Aviva Reviews

31% of reviewers recommend Aviva

How would you rate Aviva?

45 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Graham Lewis

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Aviva in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I know that Aviva may be one of many underwriters who play these games but something needs to be done. Being honest I advised my broker bennetts that I was going to add bar risers on my bike. These are fitted by the dealer and make the bike safer for me to ride. I was told that they would no longer insure me just because I added the bar riser to the bike. This is ridiculous and has caused me the inconvenience and extra cost for no good reason. maybe Aviva should have people in their company that understand the various modifications and the impact. There needs to be some further regulation that affects customers so adversely for no reason"
Ernestina Birova
Unverified Reviewer
"I gave this company many chances and a lot of time to resolve small issues: I already wrote one review for this company about two weeks ago... They called me and send me e-mail... apologizing - March 28, 2018 - yet nothing has been done for resolution of my inquiry... my record shows me 100% at fault for an accident. Their e-mail states it has been corrected and changed to "not at fault" March 28, 2018. Today I called other company for a quote and my report is still the same. I never had an accident. Took my car to police station provided Aviva with contacts to verify... send that email to aviva 4 times now... never had it acknowledged... Dealing with this since July 2017 - YES over a year. Just AWFUL SERVICE."
"No response to emails."
"terrible customer service with exceptionally long hold times on the phone. Best avoided at all costs"
"Car insurance Useless. You pay for a service. If you are unfortunate enough to need their service be prepared for long hold times to talk to people who do not know what they are advising. 5 months on from a claim and I am still waiting!"
Annika Hatchwell
Unverified Reviewer
"I have various investment products with Aviva. All mine and my husand's life savings in fact. I liked their online myAviva system however the level of response when you have queries is terrible. If you ever get through on the phone (pretty unusual even after holding for an hour) the service and help is very good indeed. But it is just impossible to get through and even email is very patchy. This causes immense stress when you know your whole future is in their hands."
"Aviva is cheap than some insurance companies and at the time of buying is a good company. But that is about it. Rest everything else is also cheap. If someone gets stuck with them over a small something they will give you the worst time. A friend of mine was harassed by some team in their company because of a claim. His claim was termed fraudulent. He was threatened legal action. His policy got cancelled. The cherry on the cake was when all his policies with them were cancelled one by one. He stupidly had put all his policies with them. This should be a learning to all. Never put all your policies with one company. It will be like all eggs in a single basket. He got some relief finally at Ombudsman. He came to know that most cases at Ombudsman against an insurance company is Aviva. While he admits he was not careful in giving facts, Aviva's incentive seeking staff blew the thing out of proportion. Just make a small mistake and they will hound you like rabid dogs. Many people on review sites are paid by insurance companies themselves. Insurance companies are not friends of anyone, least Aviva."
"It’s really really bad designed to buying car insurance with this company!!!! There’s no management at all,!!! I had policy with them from 2017 and end of the policy cancel our policy because the last payment hasn’t been gone through with sending me any email or letter!!! When I found out my insurance has been cancelled I paid all the amount to continue with them,,, when i paid all amount then they said we can’t continue this policy you have to have new policy and you have to pay deposit for new policy!!! What can I do because I’ve kids to pick and drop from school,, I paid around £500 deposit again to buy the new policy from 2018 till 2019 ,,,, and recently i sold my car and bought new and told them can you change this car to my other car !! What they to me you haven’t got the policy from us anymore which I’m paying every month £217 for nothing and my car was not insured!!! And there’s no one come back to me why they changing me this money for??? I recommend not to have insurance with this company because they don’t cover you after you buying insurance from them, Muhammad S Akmal"
"Had cancelled my policy as I had a premium increase of £60/month for changing the car registration from a private number plate (of the previous owner) to its original registration. Keeping in mind its exactly the same car. Aviva POOR as I don't rate you at all anymore. Customer service by phone is a joke."
"After many years with car insurance and a pension I got to speak honestly about the great service I have experienced from Aviva. I have found the call centre staff extremely polite and happy to help. There online 'my Aviva' site has been very useful tool to use to keep update."
"Poor customer service"
"So far had no problems with there home insurance policies. Usually get in touch within a few days either send a replacement or cheque for value amount. I currently in a process of a floor claim and is one of the biggest claims I have made to date . Hopefully things run smoothly .asking for receipts but in my opinion. Why would I keep receipts for flooring as it not something you expect to really return or even think about getting damaged ."
"It was cheaper than most of the other providers."
"Dishonest company with terrible customer service. I had a problem with my extractor fan due to water damage. They sent out someone who didnt even switch it on, and said the motor was completely burnt out and therefore not Aviva's liability. I told them the motor was running fine, and it was to do with water getting in the electicals. They send another so called expert who said the whole thing was working 100% fine and no water damage, except he didnt get within 6 feet of it. The 'expert' stood in my kitchen and watched me switch it on to show him it wasnt the motor and then wrote another bogus report to let Aviva wiggle out of paying anything. Aviva then washed their hands of the problem, despite having two 'expert' reports which say opposite things. Happy to take you money but will do anything they can not to pay out or help in any way. Avoid avoid avoid."
"I have been dealing with Aviva in connection with two life insurance policies. My complaint is on two levels. First, the way they dealt with the claims (asking for several different documents which no other insurance company requested, and asking for them over several months, not all at the beginning of the process). But my BIGGEST gripe is their policy regarding mail. I live in the USA. Regular air mail from the UK takes 4-6 days on average. But Aviva sends all their mail via MALTA for some reason. The latest letter to me from Aviva took 41 DAYS to reach me. And that is about normal. Why? What is the benefit to Aviva? In today's age of instant communications, they are taking longer than the sailing ships of two hundred years ago! Unprofessional company."
Hazel Mcmillan
"The person on the phone was very helpful and sorted my little problem efficiently."
MR MICHAEL A MATTHEWS
"after a number of false starts this year, a freephone call resolved all, assistance was very good."
"Have been with Aviva a number of years every year I check other insurers and can't find a cheaper price for the same cover"
Nick L
"Very good customer service and attitude"
Aviva is rated 2.40 based on 45 reviews