ao.com Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend ao.com
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B

Appliance Retailers
Electrical
Home Appliances

Courier, Own Driver

How would you rate ao.com ?

Nikki Albano
Verified Reviewer
"I used AO.com when I needed to replace my Miele intergated micowave, delivery was 5 days, price was slightly higher than some online retailers but i went with AO because they had stock."
"A year ago I bought a fridge/freezer from ao.com. No complaints about that. But what happened this week totally eclipsed that. On Tuesday I was having a good morning when I received a call from someone who claimed he was from AO.COM. He talked about my purchase and then proceeded to offer a breakdown insurance policy to me. I explained that I didn't want the policy and I was OK with taking the risk. Everything was OK up to that point. Then his attitude took a turn for the worse. He wouldn't take no for an answer and started to question my thought processes in not taking out his breakdown cover, which he insisted was not breakdown insurance at all. He just wouldn't take no for an answer and kept coming back at me. Eventually I had to hang up as I didn't want to listen any longer to what I consider to be a very rude young man. I put a complaint into AO.COM and got a replay apologising that my feelings had been hurt - not for any pressure tactics. I was also informed that AO.COM actually train these people to make these calls and that they were very happy with their insurance product. They said they would listen to the call and give this telesales rep some more training if necessary. I've heard nothing from them since. I'm very disappointed with the rude uninvited call. And with the weak response I've received to my complaint"
"New customer looking to place a decent sized order but need to discuss before purchase. Sent an email to their CS 7 days ago asking for some some to contact me had several emails saying they would but to no avail. Final called and I was bathing my one year old asked if they could call back and still waiting two days later. I hope they don't treat people who have spent good money with them."
"Ao used to be a very good company to buy from. I have purchased several items and always been satisfied. NOT NOW. Absolutely unreliable. Cooker was to be delivered between 7-11am. Time changed several times until delivery due at 1pm. Poor customer service not helpful suggested that they deliver another day so I could waste another day waiting for them to not turn up. Also pestered to buy insurance - the hard sell. Cancelled order. Will never buy from this company again. They have forgotten how to treat customers. TAKE MY ADVISE SHOP ELSEWHERE"
"Total nightmare from start to... well never got product. Problem with order.. took 4 attempts to place order.. promised delivery on 5th July, got email order confirmation of that.. since then nothing! loads of phones calls later nothing, just lots of untruths (lies), now its the 9th July, missed my daughters birthday, so she never got her present, thanks a lot AO. Still no news, how are these people in business?"
Alison Roulston
Verified Reviewer
"Complete agreement with Jean Baxter - faulty Hotpoint product reported within 3 months. Forced to accept service visit. Failed again within 3 months. AO.COM will not help."
AUBREY JOHNSON
Unverified Reviewer
"simple prices site easy to order,very good prices and great delivery"
"I received a phone call at 6.15pm, the evening before my delivery. They informed me that my washing machine had been damaged and I could have an alternative, however I couldn’t have it the next day as they stop loading the vans at 6pm. I don’t live in the property the washing machine was being delivered to. I had driven 3 hours to be at the property for when the delivery was due. (I was going to sleep there so that I was there for the delivery if it was at 7am)"
"After the oven went wrong, we needed a new one quick. I looked at the usual place we go but found the variety of brands and prices lacking. I remembered the TV adverts by AO and checked their website. I made my selection from a wide variety of brands and prices in no time at all, even watching a video that described the oven I picked in more detail that I found very useful. The ordering process was simple, with a variety of delivery and installation choices. The delivery team were polite and efficient too. All in all a great experience shopping with AO and a company I would definitely recommend to others and use again!"
"I had beko fridge freezer delivered on Tuesday I only orderd it late Sunday nyt service was fantastic I will recommend AO to everyone I no I am so happy this fridge is great and company was fab thank you AO."
Steven Evans
"Website easy to use, brilliant information on delivery time, took away all rubbish and made sure that my mother who is 80 had no questions or problems with the item."
"Very quick service delivery man very good Custer service thank you"
