Barrhead Travel Reviews

57% of reviewers recommend Barrhead Travel

How would you rate Barrhead Travel?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Booked cruise to New Zealand with Barr head Gyle branch - 2 nights hotel pre-cruise in Auckland and 2 nights post cruise in Sydney. All went well until we noticed that agent had booked hotel in Sydney supposedly 'near Darling harbour ' fortunately we know Sydney and when checking paperwork - hotel was in suburb of Parramatta which is 30 K from city centre ! To add insult it was non- refundable. We booked a more suitable hotel at cost to ourselves which was excellent then discovered that Barrhead had booked our private transfer to airport for 12 md --- flight left at 10 pm ! 30 min drive from hotel to airport -on querying at store we were told to phone and change times when we were in hotel - this proved impossible as agent insisted that Barrhead had to do from UK ! Gave up and got taxi at more cost ! To date had very little satisfaction from manager at Gyle branch"
"I paid for selected seats only to find that on checking in 14 days ahead of the flight there were no seats together available. I could only have seats that were rows apart. The company blamed me by saying I should have checked in 90 days prior to the flight. What they failed to see is that payment should guarantee selection otherwise why pay? This company treats customers with contempt. I have asked advice from ABTA and await their reply"
Disappointed Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"I went into Barrhead Travel with the intention of booking a summer holiday. I got the impression that the sales advisor was completely disinterested and the options offered didn’t match what I had asked for. I was advised that she would email some other ideas for holiday but that didn’t happen. Don’t waste your time , use another agent or book online."
"Went into the Silverburn branch looking to book a family holidaty. We walked out in the end as the girl who was meant to be serving us was worse than useless. Sat looking at her screen for nearly 20 minutes and nothing! Complete waste of time."
Brown Edinburgh
Verified Reviewer
"Since I booked a holiday last year art a cost of £10.000 plus I have experienced no end of problems, as I would have lost my deposit of £3000 id I had cancelled I carried on with the booking.Tried to charge me for holiday insurance which I never asked for then argued about getting a refund saying that I Must have asked for it, always getting different people to deal with no continuity, different info from different people mostly wrong. The last straw was on my return we travelled premium economy to Miami and the should have been on to Edinburgh no flights due o the bad weather,so BA put us on the Glasgow flight in economy and despite BA saying we were due a refund from our travel agent Barrhead as we should have been in class they are adamant that we are not, going to send a recorded delivery letter to their MD.DO NOT use then they are worse that useless They don't even know that there a 2 classes of seating in BA local flights Edinburgh to London...not very expert I would suggest"
"Very unhappy asked for the girl who I booked through couldn't get wot I wanted from her asked to speak to her manager still couldn't get wot I wanted from her asked for number for regional manager to be told they can't give it out ...why? No reason just can't give it to me I have now took another step and waiting on a reply ...this was Greenock branch"
"I've not used them as we found better prices. However, if you give them your email address, then you can't get rid of them afterwards as it appears impossible to be removed from their email list."
Clive Ingham
Verified Reviewer
"I recently booked a cruise with Barrhead travel. Very good at the sales end and money collection. Apart from that not interested in helping at all: 1. Getting information on the cruise is very difficult, We leave in April but no idea if they are going to send some kind of information pack about time to check in on the boat, dress code etc etc. I have never been on a cruise before so its all completely new to my wife and I. Spending over £7000 I would expect better. 2. No help on flights 3. No help on Hotels in Barcelona Attitude is get the sale and move on. Would not use again."
"We were promised an upgrade at a very expensive Italian hotel for our 30th wedding anniversary from a representative at Barrhead travel sicerburn branch. They stated that they had 5 internal upgrades they are issued by the company and we would be allocated one if we took up the offer of the holiday. On contacting the branch when the tickets arrived they informed us that all they could do was ask the hotel and nothing was available, If we were told this we probably wouldn’t have booked with them as I had cheaper prices on the internet. We were basically hoodwinked into signing for the holiday ,to all people thinking of using this company be careful as there is a lot of misinformation given to people. I will certainly not use this company again and would strongly urge other holiday hunters to steer clear. Regards."
"Staff and Management good to work with. Senior management and so called Directors leave a lot to be desired!!!! Would not advise anyone to work for such a Company like this!! Once called ''The Low Cost Travel Agent''. Who are they trying to kid??? No proper Tour Companies Invoice and staff getting monies deducted from their salary at time of termination of Employment without notice due to errors or Barrhead Travel ripping customers off,big time!!!"
