Barclays Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Barclays

Tell us how Barclays made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over a week
2 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
"Barclays have extremely poor security from fraudsters. I have had my account hacked and money taken unlawfully out 5x times. Each time having to have new cards etc and the inconvenience of calling barclays everyday to speak to a person who cares and actually does what they say they are going to do. Appalling bank, appalling systems , poor security systems and overall a waste of space ...and they certainly do nothing to improve this !"
Are you Barclays? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Barclays receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"For well over a year now, i've been using cash machines outside Morrisons at Park Gate Rotherham. There are three cash machines there, Two are usually ok, but the middle one of the three which is Barclays always gives out blank receipts. This is so annoying. Come on Barclays get your act together. This can't be a big job to put in some ink for printing into the damn thing."
"Walthamstow branch manager is racist white male"
"Thank you very much to the team who helped me on the 5th of December, yesterday,in the morning. After three Barclays assistants who didn't give me the right informations ( one of which was in a branch in central London, Portman Square), I went to Westfield Stratford and they have really gone the extra mile for me. They understood my disappointment and solved the problem."
"I am a happy customer overall, BUT that customer experience over the phone must change! This lady on the phone could barely understand English, made a mistake and after I had tried to explain it she got a lot of attitude and started raising her voice. Then I spent 10 mins on the line waiting for a supervisor who allegedly she could not find... As the result, 30 mins on the line, question unresolved and couldn't speak to a supervisor.."
"Honestly I’ve got bad experience with Barclays Bank. I opened current account but after 7days closed my account without any reason. I called customer service but nobody and manager not responded. I wonder about they opened credit cards account about 2 years I got it. But they couldn’t open the current account. Ridiculous, weak management."
"The worst bank ever, do not be fooled their costumer services is terrible they just do not care about costumers. Your money will be sitting there and you never get any interest also. In my local Branch the manager is horrible rude and arrogant. Strongly do not use them you will be disappointed."
"Maintenance every weekend, no fraud payments refunded."
"This bank is horrible, they sold my credit card out to another bank a sub-prime bank then the other bank made a mistake and charged off my account. We have no say here in the USA under Trump banks can do anything. I had a perfect payment history. Barclays is an evil institution this bank must thrive under Trump."
"The most poor service I ever had. Paying for my gadget insurance for three years first claim I ever make..it’s been excepted end later been rejected. I spend more then 4 hour on the phone with Barclays end this poor company Lifestyle grup LSG. They just play with the customers....! Very poor service now I will send Barclays to the court. The £75 been take from my account same day after 2 month still don’t have a phone. BARCLAYS turns back with we can not do anything. Go to ombudsman service.... even this mouth they charge me again £12.50 for this service. My suggestions is to all to avoid this service end Barclays at all. They don’t care about customers. Just to get your money every month. I have been left with a lot of stress Now going to the court. I’m very disappointed from Barclays paying three years for nothing if I was saving this money I was going to pay for new phone now end not waiting all ready 2 month. THE MOST POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. Avoid Barclays this bank it’s going to make you sick crazy. They ceathing them customers.... Dont paying something like insurance for gadgets because you will never get back anything from them. Im given 1 star but definitely Barclays it’s under that. I will never ever recommend Barclays to no one I’m taxi driver I will make my best to help people to avoid them."
"20 or more people in queue at cmk Barclays manager nowhere to be seen, there’s 8 counters yet only 4 are in use. Yet there’s lots of staff walking about. Been waiting 20 mins so far and still 8 people in front of me. Disgusting, manager still nowhere."
"Hi, Nice blog..I used their Barclays customer service UK. Their team member were always helpful, friendly and valuable. Here’s a Barclays Contact Phone Number UK 0844 306 9117 where you can ask your query and do complaints. Actually I usually use that so I would like to share it with you also https://24-7helpline.co.uk"
"Bad service ,long queues and staff with poor knowledge of products and procedures. Call centre staff with thick accents."