"Very good when things are ok. Useless when there is a problem with your purchase. ao.com just pass you on to the maker of the item and you are then at the mercy of the company who made the appliance. No customer service that is recognisable as such."
"Order on the evening received tv next day delivery men splooh kept in touch great service great price aswell"
"I have bought fridge freezers from ao.com twice in a row. On both occasions, the fridge freezers conked out within 3 years - NEVER AGAIN!!!"
"I ordered a Miele washing machine and told AO that I live on the fourth floor with no lift. A week later the driver is on his way and phones me to say that it is unlikely they will deliver the machine because of the stairs. They turn up and say that the Miele washing machine is too heavy to carry up the stairs. In response I point out that they have been aware of the stairs and the weight of this particular product for a week. In the end they agree to leave the washing machine on the ground floor so that I can carry it up myself, additionally the company offers to reimburse me for paying someone to help me to do so. When reminding the delivery people that there's is still the old Hotpoint machine to collect from the fourth floor (which AO promised to collect) the delivery people refuse on the grounds of the machine being located on the fourth floor. I tell them that whilst I would agree that the four flights of going upstairs is a long haul for a heavy Miele, the Hotpoint is a standard weight washing machine going down the stairs and their argument of refusal had been based on the combination of going up the stairs and the machine being a Miele. The AO customer services tried to convince me that the drivers always have to turn up and assess their access. However, their driver told me about his refusal whilst en-route to the property - that's not a proper assessment. When AO tells me I can engage someone else to help me get their machine upstairs they are basically saying that it is possible to get the machine upstairs but they are either unable or not willing to do so themselves. I will purchase the same machine from a vendor who is more upfront and honest about what they can and cannot deliver."
"Absolutely shocking customer service. Sell faulty potentially dangerous item and rather than replace mess you around with hours long time slots from the manufacturers engineer. You do not buy brand new goods to have to put up with this! Will never be buying from them again. Still haven’t sorted faulty item!!!!"
"Ordered on Sunday. Delivery scheduled on Tuesday, morning slot 7am-12pm. Delivery arrived just before 12pm and they refused to deliver fridge freezer into the property as safety gate for kids on the top of the stairs was not taken off. My husband was trying to take off the gate quickly and half of the gate was off when delivery gentlemen decided to leave without leaving the new fridge freezer with the comment from one of the drivers that "Time is money!". Apparently they have 10 min slot to deliver item and to take old one.... No comment! My husband was left with half gate off hanging on two bottom screws... I arrived home ten minutes after as I went out to bring a cake for my son's 1st birthday tomorrow, not knowing that fridge freezer is not going to be delivered today and that destiny of that cake is going to be uncertain. I called them strait away to ask to try to bring fridge today as my husband took off security gate and their answer was that is not possible. I mean, I live in zone 3 in London, how far you could get in literary 10 min that you can't turn back. I would not complain if it was any other appliance, but fridge is essential specially when you have two small kids, and reason for choosing ao.com was because quick delivery. How bad judgement, how bad choice, now I see. No correct customer service, wrong drivers attitude. Apparently they will deliver tomorrow morning. Until then my dinning room and kitchen look like storage as we had to pack hallway and stairs staff away. Let us prepare for son's 1st Birthday now. So awful and disappointing from you ao.com. Will avoid you in a future in a large diameter."
"Would have given 0 stars but no option for that Placed order for washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave Payment was taken delivery date given Date came nothing delivered Phoned Ao told order had been cancelled money returned to bank next day Reordered items but this time charged 5 tines the amount all in pending changes with bank Order cancelled again Now been waiting 5 days for money to go back into account In mean time orders items from CURRYS no problem items delivered Today AO. Try’d to deliver items even though cancelled!! Rang AO they can not understand why items have been delivered when they them selfs cancelled the order AO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER TAKE A LOOK AT CURRYS EXCELLENT SERVICE UNLIKE AO AO DISGUSTING SERVICE DONT USE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE MESSED ABOUT AND CHARGED 4 or 5 TIMES FOR ITEMS"
Brendan Maher
"Good delivery options, products and excellent customer service."
ao.com is rated 3.03 based on 572 reviews