Aldermore Bank Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Aldermore Bank
02AM
2AM

Tell us how Aldermore Bank made you happy

"In my opinion Aldermore Invoice Finance are dishonest and underhand in their dealings. Staff turnover is high and there are constantly new people managing accounts. I would strongly advise any business to give Aldermore Invoice Finance a big miss."
Are you Aldermore Bank? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Aldermore Bank receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"We are very unhappy with the service we have received from them, we applied for a mortgage direct through them, all was good, adviser James Quigley was friendly and helpful at the beginning. Payment was taken on the 21st June for the £99 and the £370 valuation fee. After that communication was different, his manner on the phone changed and email responses were slow, days after. On the 26th June he said we where moving to far, but he had the wrong address. I called on the 28th June to be told by someone else that the application had been started but not submitted. On the 4th July James promised it would be looked at the next day, 2 weeks after we payed. On the 9th July, after pushing and trying to get things moving as we had the estate agents giving US a deadline we were told it was a no from the bank, and James said he would sort the refund of £370. I emailed on the 24th and 26th July asking where the refund was, no reply. i called on the 30th July to be told it was authorized in the 26th and to allow 5 days , would be in my bank by Thursday 2nd August. Still no refund, I emailed again on the 2nd to be told you cant find my payment so no refund has been issued?!"
"They have completely Refused to consider people who have no internet access, or are not computer literate. I was with them for 6 years plus. and was able to operate my account - linked to my current account, BY TELEPHONE. From October this facility will be with drawn, along with the facility to send cheque's to Aldermore in order to fund one's account. Many people prefer the telephone option. Some times because they are of the older generation (who often have the most to invest) Or do not trust internet banking, due to all the reports of fraud. A cost cutting move on their part, which would give credibility to reports of their current problems."
"I would have given Nought, as they do not respond to complaints, the CEO Phillip Monks does not respond to emails. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"Very dishonest. They kept my savings for 5 months and returned the fonds to me without paying any interests. When I called them they told me I could do a new investment with them. How could they even think I would ever invest any money with them? They are not professional and have stolen 5 months interests from my money. There are plenty other investment company that pay better interests and are very good. One of the best is Castle Trust."
"Applied for mortgage in principle through broker; explained very clearly to Business Development Manager about self-employment status, time trading, available accounts etc. In principle was approved with no issues. Was informed all was ok and employment status was within their lending criteria. Made full application and passed all affordability checks, LTV criteria etc. etc. Full application was OK'd by underwriters but then refused by Risk Manager who decided he wanted another years accounts or he'd lower the offered LTV from 95% to 85%. This was challenged by my broker and by Aldermores' own underwriter but the Risk Manager would not honour what had been promised all through the weeks of the application process. Making a Financial Ombudsman Service complaint about 'unfair treatment' of customer by clearly stating one self-employment criteria all through application until final minute when criteria was changed with no reason or warning. Read on other review sites that Aldermore has a reputation of issuing In Principle decisions and then reneging on them - guess I'm just another victim who's lost a house sale and purchase due to shoddy practices by this lender."
Aldermore Bank is rated 1.00 based on 6 reviews