Barclays Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Barclays

How would you rate Barclays?

119 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Donkey
One star is being over generous

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Barclays in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"One star is being over generous"
"I was unable to get help re:online banking log in, customer representatives seem to lack the will, knowledge or skill to resolve issues. I also put into question their ability to understand issues. On one occasion when a customer service representative found out they cannot to help they asked my to call again someone else, did not offer to transfer or escalate! On another occasion when they fond they can not help I was told that i did not pass security, despite giving all info correctly and passing through it at the beginning of the call, only to find out that i did pass it after i've requested to raise a formal complaint - totally random!"
Thomas Rowley
Unverified Reviewer
"Appauling. I've been in an overdraft for the best part of a year now. I now have a full time job, and get paid weekly. They looked at me like I was scum. I went into the Hanley Branch today and asked them if I could have some breathing space with my charges, as in 12 weeks I can clear my overdraft. The only advice I got was a phone number. They didn't even think about putting my charges on hold. It's disgusting. I then went into Natwest, explained my situation and within 40 minutes they opened up a savings account for me, an account that lets me withdraw money . All of my wages are going into this new savings account now, and I'll pay my overdraft as and when. Once my overdraft is paid for - I want nothing to do with Barclays again"
"disgusting abuse of customers patience."
"In Barclays Hammersmith. Tall bearded asian guy called Jon? He was so unhelpful, arrogant and just bloody rude. Complained about his sore feet and came over like he didn't want to be there and was doing Barclays a favour. Obviously Barclays will employ anyone these days. Not impressed."
Ebrahim Moshaya
Unverified Reviewer
"I took a 20 mile trip and an hour in the branch to open two help to buy ISA accounts, we deposited money in cash.. a week later, I get a letter stating my account has been closed for no reason whatsoever. I called Barclays to complain and the complaint department called me back and stated the reason was they did a review and that the bank decided they didn't want us as a customer. That was the only reason given. This is discrimination and appalling for any bank to do!! They can close your account without any reason whatsoever!!"
Dr Alan Whitcomb
Unverified Reviewer
"I pay a monthly fee for a package that includes use of Dragon Pass for Airport lounges. I was shocked when I tried to use the pass at Gatwick to be told that I could not use the lounge because it was too busy. However, I could pay £15 to be upgraded and would be allowed to enter. I subsequently spoke to 4 people I did not know and surprise, surprise, they had on different occasions had the same problem. How can Barclays get away with charging a fee for something that customers cannot access."
"My father dies in December 2017 - had a Barclaycard debt of some £2500, but £1250 left in his Barclays bank account. Was given to understand that credit card debt died with my Father and funds remaining in his bank account would be released to pay for the old buggers funeral... oh no, not Barclays - 'it is our policy to retain the bank account funds to clear his credit card'. Not enough that they robbed him of £40 per month for some spurious insurance policy that was - after reading the small print - completely worthless, so that's 8 years at £40 per month = £3840... Hope the f*ckers choke on the £1250. Banks/Bankers - first they f*ck us in 2008, keep their bonuses then keep on f*cking us and get away with it. I told my Father not to bank with them, but he knew best.... looking at the 79.28% 1 star rating it seems many other folk are not too happy with Barclays either. hope their chief exec chokes on his Latte one morning. ... also had the unfortunate task of visiting a branch (Frodsham)- whilst sorting my fathers affairs - queued for 45 minutes to be met by a completely disinterested young chap who seemed to have not one clue. What a shower they are."
"rubbish online service"
"For the past two months. I am disgusted with the service I received. I received an international payment and by default the senders bank made an error and transferred the funds twice. I received a confirmation from Barclays stating I received two payments which I accepted and spent. Without informing myself Barclays removed funds from my savings account. As a premiere customer I made a complaint as I believe in this situation I should of been informed. The person dealing with my complaint had the audacity to search me on LinkedIn rather than dealing with my complaint. Which I believe is below the belt and breaches my data protection rights. I made a complaint twice to Barclays and once I was told that I should chase up the bank who made an error. The person searching me up on social media I would be compensated for £100.00 if I remain silent. I escalated this complaint once again and it was referred to Clarie Pennington who said due to the work load Barclays has we cannot notify all customers if we withdraw money. Secondly the person can look me up on LinkedIn as it is a public domain and we have a mutual connection. This is just beyond dishonesty, I sent a screenshot to the Barclays team showing how the person has looked me up and I received a notification. Not sure where my data has been used and why I was looked up on LinkedIn. Barclays needs to review their process in place as this is in Breach of my privacy."
"Unethical and dishonest Bank"
"Fantastic customer service from an Irish guy in the Hammersmith branch. Never had better. Excellent!"
"Not enough staff in Stratford branch, people in the queue up to the door an noone care"
"Absolutely disgusting Customer Services, I needed to transfer Money to a new payee to purchase my daughters main Christmas present from a store miles away but the app wouldn't allow me to. Customer Services passed me pillar to post and not a single agent was slightly interested to help or even offer advise. I will be changing banks right after Christmas, angry and shocked at the rude, blunt agent I received."
"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! PLEASE GET OPERATIVES THAT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH AND KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS!! AWFUL BARCLAYS!!"
"Been with barclays for 8 years. Time to join another bank. The consumer service with years is getting really bad. Advisors find it difficult to give advice. Very unhappy but am going to natwest"
"Dodgy they will block your account and make you wait months for a respons and nothing you will get . They do it often now and for no reason ! Bastards"
"Very dodgy they blocked my account for no reason and can’t even tell why they keep making me wait saying I’ll receive a letter since 30 days ago and nothing was received . Hypocrites"
"Barclays customer services are a real nightmare! Useless than that cannot be! Always some indian guy on the phone who is just willing to end up his shift instead of being of some help! Called them to inform about my crashing internet banking app and i have been treated like a 12 years young lad! Sorry barclays, you are disapointing!"
Dani Callighan
"I am so impressed by the amazing service I received from Barclays this week. There are few companies who take the kind of initiate they took to make me a happy customer. Thank you very much!"
Barclays is rated 1.61 based on 119 reviews