Academy Of Freelance Makeup Reviews

+442074344488

info@aofmakeup.com

63 Dean Street Soho

More Photos & Videos
I did the Total pro creative specialist course with AOFM, it is a go to academy for everthing you need in the make up, fashion, and beauty industry.. i was being taught by the working industry bests, who will teach every area of the business, including good time keeping. All products used at the Aofm are all high end produdts, eg Charlotte Tilbury, Marc Jacobs, Mac, Nars and lots of others. Aofm does what it promises, as i assised back stage at the milan fashion week, New York Fashion week, master classes with Aofm and Charlotte Tilbury how exciting!!! And it goes on.. I'm really pleased to be part of the Aofm pro team as working back stage gives me both confidence and and more learning experience. Highly recomended, go and have a fantastic learning experience with unlimited after care ..AOFM actually keep there promise. Thanks to the fantastic Aofm team !!!
My experience with AOFM has been extremely positive, especially the interaction with the Makeup Artists during the course, I found them all to be exceptionally creative, compassionate and patient. The Masterclasses I have attended have been insightful and beneficial through learning about new products/techniques and receiving Pro discount. All of the assisting opportunities have fuelled my passion for this industry and have enabled me to work on incredible fashion and beauty events, assisting highly regarded and talented Makeup Artist which I would have otherwise never had the opportunity to work with. Whenever I am available I still love to attend the Masterclasses and assist the amazing Makeup Artists for London Fashion Week. I genuinely wish I had done this course years ago!!!
Having always had a love for all things makeup but never working in a field remotely close to this, I decided after much thought (and reaching the milestone age of 30) that I had to take the plunge, change my career and take the first step towards achieving my dream job! I researched many courses and none stood out as highly regarded as AOFM. I booked on to the Total Pro Creative Specialist 4 week course in November 2015 and it has proved to be the best thing I have ever done! I have learnt so much and gained so much knowledge and experience of the Makeup industry through AOFM both during my course and after. All the tutors on the course were very well established in their field and it was a privilege to have had the opportunity to learn from them. Each tutor had their own expertise, experience and unique style and so provided such a wealth of knowledge and advice which proves invaluable when you are taking the first steps in your career as a Makeup Artist. My particular favourite was the Avant Garde training, where we were encouraged to be really creative with makeup and try so many things I had never done before and I was amazed with the results we all achieved, particularly after starting the course only a week earlier as a complete beginner!

Since completing my course at AOFM in December 2015, I have had the privilege of working on several shows at London Fashion Week in February 2016, including the prestigious Paul Costelloe show. This was an experience of a lifetime and I learnt so much! The school keeps in regular contact with students regarding many fantastic opportunities and I look forward to being involved with many more in the future. AOFM also offers amazing free Master Classes, where you get a great deal of information on the latest looks and product knowledge, usually hosted by a professional with a great deal of high level experience within the industry. You also get exclusive discounts and offers on products which is great when you are building your kit. The most recent masterclass I attended for Charlotte Tilbury also gave me the opportunity to provide my CV to Charlotte Tilbury Management for consideration for any up-coming roles they had. The masterclasses are also a great opportunity to catch up with your old class mates and the AOFM team.

If you are thinking of becoming a Professional Makeup Artist I can highly recommend this course, as there are no other schools that offer the training and opportunities offered by AOFM. I would like to thank the AOFM Team as a whole as they all contributed to what was an amazing experience for me and one that has given me so much knowledge about the Makeup industry. It has allowed me to follow my aspirations and feel confident in establishing my dream career as a Professional Makeup Artist!
I attended the combined certificate program in NYC last summer and it was the best decision I have ever made! The classroom setting was amazing- with wonderful brands like Chanel,Mac, makeup forever, Marc Jacobs, shu uemura to name a few. It was so nice to have different teachers who had their own special artistry and were willing to share their knowledge and guide us althrougout. We also got to meet Jana Ririnui, who is the founder of AOFM. He spent some time with us althrougout the course and where he got to share his creative input with the students. I can never say enough good things about the course. I have been fortunate to join the aofm team for New York fashion week. I had such an amazing experience and I would encourage everyone who want to pursue their dreams of becoming a make up artist.
" For me, Make-Up meant a complete career change as I studied Law before, but I wanted to follow my dream and start a new path as a make-up artist. I wanted to choose one the best schools in the industry and as I did a lot of research, I finally found AOFM.

After completing the Professional Hair and Make up course and taking part in various masterclasses such as Bobbi Brown, MAC, Dermalogica and Smashbox, Lancome, amazing opportunity offered by AOFM, I managed to open my own make-up salon back home in Romania. In the meantime I had the chance to work alongside great and talented people and made very good friends while attending the fashion shows as part of the AOFM team in London, Paris, Milan and New York.

