ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
The worst experience I have ever had with a company. My van never showed up, and the driver repeatedly lied to me and said he was on his way, while I could see on his tracking he wasn't. I waited an entire day for him while he made excuses, and eventually watched as he drove straight past my town to the other side of the country after promising he would be with me next. Customer service were useless in every way while I tried to resolve this. Eventually another van shows up, 24 hours later than I had booked. They damage a street sign, which they took no responsibility for. Once the van is packed, they spend ten minutes standing around chatting to each other in another language while I wait for my Uber. I repeatedly ask if everything is okay, and they say it is. It isn't until I am getting into the Uber that they tell me they have locked the keys in the van. I had frozen food in the van. I went with the Uber and waited at my new flat. Eventually the van shows up and they unload it, thankfully without incident. I repeatedly tried to raise these issues with customer service and found them to be avoidant, obnoxious and condescending. I have still not received a refund. A truly appalling company at every level, from lying drivers, to incompetent and rude customer service.
Absolute shambles! DO NOT USE this company! Firstly the van turned up 1 hour late (we had a time slot of 12-2pm they turned up at 3pm), then when it arrived it was a small transit van not big enough for the itinerary, we flagged this to the 2 drivers who said it would be fine and would fit after looking at the flat. We had paid extra for them to pack everything which included them bringing the boxes and the packaging materials. They turned up with used crisp packed boxes with holes in and Sellotape, no bubble wrap, at this point we realised we were going to pack it ourselves as the van men were so slow it was never going to get finished, we had to use bedsheets to protect the vases as they didn’t bring bubble wrap. After 3.5 hours they had packed only half the van up and at this point agreed with us that it wasn’t going to fit!! This was at 6pm on a Friday night, called Any van who said they couldn’t get a bigger van out so the drivers would have to do 2 trips. We kept packaging and could see the drivers sat in the van for 45mins while we were packing even though we had paid extra for them to do it……THEN we saw the van drive off!!!!! ….we had to run after and call them to see where they were going…they said they were going to our new house but at this point we didn’t have the keys (as the estate agent had closed already because anyvan were so late). We got them to come back and finally we all set off to the new house, at the new house they smashed a vase and a mirror and then had to go back for the second load of stuff. They started at 3pm and finished at 1am because they had to do 2 trips meanwhile our buyers couldn’t move into their house until the next day which is technically illegal. In total we paid £528 and after all the above complaints we got £30 refunded!!!! SUCH A JOKE!!! Worst company!
Appalling service. Yesterday I booked a next-day pre-12 collection (at a premium rate) and was informed this morning (after I called them to find out expected times...) that it may not actually be going ahead as a van is apparently off the road. The woman I spoke to was at pains to emphasise that it's "not our fault, it's not like a driver slept in"... Erm okay then! She also implied that I was being rather inflexible by stating that no, this afternoon, would not be suitable (if the afternoon was suitable, why on earth would I have paid extra to have the job done in the morning?!). So I currently have people waiting in for the collection and for the delivery, I have had the money taken out of my account and, as yet, no confirmation as to whether the job will actually be carried out (12pm is rapidly approaching!) Surprise surprise, when I asked how quickly the cash would be returned to my bank account if the job doesn't go ahead, i was informed it would be "around 3 days"....
Super rude driver, I question the safety of my items as they were unloaded, driver got signature and didn’t complete the job, misinformation between driver and the company so he claimed to not be able to complete the job.
Unfortunately I’ve had a terrible experience the first time I used AnyVan & definitely won’t use them again. I would strongly advise against anyone using them, as you have absolutely no protection at all. According to their terms & conditions, they’re not liable for any damage to your goods that they’re transporting or to your pick-up or delivery properties. Clause 8.1 of their contract states “AnyVan shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage to any of your goods or premises or any other loss suffered by you arising out of the contract.” I had understood this to mean “outside” of the terms of the contract, but it in fact means that you’re not protected for any damage caused by them / their Partner to anything. Thankfully my goods weren’t damaged, but AnyVan’s Partner who moved my goods ripped the garden gate off its hinges, didn’t tell me at the time (I was in the house preparing the space for the goods to be placed), & have now denied doing it, as well as any liability for it. Originally I was told that I needed to provide evidence that the gate was fine when they arrived, but that’s ridiculous to do because that assumes you’re expecting them to damage things, which in good faith of the agreement, I wasn’t. They then said that actually they’re not liable for anything & can’t take my complaint any further. Sadly this is exactly why I’ve never used a service such as AnyVan before & definitely won’t be using them again. Be warned!
