Asda George Reviews

Asda George have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their customer service but are unhappy with their delivery and refunds. Full Insights

27% of reviewers recommend Asda George

Clothing
Fashion
Clothing

Telephone

How would you rate Asda George ?

"I received a large parcel (High Baby Chair) in the Mid-August, which I did not order. The person who purchased does not exist in my house, but apparently that person erroneously indicated my house number. I have called ASDA George 3 times since to request a removal and pick-up of what I did not order. However, ASDA George insisted that the person who placed the order should first contact ASDA, then ASDA will contact me to arrange the removal. I told ASDA that the large item occupies my lounge for weeks. They responded that they could do nothing about my situation. Now it's the Mid-October. The large parcel still remains in my lounge and becomes the subject of jokes of my visiting neighbours, family and friends asking it is for my grandchild. According to ASDA, I am not allowed to use or dispose of this item. I am stranded in their malfunctioning customer services."
"Will never order from George again as they use Yodel - shocking. Have wasted my day off waiting in for a delivery which i paid £4.50 to specify day waste of time. I planned to let my grand daughters play with the kitchen tomorrow - not happening as they cant specify when its coming. People work shifts!!!! Lady on customer services couldn't put me through to complaints!!"
"terrible customer service.went to large store in Workington shopping with my daughter. Wanted to buy grey knee socks for school the girl on George was on her mobile phone when I asked politely where knee socks would be she put her hand over the phone and said we don't sell them . I got my groceries and was telling checkout girl did not sell knee socks she shouted for another girl who took me right to knee socks terrible won't buy from George again need a good shake up or train staff better"
"Absolutely terrible service - been nothing but a pain since I placed the order online... they informed me that my parcel would arrive in a couple of days, yet it hadn't even been sent to the courier on the day I was meant to receive it so I contacted them and was told it was a 'delivery network error' and since they didn't provide a solution, I had to cancel the order and reorder it myself. Once I went to reorder the item was back to full price (despite me paying the reduced price originally), since then I have been on the phone to George a countless amount of times trying to explain I was owed a refund. They didn't seem bothered in the slightest, will not be ordering again!!"
"Lost a parcel but didn’t tell me despite me visiting the store three times and calling twice to chase it up.. weeks later I got a refund as all the items were out of stock. Lots of messing about for eventually nothing!"
"We paid for next day delivery. The item was supposed to arrive between 7am and 9pm. Still no sign of the item. Contacted customer services to query where the item was as the yodal app was saying they hadn't received it. Very unhelpful call centre with poor spoken English to add to the frustration. The outcome is that we have just found out by phoning them for the fourth time that it will not be delivered today nor can they advise us when it will be delivered. What type of service is this George Asda?"
"Appalling customer service. Why am I speaking to a lady in the Phillipines!!! She was trying her best to understand the situation, but couldn't! This is terrible. My parcel has been signed for by someone (not me!) and they can't tell me why? No more George at Asda for me!!!"
"The first time I ordered the items were supposed to be in store for 1pm on a Sunday. They didn't turn up until around 2.30pm. The second time I ordered the items did not turn up at all. Then when I called they told me my items went missing in transit. I asked them to reorder for me as I needed these items and they said they could not. I will never use these again. Very very poor service."
"poor customer service. items poorly packaged got damaged,bad customer service"
"Ordered clothing on line , picked the date for collection, went to collect a day later than planned and told items not in store still in transit. Now have to return to collect items. Definitely won’t order on line again . It’s a thirty mile round trip x 2! That’s poor service"
"ordered a kimono on 9th august and still has not arrived! called customer services after 20 mins on hold the answer was ' parcel is lost' we will try and locate it and hopefully should arrive sometime soon! what a joke . Useless customer services, company and courier- do your self a favour and don't order anything from them save your self the hassle"
"Shocking customer service Items not in stock but they dont inform you until you ring up to enquire. No apology as its just their system. its how it is. oh and the foreign call centre with their poor grasp of English is just as infuriating."
"first delivery and 3 bottles of vodka ordered but only one delivered not a good experience doubt i will use them again!"
"Roslyn on click and collect department in Clayton green was lovely being to end. I helped me order a playsuit that was available in my size in-store. She talked me through the process and how it worked and when I came to collect my item tonight she even recognise me and made sure I was happy with my item, wishing me a lovely weekend. THANK YOU ROSLYN for all your help!!"
"Very fast and efficient delivery. Staff very helpful. Item is exactly what i ordered."
"Ordered maternity clothing online as not available to buy in stores anymore. Ordered on Thursday for collection after 5pm Friday. No sign of order all weekend so visited collection point on Monday afternoon to enquire as to the whereabouts. They didn’t know so I emailed customer service to ask and was told my order had been cancelled and refunded on the Friday due to the carrier believing the package may have been damaged. Didn’t get informed until I queried it and received a response on Tuesday evening, 4 days after I should have collected the parcel. Wondering if I would have been informed at all or only noticed when the money was refunded back into my account. I would have still been waiting now with no maternity clothing and no spare money to buy new ones until I’m refunded the money. Once my emails became more angry, customer service stopped responding. Their only concern was that they had given me a £5 e-voucher as a goodwill gesture and expected me to be happy with that. Still waiting on another response. Absolutely appalling customer service and communication. Will not be using George.com again in the future."
"Prompt delivery and great products."
"ASDA HUYTON the customer service at the George desk at huyton store is dismal there is always long queue waited 14 min to get a pick up then palm not working then load of messing all the time the assistant was having a good old moan about a colleague to the other assistant this store has gone down hill there is never anything on the shelves always way behind getting new out items and the assistant just couldn’t care less about the customer yesterday on the George desk there were 5 people 3 just having a gab about what they were doing at the weekend the othrr 2 dealing with customer were doing at a snails pace with a attitude that the customer was intrusive on there day"
"We visited the clothes department in Norwich Asda and feel the clothes have gone downhill over the last couple of years and look kinda tacky. The men's trousers and suits were awful n trousers were just slung on hangers where customers had previously looked at them and it didn't look appealing at all, neither did some of the women's sandals. Very disappointing:("
"Excellent speedy service and always items very well packaged"
Asda George is rated 2.19 based on 64 reviews