Aldi Reviews

74% of reviewers recommend Aldi

How would you rate Aldi?

Judith Holland
"Aldi have an amazing range of goods with exceptional pricing, there is always someone there to help you find things and if the till queues start to back up they will always open up a new one to help out."
Caring For Others
Unverified Reviewer
"I was very thoughtful after reading the quite a few reviews of the Dover store. Could it really be that bad? I do not shop at Aldi for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of their bad quality fresh products, including meats etc, and, as has been stated here quite a lot, their dreadful discriminating checkout systems. I happen to find it upsetting to see their treatment of the elderly at these checkouts, and those less able. Sooo, I paid the Dover store a visit last Sunday, 15th April. I did so mainly to see if it was true re the checkouts. Well I can tell you that it is, very much so. I wandered around for a few minutes and noticed what a state the store actually was. Not dirty but very untidy, especially the aisles of non food items, like paint, work tools etc. I stood the other side of the checkouts, watching, as one elderly gentleman was harassed and intimidated by the male checkout person who was scanning items much too fast. Aldi do not do themselves any favours by acting this way, and it is an utter disgrace. Also, I do not believe that their head office people do not frequent this site. Shame on them therefore for doing nothing to stop this practice. Oh, and thank you for the Lidl tip in Dover up at Whitfield and the Tesco minis. I was not aware of either."
Mr S Beach Address: , ,
"Great products at substantially lower prices. Make the jump, you will not be disappointed!!"
"Item not delivered 4 weeks after ordering, when leaving reviews on Aldi website you can not comment on none delivery or any other service, ie customer care, my review was “can’t make comment on item as never delivered” they refused to publish it."
"Didn't realise until recently that you can order a lot of the weekly one-off deals online!! Well chuffed, haven't got to spend ages trawling through the product displays instore now!!"
"I loved the lengthy review a few down re Dover store. Well done, and how very true. However, that's not why I am here. I am here to state that Aldi themselves have admitted they think we are in various class systems, like lower, middle and upper. As the so called upper group would not shop at Aldi anyway, that leaves the lower and middle classes. By default, Aldi are saying that they are aware their shoppers come into the lower class bracket. How come? In the Daily Mail of April 6th it states that Aldi are trying to woo the middle classes with cut price riding lessons. Really? How dare they. Thank goodness this awful company with their dreadful attitude towards the elderly and less able people are heading for the long walk downhill. I sincerely hope that the staff in the riding stables will be more sympathetic towards anyone less able than most, unlike their checkout staff. Most people shop At Aldi for cheap prices on basic goods, not because they want to but because they have to. Well do not worry. I checked up on the Tesco mini branches to compete with Aldi and it is quite correct, they are opening them. Great!!"
WOOD
"Much cheaper than any other large supermarket and the quality of their products is certainly no lower."
"Value of many"
"Unfortunately you can't review 0 or the store in Bradford would get that. Appalling behaviour by the manager refusing to help at till. Expecting customer to sort shopping out as quick as herself and once finished asking you put your card in while I am sorting the shopping out upon asking her for help. She refuses to help and tells me to hurry up and pay or I will take the shopping from you and banned you I ask for a reason she gets the form for banning and starts filling. Shocked and amazed at ludicrous behaviour I get in touch with customer service they tell me it is her discretion. Nothing could be done. Spent £1000s of my hard earned money. Nightmare experience"
James
"Very reasonably priced organic goods. Great choice of beer and gin. Clean and tidy. No irritating music."
"Everything!!! Terrible shop if u want to pack your items as a robot then yes, feel sorry for the staff and would never Shop at Aldi again. Cheap prices come with cheap labour I would rather prefer to wait to be serve longer than see how the staff work there and push people to speed up packing. Cheap but if u think about it twice nothing to do with a good customer service and don’t even want to think how hard employees have to work to meet targets. Nowadays really, no value but money is all about it, sad but true."
"Staff works like a robots, you have to pack your stuff as a robot, great prices but poor customer service, feel sorry for the staff too. Applied for job at Aldi too just to confirm my concerns and nothing to say! Bad from the inside so had it can be good outside. Sorry 😐 would rather shop in more expensive stores but at the end of day it is not only about money quality..... people are not an animal ant not a robots, nowadays everything is only about money. Sad but true."
"Southmead Bristol store Awful experience .Opening and closing tills making me wait far longer than needed and then sending me back to a till that had previously refused to serve me as they were apparently closing .They treat customers as if their time is of no value . Also they refuse to call their managers to discuss how they operate .I left without my purchases and will never return. It is just not worth the increase in blood pressure"
"Having read other reviews perhaps I am lucky with my store in Hexham. Staff are friendly, informative and obliging and always ready to help anyone having difficulties I shop weekly, and reckon 90 percent of my shop is at Aldi. However, one disturbing trend lately is poor stock control, today 5 of my usual buys were unavailable. Easter next week, hope everything in their brochure is available.. I have also bought online with good immediate service."
"I ordered 2 panel heaters and they have both arrived broken. I didn’t open the box to check them until I had already removed the old ones. Now I have no heating in the rooms upstairs with 2 small children. First time using Aldi and not impressed. The delivery details said for returns to contact customer services and they are open until 21:00 Mon to Sat, but when I phoned at 20:10 they were closed. Might not try Aldi again."
Ian Miller
"Online customer service regularly hits the mark"
Louise Roberts
"Bought 2 pack of mangos and both mouldy"
Concerned For ELDERLY
Unverified Reviewer
"I read that the Dover store seems to be in trouble with reviewers. It is most likely the same in them all, but I feel I must state here something said to me, also about the Dover store. I was on one of my very rare visits to this company, not for food items, goodness forbid, but for something else that they did not have anyway. On my way to the store through from London Road, I got talking to an elderly lady pushing a shopping trolley. She said she dreaded going in there because she could not handle the very fast checkouts and nobody ever seemed to care. It was very obvious that this lady had mobility issues. I left her at the store entrance, walked around after not finding what I wanted and watched the checkouts for a while. I was dismayed, and also disgusted, that the attitude toward the elderly who were less agile than some, had not changed at all. Now wouldn't you have thought that Aldi head office people looked around on these review sites to see what was being written about them. Obviously not it seems. Not to do with the Dover store anyway. I am sure that eventually the awful attitude toward the elderly and those less agile than most, will one day catch up with all the staff at this terrible store. It is bad enough that Aldi area a cheap store offering inferior quality products, but to have such bad customer relations is truly shocking. I too am aware that there is a Lidl store in town now, and am also aware of the Tesco minis to be opened. Shame on you Aldi."
Aldi is rated 3.89 based on 278 reviews