Allied Vehicle Rentals Reviews

of reviewers recommend Allied Vehicle Rentals

Tell us how Allied Vehicle Rentals made you happy
I hired a van for two days to help my son move into a new flat in central London. Halfway through the rental period the exhaust system failed. I was stopped by the police and ordered to park-up and arrange for the van to be recovered. Following Allied's recovery procedure I contacted the AA. It took the AA 18 hours to come and recover the van from the Elephant & Castle.
While not blaming Allied for the shortcomings of the AA recovery service, I was not impressed by the fact that their vehicle maintenance programme is questionable plus the fact that I was not offered a refund on the rental fee.
Dear Tony,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear your experience with Allied Vehicle Rentals was not satisfactory.

Please be assured that all of our vehicles are regularly checked, but unfortunately unexpected breakdowns can happen at any time. Please accept our apologies for the poor service caused by The AA and the inconvenience this has caused you.

Following your feedback we will look into the matter further to avoid this happening again.

Kind regards,
Allied Vehicle Rentals Ltd
Basically the car was a good one but it was overdue a service by 3000 miles and engine management light was on so did not instill confidence in Allied.
I would question their safety policy as I felt the was not safe.
Dear John,

Thank you for leaving us a review. We’re sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience, we value our customer service very highly and hope we can address the issues below.

The hired vehicle is less than 8 months old and has done 13000 miles. The service requirements for this specific car is every 24 months or 20000 miles. Unfortunately there was an issue with the light incorrectly displaying, however we did explain this to you as you came to collect the vehicle. Please be assured that the service indicator system has now been fixed.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we invite you to get in contact with us if you would like to discuss this further.
Arranged to have the vehicle a day earlier, paid the appropriate fee, the van despite being relatively new was quite badly damage on most panels, went down the garage to fill prior to a long journey, handbrake wouldn't hold ( WTF) Took it back to the yard, Can't do anything mate, maintenance (at Chelmsford) is close now, Take a chance and drive it like that i was told...!!! ( No way ) Eventuality Sale staff tighten the handbrake cable themselves, Did notice one of the windscreen nozzles was blocked... All pointed to a lack of preventative servicing...especially the handbrake failure...
Dear Mr Skinner,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience, we value our customer service very highly and hope we can address the issues below.

The hired vehicle is less than a year old and the handbrake was working correctly before being hired. Unfortunately however, this particular issue with the handbrake not holding is a known problem with this make of van and can often be caused by pulling up the handbrake too tight. We’re glad to hear that our staff were able to resolve the problem for you after our maintenance garage had closed for the day.

Staff not organised, delaying my time and day with veichel . The veichel was in poor condition, not ready when I arrived.
Hi Stacey, we're sorry to hear your experience with Allied Vehicle Rentals wasn't satisfactory. Your pick-up took a little longer to process because we had to change drivers, as your licence didn't allow you to hire the vehicle you had chosen. We do advise this on booking as well, but with your feedback we will make sure we make this extra clear to future customers. If there is anything else please don't hesitate to contact us on 01245 930 282. Kind regards, Allied Vehicle Rentals.
Allied Vehicle Rentals is rated 4.61 based on 186 reviews