ANYVAN Reviews

Read ANYVAN Reviews

About ANYVAN:

AnyVan - Move Anything, Anywhere

Save up to 75% on deliveries and removals

No matter what you are moving; from a King-Sized bed to a framed picture of the Queen; a Grand Piano to a classic Ford Capri; we’ll take care of it all the way from Penzance to Peterhead and beyond.

We do this by marrying people looking to move something with our trusted team of AnyVanners. They are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to go the extra mile. And our customer team are always on hand to ensure there is a friendly person to guide you through the journey.

reviews@anyvan.com

5 -17 Hammersmith Grove The Triangle Hammersmith London

Tell us how ANYVAN made you happy
Part 1. i have recently used any van for my removal paying for dismantling, moving and reassembling my furnitures without a time limit..The quantity i had was 10 furnitures that needed dismantling and reassembling and 10 boxes. At 9 am two guys showed up as expected.. They stayed at the property until 15:30pm without managing to do almost anything. I dismantled most of the furnitures myself in order to help them but it turned out that they didn't know how to dismantle them. While i was doing what they were supposed to do,they told me " we will be downstairs when you finish call us." After 6!!!! hours we managed to go to the new property, which was 5 minutes away, where they moved some of the stuff into the house but they did significant damage to the property. During that time they were constantly on the phone with their boss who was pushing them to finish. As a result at 17:30 they told me their boss asked them to leave, so they left my boxes and a matress outside of the property and left without assembling nothing at all..By the time they left the things outside the property, it started raining, destroying the matress and the boxes with our clothes, as there was no one to help me carry them in the house.I called Anyvan's customer service and expalined them what has happened, the damages they caused and that I had two small kids with no bed to sleep,and my mother in law with mobility issues with no bed to sleep as well. Their only reply was that they were giving me back some money for the dismantling and that they could send someone to dismantle the furnitures the next day!!! No kind of interest about my family,or my stuff that were left out in the rain. Only about 20 minutes later they called me and said that the driver will come back and put my stuff inside the house. At 19:00pm the driver and his mate came back to the wrong address, at my previous empty house!!!!!, where of course there was nothing.to put in. They said their boss gave them the wrong address and left. I have made a complaint and put a claim to AnyVan,but after 15 days I haven't heard anything from them. There is no way I will use them again .Part 2. Anyvan came back to me on September 24 saying the following "Thank you for your patience whilst we have investigated your claim. Upon receipt of your claim, we have launched a full investigation. During the investigation, we have reviewed all evidence that has been provided by yourself and the transport providers, and have spoken to your transport providers and our transport team. Unfortunately, as a result of our investigation, we are unable to uphold your claim. We have included the reasons behind this below to explain. AnyVan acts as an agent within the booking which means we must mediate with the Transport Provider in an attempt to resolve the claim. Upon speaking to the Transport Provider they have advised that during the unloading of the van the customer assisted with this taking item into the property. With this in mind, we are unable to ascertain liability and therefore are unable to uphold this part of your claim. In reference to your mattress, we are without "before" images and are therefore unable to gauge the condition before the move commenced. I would draw your attention to section 8 of our Terms of Use, in particular paragraphs 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4.a which explains both our and the provider's liability and the proofs required. I have included these for your convenience. " 8.2 Unless previously agreed in writing, the Partner’s liability is fixed for all claims of loss or damage to goods, due to its negligence or breach of Contract, for an amount of £100 per individual item and for the avoidance of doubt limited to an aggregate of £50,000 (fifty thousand pounds for all items taken together). If all of the goods transported by the Partner are stolen during the provision of the Services or destroyed by fire the Partner’s liability is limited to a total of £50,000 for all of your goods. It is your responsibility to provide AnyVan with evidence of the value of goods lost or damaged and proof that the damage was caused by Our Partner. For the avoidance of doubt the liability under this clause is limited to a total of £50,000. If you would like to increase your cover, you can request Comprehensive Insurance Cover in accordance with clause 9.3." "8.3 The Partner is liable for damage to your goods and premises subject to you producing satisfactory evidence that the damage was caused by the Partner and not by you or a third party." "8.4 Neither AnyVan nor its Partners are liable for: "a. Damage caused as a result of your actions and/or your breach of these Terms" A reply full of lies and avoiding the responsibility. Anyvan claims that the damages were due to my help. Such a big lie since I didn't help them carry anything in the property and my only interaction was only when the removal guys managed to stuck a bed frame between the walls by damaging them. Anyvan is asking "before" photos of the matress while they already know that the matress was left outside of the propery along with boxes containing clothes and books while it was raining. Anyvan was willing to give me £50 as " a good will gesture" and I bet this is to console the fact that my young kids and my mother in law with mobility problems were left without a bed for 4 days. Needless to mention the damages in the property although I have sent them images. The same images that the tranfer company has, but they didn't bother to double check,or "forget" to mention. Αfter this unacceptable behavior and response I retain my legal right
