Approved Food Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Approved Food Ltd
Read Approved Food Ltd Reviews

About Approved Food Ltd:

Approved Food is the largest online retailer of short dated food and drink in the UK. Customers regularly save over £60 on their weekly grocery shop made up of major brands and 'de-Identified' residual stock from the major supermarkets. This mix of products and savings offers our customers fantastic value every day, something that supermarkets and high-street discounters just cannot compete with.

cs@approvedfood.co.uk

Mrs Kay Redknap
Approved Food Ltd 4 star review on 20th September 2017
Astrid Eichler
More Photos & Videos
I have been a customer of Approved food for over 5 years. I used to live in the UK and loved the service. Then this year just because I could I packed up my 4 cats and followed my dreams and bought a cheap farm in FINLAND right next to Russia...2.5km in fact ;) There was only 2 things I really missed. My parents (of course) ....and groceries at at great prices. Here the supermarkets keep prices high because they have the monopoly and there is little competition owing to the low population here ( only 5.5m people compared to 64m in the UK). So you can imagine my surprise and happiness when I found out that I can order a big box of top quality brilliant Approved food bargains for me and my cats at a delivery cost of only £30! The service from DPD is excellent...right to my rural door! The products are always very well packed thanks to your caring warehouse team. Thanks Dan and team from myself and my cats here at the most Easterly Part of Western Europe! Keep up the good work at getting us great deals on some truly fantastic high quality organic product lines ;)
Approved Food Ltd 5 star review on 6th January 2017
Added 2 items to my basket, went to check out and 1 was gone already. I was logged in, so this should NOT happen!. Not happy at all....
My first order a few months ago was amazing. Hence why I placed a 2nd order. Wow what a shambles. All the drinks were flat. The 'Barni' cakes were stale and hard and lastly the children's crisps were also stale. Once unhappy customer
I have been disappointed this time, one box had been damaged upon arrival and contained broken biscuits but both large boxes were soaking wet through to the goods. I've had the contents on radiators overnight and had to wash some containers that had a sticky brown liquid on.
Unfortunately I was out when the parcels were delivered, it rained heavily soaking the boxes through, the bases were soggy and contents wet.
unable to give a review at the moment as i still have not received my order from last week. couriers not very reliable at moment.
Prompt delivery, well packaged, some of the items are cheaper on other sites.
This time too many tins were dented to want to order again
Some really good deals, and carefully packaged, but let down by slow shipping and careless handling by drivers.
Not sure what happens in storage situations but some of our food was contaminated with strong odours from what can only have been cleaning/household products which rendered pretty much most of it going in the bin.bit disappointed as there are some good offers and intended to give to a friend in need.
Well not as good as was , takes to long for delivery ,5 to 6 days , can get order from Germany a lot quicker,
Needs to find better couriers ,

Offers are excellent , just very slow ,
Regards Dave.????.
Usually I have no problems but with my last delivery I had a number of items that were broke so they were of no use also some bath salts that were damaged and went over everything
When I first ordered from Approved Food, there was a wide variety of things to choose from, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to choose items which are not from other cultures and which I don't know how to use, or what they taste like. This often results in being unable to fill a large enough basket to make ordering worthwhile-- there is a limit to the amount of snacks and sweets I can justify buying! I have to say that I now feel less inclined to plough through the lists to see if there is anything I can use.
The concept is excellent but getting a little blurred, in my opinion .
I obviously didn't read the site correctly as I didn't relise some of the good date was back to June 2016.
Having been a customer for several years I have noted that the site appears to be deteriorating. Items available are not much use unless you change your eating habits drastically. Prices are now such that goods are available at Supermarkets and in some cases, the corner shop, are as cheap if not cheaper. Add to this the cost of packing and delivery, in my case it is getting less and less value.
Whilst it is appreciated that overheads need to be paid it would seem to me that the company is trying to grow too big too fast.
This is only one man's opinion, Hopefully others will not agree and the company will prosper.
Mostly good shopping and savings but 3 tins of soup dented and a bottle of bitter lemon that expired January 2015!
Want to complain but they have made it pretty difficult to do so for a working person with little time. Won't shop again unless this review leads to some contact.
I like the idea of approved foods but they consistently let themselves down. My last three orders have been wrong ranging from items missing to the entirely wrong item delivered (horseradish delivered instead of protein bars). The customer service team are fantastic but the fact remains that there is little care & attention put into delivering the right products; as this is an ongoing issue we can only assume there are no intentions of rectifying the problem.
When i first ordered the stuff was brilliant but must say standard has dropped in goods since then-probably wont be ordering again
Delivery charges expensive
My order was delivered to another address even though it had my mobile number on it, I am disabled and had to get my carer to get it for me when it was opened the box of DAZ had been split open and the contents all over my orer my carer had to clean everything inside
Hi Mrs Faulkner

I am sorry to hear about the events of your order. If you contact our Customer Service team they will sort through your issues and we can also see which carrier delivered to you and feedback to them to hopefully improve our service.

Kind regards
One box missing which was annoying but quickly rectified although some items had to be credited as stock had been exhausted
Approved Food Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 7,844 reviews