Aldi Reviews

78% of reviewers recommend Aldi

How would you rate Aldi?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Aldi won highest spot from Which magazine I see. No surprise there at all is there. Which have always been notoriously unreliable with their surveys. Possibly they were top, but not for quality that's for sure. Sorry, but cheap food prices always denote poor quality. No ifs or buts. Aldi should come bottom of the list for their discrimination against the elderly, infirm, disabled and those with mobility issues. Why? Because of there outrageous fast checkouts. As another reviewer said, rightly so, the checkout staff have to scan x amount of items per day or shift. It makes no difference to them how old or whatever the customer might be. In my opinion it is an utter disgrace, and one I feel will catch up with this nasty company eventually."
Russell Watts
"Cheap prices and very good food"
Paul Armstrong
"Saw a drill stand for £39 and bought on spur of the moment. Easy to assemble and works very well."
"Why did I ever give them yet another chance!! This time there will not be another time!! I bought some frozen smoked haddock, with my heart full of great trepidation. Well I was not wrong to be worried. It was an absolute disgrace!! Bits of the dark backbone still within, and cooking times? Let me tell you. The suppliers state 4-5 minutes using 800 watt microwave oven. They are seriously wrong to be sure. Took another full minute to cook if properly to "avoid any health risk". Even then it was not eatable. Now here's something interesting for you. My cat, whose name is Becket, will not even eat their frozen cod fillets. She is very discerning when it comes to food, and once again she is right. At least she doesn't have to run the gauntlet of their ridiculous checkouts. I don't either, but people do. Just take your time."
"When I DID my shopping!! Actually, Aldi are very much overpriced. Why? Because of the bad quality of their food products. Whatever you pay is too much for the dreadful quality. Untidy stores. Zooming checkouts not for the squeamish, elderly or disabled. Nasty evil things to be sure. I know not a single person, bar one, who ever shopped there and went back again. It is generally known that this company are for people on very low incomes. There is nothing wrong with being on a low income, and I say nothing against anyone who is. It is a fact though, sadly. Nasty German company."
Mrs Elizabeth Turner
"The aldi store in Glossop always has full shelves friendly staff & clean"
"Recently I have been shopping in Aldi and I can't fault the price and quality of products, however, other supermarkets have loyalty schemes that are very beneficial for the customer and I feel like I am getting no reward for being a loyal customer!"
Anne Robertson
Unverified Reviewer
"When I done my shopping last week I was astonished by how cheap the products were but I was even more surprised to find out that the quality of the products were fab! My only complaint is that I find it hard getting around in my old age so I would love a delivery service!"
"When I done my shopping last week I had a fantastic time! The price and quality of the products were fab! With my back problem I am struggling to get round the store and just to really go anywhere so I would personally love a home delivery service. I am sure I am not the only one with this problem and I am sure there is many more in this position."
Robert Wotherspooon
"Lots of fresh products and staff always happy to help"
Bernard Taylor
"Price and quality of goods and an excellent 60 day no quibble return policy."
"Great quality, great prices."
Jonathan Disappointed (boo Hoo)
Verified Reviewer
"Aldi pulling a fast one? We like their Ballycastle Irish Cream ( a Baileys substitute) and bought some Xmas 2017. That was 14.5% vol alcohol. We bought some more in January 2018, which has new labelling BUT it also has a massive reduction of over 17% in alcohol content at 12% vol alcohol. Unfortunately this large loss in alcohol conttent hasn't meant a price reduction of 17%. Picture of the two "variants" of Ballycastle Irish Cream showing the alcohol content reduction:- https://i.imgur.com/OHQINSJ.jpg"
"Just started shopping there now after being ripped off at Tesco prices are reasonable the only downside they don't sell frozen mash potatoes so I still have to go to Tesco it's still a very pleasant experience Mansfield store"
Steven King
"Top class product ordered online great price good comms thank you"
"Took my mum and elderly Auntie to whitehaven Aldi, OMG what a horrible experience, rude staff and when trying to complain to the manager she is just as ignorant. Tills going to fast for elderly the young man on the till was just as ignorant as the rest of them, learn some manners. It's ridiculous, we will stick to asda from now on. No point in complaining to customer service as they take no notice. They will aAll stick together."
"Sorry, but I do not understand your review of three stars and then go on to complain bitterly about the store and staff. Surely it should have been one star, the minimum. I also do not understand anyone who shops there. Nasty cheap low quality food items (that's why it is cheap), untidy layout of stores and those rocket propelled checkouts. Why is it that people put up with the latter? Go at your own pace, and if they complain to you then complain to the store manager and the company themselves. They won't take any notice of course (they never do) but at least you did it. It is not the customers fault that checkout staff MUST scan a certain amount of items per shift/hour. If you are elderly it makes no difference whatsoever. The same pace applies to anyone irrespective of age. Does it say much for the company? Not anything nice it doesn't."
"I really like Aldi, as the advertisement says, you can get healthy food cheap but some of the staff are just awful. One staff member who was filling shelves near me was really rude fast and almost aggressive while I was shopping and the till staff really rush you through the checkout it's like they're on speed even when it's not busy (unlike M&S who are always patient and pleasant)."
Wish I Could Do 0 Stars
Verified Reviewer
"SHOCKING SHOPPING EXPERIENCE, On the 1st feb 2018, I called into Whitehaven Aldi for a few things, it came to £8.27, I handed over a £20 note, I know it was definitely a £20 because that's all that was in my pocket, got the change and receipt for a £10 so I said you have give me change and receipt for £10 but I give you £20. So he got the manager and closed the till, they went into the office to count the till to see if it was a tenner over, surprise surprise he came back (on his own, Manager no where to be seen) to say the till was right, I must have give him a £10 note. I know for a fact it was a £20 note because I only had a £20. They made me feel like I was telling lies, I left the shop £10 down through no fault of my own. I got home and contacted customer services, Cutting along story short, they got back to me the next day, they supposedly contacted whitehaven Aldi and the tills were balanced, so nothing they can do, BUT I know I definitely give them £20 and got change for £10, I suggested to them to look at there cameras, if I had been a criminal and stolen something it would be on camera so why wouldn't me handing a £20 note over not be on camera, But they said nothing can done. I will never set foot in there again."
"Exceptional service tonight at the Aldi in Clowne in Chesterfield with regard to a return of a damaged item. Staff there are always pleasant."
Aldi is rated 4.04 based on 247 reviews