Any van cancelled my move minutes before their deadline. They called me and said they would find another driver in the next few hours. No one bothered to call back to say this would not be the case and they left me waiting when no one showed up and I could not get through to them on the phone. When I finally managed several hours later, they promised a van to be with me between 8-10 the next morning. The new tenants where due to move that morning so they had to pay extra to delay their move. The next day they failed to show up again, and again no one bothered to contact me. I phoned them and they said they could not allocate a driver but someone would be there that day to move me. At this point I hired another company as had to be out of the house and did not believe for a second they would show up. Surprise, they did not. Again no contact. Onto the third day of this, I had moved the previous day with a lovely reliable company. I phoned up anyvan and asked for a full refund and explained the situation. They had the audacity to tell me I had agreed to move on this day, three days late!! I explained that I certainly had not and that no one had even been bothered to contact me whilst this was all going on. I’ve had to contact my bank and start a dispute to get my money back off these people. I’ve also had to contact trading standards and contact my solicitor to start legal action against them to recoup the money lost in my time and the moving bills of the other company and on behalf of the other tenants who where forced to pay a cancellation fee for their move and then pay to hire the company again for a different day. Moving is stressful enough, don’t make it worse, use a different company!
Avoid at all costs: destroyed our home. Avoid at all costs: Unfortunately, this site does not allow for photos to be posted. My partner arranged a move (which included a piano) through anyvan. The removers were rude, had poor communication skills and quite aggressive, and refused to move the piano up to the first floor, even though we paid for this service and anyvan website states clearly that it specialises in piano removals. I arranged for a second move (but at the time did not realise that my partner had booked the first removal company through anyvan). This time I spoke to a representative and we hired a piano removal specialist to take the piano up from the ground floor of our new house to the first floor (with a view that we would re-coup part of the costs from the first move). At this point, we'd been effectively charged twice to move the same piano. The new movers said that I needed to sign a waiver form to cover potential 'minor scrapes' to the walls. Having owned a piano for 20 years, I understand that this is sometimes unavoidable. However, after they moved the piano, we noticed enormous holes in the walls, and ceiling (the second of which was not even included in the form I signed). Two weeks after submitting my complaint, I received a generic response stating that Anyvan is not liable for the damage as they are effectively a middle man. My partner's claim (for return of funds as they did not complete the first job) was met with an acknowledgement that the website information was misleading and that they'd agreed to pay back £30. The total cost of the piano removal was around £430—twice as much as it should. This does not include the several hundred pounds of damage to the property. After several email exchanges with their claims team I asked for the details of the transporter company as I intended on taking legal action. They point-blank refused to give me that information. I would urge anyone reading this to save your money and contact a local company directly. I would avoid this company at all costs.
If i could leave no stars i would we booked a job which required two people and involved transporting two large items and 4 others. They were 2 hours late on the day we had actually booked and they then rescheduled for the next day. Two males arrived to carry out the delivery, they were both untrained and unprofessional in their attire. Definitely not representing the company! Was unable to move items which had booked for transport. One was very young and the other an older man seemed to be delegating the work. Definitely wouldn't use the company again as one item has been damaged and we have been told we will need to book another delivery service with them to have the last item we originally booked transported. Stay well clear if you can as our experience was terrible from start to finish!
My delivery was not picked up due the van arriving three hours late and missing the agreed window due to the vehicle being unsafe (resulting in me losing my slot at the delivery address - storage centre). My packages were never given over or loaded onto the van let alone "delivered"!! no service was provided yet Anyvan [Random bloke with a deathtrap of a vehicle] have fraudulently completed the transaction regardless. They have basically wasted a whole day for me, forced me to spend additional monies on another delivery company and another storage centre, and then basically stole my money to round it off. I am disgusted and will do my best to make sure that no one that I know ever uses this company. Please please avoid them
Hi, It's for a room removal: - Book removal 3 weeks in advance. - With a extra cost of 13P for 2 hours window 11.00 to 13.00 - 12h45 called to ask what's going on, answered they'll be late, rescheduled between 14.00 to 15.00 - then called back customer service, who tell me they will there after 15.30 - They came at 16.00, good point for their efficiency everything load in 30 min. - they where fast for the transport (but already late for the final) - Unload extra fast (with the help of the customer) Do not use this service if you have a time constraint or a daily obligation, you might be in trouble on the situation you try to solve using this company.
