Peglegs UK Reviews

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
Read Peglegs UK Reviews

jerry@peglegs.co.uk

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy
So I'm general a very active person. I work as a tree surgeon and a Triathlon swimming coach. Having ruptured my Achilles tendon and now not able to weight bare on my leg for 6 weeks or more. I didn't relies how restrictive crutches can be.
Everyone uses the example of not being able to do simple tasks like being able to carry cup of tea.
With the iwalker it goes a little way to give me some independence back as it allows me to move without needing to use my hands, freeing them up so I can carry things.
I've found the iwalk much better for travelling longer distances then using crutches as leg muscle are more stronger. But you wouldn't want to wear the iwalk all day as puts to much pressure on your knee. I've found I can cover shorter distances faster on crutches. But going slower is acceptable given that iwalk as I said gives you back some independence.
Being a family man, it's not just me that has suffered my injury but my family too. They were having to give up time to help me out. Having the iwalk has enabled me to do more which has been better for them my family, and has enabled me to consider being able to do more stuff with the kids.
Would fully recommend iwalker.
Totally liberating. An instant hit after foot surgery resulting in no weight bearing for 6 weeks.
Excellent before and after sales service. Thank you so much Jerry Jones for your professionalism and kindness throughout. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
I ordered an iwalk 2.0 from PegLegs UK and asked for an urgent delivery as I had just broken my foot. Jerry Jones @ PegLegs was extremely helpful and I received confirmation that the delivery would be the next day. In the meantime I was advised that this was not suitable for my type of injury as I have an ongoing knee problem so contacted Jerry and asked if I could possibly cancel the order even though it was en route. Jerry arranged this and could not have been more helpful at what was a difficult time. I wouldn't hesitate to use this company again and cannot thank Jerry enough for his exceptional customer service and kindness. Claire Leslie
Was a quick delivery, and using it already. A great way to stay upright and mobile
Wow! I’ve just had reconstructive surgery on my lower ankle and foot , metal work, ligament reconstruction and tendon sheath repair! I’ve 4 children and can not weight bare at all for 6 weeks or accidentally weight bare! The peg leg has made this bearable and I’ve been able to get on with making meals and getting around safely whilst not weight bearing! I honestly could not have managed and would have been depressed without the peg leg! Stairs are safer and actually crutches cause my leg to throb in the downward position where it is still raised to a degree in the peg leg! Well worth every penny thank you peg legs UK!!!!
At first I thought this device was a godsend. I have 2 weeks in a cast non-weight-bearing after ankle surgery. This device made it possible for me to stand and walk, so I can cook and do household tasks. However, after only 2 days light use the stitching on the strap at the front of the knee has almost completely unravelled, so that strap can no longer be used. I have tied a sock around it as a substitute strap so I can still use the But I am now concerned that the stitching quality may be poor and cause other straps to disintegrate, which would render the pegleg un-useable or unsafe.
Excellent next day delivery to Scottish Highlands. Have ruptured Achilles tendon and it gets me about as could not use crutches. Very easy to use.
Several people who have seen it in action were surprised and said they would have benefited from it if they had known it existed, instead of crutches.
Thank you.
Absolutely outstanding customer service.Dave was so helpful in every way.
The iwalk 2.0 is a game changer, it’s enabled me to get around, up stairs and potter around the house which is amazed I cannot weight best on my left leg for 4/6 weeks.

