Big Green Egg - Alfresco Concepts ltd Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Big Green Egg - Alfresco Concepts ltd

How would you rate Big Green Egg - Alfresco Concepts ltd ?

Verified Buyer
"This is an outstanding barbecue grill. We used it almost every day since we bought it."
Stephen Butler
Stephen Butler
Verified Buyer
"Great products supplied with great customer care. I use my large egg 3 or 4 times a week even in the winter. The Kelly Bronze Turkey cooked on the egg was perfect for Christmas this year. Can't wait to get a Mini Max for those weekend breakfasts!"
Aadil Qureshi
Aadil Qureshi
Verified Buyer
"Great unit. The large size is perfect for my needs. I am now using the egg almost 3 times a week, even in the UK weather... it really is an outdoor oven more than it is a barbecue. I'd encourage everyone to do a LOT of research online before getting down first few cooks - you can learn a lot from the egghead forums etc. and save yourself a lot of hassle. All delivered as expected and received very promptly with accessories etc. The only negative points; - My unit came with some silicon sealant around the lower air vent. I guess this is a good idea as it stops air escaping (or coming in) when the vent is fully closed, but the sealant was applied really messily. It was kind of smeared on the sides of the ceramic and I had to remove it during installation. - The large nest seems to be SUPER SUPER tight on the large egg. Had to fully loosen all bolts in order to get the egg to slide all the way to the base. When tightening it felt very very snug... no way it could move now."
"'Customer Service' is pretty much non-existent. Defensive and unable or don't want to offer any real solutions. Pity as the Egg is a great, if expensive, product."
Adrian Webster
Verified Buyer
"I recently ordered a Large BGE table, cover and stand. I received an email from the transport company the Alfresco Concepts outsourced to, confirming the delivery. I got in contact with them and we arranged for the delivery to be on the Friday before the Bank holiday weekend, as they can only deliver on weekdays. I took the day off work and waited for the 9-5 delivery slot. By 5pm nothing had arrived. Unable to ring either the Pallet Company or Alfresco Concepts at 5pm, as their lines said they were now shut, I sent a rather annoyed email to Alfresco Concepts! Almost immediately I received a call from a very understanding lady from Alfresco Concepts, who apologised for the rudeness of the Pallet company for not informing me that the delivery was not going to happen, and assured me that my delivery would now be with me on the Saturday (next day) morning. As promised, my delivery arrived the next morning, meaning I didn't need to take another day off work. I am a realist, and understand that things go wrong from time to time, but what matters to me is how they are dealt with and put right. Alfresco Concepts dealt with this issue in a timely manner (even though they could have ignored it until the following Tuesday), and put right someone else's mistake ensuring that my inconvenience was kept to a minimum. This was excellent customer service, and has ensured I remain a customer and I will continue to direct my friends and colleagues this way when they are searching for BBQ related equipment."
Susan Jenkins
Verified Buyer
"efficient & helpful... my second egg and the same good service"
Charles Hatton
Verified Buyer
"The promised email to indicate when the delivery was due didn't materialise, but a call to Alfresco resolved the matter happily. Not a reflection on Alfresco, but I feel the guide on how to use the BBQ Guru could be made a lot clearer for the uninitiated."
Hi Charles

Thank you for your review. I hope you're getting on well with your Digi Q BBQ Guru now. If you're finding it tricky, why not check out our Applewood Hot Smoked Salmon recipe?

We wrote this one specifically with the Digi Q in mind, so it takes you through the set-up and has a few hints and tips too!

Thanks
The Big Green Egg Team
Martin Clifton
Verified Buyer
"Helpful and rapid service, good quality oven (although the lower vent seems a little flimsy compared to the overall quality.) Early days yet but seems very easy to use, heats rapidly, temperature control very straightforward."
Adrian McLoughlin
"Excellent prompt service"
Ben Elkington
Verified Buyer
"Great products backed up by good service and communication"
Simon Cleasby
"Thank you"
Hi Simon,

We're really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately the office has been closed since 17:00 on Thursday for the Easter Holidays, which has slowed us down.

We will do our best to get this sorted for you as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Big Green Egg Team
"Communications and delivery were flawless. Would use again"
"Very helpful in advising me on my order and organising the delivery to suit me"
Claire-Louise Crampton
Verified Buyer
"Quality product as per usual. Speedy delivery."
Verified Buyer
"On removing the weather cover from my big green egg last weekend, I managed to dislodge the snuffer which fell off and smashed. I ordered a replacement and it was delivered very quickly. However, I thought the delivery charge of £10.00 on a £25.00 item was a little excessive."
Verified Buyer
"Ok so my XL egg was delivered some 6 weeks ago and the Mahogany table that I bought with it was damaged on the top. The white glove delivery people sent images to the office and it was quickly decided that a replacement top should be sent. I was told to continue using the egg in the damaged table top which I did. The product itself is excellent and the food we have cooked on it is outstanding so no complaints about the egg itself. My only gripe is with the customer service of this company. A full month passed without mention of my replacement table top. Indeed it was me who had to chase this and I didn't even get an apology for any delay, just told that they would call the delivery people to get them to arrange the replacement delivery which eventually came a further week later. Now I spent £2250 on this egg and table and most companies in the current climate would fall over themselves to make sure they keep customers happy. I'm disappointed with the experience if i were honest and have not even been offered a bag of charcoal for all the inconvenience or even a follow up call to make sure I was happy with the replacement. Shame!"
George Cannon
Verified Buyer
"Having been on many Eggfest events in USA over the years of owning my Eggs (1Lge 2Sml) I was well aware of the eggcelent customer / warranty service given across the states. One of my Small eggs owned since 2012 glaze started to flake off the dome and as not broken I contacted hoping for at least a discount on replacement lid. Within hours, pictures sent and full replacement dome arranged for delivery with no charge under warranty. It is so refreshing to receive the same level of service in the UK I had seen first hand in USA. Many other companies could learn from this as we often loose out once they have our pennies. Well done Alfresco for keeping up your end of the warranty even after 5 years. Truly justifies every penny spent on a first class product. (buy cheap buy twice with most others) George"
Phil Crane
Verified Buyer
"Not a big fan of doing everything online but with the orders I have placed things went extremely smoothly, excellent service!"
Gavin Welch
Verified Buyer
"I love my Green Egg it is easy to use and produces excellent food , so efficient and my friends and family love coming for dinner cooked on the Green Egg"
Bob Van Vliet
Verified Buyer
"Purchased two bags of Premium 100% Natural Lump Charcoal. Disappointed to find several large rocks and lots of fines and small pieces of charcoal. I have only been using BGE lump charcoal on my egg and until now very satisfied with the quality. I hope this is a one off otherwise will look elsewhere."
Big Green Egg - Alfresco Concepts ltd is rated 4.51 based on 41 reviews