A Choice Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend A Choice

Tell us how A Choice made you happy

"Avoid at all costs, I've had an absolute nightmare with this company and that's an understatement to say the least! and just when you think it can't get any worse the customer service is absolutely appalling, it's not even worth the hassle to attempt to resole the issue as the staff don't even make that an option... Bank robbers!"
"It's over a month and still waiting for my deposit so disgusting"
"Absloutely awful company, Insurance was £80 per month, however as they would not change my direct debit date to after my pay day or on my pay day I ended up paying £110 per month all because they wouldn't change my payment date. disgusting robbing people!! Phones are constantly busy (probably with so many people complaining at your god awful customer service) If only I had read these reviews before getting my insurance! they then automatically renewed me and bevause I had moved address this had apparently gone up! baring in mind its the same area also in a private close with a drive. Im cancelling today after being renewed for 2 days in my cooling off period, however no doubt they will want an excessive amount of money for cancelling 2 days into my cooling off period!!! Will be reporting to financial ombudsmen. reading these reviews I am disgusted at how they get away with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Couldnt get the check code for my additional driver, they responded by removing them then adding a 600 pound premium, When i canclled it they owed me 80 pounds, after all their stupid admin fees cancellation fees i owed them 70 pounds! Never again will i deal with A-choice"
"Terrible insurance company!Unrealible,unprofessional stuff and customer service! Have had my car stolen since 10th of October this year.They hired a third party to investigate the case, that's ok. The report from them was made more then 3 weeks ago and every day I'm calling them to ask for the results the only say to me,that they need to review it and they'll call be back on the next day. And that's what I hear for the last three weeks! So far, I don't trust any single word they telling me! Absolutely unprofessional manner in dealing with a clients. Prior 1 month to my car was stolen I've paid all the premium in full,granting them 1100£.And they said to me,that if I make a claim,I can't get this money back wich is literally, fraud,in my opinion. Also,for some reason,there is a 3000£ of compulsory excess on my policy I have to pay from my pocket. This is the third insurance company I'm dealing with in the UK and it's 100% the worst one comparing to another one's,when all the issues were settled within 1 week."
"I had been with this company for a year before any issues started, up to which point I had not needed to contact them hence not realizing how incapable they are of basic customer service. I had been sent a letter stating they needed some more information before they could create a renewal quote for me, which is fair enough. I sent this document through almost immediately (1st document they didn’t deem as acceptable; anyway...) and yet despite numerous emails chasing thereafter, it still took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me, yet it was funny how quickly they called after receiving a complaint email due to this service. Not only this but it was left down to the day before my cover actually expired that they decided to respond to me, if I had not sent that complaint email I doubt I would have even got a response, lucky I was keeping track otherwise I could have been left without cover and not even realized. The general attitude of the multiple people I have spoken to in their offices are all the same - they’re not particularly interested, if it’s not a simple fix then heels get dragged and it takes forever to get anywhere with them. After my complaint had been dealt with they sent me a renewal quote of nearly £150 more than other companies on the market, and left me feeling this was simply a ploy to get me to stop contacting them and go elsewhere. Joke is on them though as I have found a much cheaper company with decent customer service. I would recommend saving your time and money by going elsewhere."
"Spoke on phone. They explained excesses , no claims etc for my 17 yr old son with a provisional licence. No telematics , competitive price. So far can not fault them"
Hi Sean,

It’s great to see that we could help you. Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review.

Customer Relations Department
"Terrible customer service, when I tried to amend the dates of my direct debits as is easy with all of my other credit agreements. They were unable to adjust this and I was charged every month. Absolutely terrible company DO NOT USE!!!"
Hi Mr Hutchinson,

Thank you for your review - I am sorry to read that you are not satisfied with the service you have received.

If you would like me to look into this further for you please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details and I will be in touch.

Customer Relations Department
"AVOID!! Complete scam of a company. Highly recommend you to avoid if you wish to save yourself a headache and money. It feels as though they keep making excuses just so they can cancel your insurance and make money from your deposit and what you’ve paid already and have no intention in insuring you. They keep gettting you to prove yourself by sending information that a normal insurance company wouldn’t need like V5, driving licence summary, previous instance motor certificate! It’s a long winded process just to take your money and cancel your insurance! Rubbish company."
Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to read that you are unsatisfied. If you would like me to look into this for you in more detail please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details and I will be in touch.

Customer Relations Department
"Disgusting insurance company !! They cancelled my policy without me knowing , they said they had sent letters but didn't receive anything ! Me and my family are taking this further and making sure they dont do this to anyone else"
Hi Holly,

Thank you for your review - I'm sorry to read that you are unsatisfied.

