Barrhead Travel Reviews

56% of reviewers recommend Barrhead Travel

How would you rate Barrhead Travel?

Mr Gow
"easy to book online"
"always use barrhead travel never let me down always get me what I'm looking for and always within budget"
"I have booked with Barrhead Travel several times and have found them very helpful. In particular May Malcolm at the St Vincent St store has been excellent. My bookings have been varied and May has always been able to offer good advice and the prices are very competitive. I fully intend to return to Barrhead Travel and to May Malcolm in particular and would recommend others do the same."
"NEVER AGAIN....... If you want good competent service, Barrhead Travel is not the place to go.."
"Worst Company ever dealt with. Totally ruined our booking and refused to admit their mistakes. Avoid at all costs and book yourself!"
"Well where do I start with this? This company is only interested when your thinking of spending money and increasing their commission. Aftersales is a complete Joke, not sure how they won "Best Travel agent of the Year " 7 times, I can only think that it must have been for opening the shop up on time as its certainly not for their after sales, customer service. Party of 4 booked a cruise, and I still don't have the tickets less than 48 hours before we go on holiday, then when they did send them , they only sent 2 travellers tickets. I am actually at the stage where the stress of getting my tickets are making me physically sick. I have gave this review one star, and that's too much for them. One very unsatisfied customer."
"Everything absolute wrong! Don’t book with them"
"Def not, shambles!"
"Booked cruise to New Zealand with Barr head Gyle branch - 2 nights hotel pre-cruise in Auckland and 2 nights post cruise in Sydney. All went well until we noticed that agent had booked hotel in Sydney supposedly 'near Darling harbour ' fortunately we know Sydney and when checking paperwork - hotel was in suburb of Parramatta which is 30 K from city centre ! To add insult it was non- refundable. We booked a more suitable hotel at cost to ourselves which was excellent then discovered that Barrhead had booked our private transfer to airport for 12 md --- flight left at 10 pm ! 30 min drive from hotel to airport -on querying at store we were told to phone and change times when we were in hotel - this proved impossible as agent insisted that Barrhead had to do from UK ! Gave up and got taxi at more cost ! To date had very little satisfaction from manager at Gyle branch"
"I paid for selected seats only to find that on checking in 14 days ahead of the flight there were no seats together available. I could only have seats that were rows apart. The company blamed me by saying I should have checked in 90 days prior to the flight. What they failed to see is that payment should guarantee selection otherwise why pay? This company treats customers with contempt. I have asked advice from ABTA and await their reply"
Disappointed Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"I went into Barrhead Travel with the intention of booking a summer holiday. I got the impression that the sales advisor was completely disinterested and the options offered didn’t match what I had asked for. I was advised that she would email some other ideas for holiday but that didn’t happen. Don’t waste your time , use another agent or book online."
"Went into the Silverburn branch looking to book a family holidaty. We walked out in the end as the girl who was meant to be serving us was worse than useless. Sat looking at her screen for nearly 20 minutes and nothing! Complete waste of time."
Brown Edinburgh
Verified Reviewer
"Since I booked a holiday last year art a cost of £10.000 plus I have experienced no end of problems, as I would have lost my deposit of £3000 id I had cancelled I carried on with the booking.Tried to charge me for holiday insurance which I never asked for then argued about getting a refund saying that I Must have asked for it, always getting different people to deal with no continuity, different info from different people mostly wrong. The last straw was on my return we travelled premium economy to Miami and the should have been on to Edinburgh no flights due o the bad weather,so BA put us on the Glasgow flight in economy and despite BA saying we were due a refund from our travel agent Barrhead as we should have been in class they are adamant that we are not, going to send a recorded delivery letter to their MD.DO NOT use then they are worse that useless They don't even know that there a 2 classes of seating in BA local flights Edinburgh to London...not very expert I would suggest"
"Very unhappy asked for the girl who I booked through couldn't get wot I wanted from her asked to speak to her manager still couldn't get wot I wanted from her asked for number for regional manager to be told they can't give it out ...why? No reason just can't give it to me I have now took another step and waiting on a reply ...this was Greenock branch"
"I've not used them as we found better prices. However, if you give them your email address, then you can't get rid of them afterwards as it appears impossible to be removed from their email list."
Clive Ingham
Verified Reviewer
"I recently booked a cruise with Barrhead travel. Very good at the sales end and money collection. Apart from that not interested in helping at all: 1. Getting information on the cruise is very difficult, We leave in April but no idea if they are going to send some kind of information pack about time to check in on the boat, dress code etc etc. I have never been on a cruise before so its all completely new to my wife and I. Spending over £7000 I would expect better. 2. No help on flights 3. No help on Hotels in Barcelona Attitude is get the sale and move on. Would not use again."
"We were promised an upgrade at a very expensive Italian hotel for our 30th wedding anniversary from a representative at Barrhead travel sicerburn branch. They stated that they had 5 internal upgrades they are issued by the company and we would be allocated one if we took up the offer of the holiday. On contacting the branch when the tickets arrived they informed us that all they could do was ask the hotel and nothing was available, If we were told this we probably wouldn’t have booked with them as I had cheaper prices on the internet. We were basically hoodwinked into signing for the holiday ,to all people thinking of using this company be careful as there is a lot of misinformation given to people. I will certainly not use this company again and would strongly urge other holiday hunters to steer clear. Regards."
"Staff and Management good to work with. Senior management and so called Directors leave a lot to be desired!!!! Would not advise anyone to work for such a Company like this!! Once called ''The Low Cost Travel Agent''. Who are they trying to kid??? No proper Tour Companies Invoice and staff getting monies deducted from their salary at time of termination of Employment without notice due to errors or Barrhead Travel ripping customers off,big time!!!"
M&s Hellen Craig
Verified Reviewer
"I booked an all inclusive holiday for myself & 3 grandkids. The youngest was 3. When we arrived. I had to pay €50 for aircom €10 remote. €50 for Wi-Fi. €15 for safe. Also my 3 year old was too young for the club which I was told they had these facilities for him for me to have a few hours on my own. Bear in mind I hadn't been on holiday with 3 kids before .the resort was really expensive & I had to watch every penny. I thought an all inclusive holiday ment all inclusive. I couldn't believe the hidden extras. I feel I should have been informed of all of this. Very disappointed as it cost well over £2000 ."
"Barrhead provided a quote for our holiday and then days later upped the quote by £500 blaming it on cruise line-we checked the prices and there had been no additions to the cruise line. When we contacted Barrhead about this we were met with no replies despite 3 emails asking for explanation. Non existent customer service"
Barrhead Travel is rated 3.29 based on 130 reviews