Aldi Reviews

Aldi have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

62% of reviewers recommend Aldi
2 New Reviews Written
06AM
6AM

How would you rate Aldi ?

"Isn't it dreadful, all this negative stuff about Aldi. Even though it is correct of course it is still quite depressing. Oh, yes Tesco. That reminds me of an earlier reviewer writing about their new stores to compete with Lidl and aldi. It is correct, so watch out for them. As for the refusal to sell alcohol after producing ID I do hope you do not let it drop."
"The new store in High Wycombe is a welcome addition to the area. The meat is excellent and the prices mostly lower than other supermarkets for comparable foods. The smoked gammon is outstanding and British!, I will be driving the 6 miles to this store passing Tesco on the way in the future."
"So sorry about your experience Andrew. It is sadly indicative of the at times utterly useless staff at some Aldi Stores. As far as the law goes the staff member and the store manager are BOTH very wrong. You did what was required of you to legally do, and were refused. Either this pair need to be retold their company's legal responsibility regarding the sale of alcohol, and required proof, or be dismissed for bringing that store into disrepute. The other customer was quite right too. If I went into that store with my young daughter to buy wine, and was asked for my id, I would legally expect to be sold it after it's production. Dreadful. I do hope that this will be an eye opener for you, and that you stay away from that particular store, if not all Aldi stores. There is one free course of action open to you and that is to go to your local council and complain under the sale of good act. I am sure they would be very interested. Good luck in the future."
"I visited aldi in strathaven today. I was most impressed by your manager There. He was most helpful to us and very pleasant about taking the time to advise us about one of your products. In today's climate people complain all the time about everything thought you might like to hear something positive. Thank you"
"I went to Aldi in Stalybridge which I am a regular customer. Date Sunday 14th October 2018 time 15:00 I had just done a full shop with my girlfriend and we got two bottles of wine. The guy at the till called Roland ID number 25416 asked for ID I showed my ID which was a provisional driving license my age being 27. He then asked for my girlfriend ID she did not have hers on her but she is 21. He said we could not have the wine I said so even though I am paying you won't serve and she has car keys which we showed and he said doesn't matter. The guy before us even said what if I had my 3-year-old child with me would you ID the kid? Roland replied doesn't matter. The manager then came over she was very rude and abrupt and just said doesn't matter cant be served. I felt like leaving the whole shop at the till but I know that would not be fair on the other staff. I am sad there is no common sense at Aldi and I am disgusted at the service and will not be going to this store again. Regards Andrew"
"Once again the same old tales of woe about a really shoddy company. I know these things can happen with any supermarket delivery, but Aldi has the major share of such woes. I simply do not understand why people keep shopping there unless they need to. Why use Hermes in the first place with it's dreadful delivery issues. It beggars belief. I buy masses of items from Ebay and know who the worse are for delivery. Guess who!! DPD will not only keep you informed of delivery day but also inform you with a one hour delivery slot via texts. PLUS will also allow you to change your delivery day."
"Hi a ordered a item and was told it would be delivered on the 5/10/18 at 9.30 and I stayed in till 11.30 and surprice surprice it never came then when my husband came in at 2.30 , Hermes had tried to deliver it . On the Deliver note I put deliver to my neighbour but they Neve delivered the i team to them ,so my husband phoned the Hermes delivery man and he said it would be delivered today at 11 surprice surprice it has not been delivered . I contacted Aldi to be told there is nothing they can do what customer service is that ."
"Bought egg custard tarts today at 2pm, and they had gone out at 10 00 am THIS MORNING. I hope that this does not make me ill! I have lost confidence shopping at Aldi."
"Such a miserable experience shopping in Aldi. The main factors are the shockingly fast checkouts which are so discriminatory towards the less able, and the attitude of staff towards them. You see it all the time. No quarter is given, unless you stand your ground and refuse to be rushed. The food quality is comparable to price you pay. I find it interesting what was written about Tesco new stores opening to compete with Aldi and the bit more up market Lidl. Seems they are called Jacks. Time will tell. Hope it succeeds."
"Shopping in Aldi is always a pleasurable experience. There's a great range of food, we particularly like the continental selections. The staff are always helpful, charming and polite and the speed of getting through the checkouts is brilliant. And, this morning I realised that I had mislaid my purse and phoned to see if I'd left it in the shop, I had, and it had been put in their safe - thanks very much Aldi x"
"Horrible experience at Northfield branch. Staff only cares about shifting products. A customer means nothing. Veyr poor CS."
"Well there you go. Aldi should pay people to actually shop there and park, not the other way round. Shocking but not surprising. I have also heard about the new Tesco stores opening. I don't care about their bad quality food etc as I no longer shop there. I care about their terrible checkout system, as do others. Vote with your feet people and stop going. Consider the elderly and less able."
"A parking ticket for spending 59 mins in your WestKirkby store is a joke. Sometimes I've been in there and the parking machine to enter your reg no isn't working so I'm expecting more tickets for spending over £6k a year in your stores. This is not how you build a relationship with your loyal customers."
"one £200 fridge from Aldi ended up costing me over £500...! Brilliant customer service they never helped one bit and outstanding way to treat a customer definitely will not be back.....!!!!!"
"The chances of finding "gone off" food in Marks and Spencer is almost nil. They have someone going round checking just that. In all my years of shopping with them I have never, not ever, had that experience. With Aldi though it can be found fairly often, especially so called vacuum packs not being airtight. A subject brought up by another "genuine" reviewer a while back. You sacrifice quality for cheap prices with Aldi. Still, up to the individual isn't it. I heard about Tesco other stores also. Great eh. Will watch with interest. Goodbye Aldi? Hope so."
"Found Aldi vert good value ,long date life better than Marks and Spencer’s got fed up going back to Marks and giving products back gone off ,well done Aldi that’s why I keep going back AND. Saving MONEY try Aldi you won’t be disappointed."
"Hmmm. Wondering how you managed to give them three stars then. Bit odd really. Still, it's one of those old same stories incidents. It's their bad quality isn't it, of their own brands I mean, and those dreadful checkouts. I sympathise with the wrong wine delivery and for sure never not ever rely on their customer services. I lived in the Netherlands for many years and can tell you it is the same over there too. All we can hope for is that Tesco's new stores, the name of which escapes me right now, to push out Aldi and Lidl, really catches on."
"Been using Aldi for some years. Know the store from Germany. Good things about Aldi are the low prices which sometimes stay the same for 18 months or more. Products are mostly pretty good quality too. Recently maybe they have hired some folks from the the other supermarkets, but they have started to disappoint. Majorly, as was ever thus, everything is price matched with Lidl and vice versa - must be against competition law, mustn't it? Then, packs have fewer items inside for the same price; prices are going up by silly percentages. instead of some sort of inflation based 2-3% rise, its way above. People notice these things over time. Take eggs, for example - 10 large eggs and the last rises. Just be happy with lots of market share, turnover growth and therefore profit and the huge extra you make on booze versus Germany. And keep things in stock. It's okish to have to search through mounds of packs of frozen fruit for the Cherries you want, but not for there to be none there very frequently after all that effort! I could go on, but you get my drift. Don't take loyal customers for granted."
"Ordered box of wine online. Received someone else's order, taking ages to resolve, kept having to wait in for someone to collect then to deliver correct order (still waiting...) Sent complaint. Girl phoned me up but she kept giving me incorrect facts and interrupting me. Definitely do not recommend. Don't know what the wine is like but going on the level of customer service not expecting much - still waiting to receive order!"
Aldi is rated 3.43 based on 375 reviews