Amazing thank you Peglegs ❤️❤️❤️
It's not as easy as I thought it would be, I just need to practice more. But I love it, it truly is a great piece of kit at an affordable price. All I need now is a parrot...Or maybe a seagull...(coming from British West Hartlepool!)
Please don't mention "Monkeyhanger"
Broke my leg in two places just above and either side of my ankle. Elbow crutches were so painful and impractical so I did some research and came across the iwalk 2.0...was very sceptical but desperation forced me to buy. It's not perfect but it has made a huge difference to my mobility. I've had it for about a week and I'm pretty confident walking around, getting up and down stairs (so long as said stairs have a rail). It allows me to carry things whilst walking. On the second day I'd even mowed the lawn! On the minus side, mine has developed an annoying creak and the straps do work loose occasionally. As others have mentioned, it does put a lot of pressure on the knee and shin and I couldn't walk for too long...but on the whole, I'm really pleased and wouldn't be without it. The iWalk is far superior to crutches and I'd highly recommend it particularly to no-weight bearing patients. Delivery was quick too.
I broke my right ankle at the start of July, at the same time I sprained my left ankle. With a week I'd had an operation on my right ankle to insert pins and realign, ready for the healing to begin. Sent home with crutches, and instructions not to weight bear on my right foot for the next six weeks! Quickly I realised life was going to be impossible!! As my left ankle suffered to bear all the strain, I became more and more frustrated. As an active, independent self employed business owner, with a family to care for, being laid up on the sofa all day was just not me! So I hired a wheelchair from my local redcross and a knee scooter, these gave me small "steps" back to independence, but buying my i-walk, changed the game! The i-walk gave me real independence, it has enabled me to put equal pressure across my body, not all my weight on my left leg is so good. I can go freely around the home doing the tasks I would normally do, I am able to get myself properly ready for the day, makeup on and hair straightened for the first time in weeks! And most importantly we have been able to go on holiday, not our fly cruise as originally planned, due to a no fly ban from my surgeon! But a holiday in the UK, as it was a last minute booking we were unable to get accommodation for a wheelchair, or with handrails in shower, but with the i-walk I didn't need these. Managing the steps into the accommodation with ease, getting around as if I was fully mobile again has taken this inforced period of "downtime" much more bearable. I did "um n err" for a couple of days before I purchased the i-walk, all I can say is DO IT, take the time to fit it correctly and watch the videos, take your time getting around and confidence will come along with a freedom that a wheelchair, crutches or knee scooter can not provide!
I only used this for about 4 weeks but it was worth every penny. When in similar situations after previous operations I have struggled. The iwalk made it so very much easier to manage jobs and move about. As a 75 year old I can happily recommend this to anyone
I chose peglegs in particular on the recommendation of a friend when I had mentioned my father was having a foot operation. he had used the iWalk 2.0 and had bought through Peglegs.
The long and short is, the price matched everything else on the market, the delivery was very quick(next working day), the packaging was sound and the communication from he owner/MD/Manager was good(and on a sunday!)
Would happily recommend the company and sincerely hope there is no necessity to become a repeat customer!
Thank you so much for getting my knee crutch to me next day! It’s an absolute game changer. I broke my foot two days ago and was finding it impossible to care for my toddler and young child in a boot and ordinary crutches. Now I can move about the house almost as well as usual!
I am really very impressed with your service, thanks again!
Having fractured my ankle the week before my wedding the iWalk2.0 from peglegs was a real-life saviour.
Can’t over-state the value in this product. After fracturing my ankle I was non weight bearing for 9 weeks or so. Crutches restrict your mobility, but with this, I could walk the dogs, (or tag along at least), cook, go unto the office, carry coffee etc etc. All the mundane things that are difficult with crutches. It lets you get on with life. And as a bonus, the customer service was excellent.
Hands free, great buy for my injury
Absolutely top class service from this company.
Helpful advice given both before and after purchase.
Cannot recommend highly enough
2 weeks ago I ruptured my achilles tendon, after doing lots of research on the injury I came across this product ! The reviews were good, I found approximately 80% of users were satisfied with the iWalk.

I called the supplier 'Peglegs UK' and asked them about there returns policy, I received a call back from a gentlemen who I found to be rather rude. My question was genuine as I didn't want to be in the 20% and find I couldn't use the iWalk and not have the opportunity to return the unit. Apparently you have 15 days which I thought to be fair despite the representatives attitude on the call.

I ordered a unit and it arrived the next day. It changed my 'injured' life ! However, I suspect I didn't get a brand new one no one had used, the foam looked like someone had been on it for a few days and I had a few scratches to the frame which left me feeling a little disappointed especially after the call from the guy who stated if you return you must return in tidy state so we can sell it on. You should probably make your customers aware your units may have possibly been used / tried by another.

I could cook, help with the children and do the day to day stuff. It also allowed me to have a good time on holiday, I walked all over Centre Parcs and now preparing to hit Bulguria in a couple of weeks. It's really helped with the tasks of day to day life and relieved the burden on my wife should I have continued with the cumbersome crutches.

Expect lots of stares and confused faces, the public are not ready for this product, I had a few nice folk ask about the unit which I was happy to explain. The only other thing I'd mention is the knee pain you may experience if you're on the iWalk for a long period, it can be uncomfortable and leave you feeling sore and thats not down to the padding it's the position of your knee and the weight bearing down into that point of your body.

I'd highly recommend this product, just don't ask about the returns policy ! :)
I'm sorry that your experience was less than perfect and have raised the question with my colleague who dealt with your call and with the person responsible for processing returned units, which is meant to return them to an as-new condition for sale. I can only apologise that this was not done in your case.
Peglegs UK is rated 4.80 based on 440 reviews