A Choice Reviews

37% of reviewers recommend A Choice

How would you rate A Choice ?

"The WORST insurers I’ve ever heard of. Money grabbing toss pots, the lot of them! I urge each and every person who has received neglectful, disgraceful or overall bad experience to direct their concerns to the financial ombudsman. It’s a free service that will look into your case from a Neutral perspective and is legally binding. They’re nothing but thieves. Soon reading their reviews I now know I’m not the only one they’re doing this to. To have 17/20 reviews rated as 1* is embarrassing. The management teams should be ashamed of how much of a dismal company they’re running, this lot couldn’t manage a dog on a lead! Unfair terms, denying rights... you name it they’ll try it. Trust. Waste of time and money, especially as they try and grab it all. Appalled to say the least... see you in court, pigs."
"I wouldnt even rate them the one star this is the worst insurance company by far they are blaming us for an accident wich we wasnt even involved in and weve even shown proof and they wont be your insurers there just a third party trying to make money scamming a holes"
"A choice is rip off company. Never ever use them and avoid in any cost"
"As poor as it can get. I never managed to get hold of no one on the phone. They didn't even send me the welcome pack only after 3 months of being insured, despite me chasing them via email several times, only to find that they are not actually my insurers it was another company with just as bad reviews. I just sold my car and I am now on hold with them for more than an hour to inform them that. Even if I would have been involved in an accident I wouldn't knew what to do with this insurer. From the bottom of my heart! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"really good prices with low excess charges"
"One of the worst insurance companies ever used. VERY POOR, they’re rude, they don’t care about you. *Don’t use A-Choice ever*"
"Terrible company. They need to redesign they're customer service model and team. Not friendly, passive aggressive and seem to hate new/1st time drivers. I would definitely not recommend."
"They take forever to answer the phone, I will never be using them again. Waste of time and money, no matter which number you call them on, its totally ridiculous, especially if your on a break at work"
"Fantastic Service, I am a provisional driver and I was nervous about phoning for the first time to get insurance on my car, but the gentleman who I spoke with was very good! He explained everything very clearly and did not make me feel pressured at all! I was very comfortable while talking to these people, will definitely look at them in the future after a great service! Brandon"
"Do not use this company!! Communication is non-existent, rude staff, asking for the ridiculous paper and just all round useless. I wont bore you with my story but just know that there is a reason why these look so cheap and thats because of the countless hidden fees they never mention."
"The most disgraceful and pseudo insurance company in existence. Excercise utmost caution. They scammed me. Paid in full through confused.com to insure my car for the year for £798. Supplied all my documents such as: proof of no claims, driving lincense, driver summary. However they claimed (by design) that my was information insufficient (which it wasn't) and stalled on 'telling me this', until 7 days before a cancellation of my policy was put in effect. Out of the £798 I had paid less than 40 days ago, they deducted a 'cancellation fee' at £50 and 'commission' £84 and to insure me for a month. I only received £498 back, this is theft! A cowboy brokarage company and in the process of instructing my lawyers to take them to court. Commission and a forced cancellation fee for what? diabolical service. If you're wise. Find a reputable insurance company and pay a little bit extra as opposed to dealing with this utterly disgraceful so called insurer."
"Just an Awful company. Upon taking out insurance I sent all the correct document and signed the contract. But for months I was told I had not. Which resulted in penalty fees. Then one day after sending in information so many times, and even one man on the phone stating he had received it I got a cancellation letter through the next week. DO NOT GO WITH A CHOICE."
"A Choice car insurance is a complete joke. Customer service is appalling, and in the end it just seems they have every intention to take as much money from you as possible and find anyway possible to cancel your insurance. I continually sent them information needed but they refused to admit they had it. Which resulted in a cash fine. Then months later they cancel my insurance. This whole company seems to be set up to rob first time drivers. Would obviously recommend avoiding."
"Scammed me. Randomly was phoned one day by the company; with them stating they can no longer insure my car. I was given a 7 Day cancellation letter. Then weeks later I am sent a debt letter claiming I owe over £140+ in cancellation fees. When questioned they state that this is a part of the contract, and when I say this is unfair and I will not pay I am then passed on to a debt collector... Do not go with this company, if I can even call it that, this is very literally a scam."
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with all aspects of the service you have received. If you would like me to look into this further for you please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details.

Customer Relations Department
"Son in armed forces was home for a break and insured car. When he had left, they requested documentation that I couldn’t provide as it was with him in the Falklands. They wouldn’t wait, cancelled hisnpolocy and then charged HIM for the privilege of them cancelling it! Disgracc totally AVOID"

Customer Relations Department
"Sent paper work they asked for 3 times each time showing I’d sent it. Very rude to me and my daughter. they cancelled insurance after paying another instalment,, was told they would refund ur, now they are trying to charge us more money but won’t say what for. Very rude con artists"
Hi Millar,

Thank you for your review. I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. If you would like me to do this, please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details.

Customer Relations Department
"Scammed me. Cancelled my insurance because I stated I was moving cities, before actually moving. Then hits me with a lot of admin fees for them preemptively cancelling my insurance. And has practically bullied me into paying them since. I would 100% not recommenced this pseudo insurance company. Pay a little bit extra and go with a real company to avoid being scammed."
Hi Zach,

Customer Relations Department
"I've been insured with A-choice for a month and have had a pleasant experience. I had troubles making the payment, due to my own personal circumstances. They offered me a 50/50 payment option which really helped me out. The guy I was speaking with on the phone was very friendly and helpful. They request your driving license details, but that's standard for most providers. I had lost my driving license and been having trouble getting a new one. A-choice very quickly extended my deadline and were very understanding of my issues. I'm not sure what all the one-star reviews are about as I've had nothing but a positive experience so far. Not to mention their extremely competitive premiums."
Hi Louise,

Thank you for letting us know you are happy with our insurance product and our service. It's great to read such a thoughtful review.

If there is anything further that you need any help with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Customer Relations Department
"So I am military and I was in the Falklands and my Insurance got cancelled with another company because I couldn’t send my driving licence to them. So I get back and insure my car with these idiots! I pay my deposit of £300 and then five days later cancel it and all I get told is because the old company cancelled it. The WORST insurance company I have ever been with as I have to pay the cancellation fee when I don’t even want it to be cancelled money robbers AVOID"

Customer Relations Department
"The company is actually a broker (But parades as an insurer on the comparison websites) Every time I call to change an address or a car, they hit you with a £45 admin fee (Free with other insurers) . That is if you are patient enough to stay on the line for 30 minutes + untill someone answers you. And to top it off, these brokers cant lift a finger even to check your licence. You have to download your licence summary/history from DVLa and submit to them (Every other insurer does it themselves) And to top it off, when you submit the summary using their recommended link, it never reaches them. end result you get letters threathening to cancel your insurance and you are back on the phone wasting valuable time trying to sort it out. Avoid at all costs!"
Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you haven't had the best experience with us and I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. If you would like me to do this, please email me using feedback@a-choice.co.uk with your contact details.

A Choice is rated 2.50 based on 205 reviews