg is not going to work for me because I have a knee problem and it turns out I can’t use it, but it’s a great piece of kit, easy to put together, and the delivery was prompt and efficient. I am envious of those it does work for because I can see that it would make a great difference to my 6 weeks non weight-bearing following ankle surgery in January."
"Excellent service, fast delivery"
"Helpful, considerate service"
"I cannot fault the service from Peglegs UK As regards to the product iWALK2.0 I am getting used to it . The main criticism that I have is that the padding on the knee platform is very hard and unyielding which could soon cause sores, which is overcome by extra padding. Apart from that I am pleased with my purchase. Time will tell."
Once you have built up confidence on the iWALK you can afford to add more padding to the knee platform. Some users have good results with pet bedding sheet like VetBed, available on eBay very cheaply.
"The service was fast, organised and clear. The pegleg is well made. Unfortunately, didn't get on with it, i think this was due to other medical issues, seperate from the damaged ankle. Pegleg sent a link so I could choose a return courier and on return promptly refunded the cost. The pegleg is a very well made product. Clear set-up and return videos."
Just for clarification, courier charges for returns are at the buyer's expense, not ours. We refund the original price of the iWALK, excluding any extra delivery charge, such as Saturday delivery or shipment to the Channel Islands or Isle of Man by Royal Mail Special Delivery
"This would be a great bit of kit if only the straps didn't constantly slip. The fitting instructions say the main one never needs adjustment, only the one for fine tuning, which needs adjustment each time you put the thing on. But the reality is that the main ones slip constantly when the crutch is being used, making it extremely difficult to walk."
This is a known issue for a few users. The manufacturer has issued a video on a quick, easy and free fix for it. https://youtu.be/l9Hj9YtUQPU

Please give us a call if you have a problem as we usually can help!
"I am now 6 weeks post a fracture to my tib and, with my plaster recently off, I have come to the end of my use for my i-walk. However, whilst I very rarely feel I want to offer to review of a product this is definitely the exception. When I broke my leg and the doctor told me I would need to be non-weight bearing for 6 weeks and given a pair of crutches, I thought you’re having a laugh. It may be OK for someone whose a size 8 to be able to place all their weight on one leg and 2 hands but I am not, and this just was not going to work for me. I suddenly realised that my exceedingly hectic life running my own business as well as organising my 4 children’s lives and our animals, including a horse, two ponies, a dog and four cats, was going to be no mean feat not only without 2 feet, but without hands too. I was desperate! I went on line, thinking that I might be able to find a ‘deluxe’ pair of crutches, suitably ergonomically designed not to cripple my hands (as well as my leg) and came across the i-walk. I thought for a while this was too good to be true but after watching all the videos I thought it had to be worth giving it a go. I broke my leg Wednesday morning, ordered the iwalk Wednesday night and it arrived the next day, along with a lovely email from Jerry, who I indeed called and chatted for some time with quite late Wednesday evening just to check how it actually worked. The instructions were incredibly straight forward, plus there were loads of very helpful videos, as well as knowing Jerry was there if I needed any extra advice. All amazing service! The iwalk brought normality back into my life as well as being able to get back to sharing the daily household tasks with my husband, caring for the family and working. At last I was no longer totally reliant on others for even the simplest of things, like making a coffee. I could just get up and go and get my own coffee and then take it back to my desk to drink whilst I worked - yay!! I was able to cook for the family, tidy the kitchen, go up and down stairs, carry something in my hand whilst walking along ….. all the things that you don’t realise are totally impossible until you have to start using crutches. Even going around the hospital was just exhausting on crutches (although I refused to resort to a wheelchair). However, what has been truly amazing, has been how it has allowed me to help with the horses. Within a week I was back out in the yard mucking out, feeding, changing the horses rugs, picking out feet, leading to and from the fields, putting up jumps for my daughter in the menage – the works. The horses did think I was a bit weird and certainly I was a bit slow, however, they were really sweet and slowed their pace down in line with my speed. Two weeks or so after I’d broken my leg my daughter was competing over 3 days at a national school’s championship event and she was so excited to have qualified for so many classes. Initially I wondered how I would cope as my husband was unable to stay with us the weekend. However, with the iwalk it was just amazing. My husband would drive us to the event each day and leave us there until evening. I managed to find my way to climb in and out of the lorry (which is quite a climb with very steep metal steps), tack up the pony, walk to and from the arenas and even sort out the practice fences for the show-jumping. When I went to check how far I’d walked over the weekend, it was 10kms! In fact, other than looking like Long John Silver and feeling like I needed a parrot on my shoulder, the iwalk has allowed me to lead an almost normal life, whilst continuing to allow my broken leg the time it needed to heal. There is almost nothing that I have been unable to do, other than obvious things like driving! I’ve walked around London, been to the theatre, been out for meals, worked, looked after the family, the animals, just everything. I can’t say it wasn’t tiring or that it wasn’t awkward at times, but there have been ways around things. It sounds a bit corny, but it really did give me my life back. Thank you. It’s a great product and I can’t believe more people aren’t aware of it. I work in the field of pain management and am regularly talking to physios and hardly any have even heard of it let alone had any experience of it. Personally, I think it should be available in every hospital and every ortho clinic! It won’t be for everyone, but it was certainly a life saver for me. I hope this helps,"
"Yesterday I was able to stand and play my cornet for the Christmas Carols at Church - my new ‘peg leg’ made that possible after rupturing my Achilles a month ago. Wish I’d got it two weeks earlier!"
Brilliant! I don't suppose you have a photo we could use?
"This is my second stint of non-weight bearing this year and I really couldn't face crutches again. I was cautious about ordering the iWalk due to my height though and being unsure whether it would fit me. I received very helpful advice prior to ordering including being offered a 2 week money-back trial. I absolutely love the freedom it has given me and would wholeheartedly recommend."
"I ordered a Pegleg and was pleased when it arrived the next day. However, due to a broken tibia and fibula, as well as a trimalleolar fracture of ankle, my Consultant advised me that this was not suitable for me - so sadly I had to return it. Had prompt full refund. Cannot recommend the service from Peglegs highly enough, if only......!"
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 373 reviews