A cancellation is always a last resort for us. If you email me with your contact details I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Customer Relations Department
"Had insurance with a choice for 18 months never in my life will I go with these again as they’re rip offs and don’t care about they’re customers just care about the money..I payed over £2000 pounds insurance for the year In full then I decided to go else where as it was much much cheaper I phoned them to say I would like to cancel and they said it’s a £100 cancellation fee and minus everything else they said they will return £750 back to my bank account within 30 days. It’s been 45 days and still no money in my bank! They basically charged me £1300 pounds for 6 months insurance and they don’t want to return the £750.. I’m definitely ringing X-ray"
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your review - I am sorry to read that you are unsatisfied.

Customer Relations Department
"My daughter took out insurance last night at 18.00 she then found out she had already had her insurance automatically renewed with her previous company, after having to wait until 9.00am to contact you to cancel she was on the phone for over 1 hour to a premium phone number at heaven knows what cost the agent wouldn’t give his name while quoting the cancellation charges as if by some miracle the welcome pack come through with him them saying it’s all in your welcome pack, what a rip off over £100 to cancel what, you must be very highly paid, the policy hadn’t even had time to commence Dread to think what would happen if you had to get through on an emergency Stay asY from this company"
Hi Stacey,

Thank you for your review.

I'm happy that we have been able to contact you since you left your review and resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Customer Relations Department
"Stay well away from these. In the contract it states £50 to cancel but they demanded £110 from me. Even though all my payments were upto date."
Hi Mr W,

Thank you for your review - I am sorry to read that you are unsatisfied.

When a policy is purchased, it is a 12 month policy. If a policy is cancelled before the end of a 12 month term, charges are made to cover the costs of administrating the policy as per the terms and conditions that are given before the policy is purchased.

Please contact me if there is any further information you need and I will be happy to help you.

Customer Relations
"Until the present moment the experience with a (a choise) is being very much thank you very much"
Hi Washingtom,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We really appreciate your feedback.

Customer Relations Department
"HAS ANYONE CHALLENGED ACHOICE IN COURT ???? WITH MY CASE IM THINKING OF DOING THIS"
Hi Craig,

It's not clear what your issues are but we would like to help you.

Please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details and I will be in touch.

Premium Choice Ltd
"My daughter insured her car with A Choice took her money before they asked for proof of driving licence my driving licence as a named driver and proof of no claims. After providing proof of driving licences because she was on our policy for three years without no claims they would not accept this and after more than a week of them trying to decide whether or not they were going to accept it they then decided that it was void and wanted to charge an extra £600. My daughter had no choice but cancel in which they charged £50 admin and an extra £200 + for the two weeks she was insured. They are con artists DO NOT INSURE with this Company. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY EITHER WAY."
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with all aspects of the service you have received. If you would like me to look into this further for you please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details.

Premium Choice Ltd
"I initially had a lot of trouble am I myself made a mistake but the customer service team was very helpful today and worked through everything. As such please disregard my earlier review which was made in the moment when I was angry."
Hi Max,

Thank you for updating your review.

We want to give you the best service possible and make sure that you are correctly insured.

Customer Relations Department
"Appalling, inefficient services. I had provided my V5 form, along with my previous insurance documents, my purchase information from the car company and my no claims proof after being told I had to pay an additional £90+ because of their inability to input the correct car purchase date that I gave them. Taking multiple days to even reply to my emails and not removing this additional charge after I had provided the aforementioned forms they my insurance has now been cancelled. I will be pursuing a full refund of the £792.50 that I paid for this insurance which you have cancelled after I provided my V5 to prove that I purchased the car two months prior to when I am being accused of changing it to."
"Don’t ever take out insurance with them! They are awful. They falsely sell you everything. I had a claim they tried to charge me £600 excess I cancelled they charged me nearly £500 to do so! There customer service and company is horrendous. Worst company I’ve ever been with. Robbing customers and charging us ridiculous prices!"
Hi Amy,

Premium Choice Ltd
"February this year was the end of my annual insurance with Achoice. I tried ringing but the phones were always busy, so I emailed them Instead. Received an email back stating my insurance had been cancelled. Thought everything was okay, carried on as normal, only to receive threatening letters from a debt collector explaining I owe £300+ because I didn't cancel my insurance. I proved my side of things with the emails and they are still after the money, making up different excuses as the go along. Absolutely disgusting company, don't bother with them rhey are a massive scam!!! Preying on the innocent with their cheap quotes!!"
Hi Danielle,

Thank you for leaving your review - I am sorry to read that you are unsatisfied.

I have sent you an email letting you know what I can do to help.

A Choice is rated 2.34 based on 253 reviews