ao.com Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
07AM
7AM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B

Categories:
Appliance Retailers
Electrical
Home Appliances

Tell us how ao.com made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
customer service
"Do not use ao.com The 1st fridge / freezer I bought from ao.com would not fit into my integrated kitchen (even though I was reassured it would). They then sold me a 2nd appliance which fit, good start, but the bottom 3rd of the fridge is unusable as the fruit & veg drawer only comes out half way so you cannot get things in or out of it easily. As a vegan this is a major issue! The story from ao.com is that it is a design feature not a design fault!"
Are you ao.com? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Great customer service, problem with my order due to my paypal account address details not being updated (my fault). AO contacted me and resolved quickly to get my order out. Would recommend and purchase from again"
"All round excellent service and great delivery men, very helpful and friendly. There ref is Hey22 Alan"
"Excellent service our washing machine arrived “free delivery “ and the service from start to finish was as I have said excellent."
"Poor delivery service. I called twice when placing order to ensure drlivery of fridge freezer could be made downstairs. First team who turned up spun me a tale about losing their lifting gear out of the back of their van. Second team told me this was bulls**t. They said they didn't have lifting gear. I cannot understand how a firm that sells heavy duty appliances can send it's delivery teams out without any lifting or stairclimbing equipment. Poor. I will not use them again."
"I do not recommend AO's installation service for integrated dishwashers. We paid £90. They installed the dishwasher crookedly in the space and then put the door on so crookedly that there was no gap bottom left but a 6mm gap top right, so the door would catch every time it opened or closed, and escaping steam would have warped the door and frame finish. Although they sent another pair of 'fitters' to put it right, they spent most of the time saying they couldn't and when they left, it was no different - they seemed clueless and unprofessional. We had it put right ourselves and discovered they had installed the dishwasher at the wrong angle and had removed brackets that were supposed to support the door as well as using screws that were half the depth they should have been. No wonder it was crooked. Do not pay them for installation. Either do it yourself or pay professionals."
"Very un profrsional. WhenThey came to deliver my washing machine but didn't want to take it up the stairs as we live on the second floor. Their excuse was there was no parking but there was lots of parking. Will never buy from these cowboys again. Lazy drivers who don't want to walk up the stains and robotic office workers."
"Vinny and Karl dropped off this morning, 100% nice guys and thanks."
"Chris Martyn - great service"
"Dishwasher installation paid for. AO arrived but left my elderly mother stranded refusing to turn off the stopcock - when I spoke to the delivery driver he said he was new to the job and didn't know how to turn it off. Awful service won't be using AO again."
"I would love to give AO zero stars if I could. We ordered a miele wasching machine and a tumble dryer as well as a fridge. Everything was fine with the items and the delivery, the installation was the issue. During the installation a valve behind our wasching machine got damaged and leaked leaving us with a flooded dining room. We had to rip out the soaking wet carpet to prevent further water damage and send a claim to AO. After a lot of back and forth our claim was rejected twice claiming it was our pipe work so they weren't liable. We are super annoyed and are now having to carve out the cost for the repairs and replacement of the flooring. DON'T ORDER WITH THEM!!! Or at least don't expect help when things go wrong."
"One of the WORST companies I have dealt with. Through Next ordered Belling Dishwasher and Samsung oven. Dishwasher broke down in first three days, wrong Samsung oven delivered. Paid extra upgrade to Bosch dishwasher and paid extra to upgrade oven. This time Samsung oven delivered was faulty. Trying to get a refund was a nightmare, AO is run by idiots who cannot work out simple maths. Say they will ring you back, they don't. Spent hours on phone and got nowhere. Bank details were also hacked into not a secure site. BE WARNED THEY AO ARE USELESS."
"Had TV one day it broke so just fob you off by passing you to the manafactors who don't want to no they are breaking the law be warned do not shop at so.com"
"Tina-Binder Absolutely brilliant service very reliable. Very satisfied with everything."
"Very reliable."
"Purchased Hotpoint washing machine 15 months ago. Drum bearing has broken on machine and ao.com refusing to offer any remedy on basis machine is 3 months outside warranty. Will never use online retailer again for white goods. Have gone to local retailer for replacement and received a proper service. Avoid ao.com at all costs."
"We ordered a fridge freezer and paid for disconnection of the old appliance and connection of the new one. The first delivery team were extremely unhelpful and seemed to find every excuse under the sun not to take away our old American fridge freezer and install the new one leading to a wasted day for us. They stated that they would have to drag the old appliance across our wooden floor and then claimed there was no way of disconnecting the old fridge freezer. We then had to get someone in over the weekend to disconnect the water pipe - something that turned out to be a very simple, straightforward task. I'm pleased to say, the second team (Lack and Arty - Crew COVV 186A) recovered the situation - nothing was too much trouble. They removed the old appliance without any fuss and brought the new one in. They had suitable equipment for lifting and moving both appliances taking great care with our floor and around the worktops. I think they too were puzzled at what the first team had found difficult!"
"Item arrived the next day. Very pleased."
"Item less that 16 months old and ao want me to pay to sort it out even after I have told ao that I have spoken to Trading standards and under the 2015 consumer rights act it is your responsibility to deal with this you still refuse, I have written an email of complaint and copied your CEO in and given you 14 working days to address this issue. As I promised you I have already posted on "Trust pilot" and left a damming review and will on all sites including Facebook and I will NEVER use ao again and spend my money this your competitors and advise others to do likewise."
"Fantastic service, very friendly and helpful drivers Vinny and Karl."
ao.com is rated 2.94 based on 684 reviews