Auto Europe UK Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Auto Europe UK

39 Commercial St., Portland United States

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Auto Europe UK ?

"Offered a different car to what I booked and paid for and despite 2 different calls to their office, have yet to come back to me (2 days after the incident) to resolve the issue. I had to book a very ex[pensive alternative option with e different company at the destination. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY"
"When I wen to collect my pre booked car, I was told it wasn't available and not only that, they wouldn't try to find me an alternative. I was left stranded and out of pocket and they could not have cared less. I rented an alternative equivalent car which ended which cost a little more and when I tried to claim for the difference they refused to pay. Without doubt the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Yuliya G was particularly unpleasant to deal with it."
"Went to pick up a car from Catania airport and because we were delayed by an hour because of the flight, the desk and shut and no one was avialable. Emergency number was an answerphone and when we contacted auto europe it was also an answer phone. This was 10 past 10 at night. Hired another car costing a fortune and when we contacted auto europe the morning after they just ignored all our questions and said it was outside there control. Morale of the story book direct"
"I was not allowed to hire my car and wasn't given any refund. This was because I had a debit card (and AmEx) rather than a credit card. A credit card over the phone wouldn't worth either. I was forced to pay again from the desk next door (Sixt) who hired me a car straight away and had no idea who Europe car (booked via Auto Europe) wouldn't allow me to hire. Yes, it does say in the small print on the attachment that you need a credit card but on the email confirmation bringing a credit card was listed as a 'top tip' with no mention of it being essential and the fact that a credit card over the phone wouldn't suffice. I get that technically they have covered their backs but they can EASILY make this more clear and they showed zero compassion or flexibility on the phone. They didn't even want to requote me using Sixt. They pocketed my £200 for doing nothing and I was forced to spend £360 for another car at the airport."
"Cancellation policy is unacceptable. Not allowed to cancel at the same website that has no problem collecting your money. They could choose to refund, they just refuse. Our cruise was diverted from the port I would have rented the car from by bad weather. This is not customer service."
"Takes my money, but cancel my booking because of later car pick up (delayed because of delayed flight arrival). No car, no money return in result"
"This website took full pre-payment for the car rental. When we show up at the rental venue (in Palermo) we were not authorised to get the car because the card that I used to pay was not suitable to hold a security deposit in case of any damages (the card is a debit one apparently, whilst this car rental only takes deposits via credit card). Customer service at the rental was awful, one of the most unprofessional I have ever seen. From the website Auto Europe there was no help, as their customer support number was invalid. Result: they screwed up my holidays and took money for a service I have never been given."
"I booked a car through autoeurope (Auto Europe voucher number UK3414138-1 EUROPCAR) to collect from Naples airport for our holiday. We paid upfront and flew from the UK to Naples but we were refused the car by europcar (which is where autoeurope were supposed to have arranged for us to collect) we left the airport with no car and had to pay over 200 euros to get a taxi to our hotel. We then phoned autoeurope from our hotel to try and resolve the situation and they offered no solutions, no help, refused a refund and the agent actually seemed to be gloating that they were going to keep our money. I have had exactly the same uncaring response via email from autoeurope since returning from holiday and still no solutions or refund has been offered. So basically they have got my money and gave me no car in return. I am now in the process of trying to get my money back via my credit card. Thank god I paid by credit card and have protection that way. Do not use this company under any circumstances ever."
Auto Europe UK is rated 1.00 based on 8 reviews