ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
The worst removalists I've ever seen. They should be ashamed to be even advertising their business. Absolutely disgusted with their service.
Very disappointed with the service. I booked a house move 200 miles away over a month before the actual day, all confirmed by AnyVan. I had no communication about a particular time slot (was meant to receive a 2h time slot within our booked 5h slot) and when I checked this twice with customer service, I was told it was all fine. So on the day we got up early waiting for our allocated two men and a van. We tried to contact the person multiple times unsuccessfully, but customer service insisted it was fine. When the time slot expired and we phoned again we were finally told that the driver has left the company and they didn't know about it earlier. I would really expect that AnyVan would know who's is working for them and when someone leaves, they allocate new people to their customers on time! After multiple phone calls to the day team explaining that we had to move out that day they managed to find us alternative men who came nearly 8h after the end of our original time slot. During the whole ordeal they weren't even sure if they would manage to allocate us a new driver! Needless to say this was a very stressful and tiring house move.

Despite all this, customer service and in the day teams are easy to contact and they try to help as much as possible. Also the men who came late in the evening were very polite, careful with our furniture and completed the job well. They loaded and unloaded quickly, nothing was damanaged and communication with them was on point.
AVOID AVOID AVOID

Absolute joke. They turned up 90 minutes late, placed me under immense stress and pressure as I had a fixed time which to give vacant possession of my house. Customer services responses have been diabolical, absolute shambles.

I incurred personal charges due to their incompetence, that they will not refund to me as it was a charge outside of their contracted hours... that they DIDN'T even turn up for!!

Turns out they're just a booking company and subinstruct all of their jobs. Once they have your money you may aswell be dead to them.

Shame their service couldn't be given -5 stars
This company stole my property. They were moving one of there customers into a flat and when they left they took my dishwasher which was temporarily sitting in the hall. I have phoned them today to ask why they did this and to get it back and have told me that because I am not the customer they can’t help me. Their suggestion was to phone the police! To phone the police during a pandemic! I think this is outrageous! They have stolen my property and do not want to answer for it! When I asked to speak to a manager I was denied this also.
This company STOLL £400 from our bank account. They turned up late and vacated our property 3 house late. They damaged our furniture and left my daughters little tikes play house at the property because they couldn’t dismantle. They advised us the incorrect amount of boxes for a typical 2 bedroom house and then took money from our account without authorisation. We had purchased the premium packing and removals package and we had to pack most of our stuff and also dismantle as they were so late and we were still out of the property 3 hours late. We had to ask my sister in law to provide emergency childcare during lockdown because the property was NOT SAFE for my children to return to. THEY PUT MY CHILDRENS HEALTH IN DANGER BECAUSE THEY WERE SO INEFFICIENT AND THEN THEY ROBBED MONEY FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNT £400 RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS. They have stolen from my my family and ruined our Christmas in the most diabolical year. Vile, vile company. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
I booked a collection. The driver called to say there was more stuff than my estimate. I was in a work meeting so could not answer though i would have paid extra is asked, 11 mins later he left the storage unit and Anyvan kept my £186 blaming me for not picking up the phone. So yeah i think this service is pretty shocking. I have used them before and the drivers turned up late that time.
Very hard job for little money and if they knows that you got any tips from the customers they will deduct from your total invoice. Also the management not arranging the job if you agreed with someone there the others will denied what you agreed STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
This is the worst removal company ever. They don not quote accurately, the price goes up and up and up. You are charged £48 per hour after the first 15 minutes of waiting for your keys. The removal guys have a job afterwards, so they are in a hurry, meaning they just dump your stuff in one room. If you want to pay a fortune for a terrible service...then go for it but seriously they are the worst. RIP off merchants
Absolutely terrible company with the most ridiculous customer service I’ve ever encountered. I booked for time slot 1-3pm and the driver kept delaying and wasn’t sure when he could come. I had flatmates and landlord waiting on both my old flat and new house all day because anyvan kept delaying the move. Their customer service agent even suggested that I should cancel and book another day, which is absolutely ridiculous as moving house is a big arrangement and it involves arranging contract start date and move in date changes. And the customer service agent who contacted the next day had the audacity to say that they won’t charge me for the additional time I took?!!! Anyvan is the one who delayed 7 hours to arrive and said they won’t charge me for the extra time? This is the biggest joke of a company I’ve ever encountered.
I watched the movers drag, drop, scratch and knock numerous bits of furniture and belongings - some of which is now irreparable. When asked if the movers could not do this and take a little extra care, their response was "we're doing our best".

Not only that, one of the drivers asked if I had any drugs to sell, and had such a severe limp that they were unable to help - despite the second person costing an extra £100 (which Anyvan refuse to refund).

The final offer of compensation for the service I received amounted to a 10% refund, which is woeful.

