Barclays Reviews

12% of reviewers recommend Barclays

Tell us how Barclays made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over a week
Avg Email Response Time
2 minutes
"Hi, Please stop involving us in your criminal political agendas, I’m straight and tolerant but I don’t have to accept your rainbow on my phone, we have children and it is our right to fully protect them and the process starts from our phones. I’ve taken a decision to close my Barclays account for a unique reason, “ respect me as a non gay person in the same way you are pretending to respect lgbt people and stay neutral” Good bye and see you never again."
Are you Barclays? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Barclays is a bank, not a political institution. You might consider opening a political side to your business and leave those customers that came to you neutrally to stay in peace. Stop shoving your agendas on our phones. Its really senseless and annoying. You should stay neutral to all your customers. Why we don't see you pushing religious agendas to us, stop this or you will lose customers. I don't want cross, rainbow, red or blue logos reflecting your agendas on my phone. Shame on you. One angry customer who happens to be a Christian, stop violating my right of freedom to live my life the way I choose."
"Shouldn't be promoting personal political agendas whatever the philosophy.. no crosses, crescent moons or rainbows please. Stick to banking and stay out of preaching at down to others. Civil society needs tolerance and that can only be maintained by neutrality."
"Barclays processes are set up to make it maximally difficult to close an account with them. They force you to waste time on branches and endless calls - both during business hours, as they refuse to give this service on weekends. Avoid them."
"We visited Barclays Westfield, Stratford City, we had to wait 50 minutes to pay in a cheque, as there was only one paying in machine working. There was a young Barclays assistant walking around and was bothered about people waiting. There are two paying in machines and only one is working, the other is broken and has been for 2/3 months. This Barclays branch is like a third world bank in experience, just so hopeless."
"Rubbish bank had 2 amounts for 800 taken and refused to do charge backs. Lost alot money useless bank AVOID"
"This is the most corrupt bank ever stay away !!!! Run by complete trash wouldn’t give them a penny!! You have to be a business prostitute to work here!!"
"I phoned Domestic and General to book a serviceman for my washing machine and get a text back from Barclays. And, you're asking me what went wrong!?! I thought that would be obvious someone's hacked into your system. Nevermind, stranger things have happened at sea!☺😙☺ Please do get your act together, I've more pressing matters to deal with than to inform you of a security breach. 😍"
"AVOID, ABSOLUTELY DISRESPECT TO CUSTOMERS"
"On visiting Barclays Bank today at High Street Ayr my brother and I were dealt with a very professional and courteous advisor called Mellisa. She sorted out our business with ease and knowledge. Mr brother has bank with Barclays for at least 50 years. Never had any problems. We are currently in the process of transferring from another bank extra business to Barclays. Please tell Mellisa how grateful we are. Happy Barclays customer"
"I had an issue that need to be sorted out ASAP and a guy called Chris from the Liverpool branch helped me out and sorted my issue within 24 I was very impressed. Many thanks Naomi"
"As a former staff personal banker. As a former staff personal banker.. Premier banker wow they are the epitome of greed... Self cenerdness and backstabbing... I served them in sales for 4 yrs and all I got is the boot! I dunno if its d brit way to leave your man behind when times get tough.. That's what a former manager left in legacy"
"If your using the account manager machines anyone standing behind can read all the information on screen.Branch staff say they can do nothing about this lack of security."
"My credit card was blocked as a result of a supposed fraudulent activity attempt which turned out to be a recurrent direct debit payment and was, therefore, a system failure. All my direct debits were declined and my card refused to pay the rest of my holiday, including the accommodation fees causing a huge nightmare. As soon as I realised of the issue I contacted the customer service department that tried to replace my card, but even though I had provided an Indonesian postal address they somehow decided to send the replacement to my house in the UK. Why would I need the replacement in the UK if I was “enjoying” my holiday in Bali? Ten days had gone by and after a few more hours of customer service, where I was annoyingly verified multiple times and bounced back and forth from one department to the other, I was finally sent an emergency card by Visa which was supposed to take only 48 hours. After four entire days of waiting and frustration my emergency card finally arrived, only to discover the reality that it didn’t work in any ATM, retail or online transaction. A few more hours over the phone with the customer service and my patience had hit rock bottom. I was reassured of receiving a new fully functioning replacement of the credit card as soon as possible but unfortunately, my luck of Barclays customer service wasn’t on my side of the table, once again I was sent a useless replacement to my UK address. Twenty days have gone by and to date, I still haven’t received a solution. I had to transfer all my available funds from my other Barclays accounts to my Revolut account as I have lost trust in the bank that attempted to serve me well for years. I have explained my anger and disappointment to one of Barclays UK’s Customer Relationship Managers who kindly offered a skinny £50 compensation for the inconvenience! After the shocking treatment, I can’t wait to close all my Barclays bank accounts as Barclays failed big time in serving its purpose and I don’t believe it deserves my customer loyalty any longer.ileniav85@gmail.com"
"Barclays Surbiton branch has a breed of unhelpful,rude uninterested skeletal staff.Other banks in the same area are OPEN on Wednesday's!"
"Have someone who will do their job and remember what customer service is. I am now looking to move my account."
"Taking service charge as quick as they can, release funds for customer as slow as they can!! It has take two months that I still haven't get it!! 0 star for the customer service!"
"Received letter from Barclays Leicester 14.5.19 re money paid into my account by mistake (and taken out before I had even noticed!) only small amount, however I had to contact bank on receipt of letter to verify and I dealt with the most loveliest mannered girl who took me through all my details, no waiting, all cleared up with no further action needed. We are all ready to complain but this time well done Barclays on employing Jess who told me she was only 18, well, well done Jess! Made my day!"
"By far the best bank to be with. They are always making customer's experiences better, improving their app especially with the contactless pay with the phone (saved me so many times!). Too much good things to say. I shall never leave them (if it doesn't get worse!)"
"I've banked with Barclays for nearly 30 years. Finally had enough of their dreadful, uninterested, unhelpful, incompetent India-based customer service. I had an important issue involving a possibly fraudulent item on my account and have spent all afternoon on the phone trying to make myself understood. I still don't know whether the problem has actually been sorted or what is going on because the staff CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY! Enough's enough. I'm off to First Direct."
Barclays is rated 1.54 based on 203 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access