Animed Direct Reviews

32% of reviewers recommend Animed Direct

Tell us how Animed Direct made you happy

Over a week
"Ordered medication for my elderly dog, who very sadly died the day after I placed the order. I emailed Animed to cancel the order and they said it was too late it had already been despatched. However, when I checked the tracking site it was not even listed and when it was it was noted as despatched the day after I cancelled the order. I told Animed that I would not be in to receive the order and it would therefore be returned to them, which it was by the GPO. Animed still insisted that they would not give me a refund and that it would be incinerated if returned to them. They say once medication has left their company it cannot be reused by themselves, even though it was returned directly to them in the same packaging and completely sealed. They are therefore saying that the medication was in good enough order to be used by myself, but not good enough to be returned and put back into their stock. It was a stock item and not one specifically produced for my dog. It also had a very long shelf life. I paid by credit card and my bank are investigating this on my behalf. I have used Animed regularly but clearly they are only interested in making a profit and have no loyalty or feeling for their customers. Completely heartless and unsympathetic in the circumstances."
Are you Animed Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"This is one of the worst websites I’ve ever dealt with. Tried to order prescriptions for my three cats. Placed order and emailed scans of prescriptions as asked. Received nothing. A week later, emailed to ask where it was. Only then did I get a form letter email saying there was “an issue” with my prescriptions. But it didn’t say what!!! I re-sent the scans, plus took pictures and sent those. Again nothing. Further emails led to more confusion as they seemed to have got one but not the other two. More emails. Then ANOTHER form letter same as before. Tried phoning the 0300 number many times - always engaged. Another email. They said they were processing the order but then I got the same form letter about “issues”. Aaaaargh! I went to a competitor’s website, Pet Drugs Online where I placed the order, sent the scans and got confirmation within 10 MINUTES. The medicine arrived the next morning less than 24 hours after ordering. Now THAT is how to do business."
"Paid for express delivery, on the website I was told a specific day that the product would be delivered. The product was not even dispatched to the later of the two dates. When I rang up to complain, some snooty woman was very unapologetic, and refused to refund the Express delivery I had paid I would not use this company again"
"Ordered an item 22/11/14 and had an email to say it had been dispatched 23/11/14. Item hadn't arrived in a few days so emailed customer services to ask if all was ok with the order. They told me delivery can be up to 5 business days following dispatch. It has now been 8 business days and still nothing. Have emailed again today but am expecting to be fobbed off again!"
"I order constantly from online retailers. Animed are the slowest. Their website frequently hangs and freezes. It is almost impossible to get through on the phone. Give this company a miss unless you like wasting time!"
""Avoid this company. Order at the 12th march and did not hear from them after 7days I tried to contact them sent 10 email and even rang the 20 times Unable to get through, after to 2hours of trying I was number 6 on phone line after 29 minutes I was place 5 . I gave up in the end . ( the company would of be closed by the time it got around to me . I checked my bank account and £55 was taken on the 12 th March . so I opened a paypal case to get my money back ( as buy know I’ve ran out of dog food . Got E mailed was told it was out of stock on one of my items no one bothered to inform me! Took my money though, had to order urgent delivery from the amazon web and have now been informed I delayed is due to me because I’ve opened a case on paypal . I’ve know sent 7 message though paypal and 3 emails asking for a refund , Still waiting refund, would never trust them, could have ordered elsewhere earlier and happy to pay a bit more money for the items and deal with a Decent company . If they had had the decency to inform me or even respond to my emails .i sure this matter would of been sorted out . Won’t allow me to rate zero stars!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID Untrustworthy"
"Disgusting service, urgently needed urinary diet as prescribed by vet. My little dog would nt eat the cans from vets, so ordered the sachets to try, had few off vet and he tolerated them. Ordered Express delivery , last Saturday and did nt hear for four days. Unable to get through, 40 pound taken from bank so thought it was well on the way to being delivered. E mailed was told it was out of stock, no one bothered to inform me! Took my money though, had to order urgent delivery from the vets. Still waiting refund, would never trust them, could have ordered elsewhere earlier , if they had had the decency to inform me. Won’t allow me to rate zero stars!!!!"
