Barrhead Travel Reviews

55% of reviewers recommend Barrhead Travel

How would you rate Barrhead Travel ?

"Quick to take my money but when I cancel my holiday I’m still waiting for a refund 3 months on!! Saying that it was an oversight and they didn’t no anything about it! Yet there still never seems to be a manager available to process my refund..will not be using again!"
"Worst travel company ever, will sell anything and lie just to make money, not interested in customers wants needs or service .....poorest service I have ever received! DON’T BOOK YOUR HIDAY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!"
"Such a bad service, before we paid so friendly, after... Nothing was working properly. They book our flights with the wrong names, liars the hotel was not centric (we had to spend a fortune getting to town everyday), they did not tell us we had to book our flight sits, and I could keep going on... Definitely NEVER AGAIN."
Tom McMillan
Verified Reviewer
"I booked a New York trip with Leanne Kerr in Dundee (online),in Feb. All my requirements were met,within budget,satisfactorily. Holiday went without a hitch..though hotel didn't acknowledge wife's birthday ...... I would use Barrhead Travel again."
"The level of service from start to finish was excellent. Kirsty go us everything within our budget with great location and good quality hotels. A dream holiday was created for us and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Barrhead travel to friends and family. The flights were excellent and everything went as planned. A huge thank you to Kirsty Rush for organising this for us."
"We booked several holiday/ cruises with Barrhead travel Silverburn and was pleased with the service, but I have a very different opinion this time, not sure if the staff have changed but the customer service certainly has. Certainly will not use this branch again."
"Staff at Clydebank especially Claire put together a fantastic if not brilliant holiday for my husband and I. We travelled overland from Glasgow to Lourdes. stayed in the Galla Londres for eight nights and it was an experience we will not forget absolutely amazing. We travelled from Glasgow to London then onto France on the Eurostar ,then to Lourdes. The schedule was drawn up in such a way we had plenty of time to get to each train. The planning of this journey was absolutely brilliant. With Barrhead Travel Clydebank we knew we would get a great holiday but they really surpassed themselves. Thanx again guys. John and Mary Carroll."
Mr Gow
"easy to book online"
"always use barrhead travel never let me down always get me what I'm looking for and always within budget"
"I have booked with Barrhead Travel several times and have found them very helpful. In particular May Malcolm at the St Vincent St store has been excellent. My bookings have been varied and May has always been able to offer good advice and the prices are very competitive. I fully intend to return to Barrhead Travel and to May Malcolm in particular and would recommend others do the same."
"NEVER AGAIN....... If you want good competent service, Barrhead Travel is not the place to go.."
"Worst Company ever dealt with. Totally ruined our booking and refused to admit their mistakes. Avoid at all costs and book yourself!"
"Well where do I start with this? This company is only interested when your thinking of spending money and increasing their commission. Aftersales is a complete Joke, not sure how they won "Best Travel agent of the Year " 7 times, I can only think that it must have been for opening the shop up on time as its certainly not for their after sales, customer service. Party of 4 booked a cruise, and I still don't have the tickets less than 48 hours before we go on holiday, then when they did send them , they only sent 2 travellers tickets. I am actually at the stage where the stress of getting my tickets are making me physically sick. I have gave this review one star, and that's too much for them. One very unsatisfied customer."
"Everything absolute wrong! Don’t book with them"
"Def not, shambles!"
"Booked cruise to New Zealand with Barr head Gyle branch - 2 nights hotel pre-cruise in Auckland and 2 nights post cruise in Sydney. All went well until we noticed that agent had booked hotel in Sydney supposedly 'near Darling harbour ' fortunately we know Sydney and when checking paperwork - hotel was in suburb of Parramatta which is 30 K from city centre ! To add insult it was non- refundable. We booked a more suitable hotel at cost to ourselves which was excellent then discovered that Barrhead had booked our private transfer to airport for 12 md --- flight left at 10 pm ! 30 min drive from hotel to airport -on querying at store we were told to phone and change times when we were in hotel - this proved impossible as agent insisted that Barrhead had to do from UK ! Gave up and got taxi at more cost ! To date had very little satisfaction from manager at Gyle branch"
"I paid for selected seats only to find that on checking in 14 days ahead of the flight there were no seats together available. I could only have seats that were rows apart. The company blamed me by saying I should have checked in 90 days prior to the flight. What they failed to see is that payment should guarantee selection otherwise why pay? This company treats customers with contempt. I have asked advice from ABTA and await their reply"
Disappointed Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"I went into Barrhead Travel with the intention of booking a summer holiday. I got the impression that the sales advisor was completely disinterested and the options offered didn’t match what I had asked for. I was advised that she would email some other ideas for holiday but that didn’t happen. Don’t waste your time , use another agent or book online."
"Went into the Silverburn branch looking to book a family holidaty. We walked out in the end as the girl who was meant to be serving us was worse than useless. Sat looking at her screen for nearly 20 minutes and nothing! Complete waste of time."
Brown Edinburgh
Verified Reviewer
"Since I booked a holiday last year art a cost of £10.000 plus I have experienced no end of problems, as I would have lost my deposit of £3000 id I had cancelled I carried on with the booking.Tried to charge me for holiday insurance which I never asked for then argued about getting a refund saying that I Must have asked for it, always getting different people to deal with no continuity, different info from different people mostly wrong. The last straw was on my return we travelled premium economy to Miami and the should have been on to Edinburgh no flights due o the bad weather,so BA put us on the Glasgow flight in economy and despite BA saying we were due a refund from our travel agent Barrhead as we should have been in class they are adamant that we are not, going to send a recorded delivery letter to their MD.DO NOT use then they are worse that useless They don't even know that there a 2 classes of seating in BA local flights Edinburgh to London...not very expert I would suggest"
Barrhead Travel is rated 3.26 based on 137 reviews