Animed Direct Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Animed Direct

Tell us how Animed Direct made you happy

Over a week
"Ordered Vivitonin for my elderly Lab and opted for express delivery at extra cost as we were running low on tablets. 7 days later, still waiting, accessed my account online only to find the order prescription was pending validated. Tried to phone, got sick of being caller no 5 for about 30mins, resorted to email to say I wanted to cancel, they replied quickly to say they were waiting for a valid prescription. When were they going to tell me this!! Basically they weren't, does opting for express delivery not tell them I wanted the tablets fast! I'm going elsewhere now."
Are you Animed Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Would never use , tried once & received no medication. Rude customer service. Never again"
"The website does not work at check out/payment stage resuting in having to contact them by phone. the phone queues to contact them by telephone are ridiculous. Whatever time of day you call you are always told you are about 9th or 10th in queue and can never speak to anyone. i have regularly used this website for years without problems previous to the last few months. the company will be losing plenty of both loyal and new customers i am sure."
"Ordered insulin, sent prescription insulin posted on Monday arrived next day ,very well packed ice packs still frozen ,cannot fault Animed direct."
"Terrible don't use they take too long to check prescriptions and don't communicate if there is anything wrong. I have ordered insulin for my dog for years from animated without a problem till this year which has been awful and distressing as it is a fridge overnight item you have to be in to receive but as they don't communicate and take so long you can't work out if you will be available to receive. I have a new supplier and I ordered last night and will get it tomorrow with excellent communication skills just£2 dearer."
"Less than one star if it was possible. Took order over phone...have ordered from them before...took payment...two weeks later no tablets arrived yet. Called and too many excuses given...told refunded...phone put down on my face. DONT use them...NOT a trustable company."
"As a new customer to animed in respect of the supply of dog food (James welbeloved) . I cannot speak more highly of this company , this , in all aspects of their service . The order was placed and paid for by phone with a most pleasant and professional member of their staff . The order was confirmed by email , the delivery was confirmed by a further email , the price paid was not to be bettered anywhere, the postage was free , the delivery was made within three days , both i and the dogs are very happy and will be a returning customer of animed ."
"Constantly failed to deliver and the subscription service is a joke - each repeating order was cancelled without notice and no communications about why"
"Animed has gone down hill fast. There must have been big changes but they will lose trade if it is not sorted QUICKLY. 1. Regular order marked out of stock for the first time in 2 years. 2. 2 months later re-ordered with no confirmation by e-mail. 3. Wait for 30+ minutes to be told still out of stock even though website says "in stock". Refund arrived in my account OK. 4. Complaint to their support mailbox (that's a joke) did not arrive. 5. Eventually spoke to a supervisor who was very sorry but said there are many customers who don't receive confirmations for an unexplained reason, and there was no trace of my complaint in the "support" mailbox so I re-sent while still on the call and hey presto, it then arrived. The supervisor assured me that I could order through her and she would track everything, so I placed an order. This is their very last chance with my business as there are better, more responsive companies waiting to care and supply. Zero stars for customer care."
"Took our money over the phone a week ago for an urgent prescription for Vetmedin for our dog. No email was sent to us. Tried ringing, always engaged. Sent them an email. They replied “Order number?” No email was sent to us, so no order number. Told them this & they returned our money with no explanation! Terrible service! They don’t deserve one star!"
"ordered last Thursday order still shows pending no email to explain why - i have now been on the phone for nearly an hour and stuck at position 7 total joke of a company, do not use them"
"Their website does not work. I have been on hold on their phone for half an hour now. AVOID!!!"
"Website freezes on checkout,. Different browser made no difference. Phone never answered. Emails ignored. Going to go elsewhere."
"Just spent over 3 hours entering my details onto their very difficult website. The website would not upload my pdf file prescriptions. After 3 attempts to contact them by phone, each time kept in queue for up to 20 minutes, finally gave up. Totally wasted morning! Don't waste your time with these people! Wish I had read other peoples reviews before bothering."
"Ordered meds for my dog but didn’t receive an email until 10 days later to say one of them was out of stock. The prescription was for 30ml and even though they had the 15ml in the same medication they can’t substitute. After a lengthy wait on the phone they tell me that if a med is out of stock they wait a few days before cancelling the order rather than just informing the customer. I will now have to get another prescription from the vet and reorder but it won’t be from them. Pet drugs online have it and cheaper too so they will be getting my business from now on."
"I ordered 2 large bags of dried cat food, delivery said 5 days. When it didn't arrive I checked my account and it said 'processing'. I called and it took around 30mins to actually speak to someone and they said it is out of stock and couldn't tell me when it would arrive. It would have been nice to have received an email or call to tell me this and I could have ordered elsewhere :("
"THIS SHOULD READ ZERO STARS BUT NO OPTION FOR THAT !!! i have previously ordered with this company and have had no problem. this time I have ordered insulin and needles. the delivery company posted a note through the door to say it needed signing for and sent the goods back only for them to be destroyed- even the needles!! when i finally spoke to 'customer service' after waiting for 40 minutes they were no help whatsoever so now i have lost my money and have a poorly dog with no insulin. SHAME ON YOU !!!! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT COWBOYS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ANIMAL LOVERS"
"Really poor service, zero customer care. I made my order months ago, they cancelled it without explanation. I have still yet to receive my refund. Highly recommend you search other suppliers...as did my vet when I explainedf the situation."
"I ordered vital medication for my pet online. I also ordered food whilst there.The order and the money were taken immediately. TWO days later i received an email saying my order was cancelled, but it didn't specify why or which part. I called and was on hold for 30 minutes. I was then informed they had ran out of medication..... this was a Friday afternoon on a bank holiday weekend. I advised them to cancel the food as well, given i would now have to try to hunt down the vital medication over a bank holiday weekend. A few days later, i got a partial refund, which was for the medication only as they still sent the food out. I called in, again I was on hold for 30 minutes. Once the call was answered, apparently members of the management team were too busy to speak to me. I was advised that they could send out a return form (god only knows how long that will take). Once the item arrives back at the warehouse, it can THEN take TEN days for my refund to come through."
"Ordered 1 item and received 2 items and subsequently charged for both items. Following many emails including screen shots to prove the system was at fault, and 3 phone calls (with plus 20 mins just to speak with customer support) it's clear there is none. Previous service from Animed Direct has been good, but if there is an issue, you better save your time and forget it, they have!"
Animed Direct is rated 2.24 based on 82 reviews