Peglegs UK Reviews

Peglegs UK 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Michael Williams
Peglegs UK 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Michael Williams
Very good device I have four children and in a single mum. Only down side you can't sit with it as it's quite heavy and you do have to be very steady on it but I would not have coped without it.
The prospect of 10 weeks on crutches left me a bit cold so I looked for other options and came across the iwalk2 and after asking a couple of questions, very quickly answered by Jerry (thank you) and reviewing the videos I decided it was the ideal thing for me. I've now had it for a week and have to say it is so much better than crutches. I was getting myself a cup of tea within 10 minutes of putting it together and was up and down the stairs after that to get some laundry done...all those things that become remarkably difficult on crutches. You may well need to augment the padding a bit of you are going to be on it all day and I then had to adjust when I had a full cast to replace the back slab and found the edge of the cast was digging into my shin. I used an old back protector from a motorcycle jacket which has proved to be ideal so far. I think I will also need to upgrade the knee strap as that does rub maybe some sort of sheepskin cover might help that I have time to experiment!
As I am a below knee amputee it's going to save my arms a lot from using my crutches. I found the leg rest a bit too long. If it was redesigned for amputee users it would be absolutely perfect. I know a lot who would agree. Fantastic invention with a little tweak it would open a huge new market to below knee amputees. I would be delighted to be one of the first to try. Thanks Melody Petersen
Great product, well made and gives you back your independence. quick delivery
An excellent device that indeed allows you to walk without crutches, frees up your hands and most importantly keeps weight of of the injured foot. Wearing it with an Airwalker boot so I do have to add extra padding below knee as top of boot bruises knee. You do have to take it off to sit down which is not quite as quick release as I would have liked. slightly longer straps on the smaller adjusters would be useful. Nevertheless an excellent product and well with the investment.
From opening the box to trying it on took only a few minutes, getting the straps to the correct length took longer but the results exceeded my expectations. Quality engineering and a useful guide on usage resulted in a painless first walk. My lower leg is not in a cast and with the straps needing to be tight I did experience some numbness, maybe additional padding is required to allow frequent use without the lower leg becoming numb! In all a very well designed aid to anyone with a lower leg problem, now for a game of golf. Many thanks to your team.
This is a good idea, but takes quite a lot of practice to learn to walk with it. Good instruction booklet supplied, and also good advice on You Tube. Unfortunately, as I have spinal problems as well as an injured foot, it hurts my back after a short while, so cannot be used for long periods. This is probably due to the fact that I have been walking badly for approximately 6 months. Hopefully this will gradually improve.
Delivery of the iWalk 2 was very speedy indeed, and made life in the house on crutches bearable. Despite how easy it all looked on videos, and indeed it is quite straightforward, the leg I found a bit unstable when it was wet underfoot and not the best outdoors in UK climate. Round the house it's invaluable!
I am extremely pleased with my iWalk 2. It has made a huge difference mobility-wise. The only thing i would suggest is making tge straps easier to adjust and take on and off. Once you have adjusted the straps tightly and securely as directed, it is very difficult to remove. I would suggest something similar to the clips on ski boots duo that once adjusted correctly you can snap in and out more easily. Other than that it is an fabulous and ingenious product!!
I wonder if you are using the grey tensioning buckles correctly - they change the length of the straps instantly by about two inches, allowing you to easily attach them to and release them from their connectors. You should be able to put on or take off the iWALK in about 20 seconds with practice once it is correctly adjusted.
The response and customer service I received was very good. Idle to a change in my diagnosis I didn't need to use the iWalker but did trial it around the house for a few days and found it a good product. Few issues with comfort of knee rest but easily fixed using anything sort underneath.
Unfortunately I never really learnt to trust the iWalk2.0 so I actually never really used it but I think had I had the time to train a bit more the thing would have been of real help to me while I had my foot in cast. As it so happens I ended up twisting the knee of the other foot (without the cast, the one I was supposed to use for walking) and had to have an operation on it. So at the end I had to be still for weeks:-(. But that second accident had nothing to do with the iWalk2.0, just explaining why I never really then used it. Best regards, Caroline Mamia Helsinki, Finland
Peglegs was a bit intimidating at first for me following surgery for a three bone ankle break (Trimalleolar fracture). But as I grew braver (and stronger) it got better and better.
My husband used this whilst waiting for his prosthetic following a below knee amputation, it was great. It enabled him to get about, indoors and out , gave him much more independence than being in his wheelchair. A wonderful idea and should be promoted more by NHS. Hopefully won't need to use it too much now but we've kept it just in case he isn't able to wear his prosthetic at any time. Thanks - a simple idea but then many good ones are!
I found this to be a godsend. After I broke my leg, I had huge problems getting up and down stairs on crutches and had resorted to scooting up and down on my backside. The iWalk meant I could get up and down whilst standing, and made a huge difference to how mobile I was. It also allowed me to go to see a show, and to return to work. Obviously, the time you can wear the iWalk for is really dependent on how long you can kneel for, but even with that limitation, it really helped.
Peglegs UK is rated 4.80 based on 456 reviews