Aldermore Bank Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Aldermore Bank

How would you rate Aldermore Bank ?

Richard Williams
Verified Reviewer
"They have completely Refused to consider people who have no internet access, or are not computer literate. I was with them for 6 years plus. and was able to operate my account - linked to my current account, BY TELEPHONE. From October this facility will be with drawn, along with the facility to send cheque's to Aldermore in order to fund one's account. Many people prefer the telephone option. Some times because they are of the older generation (who often have the most to invest) Or do not trust internet banking, due to all the reports of fraud. A cost cutting move on their part, which would give credibility to reports of their current problems."
"I would have given Nought, as they do not respond to complaints, the CEO Phillip Monks does not respond to emails. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"Very dishonest. They kept my savings for 5 months and returned the fonds to me without paying any interests. When I called them they told me I could do a new investment with them. How could they even think I would ever invest any money with them? They are not professional and have stolen 5 months interests from my money. There are plenty other investment company that pay better interests and are very good. One of the best is Castle Trust."
"Applied for mortgage in principle through broker; explained very clearly to Business Development Manager about self-employment status, time trading, available accounts etc. In principle was approved with no issues. Was informed all was ok and employment status was within their lending criteria. Made full application and passed all affordability checks, LTV criteria etc. etc. Full application was OK'd by underwriters but then refused by Risk Manager who decided he wanted another years accounts or he'd lower the offered LTV from 95% to 85%. This was challenged by my broker and by Aldermores' own underwriter but the Risk Manager would not honour what had been promised all through the weeks of the application process. Making a Financial Ombudsman Service complaint about 'unfair treatment' of customer by clearly stating one self-employment criteria all through application until final minute when criteria was changed with no reason or warning. Read on other review sites that Aldermore has a reputation of issuing In Principle decisions and then reneging on them - guess I'm just another victim who's lost a house sale and purchase due to shoddy practices by this lender."
Aldermore Bank is rated 1.00 based on 4 reviews