Alpharooms Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Alpharooms

Alpha International Accommodation Limited, 261-263 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Alpharooms ?

Purplegeri
"I have used Alpharooms several times previously and always been very happy. I have just booked 2 holidays with them for next year and had a bad experience with both. On both, the flights didn't get booked, which was very stressful, and they don't seem to be able to tell me why this happened (or they tell you 2 different reasons). So I have had to re-book both sets of flights for 2 holidays. I also had a problem with a "Senior Travel Advisor" who told me he was applying a £50 discount on my booking but all he did was remove 1 of our 2 booked suitcases which made the total £50 less. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! If I hadn't spotted it, we would have been charged excess baggage at the airport! I have been trying to complain about this but nobody will get back to me with their complaints procedure. In trying to resolve this I spoke to another advisor who promised to apply the discount and send me the complaints process, but he has done neither despite numerous emails to him. Then I get a call from Alpharooms saying my flight had been cancelled!!! I was furious, but on getting him to check, it transpired this referred to the previous flight that hadn't gone through and had to be re-booked but he hadn't thought to check this before ringing me to impart bad news unnecessarily. This is topped by the fact that the advisors first language is not English and its VERY difficult to understand what is being said to you and make sure you have the correct information. I am wondering if the competitive prices are actually worth the hassle, especially when you don't get the promised discount. I have spoken to numerous advisors now and have struggled every time. They 'gabble' the terms and conditions at 100 mph so you have no hope of knowing what the T&C's actually are. Very disappointing experiences. On one call to rebook flights I spoke to a man who was VERY hard to understand and talked very quickly. I had to keep asking him to slow down, which he didn't find easy! He gabbled through the payment details and if I hadn't asked him to stop and repeat what he said he would have signed me up for paying in instalments and being changed an admin fee each time. This is totally unfair, as its really hard to follow what is being said. He also didn't tell me there was an extra charge for paying by visa and I advised he should have told me this when I chose to pay with Visa. He was unable to explain to me why I couldn't make the usual payment and then pay the balance off however many weeks before I travel, he wanted me to just pay £1 deposit PLUS the Visa charge then pay in instalments with an admin fee each time. Presumably they get commission on this way. I have spoken to several people there now. the only person who has been genuinely helpful and answered my email queries is Andrea Crome. I also submitted a review on Sweet memory apartments where we stayed in April/May and was promised £20 off my next holiday, but I have never received any vouchers and I have not received any discount of my 2 subsequent bookings. The £50 discount promised by 3 people has never been applied. I feel I have had a really raw deal with these 2 bookings, I was a fan of Alpharooms but this experience has really put me off. I am now plagued by phone calls from them saying my flights have been cancelled, or is it confirmed? I can't actually tell. What a shame, they have been so good in the past."
Ms Karin Black
Unverified Reviewer
"Please DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I recently booked a holiday to Cyprus with them . I booked and paid for a transfer. When I was on holiday my transfer was cancelled, when I checked with the booking agent they told me that Alpharooms had cancelled this . I tried to contact them by phone but after waiting for 45 minutes on a premium number I gave up. When I returned to the UK I emailed them, they apologised and promised to send me the taxi fare I incurred. His was in June , the money never arrived and despite trying to contact them via my account they don’t bother to reply if you look on the net there’s loads of examples of the same thing. Its constantly happening and theyre not doing anything about it. My only hope now is to go through the small claims court. BEWARE"
Alpharooms is rated 1.00 based on 2 reviews