M&s Hellen Craig
Verified Reviewer
"I booked an all inclusive holiday for myself & 3 grandkids. The youngest was 3. When we arrived. I had to pay €50 for aircom €10 remote. €50 for Wi-Fi. €15 for safe. Also my 3 year old was too young for the club which I was told they had these facilities for him for me to have a few hours on my own. Bear in mind I hadn't been on holiday with 3 kids before .the resort was really expensive & I had to watch every penny. I thought an all inclusive holiday ment all inclusive. I couldn't believe the hidden extras. I feel I should have been informed of all of this. Very disappointed as it cost well over £2000 ."
"Barrhead provided a quote for our holiday and then days later upped the quote by £500 blaming it on cruise line-we checked the prices and there had been no additions to the cruise line. When we contacted Barrhead about this we were met with no replies despite 3 emails asking for explanation. Non existent customer service"
"I recently booked a holiday and then had to pay extra as the person dealing with the booking had made a mistake and told us the wrong information. I would not use them again and in future will book it myself, at least the information will be correct and I won't have to pay for someone else's mistakes."
Susan W Wright
Verified Reviewer
"The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel 14-20 October 2017 The hotel was in a great location, the staff were pleasant, the hotel was in need of refurb, but was clean and rooms were spacious, but....... 384 dollars "facility charge" charged for 2 rooms by hotel (30 dollars + 2dollars tax per room per day)- bill was put under the door at 5am on morning of departure - no mention of this by Barrhead or by hotel on arrival. We felt, having had a contract/booking with Barrhead, and paid for the flights and hotel,and that this was totally wrong - a small tourist tax - fine - but not this amount. One of our party had to pay this by credit card. Spoiled the end of the holiday and we are disappointed that Barrhead Travel would book us into a hotel without informing us/or being aware of such an addition to the cost."
Lesley Rankin
Verified Reviewer
"Booked at trip to New York for a family wedding through dumfries branch hassle free from start to finish, flights from Edinburgh on time and hassle free, millburn hotel 76th street excellent, staff friendly and helpful, 10 mins walk to Central Park 30mins walk Times Square, transfers no problem. Looking to go to Las Vegas next year for daughters wedding so will be going into branch in the next few days for prices."
Lynda Wallace
Verified Reviewer
"The booking itself to Orlando ,which was made 19 months before our holiday was handled very well and I found the person who handled the booking very helpful.This was to be a special holiday for my daughter and myself after several years of 'saving up'.Obviously we were very excited as the date of departure approached.Our holiday,the park tickets and return shuttle transfers from airport to hotel were all fully paid well in advance. Unsure of when to expect our flight and park tickets, I contacted Barrhead Travel to be told we should recieve them three to four weeks prior to departure. When they hadn't arrived I contacted them again, only to be told the previous information was wrong and they should arrive about ten days prior to departure. When they hadn't arrived by Tuesday 26th September and we were flying out on Sunday 1st October, I contacted them for the third time to be told that the tickets had been sent to the branch at The Fort and we should have been contacted. It took several attempts to get through to The Fort as the calls kept getting diverted to The Forge. However when I finally got through, it was to be told that tickets were being sent by courier and they were still waiting for them. In the end I had to take a day off work on the Thursday to collect the flight tickets . Some of the park tickets were not there and they requested I come back later to collect them. This I could not do, but an employee did bring them to my door later that night, for which I was grateful. This being said, the anxiety and stress this delay caused spoilt what should have been an exciting lead up to our holiday. The late arrival of our tickets also meant we could not access certain things eg. Fast Pass for parks until we arrived which was an inconvenience we could have done without On arrival at Orlando airport, information given was to telephone the shuttle transfer on our arrival. We spent thirty minutes trying various telephones and asking for assistance, only to be told by a Thomas Cook rep that it was their job to contact the taxi. The holiday itself was enjoyable but the whole experience could have been improved upon if Barrhead Travel had kept us better informed."
"Their “on hold” info tells you that they have been voted the travel agent of the year by the industry but I beg to differ. They made me pay for a holiday on 23rd of August that I am taking on 14th December and then when I wanted to add parking at Tilbury Dock, a further £44 for four days , they charged me a £1fee to use my Visa Debit Card which is a free service with most other agents. When I protested and said that I would send a cheque instead, on principle, they said sorry we don’t accept cheques. I booked an almost identical mini cruise with another agent which I paid a lot less money for in high season with free parking and only wanted full payment ten weeks before. Moral of the story...... I won’t be using Barrhead Travel again!"
David
"Very helpfull"
"Only looking for a brochure in Ayr branch, very unhappy miserable looking staff, certainly won't be booking with this dire lot 😞😞"
""Staff excellent went out of their way to be helpful had a great holiday apart from the Thomson reps""
Barrhead Travel is rated 3.35 based on 122 reviews