ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Called the delivery driver four times to confirm delivery time at 10:30am. Delivery driver guaranteed for 10:30am arrival and arrived at 9:30am. As our estate agents could only give us the keys at 11am, we told them to wait. They decided to leave and return at 3pm. They returned at 4:30 (1.5 hours late), and picked up only half the items on the inventory.

When I called customer service to complain, 2 hours later, I have spoken to 3 different people and still have no idea when the rest of my items will be delivered.

Absolutely dreadful service. Would not recommend.
This company should be closed down. They are an absolute disgrace and I really don’t want to give them 1 star it should be minus 100
Used them to move furniture and belongings from Uk to Spain. We now find ourselves nearly £10,000 out of pocket. All my husbands Bose items have been stolen, along with iPads Curve TV and clothes. The items that were delivered are damaged my Italian leather sofa is ripped £4K my white furniture has been trod on and everything is filthy and damaged. 3 weeks later AnyVan have wiped their hands of the problem. Saying it’s nothing to do with them. I am going to trading standards this company should be shut down they are a bunch of cowboys
I lost£109 because the seller was not in so I didn't get the item I'm a 79 year disabled lady and that money was a lot to me no customer service at all would not recommend to anyone
Very unprofessional service, engaged them to collect a bookcase and supplied a picture for them. Turned up at my house without the shelves. Essentially, they have washed there hands of it."Not our fault" so sort it yourselves! Absolutely diabolical.
DO NOT USE THEM.
I used this service because the website states that your move is insured - I thought this made it worth paying the extra money rather than just using someone with a van or hiring a van and moving myself.

The driver lost a supporting beam for my table in the move. When I contacted the company about this, they said they would get back in touch and it took a full month of me chasing them for them to finally tell me that my items were only insured if the driver stole the entire contents of my move or if the van set on fire and all items were destroyed - apparently individual items aren't covered.

I'm obviously shocked by this policy and now have to replace a full table that cost me £325 because the driver has lost a beam that it is useless without.

I work from home and not having my table for a month has been extremely inconvenient. If I had been told this policy in the first place when I first complained, I would have looked at replacing my table sooner rather than waiting for a month to be told they won't be taking any action.

It's particularly frustrating, as the driver claimed the beam was never there and that they moved the table in two parts. The table was actually moved in six parts, with the driver delivering five of the six parts, so their story clearly isn't true. I understand that drivers must move a lot of items and probably don't remember specific items from individual moves, but it's clear that Anyvan's policies remove responsibility for lost items from their shoulders if they simply say they never saw an item or deny it even existed. Of course, nobody is going to admit they lost an item if they know they can simply deny having ever seen it, so it's not great for the customer.

