Aviva Reviews

7AM

info@aviva.co.uk

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Aviva made you happy

Over a week
"I have Aviva for my home insurance. Have done for about 10 years. Took my car insurance out with them last year and they beat my renewal and price comparison websites. Thought they were great. However my renewal was through the roof. It was absolutely shocking. I called them and the customer service wasn’t great and they wouldn’t budge. I then used the comparison website and chose axa as it was less than half of what aviva offered me. I thought this was very poor. Really disappointed. Everything was good until then."
Are you Aviva? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I was disappointed to leave Aviva. I had multiple products with them and they didn’t try to retain my custom. That said I was always happy with their customer service and their efficiency."
"Had the worst experience ever. An offer to pay out for my vehicle was made to myself (a complicated one), 24 hours later a very very rude man Justin O'Callahan called me and said they have changed their minds. He was so abrupt. I have since asked to speak with a different handler in which he replied 'NO' I asked to speak to the lady whos case this was and he replied 'THAT WONT BE HAPPENING' I asked for a Manager and was again told no. I said I didnt feel comfortable talking to him, he said 'I was being personal and will terminate the call' I asked to make a complain, he said referring to the original issue 'YOU ALREADY HAD' I asked to submit a complaint with a different adviser as I didnt feel comfortable, again he said 'THAT WASNT GOING TO HAPPEN' Just kept telling me it was his decision, and he was over writing the previous decision in which had come from the CEO office!!!! What an awful experience, awful customer service. This guy has clearly skipped his CS course. What ever you do, if you get through to him, terminate the call and redial for your own good. From one good person to another"
"Had the worst experience ever. An offer to pay out for my vehicle was made to myself, (quite a complicated one) less than 24 hours later a very very rude man Justin O'Callahan called me and said they have 'changed their minds'. He was so abrupt. I have since asked to speak with a different handler in which he replied 'NO' I asked to speak to the lady whos case this was as advised by the Financial Ombudsman and he replied 'THAT WONT BE HAPPENING' I asked for a Manager and was again told 'NO'. I said I didnt feel comfortable talking to him, he said 'I was being personal and will terminate the call' I asked to make a complain, he said referring to the original issue 'YOU ALREADY HAD' I asked to submit a complaint with a different adviser as I didnt feel comfortable, again he said 'THAT WASNT GOING TO HAPPEN' Just kept telling me it was his decision, and he was over writing the previous decision in which had come from the CEO office!!!! What an awful experience, awful awful customer service. He offered me £500.00 compensation for the treatment...To basically make me go away...Like that cuts it! This guy has clearly skipped his CS course. What ever you do, if you get through to him, terminate the call and redial for your own good. From one good person to another."
"Health Insurance from Aviva is not worth the paper its written on. Will go to great lengths to ensure you cannot claim. I need some investigation work carrying out, and because of something that I have had for 8 years (No symptoms) I cannot make a claim. EVEN if it turns out to be this I have had no symptoms for 8 years!!! There are good insurance companies and then there are insurance companies like Aviva that only want the cash! Avoid this company."
"Good service."
"Phoned about my pension they bought from freinds life said now its an annuity .very rude on phone .am over 60yrs old .info on website said if value 10.000 or under n over 55yrs old could cash in aviva on list of companys refuseing to allow this .asked wot happens to my annities when i pass .they replied it ends wit my death .so they get to keep all monies instead of going to my nominated family wot a rip off .would not recommend this dam right rip off company to my worst enemy .a callous n nasty company"
"Bigots I'm not white yet they claim I'm racist Barclays fired me due to they say disrepute my God the pert Aviva Scots are the most bigoted people I ever came across with...they cancelled my home insurance for no good reason God knows and will decide judgement on Aviva Perth you know what you dis"
"Home insurance cranked up by 30% even though no changes since last year. We have 2 motors and have been a loyal customer foro 40 years...... what is it that they quote - we reward loyality. ...... I don't think so! By bye Aviva"
"Having watched the Aviva tv ad about them promising to treat existing customers better I assumed that was me after 3 years with them.My renewal was a large increase even though no claims made.Renewed with another company with better cover for £100 less.Tv ad tells porkies."
"Car insurance maybe - but under no circumstances involve the chaos that is Aviva in your pension. It has taken me 6 months to get an Ombudsman ruling against them for mis- management - and now I am still having to chase payment !"
"I had to claim on my house insurance for the first time ever. It was only £200 after paying £100 excess. My renewal came a few weeks later and my premium has gone up by £100 so I might as well have not been insured."
"Hassle free to get new car policy and I got nice discount as I had already another policy with them :) Reccomended."
"After charging me a £54 'admin' fee for notifying them I got married, Aviva then sent me a renewal quote of £394, when the previous year was £204, despite the fact I have 10 years NCD. No wonder (like many others) I switched, nearly 2/3 of all the reviews on here are the lowest score of 1 and the company announced 1800 job losses last month. Stop taking custom for granted Aviva!!"
"very good companies"
"Buildings insurance premium increased by 35% over 2 years. No change in our circumstances and no claims. Apparently pricing decisions are made by a non-customer facing team, who don't give any transparency into their decisions. Poor guy on the phone told us there's nothing he can tell us or do. Just another example of a firm ripping off a long standing customer (or trying to get rid of them)!"
"Buildings insurance premium increased by 35% over 2 years. No change in our circumstances and no claims. Apparently pricing decisions are made by a team that isn't customer facing and don't give any transparency into their decisions. Basically told by the poor guy on the phone there's nothing he can tell me or do. Just another example of a firm trying to rip off a long standing customer (or trying to get rid of them)!"
"Car drove into front wall causing it to collapse, car drove off but police caught up with them and provided us their insurance details, contacted Aviva and gave all details and was told to get some quotes and send pictures in. Which I did, quotes were around £1100 - £1400. Aviva eventually responded saying that their surveyor said it should have cost £560. So they sent their own approved contractors round to assess the wall, arranged the work to be carried out totalling 5 days!!! For £560 😂 After taking a £150 excess they have made no attempt to recover any of the losses from the car drivers insurer and have told me that it takes too much time recovering such things. So my wall gets damaged and I end up out of pocket!! Typical insurer!!!"
"Appalling service - my husband has been trying to get his pension from Aviva for the best part of a year. The latest delay is that they want a copy of our bank statement - they already have our account details as the pension has been paid out of that same account!!! Come in Aviva - it's not your money!"
Aviva is rated 2.15 based on 121 reviews