Auto Windscreens Reviews

73% of reviewers recommend Auto Windscreens

About Auto Windscreens: Auto Windscreens is a leading UK automotive windscreen repair and replacement company that works with top insurance and fleet management companies to deliver a fast, efficient service to motorists.

Through our dedicated UK contact centre and our nationwide fitting centre network, backed by an all-weather mobile fitting fleet, we deliver high-quality vehicle glass replacements and repairs.

Customer service and satisfaction are at our core and through innovation we streamline operations, ensuring the entire process, from reporting damage to getting your vehicle fixed, is hassle-free and cost-efficient for all involved.

How would you rate Auto Windscreens?

"If i could rate at no stars i would , screen smashed on Thursday 5th april , phoned to try to book replacement after 20mins on phone was told someone would ring back within 1 hr. A further 1 hr 20 mins elapsed without a call from Auto windscreens , so i decided to phone them , after approx 10 mins the phoned was answered the lady told me that they were extremely busy and that's why no one had called back , so then transfered to Nottingham region, the phone just rang and rang , i hung up and rung them again only to be told that i that they had closed at 5.30, so couldn't book an appointment. The next day i asked a friend to book on line for me, which he did the only option was on Tuesday so i booked the 3pm to 8pm slot, When i received the confirmation it was for Tesday 17th April !!! i couldn't believe it. I decided to try and contact them on Saturday afternoon i spoke to a representitive and explained that the vehicle was unusable so he contacted someone whom told him that they would sub contract the job out for sometime this week , someone would contact me Monday to arrange, ( I Thought thats good getting Somewhere ) Had a missed call today , message left said that they had no cancellations and the original booking would stand. This Company mislead and lie to customers , why do insurance companies use them ? will be contacting my insurer tomorrow to change to another company to carry out the work. Just one more thing " Hope you go bankrupt again " you'll be doing a lot people a favor Will update tomorrow"
"Our car was broken into recently, rear passenger window smashed at about 20.00hrs. The following day the engineer, Mike Gorsik, came and put a temporary window in until the new one was ready. He came back very soon after and fitted the new glass. superb job, cleaned the car and door, inside, of all the broken glass. I would recommend Auto Windscreens and certainly our very professional and competent engineer to all. Thank you."
"Don't know the name of the person who did my windscreen but may I say he a great job and tidy up after him."
"Took 4 days to get booked in, turned up to be told they had got the wrong windscreen so wasted 3 hours of my time plus fuel, told them the vehicle was booked for a mot on Wensday they turned u late so I missed the mot and had to pay for it, they couldn't fit the windscreen cos they didn't have the right equipment to do it. Now their telling me it will be next Tuesday before they can do it. They have not rang me back once, still have not had Tuesday confirmed jet."
"Terrible company who insist that their fitters carry out 5 jobs a day regardless of location and weather. Technician fitted a screen in my car and it wasn't bonded properly causing a leak into my car above my head. Promised they would be out with a new screen and replace the poor job but turn up just examine the previous job and say they will have to take the screen back out. Over 30 years in the motor trade I can honestly say its the poorest example of workmanship and customer service I have ever experienced. Insurance companies take note this company is terrible."
"prompt friendly efficient man on the job......kevin. can definitely recommend him ."
"The technician came 12/02/18 Monday at 4.23pm. He tried to fix my car driver side small vent window. While he was fixing he damaged my window channel. He split the window channel plastic. He left gap with plastic trim. As well he damaged my driver side car door lock. It doesn’t lock anymore. But at the same time my other 3 door is locking. I told him and showed him what damage he did. He was angry with me as well he bullied me. He called me Idiot. Now I left my car is unlocked. But my car was locked before he tried to fix my car window. Another Technician came 14/02/2018 Wednesday to inspect the damage of the car He found the previous technician broke my door lock and split the window channel plastic. He took photograph for all the damage. As well he told me he will order the parts for window channel and door lock. He will sort this matter within 2 days. Every time I called this company they told me we escalate your call, our customer care team will call you and discuss this matter. But until now I didn’t hear from customer care team. Please think twice before you take their service."
A McGoldrick
Verified Reviewer
"Disgusting company! A lot of staff lie and are allowed to get away with it! Caused damage to my car as the protective covers they state they use in their advertising weren’t used and caused damage to my paintwork at the moment they are trying to dispute that they are responsible for this damage!! They also used a naked flame inside my car on the windscreen!! Shocking!! Keep well clear!!!! Would recommend using auto glass instead!!"
"\superb sevice in Wolverhampton branch . Waiting room clean tidy television complimentary coffee Everything explained save over £200.00 compared with market leader. Would recommend to any one."
"Excellent customer service from the lady who answered the phone through to the technician who repaired my windscreen at the new Canterbury hub. Very happy, would certainly use again and recommend them."
"I actually had my appointment with them today cancelled and have yet to have my windscreen replaced, but they informed me at the very start of the day and rescheduled for 2 days ahead of time. They have had excellent customer service from the very first phonecall so it deserves to be recognised."
"Crooks - took payment in advance by credit card then sent a text saying it would be another £40+ Told them to stuff it and went to PREMIER WINDSCREENS you should do the same"
"I had a large crack on my windscreen and after finding out I wasn’t insured I looked for somewhere reputable but not too costly. I looked on Autoglass and they wanted £315 for it however we looked around and found auto windscreens and I paid £140 for the job. The man called Matt was lovely, phoned me 20 minutes before arriving to say he was on his way, the job itself took a mere 20 minutes. I’ve saved myself just under £200 and was very happy with everything the company provided. The lady over the phone, Sophie, was also incredibly polite and explained things very well"
"Appointment booked then they rang two days later to say they had to cancel that appointment and would ring sometime that day to let me know when they could do it never again would I use them phoned auto glass appointment sorted in five minutes"
"would never use this company. Had to go to National windscreen to get my side window repaired."
"Had my van window broken.@ 15.43 Contacted AutoWindscreen customer service to book in for repair. Being told that someone will get back to me asap. NO CALL!! So called again @ 19.35 ,they told me someone will get in touch with you shortly. Received a text message @ 22.09 asking to call back. So I did , but was informed that apparently they tried to contact me at 16.10. After complaining they offered me to drive to coventry from Birmingham next day ,in an unsafe Van or wait for another 3 days. Conclusion: 1.I have provided TWO mobile numbers in order to prevent any miss calls/text. 2.When I called at 19.35 they're was no mention of a their phone call (made @16.10). 3. I could no go to work as a result since my vehicle is not secure which means lost of earning . SHOCKING!! I had been told that they had a very good reputation and that they value their customers. However, I have been disappointed in this. Company’s reputations depend on giving a good and decent service."
M HEREFORDSHIRE
Verified Reviewer
"mike @newport was polite efficient and replaced glass in drivers window.Today at 1.30 p.m. would recommend them to anyone requiring replacement vehicle windows . C.W.COLE. 29/1/2018"
"Very good communication from the start, very good service would definitely use again"
"Repairer arrived as scheduled. He took about 30 minutes to 'repair' a chip and a star crack. Only after he had gone did I see that the star crack looked the same, and all I have is a noticeable blob of resin where the chip was. Looks unsightly, and must reduce the value of my car, so I am going to ask my insurance company for a new screen."
"I was given a date and time for the repair. The technician contacted me whilst en route to provide his expected time of arrival. He arrived at the appointed time, and completed the windscreen replacement within one hour. Excellent in all respects."
Auto Windscreens is rated 3.90 based on 885 reviews