Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Absolutely outstanding customer service.Dave was so helpful in every way. The iwalk 2.0 is a game changer, it’s enabled me to get around, up stairs and potter around the house which is amazed I cannot weight best on my left leg for 4/6 weeks. Amazing thank you Peglegs ❤️❤️❤️"
"It's not as easy as I thought it would be, I just need to practice more. But I love it, it truly is a great piece of kit at an affordable price. All I need now is a parrot...Or maybe a seagull...(coming from British West Hartlepool!) Please don't mention "Monkeyhanger""
"Broke my leg in two places just above and either side of my ankle. Elbow crutches were so painful and impractical so I did some research and came across the iwalk 2.0...was very sceptical but desperation forced me to buy. It's not perfect but it has made a huge difference to my mobility. I've had it for about a week and I'm pretty confident walking around, getting up and down stairs (so long as said stairs have a rail). It allows me to carry things whilst walking. On the second day I'd even mowed the lawn! On the minus side, mine has developed an annoying creak and the straps do work loose occasionally. As others have mentioned, it does put a lot of pressure on the knee and shin and I couldn't walk for too long...but on the whole, I'm really pleased and wouldn't be without it. The iWalk is far superior to crutches and I'd highly recommend it particularly to no-weight bearing patients. Delivery was quick too."
"I broke my right ankle at the start of July, at the same time I sprained my left ankle. With a week I'd had an operation on my right ankle to insert pins and realign, ready for the healing to begin. Sent home with crutches, and instructions not to weight bear on my right foot for the next six weeks! Quickly I realised life was going to be impossible!! As my left ankle suffered to bear all the strain, I became more and more frustrated. As an active, independent self employed business owner, with a family to care for, being laid up on the sofa all day was just not me! So I hired a wheelchair from my local redcross and a knee scooter, these gave me small "steps" back to independence, but buying my i-walk, changed the game! The i-walk gave me real independence, it has enabled me to put equal pressure across my body, not all my weight on my left leg is so good. I can go freely around the home doing the tasks I would normally do, I am able to get myself properly ready for the day, makeup on and hair straightened for the first time in weeks! And most importantly we have been able to go on holiday, not our fly cruise as originally planned, due to a no fly ban from my surgeon! But a holiday in the UK, as it was a last minute booking we were unable to get accommodation for a wheelchair, or with handrails in shower, but with the i-walk I didn't need these. Managing the steps into the accommodation with ease, getting around as if I was fully mobile again has taken this inforced period of "downtime" much more bearable. I did "um n err" for a couple of days before I purchased the i-walk, all I can say is DO IT, take the time to fit it correctly and watch the videos, take your time getting around and confidence will come along with a freedom that a wheelchair, crutches or knee scooter can not provide!"
"I only used this for about 4 weeks but it was worth every penny. When in similar situations after previous operations I have struggled. The iwalk made it so very much easier to manage jobs and move about. As a 75 year old I can happily recommend this to anyone"
"I chose peglegs in particular on the recommendation of a friend when I had mentioned my father was having a foot operation. he had used the iWalk 2.0 and had bought through Peglegs. The long and short is, the price matched everything else on the market, the delivery was very quick(next working day), the packaging was sound and the communication from he owner/MD/Manager was good(and on a sunday!) Would happily recommend the company and sincerely hope there is no necessity to become a repeat customer!"
"Thank you so much for getting my knee crutch to me next day! It’s an absolute game changer. I broke my foot two days ago and was finding it impossible to care for my toddler and young child in a boot and ordinary crutches. Now I can move about the house almost as well as usual! I am really very impressed with your service, thanks again!"
"Having fractured my ankle the week before my wedding the iWalk2.0 from peglegs was a real-life saviour."
"Can’t over-state the value in this product. After fracturing my ankle I was non weight bearing for 9 weeks or so. Crutches restrict your mobility, but with this, I could walk the dogs, (or tag along at least), cook, go unto the office, carry coffee etc etc. All the mundane things that are difficult with crutches. It lets you get on with life. And as a bonus, the customer service was excellent."