Unacceptable. How did a company go to such low depths? They assigned a completely worthless moving company who does not know what they were doing. Came with a van that did not have enough space for my items, I had booked more items than they actually transferred. I had to move half the stuff myself due to the weaklings that call themselves movers that turned up. No skills, should have just got a man with a van, at least they know which side is up. They left my job midway to do another one and returned in the evening after me being very stern that it had to be completed the same day. Broke my glass tv table due to their incompetence and mover promised me they would replace it (but now unreachable). I had insurance for the move, but the excess is much higher than what the item is worth. Anyvan said they will look into it and now after burning my 7 day claim period came back to me to say they cannot do anything. Leaving me in a situation where insurance company may not now honour the claim. Horrible experience, don't use Anyvan, instead use a company where you at least can speak to the movers directly. You have been warned. As for me, small claims court it is.
THIRD PARTY COMPANY THAT SUPPLIES LOCAL MAN AND VAN SERVICES NOT A REMOVAL FIRM EMAIL SENT TO THE COMPANIES MANAGING DIRECTOR With regret I find I have to email you personally about the house removal that your company was instructed to carry out for us on the 28th June. We have phoned your company and sent countless emails , your representative’s attitude is one of they couldn’t care less about the predicament they left us in.. They have given us a partial refund but this in no way out weights the stress ,injuries, extra work and damage that your company caused. We booked Anyvan as a removal service expecting at least a 7.5 ton lorry plus a van . Your people turned up on the day , on time but in one Luton van, shortly afterwards another Mercedes sprinter lwb van appeared. At this point alarm bells started ringing , two small vans to move a 5 bedroom house from Bedford to Northampton. Im sure you are aware as I see you have years of experience in the trade that this was never going to be enough space to even nearly move all of our household goods the 28 miles needed. Four guys then started loading both vans at a frenzied pace, at this point I would say they were quite quick with loading boxes. They soon realised that there was no way all the stuff was going even nearly fit into their vans . The lead removal man then started ringing people to try and get another van to the property, he was unsuccessful . He then wanted to go to Northampton and unload both vans and come back for a second load, this was at approximately 10am and he still had more to load. . A trip of 56 miles with unloading was never going to take place before the 12 o’clock completion time plus we hadn’t completed on the new property so he could not unload. At this point I had to use one of my companies van to move our belongings. I managed to get the vendors to agree to me putting my tools into their garage, so I then went to Northampton and unloaded . While I was there your men turned up in their vans!! I had already told them they could not unload till exchange so they had had to sit outside the house. They hadn’t got anywhere near the full amount of furniture in their vans . Beds were still in the bedrooms , white goods still in the garage and chairs in the living room to name but a few items,. The sofa had been left at the side of the road and stuff was all over the driveway. I questioned the men about a another van being sent and was told they couldn’t get another van . My wife rang your company and we were promised a call back from a manager to sort it out , this never came. It was 12 o clock by this time with exchange pending!! I as the only one with an empty van then had to drive back to Bedford and empty my own house , my wife and I had to bring beds downstairs and load . I had to load the washing machine and tumble dryer and countless other things myself as our buyers were by now outside waiting to move in. We moved everything else that I couldn’t get into the van onto the driveway so the people could move in. At approx. 2pm I had a phone call to say that our new property had exchanged so your people could unload. They unloaded everything into the garage and kitchen rather than the rooms they items were supposed to go into , you could hardly move. After this they returned to Bedford with ONE van!!! It was soon apparent that they still were not going to get everything in, the buyers of our property said “ look at then their just ramming your stuff in the van ” I left with another load to Northampton as they assured me they could take everything and by this time it was gone 4. I arrived at Northampton and started to unload they turned up approx. an hr later and you’ve guessed it ! hadn’t got everything in it was still all over the old houses driveway. They unloaded my van and their own and I was left to do another trip to Bedford for the rest of the items.( was anything stolen? Don’t know still unpacking ) We have since found damage to many items and are told by your representatives that they will not cover it as we have no pictures of the damaged bits before the move , how could we have? Nobody has pictures of every square inch of their goods.. The way our property was treated with disgusting, no care was taken at all.. The carrier has of course denied any wrong doing.. On the whole as I’m sure you will agree the service was shambolic at best and I would hope that you would give it your attention . The vehicles were not up to the job and neither were the operatives, we needed a professional mover, not a man and van.. If we had not been able bodied and able to deal somewhat with the situation I do not know what the outcome would have been.. PLEASE BE AWARE , YOU ARE EMPLOYING A LOCAL MAN AND VAN SERVICE WHICH YOU COULD EMPLOY YOURSELVES AT HALF THE PRICE AND YOU WILL HAVE MORE COMEBACK WHEN THEY /IF THEY DAMAGE YOUR BELONGINGS. THIS IS NOT A REMOVAL FIRM Complete waste of time
Last time anyvan movers can able to deliver 3.1 Cubic size goods to my property at first floor but this time i booked the household items from the same property with size of 2.1 cubic but this time they unable to pick and expected to customer to provide the parking entrance arch size to decide what kind of van for transport but as a customer i knew that my items occupies only 2.1 Cubic. Even customer provides other option to park to Anyvan driver, but driver speaks so harass and threaten you for extra money Even description of all household goods mentioned clearly on booking quotation, Anyvan driver mentioned like we got list as mattress and box. Very poor coordination between company and their van drivers...I never again use or suggest to anyone.......very very poor service.....