All in all, I'm really disappointed and have lost £325 due to the driver's negligence and dishonesty and the company's unfair policies.
I never leave negative reviews but on this occasion, I have to. The worst experience ever. Don’t use them AT ANY COST!!!! I booked two men with a van a few days before. The website is difficult to go through as you need to put everything single item, some items didn’t even feature in the website for the user to click. It is hard to tell days before how many boxes and items! So I put plenty, as an approximate to make sure it covers the whole amount and was expecting for them to review and ask for am extra fee. The movers said three of the boxes were too heavy to carry, and I had too many things. They talked to their boss who said it was to their discretion to take the full amount (they said they might not be enough space. It was a lie as it was huge) I made it very clear I was furious and lost my temper. Anyvans reaction was just outrageous. I would have been happy to pay more but that was not an option. My partner and I helped in the hope to put as many items as possible, so it was 4 of us carrying. They just took what they thought was fair and strictly what was ticked on the website (although two of us he lied when only two of them were meant to carry) and left me behind with 30 mins to find another van as the next tenant was moving in. I had to rent a van (when I had never driven a van). I was so furious and stressed, I scratched a car by mistake. That cost me an excess of £1000. Very expensive move and the most stressful ever. Would they have been a little more understanding and caring, none of this would have happened. Moving out is one of the most stressful experience and no one should be left behind like that when the van actually has space. disgraceful
Scratches on my furniture after dragging not lifting the top section of my display cabinet. The two removal men were told 3 times to lift the top but this was totally ignored. I informed the company before the furniture was moved to the destination point. I thought at the time that something would be done - not likely. I have sent photos of the damage and basically it's my word against the transport provider NOT Anyvan. Although the men said they couldn't see any damage until the top was removed, that was because they weren't there. The top sits back from the base so there is a 2 inch gap (where some of the scratches has been caused). Don't think that you are dealing with Anyvan, they have just made themselves a middle man! I even provided a duvet to protect my furniture whilst it was in transit. Avoid this shambles of a company like the plague if you value your property!
Moved within London
this is a negative feedback about my experience with anyvan.
It was booked for yesterday at 1pm (they already said that the window will be between 1 and 3 pm).
After 2 i started checking the ETA and every half an hour there was an update about delay on top of delays.
Eventually, they called me at 5pm telling me that my driver had a problem with the tyre and they proposed to do the service another day.
There was no potion for me becuase i had to move that day.
So, they called another driver that came after almost an hour and half.
So, the total delay was of more than 6 hours.
Today i write a complaint and the only thing the proposed was a ridiculous 10 pounds of refund.
I replied telling them that for 6 hours, plus the incovenient of the saturday evening and all the additional cost afforded it was not enough.
They replied to my email saying in a very fake polite way, that the amount proposed was the only thing they will do.
Bad - very bad. Do not use these guys. I ordered two guys to move a sofa one story up. Simple job. The movers bashed around the sofa against the walls and doorframes, they caused extensive damages. We have recently repainted all the walls along the staircase when we did our attic conversion. We have the proof of the work. The company has refused to take responsibility for what their workers did. It's not professional. Their staff are not trained properly. It would cost a fortune to repaint the walls. Now we have to live with the horrible scratch marks, each time reminding me of their terrible job.
My experience has been DISAPPOINTING!
I had a move from Italy to Germany. By a Lazio relocator
PAUL
Saying that the packaging material was also included, when in fact I found myself having to buy scotch, last cartons!
But it was only that! Unprofessional staff who asked me for € 300 more to bring more things .. They ruined some chests of drawers, small doors and lost me a piece of the table where it could be extended and also they did not assemble the kitchen saying that they did not they managed to the last!
But the worst thing to have waited for them for almost 15 days without all my things, a great discomfort!
I had nothing at home, nothing at all !!!!! Without warning !!!!!!
I had to call the relocator, losing my day of vacation that I had now established! I also complained to Anyan and their response was that after the contractual part they no longer have anything to do with it !! And the absolute shame is that the carrier has never sent me the receipt EVER! Therefore keeping also the part of VAT 🤬 and there is no mention of peanuts! A real disaster!!
Worst experience. Would never use this company again. When you look at the website you think you are getting professional uniformed drivers with clean company vans. Not the case. They sent one person instead of the two requested. The vans which came were dirty, the first driver was not interested in our issue and disappeared, they gave numerous promises and new time slots which were ignored. Finally turned up and they could not pick up everything they were contracted to do because they were late and we had to arrange pick-up by alternative provider. They refunded a tiny amount because they failed to arrive early but not for the inconvenience or the fact that they did not pickup or deliver everything they were contracted to. Customer services were arrogant and I was even told I was given a good deal to start with and therefore in essence should be grateful!!! I could not recommend this company to anyone.
ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS. DO NOT USE. The driver saw a dog bed on my house and said he doesn’t carry “animal things” that his van is “clean” and refused to take my items.
I called customer service and they refused to give me my money back even though the driver moved absolutely nothing! They just kept my money and now I have to find a new company to actually do the move.
WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
Terrible is too mild a word for AnyVan service
If I could I would give them 0 stars. The worst experience ever. Please don't book with them - extremely bad business and customer service. I have booked their van to pick up my stuff. The van arrived on time - although huge for just a flatshare. When they arrived at my new place, they just told me that they cannot bring my boxes to my new flat because there is no parking on the same side of the street??!!!!! This is London, such things are rare. Furthermore, in the era of the internet, google maps and GPS they did not check if and where is parking available. The driver got fined (£110) and it took him more than 30 min to get in touch with the Anyvan. Then they finally called me to tell me that they cannot deliver my stuff because there is no parking on the same side of the street and that the drivers will just bring my things into some storage place for which I will need to pay - and when they notify me where it is and when I pay for the storage, then I can take my stuff. WHAAAAT??? simply unbelievable. They even told me that a customer needs to arrange parking (and btw my building is a newly built and many people got their stuff delivered without any problems) - which is not true because when I called them to ask for that they told me that all is OK and I should not worry (that conversation with the Anyvan agent was taped). So basically, they took my money and they wanted to drop my stuff into some bad storage who knows where and at which price and leave me to deal with that. Luckily a man living in my building arrived and told the drivers that they can park in front of our garage to unload my things and that he will help them (so, the drivers had parked at the wrong place). The drivers did not want to do that until I paid £110 for their parking ticket and then just unloaded my stuff on the ground floor and did not bring them to my flat. They even told me that I should have mentioned that the garage doors are not tall enough for such a van. Again WHAT - nobody even asked me anything about that when they were taking my money. Terrible. Awful company. If you want to waste your money, lose your stuff and then carry it by yourself - only then booked Anyvan.
Booked an Anyvan removal as per recommendation of Ebay seller. Did a bit of quick research and saw the high reviews on Trustpilot so decided to go ahead with the move. Pricing was in the ball park of general man in a van type services and as it seemed it was a fully fledged company all seemed to be ok. Collection went ahead for my two items and then the driver did other jobs (which i don't have an issue with) but eventually when my items were delivered, one was broken during transit as it didn't look like it had been secured in the van properly and the leg was broken off of the piece of furniture. Both the driver and I took photos and he said to call Anyvan to report it as there is insurance in place and he left. I called Anyvan as soon as i got in the house and reported it. I received an email the next day asking for all the details which i promptly returned the same day along with pictures of the damage.. I have been calling constantly for the last two weeks trying to get an update and just being told every time that they are trying to get hold of the transport provider to "mediate".. After doing more investigation I found that Anyvan just subcontract all the work out to man in the van people which is misleading because all the images on their website show branded vans and people with branded shirts and jackets etc.. Only when you dig around the website do you see that they mention some "transport providers" don't have branding.. So now i have to sit and wait with a broken piece of furniture, a customer services team that don't really have customer service at mind and still no idea what is going to happen with my claim or anything.. Last update, “we are still trying to get hold of the driver..” but no doubt, that driver is still taking Anyvan jobs!! There is no timeframe as to when this will get sorted out, I just have to sit and wait.. Its absolutely ridiculous how bad the service is from Anyvan! Quick to take your money but wet tar moves faster when you try and get anything done as in this case! Rather look for another moving company that doesn’t subcontract work out otherwise rent a van yourself and save the possible stress if something goes wrong!!