They smashed my tv, lost a piece of artwork with great sentimental value, and then because the driver said he didn’t do it they refused to take any responsibility and just pretended like I had lost and broke the items myself. Incredibly frustrating to have lost the money but also to be made to feel like you’re lying about something you know to be true.
DO NOT TRUST- WORST COMPANY EVER! Hi, don’t usually leave negative reviews but I thought this may save someone a lot of stress and money, learning from my experience. I had numerous issues with my move including the delivery date not happening WITHOUT the driver or anyvan informing me. I did not receive the services upon quotation as the service wasn’t worth the £602 I paid! Firstly, upon collection. -There was no text from the driver 24hours to arrange a slot as advertised on your website -No driver text on the morning collection and driver did not pick up my calls either -Called anyvan and they had to reach driver to confirm -Tracking service as advertised on website did not work till 30 mins before driver arrived. -Driver Leontin on the day informed me I had different drivers for delivery which I was not told of by anyvan. Day 1 delivery -Day of delivery confirmed upon booking I had no call/email/text from driver or anyvan. -I took the day off work and waited all day for delivery -Driver did not answer my calls -3:30/4pm, after getting through on the busy anyvan line, driver said he was not coming. -WHY WAS I NOT TOLD BEFORE, I understand with this removal job and with a long distance job there will be delays or breakdown problems which is fine if I was called by the driver or anyvan. -This resulted in a days salary gone and I had to buy necessities as my belongings didn’t arrive. All would have been resolved if I was told. Day 2 delivery -The anyvan customer service assured me the driver would contact with confirmation of delivery date and slot. -BUT HE NEVER DID (No call or text on next morning) -Tired calling driver but no response -No replies to messages -anyvan line was busy multiple times -At this point I had grounds to call the police-my all belongings were in an unknown location with no sign of delivery and I felt like this £602 had been a scam. My boxes were delivered 6pm a day after my paid for delivery day. I was not compensated for the 2 days of work I missed waiting for the driver or the necessities I had to buy to tide me over until it came.
Miserable horrible experience. Terrible customer service. Took as much money from me as they could for every little extra item. Even charging me for having to wait half an hour at my new property. I am nearly 60 years old. Moving from Bristol to Cornwall. I drove at 70 miles per hour for 3 and a half hours in a small car. Their van overtook me doing 90 miles per hour and obviously got there earlier, then the bossy man charged me £25 extra!!! I found the experience of dealing with these people awkward,embarrassing and humiliating. I do not recommend this company and wish I had used another.
Horrible customer service received over the phone. The customer assistant was practically shouting at me. I went through so much hassle with the man absolutely appalled. Spoke absolute waffle The employee failed to give me accurate and adequate help over the phone. I even asked to talk to a supervisor or a manager and he gave me silly excuses as to why he can transfer me to them. There was an issue that I had with my booking; I was told that my payment “failed” however i straight away contacted my bank who informed me that the payment was sent. I tried to even give him the transaction iD and he refused to pass it over to the accounts team. Massive waste of my time and horrific experience with him. I have no trust in your company to the extent that it is imperative that I get a new card once I’m done with AnyVan. The employees took my bank details over the phone and sent the payment again up to three times. Even went to the extent where he blatantly lied and said my card had expired. Something that was right in front of me with a expiry date of 2021 he has the audacity to be lying to me. I am absolutely furious.
This is the worst service I have ever used. I deeply regret it with all my heart. I paid for collection and storage and no one came. I had to start calling and customer service too the longest only for me to try and chat with someone and was told the drivers route fell and they couldn’t guarantee the move that day. A morning move and no one thought to call me or anything. Very disgusting people and I will make sure everyone knows what a terrible company they are
Driver's name Shaka did not deliver my stuff to the location. I paid for 3 suitcases and 2 boxes to be carried to the 2nd floor, they left my stuff on the ground floor unattended. When I try to call them, they hang up the call every time. I called the customer service which took hours to pick up my call. The driver lied and said he carried my stuffs upstairs. The customer service said I didn't have a photo evidence and there's nothing she can do. No refund. Nothing. The driver lied and got away with this.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO STAY SANE. This company is a disgrace. Arranged for a 2 van, 2 day move from Hampshire to Scotland to take place today. Got a telephone call at 5.30pm yesterday to say they were having difficulty getting the drivers and the move might not happen. Then got a phone call this morning just saying they were cancelling the move and refunding the fee. The fact that the stuff is in storage and we will now have to pay extra for that means nothing to them. As they kept quoting "in our terms & conditions we can't compensate for any out of pocket expenses". I had a feeling it would all go wrong as it was such a big job, but Anyvan promised it would all be fine, so much for being the most trusted removal company in Europe. The customer service person just kep saying we're very sorry, but that's fine for them as what they've done doesn't affect them in the slightest, but it does affect us and especially my disabled mother who is desparate to get into her new house and will now have to wait at least another week while we try to find another company. BE WARNED YOU MAY THINK YOU'RE GETTING THE JOB AT A GOOD PRICE, BUT THE JOB MAY NOT HAPPEN AT ALL.
