Barrhead Travel Reviews

55% of reviewers recommend Barrhead Travel
Live Chat

How would you rate Barrhead Travel ?

"I felt my needs were specialized being based in Spain. I had tried online myself and gave up. Your service was efficient, courteous and got me what l wanted. I was delighted with Lindsay who helped me without patronizing me!"
"First class service. This the 2nd holiday this year that we have booked with Barrhead in Falkirk. Both time we have had Denise who listens to what you want and manages to give you a choice of hotels and destinations that cater to your need, we have decided that Barrhead Travel is the best"
"usually used a local travel company in Essex but price quoted was a lot more than what we wanted to pay, so we shopped around and spoke to Gregory at Barrhead travel Glasgow. told him what we wanted, business class on plane, Calgary stampede, rocky mountaineer gold leaf from Jasper to Vancouver and more excursions, his price came back a lot cheaper than our local T/A, plus he added a Alaskan cruise at the end with a drinks package and $300.00 to spend on the ship. and still it was cheaper than our T/A and also included 7 more days with the added excursions. i must admit i was a bit skeptical about the price and the amount he was quoting. I did pester him with lots of phone calls, he always answered my calls and questions with no problems. he is a very knowledgeable man and nothing was to much trouble. everything we did was first class and finished with a stretch limo to the airport {just me and the wife in the car}. Greg did us proud would definitely use Barrhead again but ask for Gregory"
"First time I used Barrhead Travel for a cruise and was impressed with everything they checked throughout and would recommend if you get the treatment we got am sure you would be happy"
"Have used Barrhead quite a few times now to book cruises found staff really helpful & able to answer any queries we have had. Everything came within plenty of time. We had a fantastic time &I have already used Barrhead for our next up coming cruise"
"We didn't even get our flight. Rubbish. I was in for 1 hour for two days and got nothing. Yeah. One of the ''900 expert workers'' forgot to even save the flights. Absolutely terrible customer service."
"All inclusive holiday with no restaurant in hotel. Ended up in 5 rooms in 3 hotels in 3 days. Smashed sinks, lights hanging off the wall with bare wires, dirty sheets, used tampons and dirty nappies on roof under our balcony. Will never book with them again. Barrhead refusing compensation for 85 year old mother, myself and my disabled son"
"Hi went to Germany hotel ok when book asked for city centre then found out was 20 mins away we got comp of £100pounds when we got there the transfer took us to wrong hotel had to pay 30for a taxis and had to return back to get transfer to airport another 30 Euro had to get train and bus to get to city centre what a nightmare when don’t speak German at hotel the did not have a restaurant there was nowhere to eat there was a burger king wow so was in room at night with nothing to do but watch German tv not good in hands of your complaint dept"
"After spending over THREE HOURS talking to a rep, our holiday still was far from what we wanted. Our main annoyance, was that our taxi was not at the airport to meet us in Portugal. We spent ages trying to phone Barrhead Travel back in the UK, and yet more time waiting for another cab. I'll never book with them again, - in fact, listening to friend's experiences, I would say AVOID."
"My family booked a tui holiday to Cape Verde with Barrhead travel. After booking my daughter became pregnant and was medically advised not to travel to Cape Verde due to it having the zica virus. We informed Barrhead travel and this is where the fun began. We were checking other tui holidays in Europe that we could transfer to online and quoting Barrhead travel the prices being advertised. Barrhead then started quoting us prices which were astronomically higher than what was being advertised online with tui. Barrhead were blaming tui and tui were blaming Barrhead. Finally after months of backwards and forwards between the 2 we finally settled for an all inclusive holiday in Greece which was grossly overpriced but our holiday was drawing ever closer and we had to book something. My family and I book regularly with Barrhead travel but this experience has left a sour taste in all of our mouths and we won't be booking with them again"
"Quick to take my money but when I cancel my holiday I’m still waiting for a refund 3 months on!! Saying that it was an oversight and they didn’t no anything about it! Yet there still never seems to be a manager available to process my refund..will not be using again!"
"Worst travel company ever, will sell anything and lie just to make money, not interested in customers wants needs or service .....poorest service I have ever received! DON’T BOOK YOUR HIDAY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!"
"Such a bad service, before we paid so friendly, after... Nothing was working properly. They book our flights with the wrong names, liars the hotel was not centric (we had to spend a fortune getting to town everyday), they did not tell us we had to book our flight sits, and I could keep going on... Definitely NEVER AGAIN."
"I booked a New York trip with Leanne Kerr in Dundee (online),in Feb. All my requirements were met,within budget,satisfactorily. Holiday went without a hitch..though hotel didn't acknowledge wife's birthday ...... I would use Barrhead Travel again."
"The level of service from start to finish was excellent. Kirsty go us everything within our budget with great location and good quality hotels. A dream holiday was created for us and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Barrhead travel to friends and family. The flights were excellent and everything went as planned. A huge thank you to Kirsty Rush for organising this for us."
"We booked several holiday/ cruises with Barrhead travel Silverburn and was pleased with the service, but I have a very different opinion this time, not sure if the staff have changed but the customer service certainly has. Certainly will not use this branch again."
"Staff at Clydebank especially Claire put together a fantastic if not brilliant holiday for my husband and I. We travelled overland from Glasgow to Lourdes. stayed in the Galla Londres for eight nights and it was an experience we will not forget absolutely amazing. We travelled from Glasgow to London then onto France on the Eurostar ,then to Lourdes. The schedule was drawn up in such a way we had plenty of time to get to each train. The planning of this journey was absolutely brilliant. With Barrhead Travel Clydebank we knew we would get a great holiday but they really surpassed themselves. Thanx again guys. John and Mary Carroll."
"easy to book online"
"always use barrhead travel never let me down always get me what I'm looking for and always within budget"
"I have booked with Barrhead Travel several times and have found them very helpful. In particular May Malcolm at the St Vincent St store has been excellent. My bookings have been varied and May has always been able to offer good advice and the prices are very competitive. I fully intend to return to Barrhead Travel and to May Malcolm in particular and would recommend others do the same."
Barrhead Travel is rated 3.24 based on 147 reviews