Auto Windscreens Reviews

72% of reviewers recommend Auto Windscreens

About Auto Windscreens: Auto Windscreens is a leading UK automotive windscreen repair and replacement company that works with top insurance and fleet management companies to deliver a fast, efficient service to motorists.

Through our dedicated UK contact centre and our nationwide fitting centre network, backed by an all-weather mobile fitting fleet, we deliver high-quality vehicle glass replacements and repairs.

Customer service and satisfaction are at our core and through innovation we streamline operations, ensuring the entire process, from reporting damage to getting your vehicle fixed, is hassle-free and cost-efficient for all involved.

Tell us how Auto Windscreens made you happy

"the technician rob brown was extremely helpful courteous and quick he phoned when he was nearly at my location and kept me well informed what he was doin I would certainly recommend yourself"
"Booked in Autowindscreens in Wellingborough First class service very courteous staff, couldn't be more pleased"
"Thank you for keeping me Up to date technician friendly and helpful happy with windscreen good job"
"Dave duffy was a very pleasant helpful technician and husband was very happy with his service. Thankyou dave duffy. 6/11/18."
"I used the Norwich branch who came out. Prompt, polite, with constant updates on booking. Totally seamless, fast and professional. Cannot fault."
"It seems to me in my opinion that they lie to get the money by giving you an appointment they cannot fill only to let you down. Arranged an appointment for Friday so paid them well over the odds (compared to local companies) to have the windscreen replaced. Shortly after i receive a call explaining that they cannot fit me in. Lucky for me they had an engineer that could fit me in the following day so i explained that that's fine BUT only if it was before 1 pm as I had to be out. Fine, they said. Its 13.14, i am now running late, no sign of an engineer and I'm told the engineer will be here later!!!! USELESS!!!!!!! I am going to post my experience to everybody i can, sadly for you i am in the motor trade and you WILL be losing business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Rob from Inverness... First class service , phoned auto/wndscrn at 6.30pm on thursday,by Saturday 9.30am the new windscreen was fitted. That's what I call 5***** service , big thumbs up to the fitter Steve for a great job done....many thanks.."
"I called on Saturday and their system dropped the call after their pre-recorded message. I eventually got through and asked the agent what was wrong with their System, "WRONG MOVE" I was abused, insulted, called names and hung up on by some guy that I can only assume was sill drunk off the Friday evening, I complained and from then on it has been a NIGHTMARE, avoid at all cost if you value your Sanity"
"Taking 3 months to get a fitter to my house, lousy service, but I evidently have no choice as they have an agreement with my insurer. So will have yo review my insurer as it reflects on them. they seem to get a lot of 'sick' fitters."
"Ripping customers off. They are a broker not a direct service. Go with a direct service to save yourself a fortune. I paid 100£ for a windscreen chip repair, when the companies direct are charging £25. Their invoice also said it was a replacement window which was incorrect, and when I called to enquire about this and possibly a charge mistake, the guy on the phone was aggressive and defensive. He aggressively told me its my fault, I was given a quote and accepted it. He is indeed right, buyer beware. But little did I know I was accepting to be ripped off. These cowboys should be regulated better. I'm going to report this to the regulatory body. This is daylight robbery.....very unhappy at the lack of care and customer promise."
"Excellent service on time staff member Steve very polite and professional would recommend"
"Only left 1 star as can't chose no stars! Have been trying to get windscreen replaced since April, it's now June and they've cancelled twice due to "fitters calling in sick". Apparently by local centre has x 5 fitters off sick today! Will now be end of June. Might be quicker if you don't work and can make an appointment that suits them but god help you if you have a job / life and can't make a time they can do, & even when you make the effort they don't turn up & often don't even let you know! Not sure how they stay in business other than there's not much competition!"
"Home screen renewal booked, new one arrived cracked. Second home appointment made for 5th June and then cancelled by Auot Windscreens today. My screen is badly cracked, but Auto Windscreens customer services not willing to be flexible/helpful. I have no other days available apart from the 5th June, so am now having to go to Milton Keynes Branch to have new sreen fitted. Poor service!"
"Crayford branch Appointment help desk What unorganised and tried to contact them the whole day eventually after 15 mins someone pickup the call , i called them twice a day before to confirm times and 2 nd call to make payment they mentioned twice when I called the appointment is at 9am , I turned up and they mention 10am and will take over 2 hrs what a joke after they mentioned it would take 90mins I would give a zero star but the 1 star is for the windscreen fitter for his politeness"
"First class service, A nice man that fitted it , very clean no mess a proper job done very plesed. Thank you"
"If i could rate at no stars i would , screen smashed on Thursday 5th april , phoned to try to book replacement after 20mins on phone was told someone would ring back within 1 hr. A further 1 hr 20 mins elapsed without a call from Auto windscreens , so i decided to phone them , after approx 10 mins the phoned was answered the lady told me that they were extremely busy and that's why no one had called back , so then transfered to Nottingham region, the phone just rang and rang , i hung up and rung them again only to be told that i that they had closed at 5.30, so couldn't book an appointment. The next day i asked a friend to book on line for me, which he did the only option was on Tuesday so i booked the 3pm to 8pm slot, When i received the confirmation it was for Tesday 17th April !!! i couldn't believe it. I decided to try and contact them on Saturday afternoon i spoke to a representitive and explained that the vehicle was unusable so he contacted someone whom told him that they would sub contract the job out for sometime this week , someone would contact me Monday to arrange, ( I Thought thats good getting Somewhere ) Had a missed call today , message left said that they had no cancellations and the original booking would stand. This Company mislead and lie to customers , why do insurance companies use them ? will be contacting my insurer tomorrow to change to another company to carry out the work. Just one more thing " Hope you go bankrupt again " you'll be doing a lot people a favor Will update tomorrow"
"Our car was broken into recently, rear passenger window smashed at about 20.00hrs. The following day the engineer, Mike Gorsik, came and put a temporary window in until the new one was ready. He came back very soon after and fitted the new glass. superb job, cleaned the car and door, inside, of all the broken glass. I would recommend Auto Windscreens and certainly our very professional and competent engineer to all. Thank you."
"Don't know the name of the person who did my windscreen but may I say he a great job and tidy up after him."
"Took 4 days to get booked in, turned up to be told they had got the wrong windscreen so wasted 3 hours of my time plus fuel, told them the vehicle was booked for a mot on Wensday they turned u late so I missed the mot and had to pay for it, they couldn't fit the windscreen cos they didn't have the right equipment to do it. Now their telling me it will be next Tuesday before they can do it. They have not rang me back once, still have not had Tuesday confirmed jet."
"Terrible company who insist that their fitters carry out 5 jobs a day regardless of location and weather. Technician fitted a screen in my car and it wasn't bonded properly causing a leak into my car above my head. Promised they would be out with a new screen and replace the poor job but turn up just examine the previous job and say they will have to take the screen back out. Over 30 years in the motor trade I can honestly say its the poorest example of workmanship and customer service I have ever experienced. Insurance companies take note this company is terrible."
Auto Windscreens is rated 3.89 based on 900 reviews