Aldi Reviews

70% of reviewers recommend Aldi

How would you rate Aldi ?

Mohamed Ehbal
"Good quality with low prices for everyday shoppings."
"Was overcharged and rolls purchased (and opened within 2 hours of purchase) were green with mould. Would have liked to attach a photo of the rolls."
"Well done!! How right you are. Get a grip Aldi, and not only with your checkouts."
Helen Cullumbine
Unverified Reviewer
"Aldi have become complacent. Their new products widely publicised (halloumi fries etc) are non existent. Bought their peanut butter/raspberry prosecco cheesecakes today which have fallen apart before serving and are tasteless and completely overrated, get a grip Aldi..."
"Yes, Aldi are selling more branded items, but their own remain just as bad as ever. No surprise there then. I am tired, as it seems are others, of the mistreatment of the aged and less able at the checkouts. I do not simply have it in for Aldi. They have done nothing to me personally to turn me against them. No, I dislike the qualty of their food items. I digress though. Back to the elderly. It really is not right, and I think more people should take an interest in those less fortunate physically than themselves and vote by writing reviews about this awful practice and or writing to Aldi head office. Don't hold your breath though waiting for a reply."
"great selection affordable wine. great food especially breakfast cereal and organic porridge oats which also makes delicious crumble. The Village Bakery's Malted bloomer is superb, some of the packed cold meat is terrific value for money. try different types and you'll be amazed at the taste. fresh meat from the butchery is usually very tasty; Angus beefburgers Yummy!! Aldi are selling more branded food now though we prefer their own brand; soups are brilliant, and great value and their frozen fish is so cheap, as are Portuguese sardines. There are bargains all over the store; try something new each week. I tend to buy all fruit and vegetables at Sainsbury's because they last very much longer, for some reason. and the date is on the packs. Over the years, have bought a good few electrical items which we are still using almost daily. Aldi bedding and towels have never appealed to me but I do enjoy searching for garden items; always a good price. the downside at Aldi's is the parking every time. Luckily there are no cameras at my local store but the store is very isolated so I cannot visit any other store on the same trip, which means we are using petrol just to shop solely at Aldi. we enjoy our weekly trip to Aldi's and we pay a little less for our shopping too."
"More woes for this company. Aldi involved in a DATA BREACH scandal. involving salaries, tax numbers and other sensitive personal data. Seems they used a company called PageUp, which had the leakage. Maybe they should have been more careful with whom they did business. At least no customers personal details are involved. Well, tongue in cheek, PageUp say not. Is it correct though? Pay cash for a while if I were you, or stop going there perhaps."
Kiran
"Excellent customer service and always happy to help"
"Just a quickie. Under EU law there is a six year gtee period, and not just the three years the previous review stated. Although Aldi are a shoddy company at best, most retailers have no idea of EU consumer law and neither do their staff. Don't be fobbed off if you ever take any item back, especially the one which involves you, the buyer, actually being told to contact the manufacturer yourself. Someone sold me something which they put inside an Aldi heavy duty bag. Walk around with an Aldi bag? No way. Put it aside for garden rubbish."
"Parking tickets from these guys. Beware."
"Beware of this company's electrical goods manufacturer branded Workzone. Most likely Aldi own brand name and made in China or somewhere. Not that this matters and neither am I saying they will all be bad quality. This concerns the warranty which comes with these goods. With mine anyway. It gives three years from date of purchase. The catch is this.......Aldi expect you to contact their service hotline before anything else. They then expect you to pack the item and send off to their premises in Kettering. Ok, so it is free to do so. Well really! How kind of them. Breaking consumer law already Aldi. The first port of call, legally, is with the store which sold you the item, and NOT the manufacturer. It is Aldi's job to either refund you, replace the item if still available or themselves offer to contact the manufacturer. This within the first six months. In any case you should take back to store, no matter how long has gone by. Why am I not surprised."
"A Daily Mail article of today, 28th May 2018, states that Aldi seem to be tops with cheap beauty products which are much like the originals from top manufacturers. In fact Aldi came out tops. That's ok then? No, not at all. People going to Aldi for such products will not improve the company's ratings for food products will it. Aldi will always sell inferior food products won't they. On a brighter side they sometimes have fairly good electrical items. Not that I wish to bring up yet again a certain store in Kent, I popped in there today. Oh, as usual all the plants outside were completely dry. Will they never learn. I did buy a battery powered engraver. On my way out it was great to see a couple taking no notice of the checkout girl's supersonic speeds and packed at the checkout. I do wish more people would do likewise. On my way home, and not far from this dreadful store, I was asked by a woman in a camper, which had parked, did I know of a nearby supermarket. I said there was an Aldi nearby. The man leaned forward and said, "No, no, we do not want an Aldi". I then said that there was a Morrisons not far away. He got out his satnav, entered it in, and thanked me. Their nationality? Believe it or not they were German!! So much for this German company when even their own nationals won't go near them."
"Asda's fresh whole chicken is way better quality than Aldi's, just bought one, AND it is also cheaper!! AND they are nicer to those less able then the rest of us."
"Hmmm. A "good selection of everything" doesn't say anything for the quality does it. You are right. They do have a reasonable selection of items but the problem is the quality isn't it. Awful. I am wondering how the purchase of a notebook online merits four stars. It says nothing at all regarding the actual stores does it. I have looked at the pattern of the feedback here and there are always four star reviews after a negative one. Strange eh. We seem to be drifting away from the main bone of contention don't we, the way elderly and others less agile are treated at those checkouts."
Yasmin Lakhi
"I recently purchased a notebook from Aldi.co.uk, as they had sold out in store. This is the first time I used the website, which I found easy to navigate and the delivery was super quick and efficient, arriving within 3 days. It was helpful to be able to track the order. There was no delivery charge, so what's not to like. Would be happy to use their online service again."
Mr Mett
"good selection of everything"
"Oh, another company reviewer? It always shows doesn't it. Or it means that those who rate this awful company so highly do not care about the elderly or less agile among us. It really does matter. Be realistic. I too lived in the Netherlands some years ago and Aldi were the same there also, bad quality and too fast checkouts. Did you know that not all that long ago checkout staff had to know the price of every single item sold off by heart. No scanning. They changed this practice because they had to, not because they wanted to. Maybe someone will soon start listing the great quality products of which they write about. Then we can all know."
"I never went to Aldi choosing all the big supermarkets Instead. I went there about 6months ago and think it's brilliant the quality is excellent prices excellent and range on offer excellent what's not to like. I now do the bulk of my shopping there and think it's great.i recently bought a garden table and chairs which are absolutely fantastic."
"Aldi prices are cheap, but I'm afraid I no longer shop there. I did so when I was a bit short of money and had to put up with the poor quality. That was then, but thankfully I am no longer in that position. I do know that the ongoing issue of fast checkouts is correct. Those less able will not be able to keep pace and it simply is not fair. Sometimes those less able have no alternative stores to go to. I think this company should be ashamed really. More Lidl stores? Great, but where are they."
"Very good price for your weekly/daily shopping. And quality is not far from top notch. All in all happy customer for over 10 years now."
Aldi is rated 3.73 based on 314 reviews