"Exactly the Sam problem as the last reviewer. - “I have had a continuous monthly order for aktivait for the last 6 months. My March order did not arrive and when I sent animed an email stating the details I was told that it was a “technical problem”. I was told to re-order and then let them know the order number so they could send it!” My dog is on life saving medication and I only knew there was a problem when the scheduled medication failed to turn up - even though a week before I had been sent an email saying it was on its way. Their phone was continuously engaged so I couldn’t even discuss the problem."
"I have had a continuous monthly order for aktivait for the last 6 months. My March order did not arrive and when I sent animed an email stating the details I was told that it was a “technical problem”. I was told to re-order and then let them know the order number so they could send it! What atrocious customer service - it was their problem which they could have rectified much better than this. There are many more providers with much better customer service so definitely look elsewhere for pet requirements"
"Awful company, never manage to get through on the phone! My order hasn’t turned up after 5 Days and no answer or reply’s! £65 worth of Stuff and can’t get it."
"I placed my order and paid for it and was reassured that it would be kept for me until the prescription arrived with the company. Then I was told that it was out of stock and that my prescription should state the brand name of the product rather than the generic medicine that the prescription was for. The emails and phone calls that I have received by way of an apology imply that I am in the wrong rather than Animed Direct’s employees who have misinformed me and wasted my time. A very poor service, avoid this company. I am now waiting for my refund and the return of my prescription."
"Have dealt with this company for a very long time and always happy with items purchased"
"This is the first time ordering with Animed and I am very happy with the great service and fast delivery of Apoquel for my Golden Retriever. So much cheaper than tablets from the vet.Will definately be ordering in the future. Thank you very much."
"Avoid this company. They took my order which I paid for. 5 days later I sent a chaser email to find out where my order was to be told it was out of stock and unavailable. Poor customer service and no communication from them to say the product was out of stock. Looking at the reviews I am not the first person to have this problem."
"Terrible company. Took my money but I never received my order, a week later they said it was “unavailable” but haven’t refunded me!"
"I am new to Animed and recently ordered a large bag of food for my new puppy. It was quite expensive, but Animed were offering it at a reasonable price. However, exactly 7 days after taking my money and placing the order I received an email to say it was unavailable. At the time of ordering it showed as 'in stock' and indeed still does on their web site. They did say they would re-fund me, but that the money would not appear back in my account for a few more days. I have checked my payment account and they have indeed re-funded (hence two stars, not one), but just as they have said, it will be a few days before I am able to access it. They have, in effect held onto my money for some time unnecessarily. Be warned therefore if ordering from these people, particularly if large sums of money are involved, and check that your order really is in stock."
"Horrendous experience using their online system which crashed twice ! Then tried ringing 4 times with queues of 8 people in front of me! Then finally paid online with paypal, they took my money and then informed me that they cant accept non uk vet prescriptions! What a joke, Ive never heard such rubbish... I live in france, my vet is in france, am I supposed to drive to uk then register with an english vet to get my prescription??? USELESS COMPANY.! and I want my money returned too.... wonder how long that will take opening paypal complains etc...."
"Paid the company and sent prescriptions twice - a lot of money and a poorly pet involved. All I get is an automated email message saying that there is a problem, not what the problem is! Calling now to resolve the issue but it has taken me 40mins to get from caller no. 7 to no. 4. Giving up now just hope I can cancel the order."
"Horrendous service, placed order on 24 Nov received on 11 Dec assured I would get£25 compensation, received £15. Took so long to get through to talk to customer support, will never use again C Scott"
"This used to be a reasonably efficient company but something has gone seriously wrong. It seems to be taking them days to process a simple order and the communications are awful.Pretty useless to try phoning because the line is almost continually engaged. Incompetent and inefficient."
Animed Direct is rated 2.38 based on 68 reviews