Aldi Reviews

66% of reviewers recommend Aldi
Telephone

How would you rate Aldi ?

"Bad checkout rude staff First time and last time I ever go SHOCKING HORRID STAFF"
"Oh dear. Someone else who has been put through the wrath of the checkout person. You are right in all that you say. It is an utter disgrace. What gets me mostly about that particular practice of Aldi checkout staff is that they seem to think they are right!! Of course, we know that it is management who insist on them doing so. I also know someone who left their employ because her conscience would no longer allow her to stay. It is also true that LIdl do the same thing. It amazes me that people put up with it. On the very rare occasions I go to Aldi I pack at the checkout and completely ignore the evil looks and actions of the operator. Not only that but if they speed up I simply slow down. I have to say that if you had not mentioned it was the Melksham store I would have thought you were speaking about the Dover one. Folks, it as much the fault of staff as it is management. Would you treat people in that manner?"
"i have just returned from shopping at Aldi Melksham and i am appalled i would describe my experience akin to supermarket fascism i apparently didnt have my trolley positioned how the cashier wanted it and she made sure to give me the worst supermarket experience i can ever recall not content with ticking me off about it when i said i didnt see why she had such an issue she then told me i shouldnt be packing my items but pray how should i pop them in my trolley with levitation bizarre so rude and abusive i wont be visiting aldi again and i suggest you dont if you hold free will as a right in the uk"
"Pizza oven delivered damaged and now Aldi cannot organise for it to be picked up before making a refund. I have been let down twice after spending 2 days at home waiting for it to be collected. Several calls to Customer Service resulted in conversations with some very amenable staff but who seem incapable of getting any sense out of XDP (the delivery/collection service). May have to resort to small claims to get a refund."
"I recently bought an air tent from Aldi, but was very unimpressed with it. My husband lost the receipt, and we paid cash. I doubted very much that Aldi would help us, but when I rang customer services, they were amazing and the tent was refunded with no fuss at all, I was incredibly impressed."
"How dreadful, and what a shaming remark to make, that all one star reviews are made by the one person. A comment to be given the contempt it deserves. I have looked back through many reviews with one star, especially those who comment on the fact that Aldi is a store for lower paid people. In general I would say this is correct. It has nothing to do with rubbing shoulders with the lower paid. It is simply a statement of the facts, by and large. It is why people stop going to Morrisons because of their HIGH prices. It is because their money flow will not allow it, so they go to Lidl, or Aldi even. Nothing wrong with that at all. To say it is discriminatory is completely absurd. Snobbery? I will not even bother commenting on that ludicrous remark. The point of review sites is just that, to give an opinion. It may not be what some others agree with. Anyway, that is not why I am here. I mainly do not usually frequent Aldi because of, in my opinion, the poor quality of their own branded items. I am happy to concede that the branded items they have on sale, for example, DAZ, are usually cheaper than the other stores. This morning I called in to my local Aldi to look at plants and was amazed that ALL the plants outside were completely dried out and dead!! An effort had been made to water them, but alas, much too late. Then I was confronted inside by a female pulling around a huge pallet carrier full of items she was loading onto shelves. Not only that but it was totally ignoring all health and safety rules as she scuttled around from place to place getting in people's way. This was at 11:00 hrs. Shame on that particular store. In Kent. As I don't want to be labelled a useless reviewer with a grudge, I won't name it. I AGREE with all that has been said about the much too fast checkouts, and the poor elderly and others not so quick who have no sympathy from staff. I have given this review two stars because the store was, quite unusually, clean. Otherwise it would have been one."
"All the one star reviews are written by one person! Lol"
"Used to do all of our Shopping at Sainsburys but not anymore! The Food quality is just as good and costs are pretty much half. I ve also noticed from shopping with the Coop that it's the exact same stuff just different packaging."
"It amazes me how many people put negative reviews on here. Are you deluded? Don't like saving money? Think that going to Aldi means yoy have to rub shoulders with the 'low paid' (that is discrimination right there). I am not 'low paid' but like saving money, happen to think the quality is absolutely fine. The only little gripe i have is that, sometimes, items 'disappear' for a while but not for long. Get over yourselves and stop the snobbery. Aldi offers great food at great prices - there is NO denying this."
