Asda George Reviews

Clothing

Tell us how Asda George made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Telephone
"Paid for next day delivery, didn't turn up now got to wait in another day as parcel needs a signiture"
Are you Asda George? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Asda George receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Haversham outdoor patio set ordered in the summer. One chair was faulty having been manufactured incorrectly. This filled up with water which resulted in rusty water marking my patio. Costomer services were advised and photographs sent. Had to wait in 3 times for delivery and collections as part of the set could not be sent out. On one occasion the courier didn't arrive as costomer services had cancelled them but not told us. Still no resolution or interest from costomer services who are insistent that the we had not followed the care instructions and it has been outdoors !! No recognition of the fact that the chair was faulty."
"Ordered a 3 piece unicorn print pj and dressing gown set for £14.00 when arrived and opened no pyjamas just the gown. Called customer service who asked to send back the gown,as couldn't send me out the pj's as part of a set. I asked if they could order a new one. All sold out . When asked why my order was sent out with pj's. ANSWER:warehouse sent out. Asked to speak to a manager sorry on other line call back in 24hrs. Just not good enough, very bad service"
"Faulty patio set purchased from George caused rust marks on my patio. Costomer services ignored the fact that the set was only purchased a few weeks before, was for outdoor used and was faulty despite me sending photos and numerous texts and calls to then. £30 offered as a good will gesture. This however bears no correlation to the £100 needed to clean the patio and the 3 times I have taken off work to stay in for the courier firstly for the initial delivery then to receive a replacent and then to sent the chair back for inspection. Even though the went with the George courier and I have a receipt for it they say they did not receive it !! This is an outdoor patio set with a label on the box which boasts it's coating and none rust capacity. Had it not been faulty it would not have rusted as it did and I would not have a stain on my patio. Costomer services just don't listen."
"Found a huge stringing root in ASDA chunky chicken and veg soup. Yuk - it was chunky alright!"
"Awful ridiculous system now when CollectIng in store! Waited at tills in clothing department of local store to be told ( once the staff had finished their conversation about last nights fireworks) music and entertainment ? Advised it’s clothing I was collecting to have music and entertainment is where you collect them now advised? So off I trundle back downstairs to collect! Back upstairs to try on - changing rooms closed and no staff about now! So took them home fuming - will have to return another day for refund if they don’t fit costing me time and money getting to my not so local local store - fuming will never order again"
"The order was "lost" between the warehouse and courier but tracking always said IN TRANSIT. It was only when I contacted customer service that they worked out that the order had gone missing. I'm not sure they would been aware of the problem if I hadn't queried the late delivery. The replacement order, with one item unavailable, was sent by a different courier but did not reach me on the promised delivery date, so I had to cancel. I would not recommend using and paying for delivery. Collect in store is the only option."
"In the Mid-August ASDA George delivered a Baby High Chair that I never ordered. Obviously the person who ordered does not exist (at least live) at my house. I contacted ASDA George Customer Services 3 times to remove this large parcel from my house. But ASDA George stated that I must maintain this parcel until ASDA George tells me what to do because the person who actually ordered this (i.e. ASDA George's customer) had not yet contacted ASDA George to search a missing parcel. I think that is their own problem and not mine. The customer services told me not to dispose or damage until ASDA George contacts me to tell me what to do. Why should I legally keep and maintain the parcel in my lounge for an indefinite term? What kind of legal right does ASDA George force me to provide free storage / warehousing services to ASDA George? I have a law degree and believe the legal ground ASDA George claims is actually very weak if not none. This is just insane."
"Delivery guy complete joke never came to pick up big parcel 5 times after using all my talk time arranging pick ups that failed I gave up and spent money on a taxi to return item wont be ordering again online from george"
"Never got my delivery. They contacted me once, said we are looking on it. Then i sent a few emails trying to get an answer of what will happen, they never answered back. It's been a month since my order. This was my first experience with this company and of course i can't trust them again."
"I received a large parcel (High Baby Chair) in the Mid-August, which I did not order. The person who purchased does not exist in my house, but apparently that person erroneously indicated my house number. I have called ASDA George 3 times since to request a removal and pick-up of what I did not order. However, ASDA George insisted that the person who placed the order should first contact ASDA, then ASDA will contact me to arrange the removal. I told ASDA that the large item occupies my lounge for weeks. They responded that they could do nothing about my situation. Now it's the Mid-October. The large parcel still remains in my lounge and becomes the subject of jokes of my visiting neighbours, family and friends asking it is for my grandchild. According to ASDA, I am not allowed to use or dispose of this item. I am stranded in their malfunctioning customer services."
"Will never order from George again as they use Yodel - shocking. Have wasted my day off waiting in for a delivery which i paid £4.50 to specify day waste of time. I planned to let my grand daughters play with the kitchen tomorrow - not happening as they cant specify when its coming. People work shifts!!!! Lady on customer services couldn't put me through to complaints!!"
"terrible customer service.went to large store in Workington shopping with my daughter. Wanted to buy grey knee socks for school the girl on George was on her mobile phone when I asked politely where knee socks would be she put her hand over the phone and said we don't sell them . I got my groceries and was telling checkout girl did not sell knee socks she shouted for another girl who took me right to knee socks terrible won't buy from George again need a good shake up or train staff better"
"Absolutely terrible service - been nothing but a pain since I placed the order online... they informed me that my parcel would arrive in a couple of days, yet it hadn't even been sent to the courier on the day I was meant to receive it so I contacted them and was told it was a 'delivery network error' and since they didn't provide a solution, I had to cancel the order and reorder it myself. Once I went to reorder the item was back to full price (despite me paying the reduced price originally), since then I have been on the phone to George a countless amount of times trying to explain I was owed a refund. They didn't seem bothered in the slightest, will not be ordering again!!"
"Lost a parcel but didn’t tell me despite me visiting the store three times and calling twice to chase it up.. weeks later I got a refund as all the items were out of stock. Lots of messing about for eventually nothing!"
"We paid for next day delivery. The item was supposed to arrive between 7am and 9pm. Still no sign of the item. Contacted customer services to query where the item was as the yodal app was saying they hadn't received it. Very unhelpful call centre with poor spoken English to add to the frustration. The outcome is that we have just found out by phoning them for the fourth time that it will not be delivered today nor can they advise us when it will be delivered. What type of service is this George Asda?"
"Appalling customer service. Why am I speaking to a lady in the Phillipines!!! She was trying her best to understand the situation, but couldn't! This is terrible. My parcel has been signed for by someone (not me!) and they can't tell me why? No more George at Asda for me!!!"
"The first time I ordered the items were supposed to be in store for 1pm on a Sunday. They didn't turn up until around 2.30pm. The second time I ordered the items did not turn up at all. Then when I called they told me my items went missing in transit. I asked them to reorder for me as I needed these items and they said they could not. I will never use these again. Very very poor service."
"poor customer service. items poorly packaged got damaged,bad customer service"
"Ordered clothing on line , picked the date for collection, went to collect a day later than planned and told items not in store still in transit. Now have to return to collect items. Definitely won’t order on line again . It’s a thirty mile round trip x 2! That’s poor service"
Asda George is rated 2.03 based on 74 reviews