Overall terrible service. The key thing is that AnyVan is just a site that links you to random people with vans. They have no control of quality so it can be really poor. Dreadful experience overall. Driver did not arrive in the allotted slot, but no notice was given that he was running late. Eventually reached AnyVan and they said he’d be another 2 hours. 3 hours later at 6pm we got a call to say he wouldn’t be coming at all. They booked us in for the next day but couldn’t guarantee a van. After hearing nothing, the next morning they rang me to say the driver was trying to find his assistant but couldn’t wake him up and asked if we were happy to help him with the move instead. He turned up an hour late in a battered old van, smaller than we needed with half of someone else’s stuff already inside. He was a nice guy but definitely just a man with a van rather than a mover and things got just piled up randomly inside. Took two trips because of the small van and things got scratched and bashed en route. Complained to AnyVan but they flatly refused any compensation
Their insurance is not worth the paper it is written on. Any claim is simply denied after they have spoken to the van driver who just denies damaging your belongings.
Worst ever... they don’t know how to treat customers and drivers.. I’ve payed 1700£ and the driver got 600£ from that. What service his able to offer for that money.
They phoned on the evening before the moving date saying it is not going to be possible. No explanation - nothing. When I complained, they just pointed to a ridiculous clause in the contract saying that they have the right to cancel any time they want! Then I had to find everyone I know in the neighbourhood to store my boxes temporarily, and pay a huge amount to find another moving company at short notice.
Totally useless sent van full of furniture to pickup bifold door rearranged for next day and cancelled it. Avoid!!!!
I have never heard or come across such a horrible company! They are just trying to rip your money off nothing else!! I made a booking on the phone and told the agent that I could only give approximate number of bags because I was still packing. The guy on the phone said that's okay, no problem. They came outside of the time slot they gave me. Because I was carrying all my stuff, I made small bags and light very small boxes. When the guy came finally, he told me that there were to be more items, and I had to pay extra for each item!! I tried to explain him that I could make them smaller as I didn't know that, as his colleague told me that's fine! He didn't care and counted every small bag 3 of which could only make a big bag! And he immediately called his colleague to count the items. For the extra items, they charged me an extra 2/3 of what I had already paid! I told them I want to cancel, but they said they don't give a refund!! They forced me pay that extra money!! They turned my day into a hell with their horrible behaviour and fake rules!! Even if I ask them within 2 minutes I could put 3 bags into one, they refuced to accept! I have never seen such a thing before! They made my difficult day even harder!! I'll do my best to spread this word everywhere! NEVER WORK WITH THESE GUYS!!
Absolute terrible company.unprofessionalism at it's best.Unreliable, rude staff,complete cowboys..
Completely untrustworthy company. Booking made online and while I indicated that there is a lift at the delivery location they called me the day before to tell me there will be an additional cost involved because: the carrier would have to "lift" the item to put them in the lift. How ridiculous is that!?! And for a small fridge? This is a joke. Do not book online, call if you don't have another option and ask for ALL the costs involved. Who knows maybe if the driver sweats too much you will need to pay for a water bottle too. And to top everything up on the phone the service lady was trying to convince me that I was wrong and stupid for not understanding properly the costs. I have an email that says exactly what the service includes by the way.
I may have been unlucky but one date got cancelled the day before, the next one didn't turn up in the time slot so had to be cancelled and the 3rd argued with me about what to take (I wanted the heavy items taken and would take the smaller things myself) but because he had a small van, he took what he wanted. He also folded a mattress in half, so the packing was pretty unprofessional. When I complained the company said they had taken the thing on the list so wouldn't do anything about it.
Worst Service I have ever had!!!!!!! Rude driver and unreliable website!! Do NOT USE!!!!
Incompetent and Uncaring - Do Not Use I booked Anyvan to move a piano. They claimed expertise and said there was substantial insurance cover. Two people turned up to collect the piano who did not appear to have any experience. On the journey, the piano came loose and substantial damage was caused. They now tell me that any insurance settlement has to be settled with their sub-contractor and they are not liable! Frankly they do not care!! Find anyone else if you need something moving. Claims department were totally unhelpful. I am left with issue of finding suitable repairers and obtaining quotes, for which Anyvan say they will not refund any costs. Anyvan initially refused to offer any refund. After multiple emails they have accepted that delivering a broken piano was not what I wanted. When I provided two repair quotes to them, Anyvan offered less than half the lowest repair estimate provided. They appear be trying to wear me down by being constantly unhelpful. PS They do not have a written complaints policy to follow! Can you believe that?
ANYVAN is rated 3.19 based on 635 reviews