I first requested a job by AnyVan last week to move a cooker from Pinner to Surrey. On the day of collection (Friday) both we and the seller were kept waiting until after 3pm to hear from the driver who was late. He also refused to take the cooker stating it was too heavy and a commercial cooker. At the collection address there were builders to assist and also the seller. Still the driver refused. We were then advised by your customer service to pay a reschedule fee and to book another driver for another collection / day. We spoke to management and decided to pay for a second person to help out as there was so much fuss being made about the cooker and it was booked for collection between 8-3 the following day. I was called again by the seller who advised that ONE driver had turned up on the Saturday and said the cooker was very manageable but he was the only delivery man and there was NOT TWO as we had paid for the previous day. He had put the item in his van with assistance from the builders - as was the original plan. We were then advised by the driver he was on route but wouldn’t be with us until after 7pm as he had to have help with unloading. This was very confusing as it was now a Saturday and we had plans for dinner with family. As we were told the drop would be later than the expected 3pm we went shopping with our children only to receive a telephone call at 2.30pm to advise us the van would be pulling up in 5 minutes with the ONE DRIVER. Not two as arranged the previous day. This has been an absolute nightmare from start to finish and has caused me no end of stress. I’m 7 months pregnant and was in such a state over the weekend all caused by the companies awful customer service (the female operator who lost her temper with my husband telling him you don’t move commercial cookers???) down to the flat refusal of the first delivery driver who outright refused (with assistance) to put the family cooker in his van. The second day the delivery driver not knowing if it was one or two people and messing up the delivery times so all our plans were destroyed. We’re really disappointed in every aspect of what should’ve been a relatively easy move. Still trying to get through to customer service now after an hour on hold. Terrible company
Unreliable company, disgraceful customer service. Avoid at all costs. DO NOT USE
My uncle organised a van, me thinking it was friends of his, gave them the money I owed him and £5 tip. We quickly spoke to them and they promised they would send the money back through bank transfer to my uncle and now arent returning calls or messages. Fair enough if from the beginning they said no, but its very frustrating chasing someone knowing you will get nowhere.
They cancelled the booking now can't get through to customer service. They never answer
Truly awful company. The money was taken out of my account weeks before the booked date despite the alleged 48 hour cancellation service. The driver and his mate were utterly useless and spent more time pointing out things that weren't "on the list" than putting things in their van. I ended up having to pay extra for multiple items to be taken, which I reluctantly did, but then they still left two bookshelves. When we got to my new property they dumped everything in the front room as it would cost extra for them to take the bedroom furniture upstairs. They abandoned the dining room table on the drive as they said it would have to be taken apart to get it in. Sidenote: my elderly mother and I got it in just fine after they left. In short: Avoid at all costs and warn your friends away from this abomination of a company. At best they are unprofessional, rude and unhelpful, at worst this company is a scam.
Made a booking to have an upright piano moved from Altrincham to Campbeltown. Booking accepted and confirmed and money taken from my bank account to pay for the removal. First I received a specified date for the move but when that didn't happen they indicated it was an administrative error. I was then given a new date range for the removal. Once again they let me down saying that they couldn't find a driver. I was given another date range for the removal and surprise, surprise they couldn't find a driver. When I contacted the firm via live chat I was told that the person answering my questions couldn't help as he didn't work in the transport department. One has to ask what is the purpose of a live chat facility if they can't help? I am totally unimpressed with the service, or lack thereof provided by this company.
The worst experience I have ever had with a company. My van never showed up, and the driver repeatedly lied to me and said he was on his way, while I could see on his tracking he wasn't. I waited an entire day for him while he made excuses, and eventually watched as he drove straight past my town to the other side of the country after promising he would be with me next. Customer service were useless in every way while I tried to resolve this. Eventually another van shows up, 24 hours later than I had booked. They damage a street sign, which they took no responsibility for. Once the van is packed, they spend ten minutes standing around chatting to each other in another language while I wait for my Uber. I repeatedly ask if everything is okay, and they say it is. It isn't until I am getting into the Uber that they tell me they have locked the keys in the van. I had frozen food in the van. I went with the Uber and waited at my new flat. Eventually the van shows up and they unload it, thankfully without incident. I repeatedly tried to raise these issues with customer service and found them to be avoidant, obnoxious and condescending. I have still not received a refund. A truly appalling company at every level, from lying drivers, to incompetent and rude customer service.
ANYVAN is rated 3.19 based on 634 reviews