acclaimdriving Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend acclaimdriving
2PM
2PM

Tell us how acclaimdriving made you happy

"This company is awful. I paid for the 10 hour bundle but did 7 hours or less. The instructor I got put with arrived 10 minutes late for every lesson and was very aggressive and unhelpful every time I made a mistake. On one instance I asked him if I was able to reschedule a lesson, I was told it would be fine and I wouldn't get charged, 3 days later £40 of credit is gone from my account. I tried to appeal to acclaim even presenting evidence (a screenshot of the texts saying I won't be charged) and was told I would not be able to get my money back. My final lesson with my instructor I hit the curb with his car trying to park and he becomes aggressive again by the end of the ordeal I was told "if I wasn't your instructor I would have put hands on you by now". The lesson ended earlier than the 2 hour session promised (and charged). when I tried appealing for a refund I was told its not possible as the instructor reported the lesson ended due to unsafe driving conditions inside the car. Overall I am very upset with my experience, and I would not recommend this company to any new or inexperienced drivers."
Are you acclaimdriving? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Acclaim Driving are a joke. They booked a course of lessons for my wife. Theere was supposed to be one lesson every few days for 2 weeks. 5 lessons of 2 hours each. We waited a month for these dates but it all seemed very professional and friendly. The driver who turned up is self employed. He knew nothing of the dates my wife had booked and told her, after the lesson had started that he was unable to do any of them except that one. He could do one in 2 weeks and another one a month after that. After the lesson we tried to contact them. My wife was furious and wanted to demand a full refund straight away. I said to calm down and we wrote an email asking what they could do. They got back to us and offered some more dates in a months time. We said no thanks and after a bit of backwards and forwards we eventually we were promised a full refund. I didn't think to get that in writing as they offered it quite readily. I even asked if it would be a full refund and after putting me on hold the lady said "yes, a full refund. We won't charge you for the lesson you had." I replied that that seemed fair as we would not have had that lesson if we had been told before hand that none of the proceeding dates would be met. A week later my wife checked her bank account and only some of the money had been refunded. We called them up and a lady called Sue said, yes, we have sent the money back. I said that we had been promised a full refund. She then said that they would never do that and that anyway, they were doing us a favour not to charge us a cancellation fee. Also she said that the driver did not work for Acclaim but was a self employed driving instructor. I said that we did not book with him but with Acclaim. The phone was then handed to Steven Turnbull. Very quickly he began using legal terms such as 'vicarious liability' and saying we should have read the small print and that any contract we had was with the self employed driver and not with Acclaim. He refused to give us the full refund as he said that he could not have known about the problem before it happened. Why are they making bookings which their 'self employed driving instructors' cannot do? Our main problem is that we booked with Acclaim for an intensive 5 lessons. We did receive one but would not have done so if we had been told that instead of finishing all 10 hours in a 2 week period, we would instead get one lesson, then another 2 weeks after that, then another a month after that and then would have to see how it goes to get any more. These people are a joke. Give them a wide berth."
acclaimdriving is rated 1.00 based on 3 reviews