Aldi Reviews

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Aldi deliver?

How can I contact Aldi?

Tell us how Aldi made you happy

"And so you should be. Their loss eh. Bit like Ebay or Amazon saying they won't deliver to any address other than your registered billing one. They wouldn't do much business would they. I use this and other online services who are only too happy to send to addresses other than my billing one so long as I pay. Typical of this company but not at all surprising. The motto? Stay away from them."
Are you Aldi? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Aldi receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I just tried to order Christmas Hampers from Aldi and had problems with the payment on the site. I then phoned to be told I could not place the order because my billing address was in the Channel Islands. I can understand that they won’t deliver there but I wanted the hampers sent to London. Totally disgusted."
"Thank so much to Liza stack'er at Glascote Rd store at Tamworth. This lady went out of her way to help me in store with my Foot Long Pigs in a Blanket. Always great to shop at Aldi."
"Oh yes. I agree with that about sell by dates. Do hope you took back and not just moan on here. Aldi, like any other cheap supermarket with a couldn't care less attitude, will have it's share of such things. Staff under extreme pressure at Aldi. They pay over the odds to them and it is for this reason I am sure that staff tend to stay. Not all though. Some leave to lead a less stressful life where they can treat people with decency, especially the elderly and less able. There seem to be people who simply do not care about this practice who frequent this review site, heaping praise upon aldi with great gusto. That's okay. One day we all will be older, and let's hope they recall their denial and not caring attitude when they too are struggling at the checkout. Doubt aldi will still be around then though. I have never spoken to anyone who goes to aldi who is not aware of this dreadful situation, but they still go there. Strange huh. I'm alright Jack? Probably. I agree that aldi are for people on low incomes who have little choice. Seems to be a quite common feeling on here. Anyway people, next time you see an elderly person struggling to keep pace in any aldi store, PLEASE speak up for them."
"I did my shopping at Aldi Ludlow and one item was set a soupreme tomato and basil soup and two days later I go to use it and it's 21 days out of date ."
"Towcester store is the best Great staff and the new refurbishment is amazing."
"I had a wonderful experience ordering my groceries I ordered midnight they said it will be here between 10 and 11 am it was way earlier I was very happy it was right on time to make my daughter her breakfast and pack her lunch for work Angela the delivery lady was very courteous she bring the groceries and told me be carful they heavy I responded don’t worry I’m used to lift heavy stuff but it was very nice of her always everything so fresh the prices are incredible perfect for my budget the products always awesome no hydrogenate oils artificial colors I’m a shopper from Aldis years ago since they come to the area lines are long and crowded at times only one or two cashiers but is worth the wait highly recommended 👍😊"
"It was my first shopping experience at Aldi for a long time and I enjoyed the range of quality food, in particular some of the organic and vegan products. The service at the till was welcoming and helpful. Thank you Claire (Lancaster store)."
"Would just like to say Aldi’s staff in Cupar in fife are the best always go the extra mile 😍"
"The correct thing to do with complaints about any hygiene issue with them is NEVER ask to see any management staff member. They will not only be non interested but will for certain know nothing whatsoever about consumer law. Go instead to your local "trading standards" initially and let them handle it. Make certain you have the correct store and ALSO your receipt. If you must ask to see the manager make CERTAIN you get his/her name, the time and date you spoke to them. If possible try to take a witness with you as it is likely it will be denied you ever spoke to them. Email their head office and DO make certain you fwd/cc/bcc to at least one other person. Their head office will not respond but the copies can help considerably as proof of contact. Aldi are a nasty company preying on those less fortunate who might have less than others and also the elderly with super fast checkouts. Try Lidl. Not much better but staff are nicer and no shockingly fast checkouts."
"Rancid rotten chicken I returned some chicken drumsticks in date by 2 days which were rotten and smelt awful The manager was approached but was not interested in looking into the problem as nobody else had brought any back, a disgusting attitude to food safety I should have gone directly to the food standards agency. Nobody answered the customer service line when I complained. I am not fussy about health and safety but this attitude is outside common sense boundaries"
"I first tried to order wine online a year ago and it didn’t get delivered on time. I tried again this week, I paid extra for nominated day delivery. I have waited in all day, to no avail, just called customer services who confirmed it is unlikely to come today! I am furious what a waste of my day! I will never try their wine delivery again it is a disgrace."
"Customer service don't exist. Misleading signs in store clearly breaching the trading standards and staff would gather around to bully if you want to raise a complaint they won't listen and complaint procedure don't exist. The would tell you to go somewhere else if you don't like the policies. (Crap policies they mislead the customers)"
"I see a lot of negative reviews for aldi , for me I love the stores, it’s cheap and good quality and people moan about the efficiency of there staff at the tills, in Asda I have to que for ages because the staff are so slow. So I checked other reviews on Tesco Sainsbury’s and Asda and they all moan on there as well, maybe we rather moan about the bad things than giving good feedback when needed , so aldi well done I love shopping at your stores."
"Aldi and Lidl have both lost out in France and are closing stores as a result. Why oh why can the English supermarkets not do likewise to oust them over here. We do not need them and we do not want them. Come on people, stop shopping with them and support our own country's stores."
"Well well. Hard to believe what I have just read, but believe it I did, and of course it will all be true. The worrying thing is that most review sites seem to be full of Aldi tales of woe. What is obvious, seeing as how the complaints continue, is that Aldi themselves either do not frequent these sites or simply do not care. The latter for certain. I wonder why that is. For myself, and I am sure for others too, I would rather shop elsewhere and pay more for politeness, sane checkouts and good quality. Going by the complaints re staff attitudes it seems also that they don't have a good recruitment program, sifting the suitable from the unsuitable. Or, and this is important, nobody with good consumer experience wants to work for them. Word gets around I suppose."
"Sincame from devon took me shopping I suffer with panicattacks and copd he had me and two young children didnt realise the parking times have changed just got a fine for £40 not happy considering I spent £58'in aldi so much for value for money you needto put some sort of reminder in store about parking times will not use the store again or any aldi"
"Cottage cheese & pineapple,maybe one piece of pineapple per tub.Aslo fresh vegetables goes off too quickly ,if not covered in bugs!"
"Mince and chicken breast stink 4 days before sell by date. This happens all the time. I’ve had enough now. What we save in price I lose in the stuff I throw away. Same with veg. As soon as you pass through the checkout it’s gone off."
"Half term week so took my 14 year old son shopping with me . Usual shop grocerys a some wine. My son helped me load the shopping on the conveyor, an aldi manager stood behind us advised my son to lay the bottles flat so they didnt fall over. Both the manager and cashier waited for us to finish and then asked my 14 year old son for id as he had handled the wine bottles. I advised that he was helping to put the shopping on the conveyor. I was told i could not buy the wine. Ok i said they took it off the belt and i put a next customer at the end of the conveyor and put the wine back on only to be told in a rude manner ,you cant purchase the wine. I decided to leave my full shopping and requered to speak to the store manager. 30 minutes later a rather casual man appeared called mark he didnt even apologise and just asked me to fill in a form if i wished to complain. This is the worst service i have ever recieved i have shopped at aldi for at least 8 years and will never visit the bolton store again. The managers are not interested and at one point were having a little giggle with each other regarding my situation.hence i left the store and did my shopping elsewhere"
Aldi is rated 3.46 based on 417 reviews