Appy TV Reviews

27% of reviewers recommend Appy TV

Tell us how Appy TV made you happy

Telephone
"Shocking box slow. In responsive crashes. How can they sell these. Stuck in contract now must be away out false advertisement"
"Terrible. I have NO tv channels with this service now, only 60 radio channels. Do not fall into their trap. I changed my mind, this is a truly rubbish service. All the apps keep freezing, nothing works and when I try to cancel I have to hold the phone for hours until they answer and ask to wait minutes then hours then days and now I have to pay for the month!"
"DO NOT BUY!!! Terrible rip off. The box is faulty and slow. Not just our box, 2 separate sales reps confessed it was common to be slow and unresponsive. We was told you could watch sky sports although the official sky sports doesn't work you have to stream through dodgy apps littered with adverts. The technician tells you to install illegal apps to watch free films without even asking if that's what you want. But you can't watch anything anyway as it buffers every 10 seconds and that's in a small bungalow with apps tv being the only device and the wireless connection tested as excellent. Shoddy box, shodddy service and extremely unhelpful customer service team! One you're past the first 14 days you can't get out without minimum of £300 fees. Also lots of other hidden set up fees. Do not buy!!!"
"Absolutely garbage can't wait till my contract is up worst I've ever had.not managed to watch one program all way through without it freezing up or no signal. Utter rubbish !!!!!"
"Can't watch chach up TV . Can't watch some channel's . Can't speek to anyone as can never get through just answer phone . Over priced rubbish"
"It's utter rubbish iv had it 4 months now and barley use it. Was told I would get bt sports Sky Sports etc. Wansnt told it would be through internet streaming haven't been able to watch one football game yet without it buffering then eventually cutting out"
"after my last review when I was not happy, I was contacted by a member of the Appy staff called Mathew. he listened to my complaints and very kindly help me sort them out. he took a list of the reasons I was not happy and promised to look into them. I always give credit when its due and would like to thank Mathew for helping me out and leaving me with a package I am now happy with and for dealing with my complaint so efficiently...my confidence is restored!"
"WARNING TO POTENTIAL SUBSCRIBERS!! Do not get involved with this company, I did, and unfortunately I'm stuck with them for 2 years or £501.00! I was told I'd get Sky sports, BT sports and all other things like pause, rewind, record etc...none of them! I have tried to contact them 3 times, but you guessed it..no reply. I have now reported them to BBC Watchdog so that people become aware of this rip off company. As a previous review mentioned it should be called crappy tv! Please do not get involved with this company...you will regret it!!"
"It's all a con never told about £35 engineers fee never told you have to buy memory card to record or stop live tv fourteen day cooling off period but not connected till after the 14 days and then has a cheek to say £501 for cancelling service as I told them on phone they can sing for it I'm paying nothing they will have to take me to court everyone stay clear"
"Appy tv is a joke. Their customer service is plainly terrible. As well is their services they offer. If/when their products actually work it's a pretty good service but it's a rare occurrence that everything works properly. The number they advertise as a customer service contact doesn't work and when you manage to get hold of a representative they either can't help or have no idea how to fix the problem. And when you n try to cancel your subscription because your not receiving the services stated there is a huge cancellation fee. To sum up. DO NOT SIGN UP TO APPY TV EVER!!!"
"I've had a few different tv boxes over the years and Appy TV is just awful! Tries to be too clever and do too much and it just does everything poorly! Straight back in the box and getting sent back! AVOID!"
Hi Robert Bamlett,

We are unable to locate any customer details using either the name or the email provided (or any combination thereof).

To prevent unverified reviews we do request that customers verify themselves. This helps us establish that both reviews are genuine and gives us the opportunity to try and resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Many thanks
Appy Tv
"So far it has not been the TV box as we are yet to be able to use it! The WiFi has been an issue,after being connected it went off with an outage. I don't know why they say it's easy to use the box, we can't even open a programme and am anxious now due to all the bad reviews. I am putting my faith in this Appy TV,, try not to let me down anymore, as I want to give you a five star review. Buy the one thing you really must do is improve the waiting time for calls to be answered,, people have lives to live,, not to be waiting forever on the telephone losing their wits! Overall it sounds like your product could be great,, but only if you are bothered enough about your customers to make it so. I would like to be able to recommend you,, so get it together and wipe sky out of the ether."
"Buffering all the time even with fibre and an ethernet cable direct from the router to the TV box. I have a box in my bedroom but I have not been able to use this as the wifi from the router is not strong enough to reach about 20 foot into my bedroom which is on the same floor. Can't even watch films in 720p as the box is utterly useless and not fit for purpose. Seeing the reviews from others regarding cancellation charges I will be taking advice from Ofcom and Citizens Advice before calling."
"Got everything i need no hasstle"
"Absolute garbage...am sick and tired of paying for something we can't even bloody use!!!its horrendous!!nothing works and when it does it works for 2 seconds and goes off!!DO NOT waste ur money it's a complete joke!!so angry...bloody appy box my ass...is should be the crappy box😡😡"
"After speaking to someone this morning I am happier with Appy tv. It is a shame this wasn't dealt with so effiently before maybe I wouldn't have cancelled. Can you please send confirmation of my cancellation to p.pollard@harrisfalconwood.org.uk stating that there is no charge as stated in our conversation this morning. Many thanks for you help to whoever helped this morning."
"We are so disappointed with the service from Appy Tv. It has never worked films and sport buffer all the time. I have called several times most times waiting up to 20 minutes for someone to answer. We have gone through with several agents over how to set up. We have tried a new box all to no avail. When we rang to cancel it as we are paying for a service we are not getting we were told it would cost £335. Appy TV is an absolute joke and I would advise anyone to avoid them!!"
"Absolutely awful, I was sold something on the basis of being able to use the service to access films, sports and other media apps. The quality is terrible, the navigation software is awful and it is a complete rip off. The only good thing I can day is the customer service is good and they try to fix issues quickly. I ended up cancelling because it kept going wrong and wasn't worth the money."
"Actually it's not that bad, but what I would say is improve the TV guide and recording system, turns out I had a faulty box. Apart from that, not very bad"
"Avoid! Been with them 6 months took aBout 2 weeks and 100 phone calls to get it working doesn't work great and now I am moving house they want 190 quid! Which I can not afford and wasn't told to me when I got the contract I would of stuck with virgin but I couldn't get it in my area no bargain just a rip off!!"
Appy TV is rated 2.07 based on 56 reviews