ao.com Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend ao.com
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B

Categories:
Appliance Retailers
Electrical
Home Appliances

How would you rate ao.com ?

647 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Andy
Fast, efficient and great communication.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about ao.com in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Andy Martin
"Fast, efficient and great communication."
Mrs Riley
"I ordered a new cooker from them and when it came I realized I had ordered the wrong one I wanted a double oven i rang them and explained there was no problem they delivered the new one and took the other one back with no charge fantastic"
"I had a washing machine delivered by AO. The old one was disconnected and the new item installed by Dave and Ron. They was fast, efficient and helpful throughout. I can definitely recommend them. Thank you!"
Marilyn Rogers
Unverified Reviewer
"I purchased several items for a new kitchen in 2016.Service and delivery was excellent. I had a problem with my hide and slide oven and needed a copy of invoice for proof of purchase customer support was excellent retrieving copy and sending me a copy. On every occasion I have rang I have received excellent service and attention"
"Taking insurance payments out for a freezer we haven’t had for nearly 3years and compensation offered was a deal on future purchases, no thank you I’d rather have my £360 back"
"Excellent communication on delivery time and can't fault them. Wish all companies could deliver such good service."
LYNNE
"I have used this company twice now, firstly buying a fridge freezer and months later a washing machine. Both times they were very helpful, their website is easy to use and I now have the app on my mobile enabling me to track delivery for my washing machine. The guys were on time, and took all their rubbish away along with my old machine as requested. Good service all round."
"Easy website to use. Great speedy delivery and efficient fitting crew. Pawel and his colleague (crew YAV 51 ) delivered my dishwasher and microwave. Will have no hesitation in recommending AO."
Mrs C Caddick
Verified Reviewer
"My Samsung appliance didn’t arrive even though I had paid for delivery between 12 and 5 no call from ao to say delivery was not even coming although Webb site kept saying don’t worry your item is next to be delivered. This went on till 7.30 in the evening (meaning I missed an evening wedding reception) when the Webb site completely took the delivery off the internet. Couldn’t get through to their call centre and when I did was promised a call back but this never happened. In the morning tried to ring them but wasn’t able to get through until I pretended to be a new customer, very very poor service would never use again. Have no fridge now having to rely on neighbour but ironically she was going to buy exact product from ao but guess what she has changed her mind."
"1st phone call the night before to say no delivery 2nd guaranteed delivery and fitting 5 days later with no show 3rd rescheduled to 2 days later and couldn't fit...and offered another item with fitting? Very disappointed for first time experience"
"Terrible customer service. They rescheduled the delivery booked 2 weeks in advance because their van was too big for our street - a normal street in Hackney where you can easily park 2 vans. They could not carry the washing machine with the trolley for half block and park in the main street either because it was hard to find parking! Result: rescheduled to next day, half day of work lost, having to wake up at 7am on a bank holiday weekend because the delivery window is from 7 to 12, an unapologetic operator at the phone. I still wonder why a company which delivers product in London does it with oversized vans - and again, the street was not a small at all!"
Vivienne Garnett
"The delivery men were courteous and very quick at setting up our washer/drier thank you indeed from Viv Garnett."
"Absolutely garbage service. Delivery men refused to deliver up 2 flights of stairs, even though there's plenty of room, how do they think the existing appliances got up there!? I will never use again. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
Annoyed London E3
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered a washing machine and fridge from Boots website. Booked for old appliances to be removed. AO delivery van arrived this morning and the guys refused to deliver! Reasons were that access was difficult, although we live in a bog-standard Victoria terrace and would have provided any info requested (none was). Hopeless response from delivery control centre. The men drove off having done nothing. We have now taken our old machine to the dump ourselves (amazingly got it out of the house without problems!) and have no replacement. Will avoid AO like the plague in future. Boots customer line was very polite and will get back to us about rearrangements. Meantime it's the laundrette for us....."
AllyPea
"I ordered a Hotpoint cooker through them and the quality appears good and it was delivered on time."
Peter Hake
"They turned a simple fault on a new dishwasher turned into a saga. I spent hours, if not days, trying to explain what was wrong with photos and explanations. I don't think I have ever encountered a company so wrapped up on procedure, which then turns out to be so ineffective. They appear to genuinely believe they are doing a good job. So bad they make Currys look good."
Teresa Morrison
"Excellent company best customer service I have found nothing to much trouble"
"Terrible service. This company do not own their problems. After selling us an unearthed dangerous oven blowing out our main house fuse on a Sunday leaving us without electricity. Then taking a week to sort out only supplying us with ANOTHER faulty replacement leaving us without an oven for two weeks. A total of 6 half days taking time off work and waiting in for engineers pickups and delivery’s. They have NO quality control and is always your responsibility to chase them up even after numerous complaints and being left without an oven for two weeks. We eventually cancelled our or order as didn’t want to risk receiving another danderous oven or take time off work to wait in on another week day delivery....after facing 2 weeks stress without an oven, two children to feed we reordered a oven with Currys. We have had to do this NOT with the refunded money as that of course takes 3-5 day to appear back in your account even though I paid with paypal and will be receiving the refund to (the instantant transfer service!) We have received a fast next Sunday delivery and better service with Currys. I will never use this company again and would seriously recommend steering clear."
"Quick delivery well informed"
ao.com is rated 3.33 based on 648 reviews