"Hands free, great buy for my injury"
"Absolutely top class service from this company. Helpful advice given both before and after purchase. Cannot recommend highly enough"
"2 weeks ago I ruptured my achilles tendon, after doing lots of research on the injury I came across this product ! The reviews were good, I found approximately 80% of users were satisfied with the iWalk. I called the supplier 'Peglegs UK' and asked them about there returns policy, I received a call back from a gentlemen who I found to be rather rude. My question was genuine as I didn't want to be in the 20% and find I couldn't use the iWalk and not have the opportunity to return the unit. Apparently you have 15 days which I thought to be fair despite the representatives attitude on the call. I ordered a unit and it arrived the next day. It changed my 'injured' life ! However, I suspect I didn't get a brand new one no one had used, the foam looked like someone had been on it for a few days and I had a few scratches to the frame which left me feeling a little disappointed especially after the call from the guy who stated if you return you must return in tidy state so we can sell it on. You should probably make your customers aware your units may have possibly been used / tried by another. I could cook, help with the children and do the day to day stuff. It also allowed me to have a good time on holiday, I walked all over Centre Parcs and now preparing to hit Bulguria in a couple of weeks. It's really helped with the tasks of day to day life and relieved the burden on my wife should I have continued with the cumbersome crutches. Expect lots of stares and confused faces, the public are not ready for this product, I had a few nice folk ask about the unit which I was happy to explain. The only other thing I'd mention is the knee pain you may experience if you're on the iWalk for a long period, it can be uncomfortable and leave you feeling sore and thats not down to the padding it's the position of your knee and the weight bearing down into that point of your body. I'd highly recommend this product, just don't ask about the returns policy ! :)"
I'm sorry that your experience was less than perfect and have raised the question with my colleague who dealt with your call and with the person responsible for processing returned units, which is meant to return them to an as-new condition for sale. I can only apologise that this was not done in your case.
"Fantastic customer support all the way from pre-order to replacement parts. As a recent below knee amputee, the iWalk 2.0 not only gives me back some of my independence before I receive my prosthetic, it helps with my physiotherapy rehabilitation, for this part I cannot praise it enough. And as far as usability goes, once assembled within 30 minutes of practice I was heading out of the door after 2 months of being wheelchair bound."
"So, I ordered my iWalk on Wednesday last week and within 24 hours it had arrived. What fantastic servuce. Had set the natty little device up within half an hour and very easy to put together. No tools and easy to follow instructions. Now down to the nitty gritty of the product. Sadly I had an below the knee amputation on May 2nd 2019, so I had the iwalk attached to my leg exactly nine weeks after my operation. I was excited to try the device out and literally within the hour I had a cup of coffee in one hand and the other and the grip of the iWalk in the other and walked from my kitchen to my lounge. What an absolutely gem of a product. So that was Thursday, and we carried on walking and practising on the driveway Thursday and Friday evening, in small 10 minute sessions. Saturday saw the arrival of my adapted car so, so much mobility in a short space of time. The leg allows me to get to and from the car and with the easy release clips on the iWalk it allows me they in and out of the car with little messing around. So now a week later I can walk completely hands free and carry two cups from my kitchen to my lounge, out the shopping away, wash up, and even stand up for a wee. Some things you miss when you aren't able to do them, but the iWalk it gives you your mobility, confidence and independence back, I can't praise it enough. Negatives are minimal for me, and I am sure both of these things will get easier the more I use it. 1. Not easy to bend down with it on and 2. A little uncomfortable on the knee if worn for around 20 minutes. Dual density foam may .need to be thicker, especially where the leg rises in the underneath of the knee rest. Overall though, five star. Thankyou."
I'm glad it's working so well for you, Roy. As regards comfort of the knee platform foam pad, now you are confident on the iWALK, I suggest you get hold of some fleecy veterinary bedding material from eBay and use it between your knee and the platform.
"Product arrived very quickly and was exactly as described. I had entered postcode incorrectly and got a phone call very soon to clarify and allow next day delivery. Thanks!!"
"Just a quick note to say how this product is a game changer for people with a broken ankle. I realised very early on that crutches were going to be very restrictive when it came to functioning prior to my ankle injury, not to mention the potential dangers of getting up and down the stairs. The iwalk 2.0 is an ingenious idea and has allowed me to return to work and function around the house as well as outdoors. I would go as far as to say it will speed up my recovery time as the potential for further injury on crutches is massive."
"It was without a doubt the best thing that I got. It was amazing. I went from not being able to go and make myself breakfast to going to the shops and cinema within a few days of having it. Changed my outlook after my heel broke and made me feel more independent. Thought when I was looking at it the price was high but honestly the amount of freedom it gave me was beyond imaginable and I would pay it again in a heart beat. Only thing I had to get used to was the hundreds of people looking at me and countless people asking me about it."
"Got sent my iwalk 2.0 extremely rapidly- which was great as was desperate over the bank holiday weekend! Great condition and brilliant product- saved me from the drudgery of crutches..thanks. But it got better than that one of the thigh support plastic moldings snapped after 6 weeks, I sent an email to Jerry at 5pm and had a replacement part the next day- amazing service and backup. The product itself has saved me- only minor grudge is the padding cuts into my cast edge below knee (at op of shin) not sure how to solve this.. one.."
"no comment"
"I have purchased the iwalk2.0 for a relative in Romania who due to an ankle injury and subsequent operation has been prevented from using the affected foot for three months. The iwalk2.0 has given him most of the mobility and independence . We are pleased to say the product does what it says."
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 372 reviews