Please think twice before hiring these guys. Yes they're cheap, but that comes at the cost of you having to carry everything yourself and watch them damage your possessions.
No show on the day of house removal. No communication. Had to chase for an explanation. Told the driver could not make our booking, and that anyvan would find a replacement later that day. No updates as promised. Phoned multiple times, but continually get cut off hold due to "all agents busy". Still no sign of progress 7 hours later. No solution, no refund, no communication. AVOID. If I could leave a zero star I would.
Horrendous service, damaged furniture

Horrendous service!! Please don't use this company. We had our bed, arm chair and dining table damaged. My entire jewellery box drop all over the drive. We had to cut up our throws to use as floor coverings as they wouldn't take shoes off or wear boot covers. We paid for dismantling but they turned up with no tools. I went back and forth with anyvan to seek compensation and ended up with nothing. Even if you have before photos they don't accept them as they need to be date stamped. Im amazed to see so many good reviews. We must have been the unlucky ones. I can accept that anyvan are technically the middle man but they took no responsibility to assist with rectifying the damage and loss that we suffered.
Damaged multiple items of furniture and put a hole in my floor. Smashed my dining table beyond repair, ripped my sofa, scratched my dresser. I am having to have a new floor which is a huge inconvenience regardless of the cost. They offered £250. What an insult. They have damaged £3500 worth of furniture AND a brand new floor and they offer £250. Avoid this company.
If I could leave zero stars I would. Arranged for a car to be collected from Manchester and delivered to Romford. Paid extra for early collection so that it would get here by lunchtime only to phone them in the afternoon and be told that it would be here the next day. Having already sold my old car that morning this left me in a bad situation and they would not refund the extra I paid as 'collection had been made at the early time slot so that part of the deal had been fulfilled'. They said that deliveries over 200 miles are not guaranteed same day but this was not communicated to me at the time of booking (otherwise I would not have bothered paying the extra). I also took a day off work for this and will now have to take more time tomorrow, which I can ill afford, as they cannot guarantee what time it will actually be delivered. The customer service is appalling with no real apology or any attempt to actually help, it was like bashing my head on a brick wall. Would not recommend to anyone!
A truly dreadful experience. Vile, nasty driver who reduced me to tears (I live alone and am 76 years). He refused to take double bed unless it was taken apart - told me it was my job to find out if this was needed. He said if he took it apart he would charge me for it. He refused to take stacking single beds because headboard was too big and needed to be taken apart. I was fortunate to be able to contact my son in law who dashed over with tool kit when he heard how distressed I was. Driver refused to take topper mattress on double bed (I need it for my arthritis)’ told me one mattress only. They carried large, empty drawers one in each hand and banged them several times on every door jam they passed. They complained about distance they had to carry contents into new home, saying I should be charged by metres covered. The van was way too small and they left behind the dining room table and computer chair.

Don’t believe the lovely publicity photos you see on their site. None of the people I contacted, who had used them, ever saw such a van. Instead, the van will be hired and driven by scruffy individuals who are in no way proper removal men and therefore very likely to cause damage or upset. BE WARNED - yes they are cheap, but you get what you pay for. Two days later I am still shaking from the awful experience.
Ripped off elderly pensioners left them stranded ,and tried to add on extra money ,do not use this company
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! The delivery drivers (they are not professional removals staff) damaged a very nice wardrobe I had bought and lied about it when I complained. Anyvan took their side, despite all the evidence and then quoted their policy saying that the 'cover' they provide was not for damaged goods. The guys who picked up my furniture turned up in a transit van to fit a triple wardrobe, double bed, mattress and chest of drawers. And they went to pick up someone else's sofa on the way (which is how my wardrobe got damaged I'm guessing), and they charged me £278. So, if you want to use this company, my advice would be to pay the extra insurance as your goods are not covered, despite their advertisement. But if you're moving something valuable or something you would really like to receive in one piece, go to the professionals.
The website claims to match any quote. The man on the phone didn't want to know. I felt pressured into giving my card details there and then.
No one turned up so now I have to chase up a refund (they refuse to give) Avoid avoid avoid.
When booking the delivery the first thing that was wrong was they got the item wrong as a small table and not a LARGE MARBLE DINNING TABLE
After trying to get that sorted and explaining I actually paid for 2 delivery drivers it was changed
The van arrived and was shocked to see a van which did not portray what i believed to be a national company with trained removal people .As it was an expensive marble table this is why i choose Anyvan,and not a local company.Big Mistake
On arrival was told there was some damage ,what they actually meant was they had not strapped the table in as there didnt seem to be properly facilities. However when I was trying to take pictures of the damage felt very intimidated.
The agent on the phone was very nice and explained the shattered table had to be removed for Health and Safety,as I explained I had my grandchildren and my dog.
Thought this would be straightforward however have had an email to say they are in talks with there TRANSPORT PROVIDER !
I dont understand why as it was pretty straight forward
ANYVAN is rated 3.15 based on 1,039 reviews