"It really is a shame that it isn't possible to leave no star reviews isn't it. Your camping experience surprises me not and it is typical of this dreadful company. Neither does it surprise me that they removed your review. They do so all the time. The best advice to offer is to stay away from them altogether, for anything. They do not care what their reputation is like because, like Lidl, they have captive shoppers in the form of the lower paid, and this will never change. I do not say this to run the lower paid down and neither am I suggesting they are in any way inferior. No, no, not at all. Disabled are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to pay at their seriously disgraceful shockingly fast checkouts and lack of a proper area at the end to pack. They do have so called "packing areas" but that simply is not good enough. It is a nasty German company and I wish it would go away when we leave the EU, but it won't. Vote with your feet and your wallets/purses and walk away."
"I bought Aldi’s Adventuridge 4 man air tent and took it to a festival last weekend. The middle air support exploded at 3am on Saturday morning and the tent collapsed with myself, husband and 11 month old daughter inside it in torrential rain. Everything inside the tent got soaked including our air bed, sleeping bag and the bag the tent came in. We were not willing to load the soaking wet and damaged tent into our car and bring it home so I took photos showing the tent, the damage and the tent collapsed in the field and threw the tent and our other wet belongings in the campsite bin. Aldi have refused to accept any responsibility for the terrifying experience we had with their tent and will not refund the cost of the tent because I was not able to bring the tent back into store. I have written a review on Aldi’s website alongside 40+ other customers’ bad reviews warning that the tent is dangerous and should be recalled but they have deleted my review and won’t publish it. This speaks volumes. Really disappointed that they treat people this way and I would urge everyone to steer clear of their camping range."
"Well there you are eh. Someone else discovers the dreadful shopping experience that is Aldi. Dodgy wine. Hmmm. no surprises there then. Lidl is of course better, but by not very much. It is true that when it comes to food the discounters simply cannot provide quality at their prices. Not for food items anyway. It really is impossible to do so. With food you get what you pay for. As someone else said on here, they are really for people on low incomes. Branded items in those stores are generally ok. Oh, and if you are disabled in any way, or happen to be disabled AND older, then stay away too. We know why don't we. gerry"
"Fed up with drink sold as wine but isn't....winking eye....a red wine based drink?????what a con.....all in small print.never again will I shop at aldi.want wine...really peeed off."
"Attempted to do a weekly shop today at Glascote store, have learnt from past experience not to go too early, as they do not have deliveries until store has been open for a number of hours. Arrived at store at around midday, there were no salad items available other than cucumber and tomatoes, barely any vegetables, and NO MILK! Hardly any bread, I had the last two Warburton loaves. I now know your shopping basket is cheaper at Aldi! It is such a pity as I am a recently converted Aldi shopper and have been impressed with the quality and value, however I now feel that the time and petrol spent having to visit two supermarkets to complete the weekly shop negates any savings made."
"Aldi will never learn, especially the store in Dover, Kent. I think the staff have been told never to water their plants. Why else would the soil they are in always be bone dry. The other day I was talking to a woman, not at the store, who was going on about this very thing in this very store. She complained about it, and was told, words to the effect of, " If you want a job you can do it." Typical sort of response to expect from this nasty little store. What if you had gone there just for plants? Tough luck I guess. What a shockingly nasty company it is. Not just because of their dry plants but also their dreadful own brand quality food stuffs. Keep well away. Yes, you are right with what you said re their bread stuffs. Ugh."
"Poor quality bread/cobs - sticky and raw! When pulled some out of the centre it basically turned back to dough in my hands within seconds! Threw them all in the bin! Disgusting and disappointing!!"
"Aldi, will you please water your plants!!!!!!!!!!"
"Went into Aldi yesterday. Same untidy store, same rushing at checkouts and same dried out plants. Oh well. No change then. I won't say which store as it seems to be getting masses of bad reviews and I am biased anyway toward it."
"You are never going to get six bottles of the best red wine for £24 no matter where you go. It certainly will not be the best. For that you need to pay huge sums. That stuff is simply for getting intoxicated cheaply. No disrespect. Aldi and M&S have come jointly 23rd in the annual wards to top operating stores for quality. No surprise there then really as both are as bad as each other aren't they, for quality anyway. The old illusion of quality for M&S still applies after all these years. It was sort of handed down within families, like voting for a particular party was, even though nobody really knew what they were voting for. Aldi isn't an illusion even. It really is bad quality, their own brand products anyway. Iceland came tops in that award. Why I do not know, but they did."
"Bought roast in bag peri roast chicken today and it was delicious. I will certainly buy it again and again"
Aldi is rated 3.60 based on 341 reviews