Architectural Review Reviews

of reviewers recommend Architectural Review

Tell us how Architectural Review made you happy
Dear Sirs,

it is with significant regret that I have to write these notes, but thank you very much for an opportunity to convey them. I have been a subscriber to AR back in the 80s, and again when I got established here in the US continuously from 2003. For years I considered AR to be the magazine without comparison in the world, and as my German friend said: "it saved him in the times of rampant PoMo hysteria". It was a magazine whose project selection I sometimes compared to my colleagues in other magazine when complementing them: "Your current release is almost as strong as an AR one." I appreciate the need to continue to reimagine the format and the content, but it looks to me that the level of intellectual rigor that I appreciated AR for, has been diluted with too many directions in the past 1-2 years. While some of these ideas such as Typology have kept the expected level of sophistication, others such as reputations, etc. seem to be hit and miss as writers biases over-influenced some articles. The current release of Facades is in my view spot on regarding the issues of the day, but somehow the whole selected material has not confirmed my excitement when starting to go through the magazine for several reasons. In the recent few months I have also noticed seeming trend to feature very extravagant basically resurgent PoMo designs, without the necessary sophistication required for a potentially fruitful discourse, which causes the recent professional angle of the magazine to be a slightly off putting. So again, I am truly sorry to have to write this honest opinion, as I have unfortunately recently considered a couple times ending my subscription. You have a lot of good current intentions to refresh the architectural discourse, and we all need a fresh view. However please do not lose what you presented on the world scene so successfully for so many years, architectural profession needs that sophisticated soundness today in a different way as much as it needed it in the late 80s.
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input and are disheartened to learn of your dissatisfaction with our brand. We will take your comments under review and consider how we can do better. Should you have any recommendations on how we could improve, I would ask that you email our dedicated customer services team at customerservices@architectural-review.com. Kind regards, The AR Team.
Good article , and review in deferant angeles
Shows me what is happening all over the world
Excellent coverage of world architecture trends
Thank you.
The articles are consistently interesting, well-written and insightful - which is a vast improvement over the flak dished out by the majority of the other design magazines.
It gives to the point information
News
Essays on current issues
Delight and Outrage pages
Case studies
Recent works of recognised architects and architectural firms
The quality of the project reviews and photography
I made a payment for a 3 month subscription in May and have so far received nothing.
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to have received anything in regards to your subscription. I have emailed you directly in order to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Kyle
AR Customer Services
I've read AR since 1965
It's the history of architecture and in a sense my history in architecture so far. That's something to be happy about
Architectural Review is rated 3.75 based on 51 reviews