"On 5th October 2018 at around noon, I went to withdraw £2500 cash from Barclays Bothwell St, Glasgow branch because I was traveling and wanted “Bank of England” notes instead of “Bank of Scotland” notes. I entered the bank, stayed in the queue till it got to my turn and politely gave the teller my request, she seemed okay at first but the next teller immediately jumped in and told me she doesn’t think they had enough “BoE” notes but she will have to check, so I told her it’s okay and that I will wait and have her check. So the teller serving me asked me to confirm my PIN on the PinSentry device which I did, she left for a while, came back and opened the safe and brought out “BoE” notes, kept counting it over and over again whiles whispering to her colleague behind the counter. She left again, came back and this time around noticed she kept looking at the CCTV and kept switching the views. After a while, she asked for my ID card which I provided, I even gave her two ID cards (my driver’s license and BRP), after a few minutes she asked me to confirm recent transactions which I did, then proceeded to ask me about a transfer to my account(from a joint account I hold with my wife). I told her that amount was transferred from my joint account with my wife because it’s more like a savings account for us, to control our spending and also protect against fraud because we only own a debit cards so we cannot get chargebacks for fraudulent payments and once the money is gone, it’s gone. She still kept me there staring at the screen saying nothing, most probably just going through my transactions. So I asked her why I’m being treated differently because there was Caucasian guy on my left who was able to withdraw money claiming his card was missing and even showed an expired passport as proof of identity. I asked to speak to the manager but instead a woman whom I later identified as Angela Bradford came out yelling at me to leave and go sit somewhere. I asked her why she was being rude to me just because I am making a withdrawal but instead she threatened to call the police, so I asked her to go ahead and call the police and that I will wait. That was when I took my phone to record the incident because as a black guy you do not stand a chance at any false allegation, she angrily came back trying to snatch my phone yelling at me not to record but I told her I need to protect myself because I have no idea what she will tell the police so I need some form of evidence. After waiting for almost an hour with no police showing up, I asked her if I should still wait for the police to which she replied “they will come and find me” and started laughing out loud and also told me she will have my account closed. I went to the branch on Argyle St, Glasgow to make the withdrawal only to see that my account has been placed under review and that I cannot withdraw or use my account until the review is over, which usually takes at least 10 business days. It was so clear from the attitude of the staff at Bothwell St that as a black guy, withdrawing just £2500 was such a big deal and labeled me as a criminal. The last place I expected to face racism was in the bank trying to withdraw my own money. Most banks in the UK have very bad reviews but I chose Barclays because I used Barclays back in Ghana. I only transfer money to my Barclays account from “MY” bank account from other EU financial institutions and just because of the bad experiences people shared online. The only reason I chose to even transfer that much money from “MY ACCOUNT” to my Barclays account because I wanted “BoE” notes so I can get a better exchange rate, my biggest regret. This incident has caused me lots of depression and will be visiting my GP tomorrow because the daily racist abuse and stereotype is just too much for me and is just sickening. I have also asked my wife to switch banks because of this incident, I’m just glad we did not accept the mortgage and credit card offers from this fraudulent and racist institution. This attitude is totally unacceptable, being a black person does not mean you should be poor. I save and invest a lot because I want to have a better future. #RacistBarclays #BoycottBarclays #BarclaysDiscrimination #BarclaysRacism #BarclaysStereotype #AngelaBradford #BarclaysBothwellSt"
"Applied for a car loan (10k in 5 years) 7 months ago after being their client (4 years) and having a "very good" credit score, even though never had loans in my life before, so I was expecting an high APR. Loan that ended up being a personal loan so unsecured loan with higher APR then. At the moment I have applied they promised me that they would have reviewed my APR rate within a few months once my credit score would have got better. Anyway I was pre-selected for a 25k personal loan at 19% APR, so I thought to apply for 10k with the same 19% which after the credit check ended up being up to 26.5% !!!!!! I could not refuse as I had already booked my car so needed to accept it anyway but with the hope to tweak it in a few months later. Now after 7 months, I have more money in my bank account, my salary went way up by 5k per year and my credit score with Experian is Excellent only 8 points less than the maximum 999. I went to the barclays branch to discuss my existing loan and they said that I don't have any chances to tweak my existing loan, and if I wanted a better rate I should have applied for a new loan with them and pay off the existing one, but anyway this wasn't convenient for me as the proposed APR was still way too high... I decided to pay back the 14£ Experian membership then, to check any other loans alternatives, and found out that I was pre-approved at 100% with Lendable for 14% APR which was already quite good compare to the Barclays one, and had 95% chances to get 3.3% with Admiral finance. I went straight away to try it and done a soft credit check with Admiral which confirmed the 3.3% loan for 9k spreaded in 3 years to pay off my existing one. I have applied for a hard credit check which confirmed the loan. 3.3% against 26% that's INSANE!!! that's the way how Barclays treats its customers! If it wasn't to keep the account open for my credit history I would have already shut off my Barclays account! You must seriously have something wrong in your customer service and treatments. I wish you all the worst!"
"I opened my bank account with Barclays more than 3 years ago without any problem and really I was happy with them, yesterday without any notice they blocked my account and neither the phone customer service nor the bank branch in Liverpool could explain why did that happen! They just said that my account is under reviewing and they can’t tell me the reason! I’m really disappointed"
"No customers are using the machines but all queuing for 1 poor cashier trying to cope on their own while 5 staff with tablets stand around doing nothing !! They ask customers how they can help and proceed to tell them to stand in the que for the 1 cashier !!! Most frustrating bank ever....."
"I support a lady in her 90s who has savings with Barclays and has not accessed them for years. Now she needs the money, she rang the bank to request the balance, she wa told they couldn’t access the account. We spoke to them again today, very unhelpful person and to cut a long story short, Barclays have told this lady to go through dormant accounts process, in the meantime, she has no heating, no running water, no money, damp in the house and Barclays are enjoying her money! Awful bank, keep away! They don’t care about vulnerable people, I’m disgusted! Forgot to say, whilst I was helping this lady on the phone, Police turned up asking if she was okay! I wish Barclays could have resolved this lady’s issue with the prompt speed they called the Police!"
"Just too share my experience at Barclays bank my nan wanted too close her account down and ask me too go with her am her granddaughter as my mum has passed away and her son is in Australia firstly they kept us waiting 2 hours saying we trying too contact head office then she kept saying I’ve got too ask my Manager By this time it was about too close so they ask my nan too go to gilling ham the next day and they would help her then by now my nan wasn’t ever happy all she wanted to do was close her bank so off we went the next day my nan gets a knock at the door it the police asking if she was ok and was she being Bullied In too handing over her money too her career my nan replied I don’t have a carer And no am not being bullied in too handing over money they ask my nan for my names address and telephone num and said they going to ring me . My nan told the lady at rainham bank who I was and I was calling her nan they twist thing make up lies I think every one should stay well away from Barclays Bank coz if u want to close it they call the police on u I will be taking this matter to Citizens advice I think it disgusting how we got treated"
"Calling their customer support - long wait, then actually being able to understand their advisors is incredibly frustrating!"
Barclays is rated 1.57 based on 152 reviews