**Update**

Apart from taking forever to get back to me, this is part of the response i have received:

"Despite our Terms of Use being clear that AnyVan are not liable for damage, we can, in certain situations, decide that a goodwill gesture is appropriate.

In light of this, I would like to offer you £100.00 by way of an apology for the issues you have encountered."

So for all their boast of £50k insurance, and with their business being moving of goods, apparently damage while moving is not covered... Great company this is! Steer clear everyone of this sham company! I am going to be posting this on every single review site that i can find!

Oh, and by the way, it clearly states in their insurance T&C's on their website that they do cover damage during moving! So i am fighting them on this!!

Hey Anyvan, what is your response to this now???
The two men came to remove a sofa bed from my flat. They ended up making a hole in the wall and damaging the bannisters.
They asked me to sign to say the delivery had been made and what they were actually making me sign was a damage liability waiver!
Therefore I have been totally conned by this company who not only have damaged my property but now do not acknowledge any of my responses.

Are actually fraudsters working under the guise of a professional company!
Paid for premium packing service. Unfortunately they took this to mean "just chuck the stuff in boxes". Lots of damaged items and customer service blamed us as apparently their contractors didn't know that you can't just put a pile of glass items in a box without them breaking. Apalling.
Dreadfull service. Rude workers, damage to items.
Do not use this company. I was moving from my flat and placing my furniture into storage whilst I moved. I thought the service questionable initially as I was moving my stuff into storage with two men helping me when they said that that was everything and it was only as I had moved things into the unit and had left a room at the front for my almost brand new tv. When I asked them they got my tv was which they had left downstairs on the trolley. Months later when moving into my new house I realised that my whole Laura Ashley wrought iron bed base was missing. I phoned any van and they had no sympathy at all and said I had signed to say that the service had been completed. Obviously my bed frame had been left on the Van and the dishonest/ lazy men had probably dumped it rather than return it! The service can only be compared to that of the chuckle brothers but just not funny!!!
All anyvan cares about is taking your money, then they become extremely lackadaisical in sending you any information ( emails & test ) about your move. Imagine a collection I booked since Tuesday for today Thursday, and I’ve got no text or emails about the collection. This is so they can show up and find no one around, then they collect another 50% to reschedule. To avoid that, I called them myself to let them know I haven’t gotten a time slot or any information about my move. The customer service sounded surprised and said emails were sent, but I got nothing. This happened twice and I had to pay 50% to reschedule because the only other option is to cancel without refund. They refused to accept they are at fault for not sending a text as they said they would. The customer service is so terrible, they kept arguing they sent a text, I asked to speak to a supervisor, they claimEd to book a call and I will get his call since last Sunday, this is Thursday and no one called! Liars and thieves! A move of £36 is now over £80. Just terrible! I will never used their terrible service anymore.
Stay well away from they will rip you off big time. They never tell you the truth till the last minute when it's to late. The customer service is like talking to robots. Please stay well away there is not even any leeway with the price. THEY ARE A JOKE CON ARTIST COMPANY ALL ABOUT THE MONEY AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.
ANYVAN is rated 3.14 based on 878 reviews