Barclays Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend Barclays

Tell us how Barclays made you happy

Over a week
2 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
"Best netbankinh and mobile banking experience so far. Far simpler yet secure system compared to competing retail banks. Competitive APRs offers for credit card. Breeze to interact and get issues resolved."
Are you Barclays? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"The worst, and getting worse as time goes by."
"Really Poor I don,t even think they class as a bank anymore, everything is outsourced to other country's, If you want the relationship with a branch forget it with Barclays. The have minimum staff at branches so if you have a problem you have to go to the counter and then have other customers getting unhappy with you because you hold up the line. Then if you call their customer service its about 3000 miles away and they don,t have access to much so cannot really help you. Its the pits of banking scraping the bottom of the banking barrel."
"Barclays Bank is the worst bank in the UK (and may be in the world). Their Online banking, telebanking, and branches,.... are very very very bad. They can block your accounts and cards for any reason just to keep your money in their hands. They don't care if your are traveling outside or if you are busy to block the access to your money...and they ask you every time to go in person at the branch for IDENTIFICATION....very bad experience with this bank. I am switching to other bank and all my colleagues. Believe me you will just regret to be client of Barclays when do you first banking operation with them."
"Your customer service is a call centre in India where you can hear other phone operators in the background. They stall people with superfluous comments as if to try and keep them on the phone as long as possible. When I called to report my card lost I gave them all the required information which I knew to be correct i.e: my full name, date of birth,, mother's maiden name and post code, however the call centre worker told me the information I had given him was incorrect and that he would have to put me on hold and transfer me to another department in order for me to answer more questions. I felt like I was dealing with a scammer. He had the same manner of speaking, accent and attitude one encounters with fraudsters and I feel I aught not have given my details to him. That's my experience of Barclays customer services on simply calling to report a missing card."
"This bank bully vulnerable mental health victims and show no remorse for their actions. I would never join or trust a bank like this one again. the ombudsman shall be recieveing a strongly worded complaint on Monday as the finacial conduct authority will also be hearing about this bank bullies victims"
"Changed my address three months ago and STILL get statements to my old address!"
"Slow service and it’s on high street only one counter worst bank in town long queue waiting more then 40min almost same everyday"
"VERY VERY BAD EXPIERINCE MY ALL AC FOR LAT 15 DAYS CANT ACCESS ALSOI BUSINESS AFFECTED AS CANT PAY WAGES BILLS AND NO RESPONSE EVEN AFGTYER CALLING CUSTOMER CARE FRAUD SECTION AND TIME WASTED AS P[ER INSTRUCTIONS ON CUTOMER CARE AND CANT USE PENSION MONEY AT CHRISTMAS CANT EVEN PAY STAFF TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AND PEOPLE SHOULD THINK TWICE TO STAY WITH BARCLAYS CANT CREDIT ACOUNTS TO MEET DIRECT DEBITS OR STANDING ORDERS SO I AM IN GREAT RISK MY CREDIT RECORD WILL BE DAMAGED DESPITE FUNDS IN AC NO PERSON WHOM TO CONTACT IT HAS BEEN A GRAT LOSS TO ME OF MY TIME MONEY AND LAST THE TIME AND TEL CALSS AND WHAT EXPIRIENCE I SUFFERED FOR LAST 15 DAYS I THINK AS PER MY FRIENDS I AM WASTING TIME TO STAY WITH BARCLAYS"
"Customer services is beyond a joke. after being given in-accurate an misleading information regarding mobile banking app which failed to install. i spent over 1.5 hours talking to various representative including so called managers, all of them totally useless and clueless, couldn't understand what they were saying as the speed and heavy accent became too much in the end they blocked my account without telling me and of course for no genuine reason in order to prevent me from making a complaint.been a customer for over 20 years . I made an application to switch both my accounts to another institution today. I hope i will never have to contact barclays ever again."
"Worst bank you can choose. Highest level of incompetence ! Avoid !!! Extremely unprofessional"
"Barclays have extremely poor security from fraudsters. I have had my account hacked and money taken unlawfully out 5x times. Each time having to have new cards etc and the inconvenience of calling barclays everyday to speak to a person who cares and actually does what they say they are going to do. Appalling bank, appalling systems , poor security systems and overall a waste of space ...and they certainly do nothing to improve this !"
"For well over a year now, i've been using cash machines outside Morrisons at Park Gate Rotherham. There are three cash machines there, Two are usually ok, but the middle one of the three which is Barclays always gives out blank receipts. This is so annoying. Come on Barclays get your act together. This can't be a big job to put in some ink for printing into the damn thing."
"Walthamstow branch manager is racist white male"
"Thank you very much to the team who helped me on the 5th of December, yesterday,in the morning. After three Barclays assistants who didn't give me the right informations ( one of which was in a branch in central London, Portman Square), I went to Westfield Stratford and they have really gone the extra mile for me. They understood my disappointment and solved the problem."
"I am a happy customer overall, BUT that customer experience over the phone must change! This lady on the phone could barely understand English, made a mistake and after I had tried to explain it she got a lot of attitude and started raising her voice. Then I spent 10 mins on the line waiting for a supervisor who allegedly she could not find... As the result, 30 mins on the line, question unresolved and couldn't speak to a supervisor.."
"Honestly I’ve got bad experience with Barclays Bank. I opened current account but after 7days closed my account without any reason. I called customer service but nobody and manager not responded. I wonder about they opened credit cards account about 2 years I got it. But they couldn’t open the current account. Ridiculous, weak management."
"The worst bank ever, do not be fooled their costumer services is terrible they just do not care about costumers. Your money will be sitting there and you never get any interest also. In my local Branch the manager is horrible rude and arrogant. Strongly do not use them you will be disappointed."
"Maintenance every weekend, no fraud payments refunded."
Barclays is rated 1.50 based on 183 reviews