I will gladly recommend the Academy for anyone interested in building up a career in make-up. I felt inspired by the wonderful team of teachers, all of them renowned make-up professionals, the stimulating environment, and above all, the unique approach of creating opportunities for their graduates after the course. I worked with the best make-up artists team from Aofm at LFW, Milan Mens Collection and Milan Women, Bath in Fashion, Fashion Finest, New York Fashion week etc.
Therefore, I highly recommend AOFM as an academy that combines all ingredients to a successful career in the make-up industry.
I Studied Total Pro Creative Course with AOFM London. I have to say that I made the right decision coming from Copenhagen to London to study makeup, which was not easy financially speaking, but quite rewarding in terms of experience. AOFM opened a huge door for me, not only in terms of my acquired experience from the amazing AOFM staff, but as well, it opened a door for a continuous learning opportunities through their Master classes that it freely offers, as well as giving me opportunities to collaborate backstage at fashion weeks. This is the big difference between AOFM and other academies that I've attended in Copenhagen, Barcelona and Las Vegas. Obviously, I'm not expecting AOFM to provide me a job, but at least AOFM is constantly encouraging me, as well as other ex-students to build our Portfolio for potential jobs.
The course that I took in NYC with AOFM was such an amazing hands on learning experience. I loved getting taught by different Freelance Makeup Artists everyday and hearing about their experience and work in the industry. I have learned so many helpful tips from foundation application to tips for starting out as a freelancer. The photoshoot was one of my favorite experiences and I loved how professional it was. Getting to work backstage at Fashion Week is such an exciting learning opportunity that most people wait years to get to experience. I would recommend AOFM to anybody who wants to learn about makeup, whether you are just a beginner or if you already have experience!
I loved every single day of the course and now after almost three years after finishing the course I can say the aftercare program that they have is the best as it gives you the chance to work backstage side by side with the best makeup artist such as Michelle Webb and the best high end brands.Best makeup school.
Before I joined AOFM I just have basic skill of makeup and it changed a lot after I graduated from AOFM. I got a lot experience from the assisting opportunities that I've joined. It's like a dream after graduated I could joined asissting for the London Fashion Week. There's nothing like any other makeup school who give the students with big opportunities after graduated. So many makeup brands that I could used to practice and really help me for choosing a good brand and products for my kit. All the teacher were really patience and helpful with the steps to perfecting each look that I should achieve. Totally the choosen one for best makeup school to learn makeup artistry and the opportunity after graduate.
they're the best school in the world! For their professionality and support ! Had the honor to work for them at the fashion weeks ! Thank you very much AOFM best team and school ever !!!!
I attended the Foundation Course at the academy which was a fantastic experience. It's an intensive course but it needs to be because there is so much to cover. There is a good balance of demo's and practising each day and the teachers were extremely good. Would definitely recommend the academy to a friend.
I attended AOFM in September 2013 doing the five week intensive course which covered make up, hair styling, nails, airbrushing and and an introduction into SFX. There are two things that set AOFM apart from all the other make up artistry schools out there. The first is that this school is tailored to people hoping to make it in the industry as a freelancer. Everyday you are greeted with a different tutor who is working freelance. Having such a variety of different tutors that are all extremely successful gives you such a depth of knowledge. The second is the aftercare given by the school. It is next to none and cannot be beaten, although, you only get what you are willing to work for. Just like in the real world of work, you have to have the right attitude and determination to go far. If you think you have the drive and passion for make up artistry, AOFM is the right school for you!
If you want to become a make up artist this is a great place to start your career. You are trained by some of the best currently working in the industry and the aftercare and support you receive is incredible. I would recommend the school to anyone wanting to work in makeup.
Make up was just a little part of my life after an internal deep search I decided to take my love for beauty and color into higher level, in the best make up school possible.
AOFM gave me the knowledge and tools to take my skills up to the higher level in the industry. The combination of passion and creativity I acquired by the teachers and opportunities given by AOFM took me to create in me a bigger and more eager searcher for what I call the love of my life “Make Up”.
I had worked big editorials and fashion shows all over America and recently I was booked to be the Make up Designer and Director for the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week San Jose in Costa Rica.
I have to say that the teachers, the love and creativity for what they do is a big inspiration, as well as the love and care AOFM give the students by knowledge and opportunities all over.
My love to make up is now where it belongs thanks to the guide and teaching I received by AOFM.

Thank you AOFM all the way from Costa Rica.

Hugo Gamboa
I studied a Makeup course in Spain but It wanted to specialize and have an international certificate. I searched for a while and I found AOFM.

This academy is awesome. The Total PRO course, the one I did, is amazing and very complete.

Teachers are known pros, they taught us everything they knew, gave us some tips and used the best makeup brands in the market.

When you get your certificate you have a gorgeous aftercare with lots of jobs for applying. I worked at London Fashion Week!

So I recommend to all of you guys, don´t doubt and book your seat at AOFM!

Ainhoa xx

So I recommend to all of you guys, don´t doubt and book your seat at AOFM!

Ainhoa xx
The training I received at AOFM was outstanding.I took the 'Complete Artistic Pro' Course and graduated at the end of February 2014. I have already been able to put so much of what I learnt into practice in the makeup industry upon the courses completion. AOFM offers so much, for example I was taught by a different tutor everyday, all of whom are currently working in industry. I found everyone who taught at the Academy to be relevant and exciting, with their own unique and dynamic style of teaching. They strongly encourage individual thinking and creativity, and it never felt as if I was just merely being shown something and told to copy. I was constantly being pushed and challenged by my tutors in the most inspiring and satisfying way. The products used in the classroom were all high end, and practical work would take place each day for most of the day, giving me a chance to be creative and experiment with a wide range of brands. The course also included a week in Special FX, taught by Michelle Webb who is an exceptional teacher and has first hand experience in the film and fashion industry. Each day on the course was new, interesting and exciting with plenty of individual attention given. Michelle taught me skills that I didn't imagine would be possible to acquire within just one week.

I would strongly advise those wanting to go to AOFM to do the complete 5 week course because it covers all areas of the industry. Makeup is a fast moving and ever evolving industry, where you never know what might be thrown at you, and this course is great preparation for a life working in this field.

The aftercare and guidance I have received from AOFM has been more than I could have ever imagined and I have been given lots of opportunities since completing my course.
For example I've have had the privilege of working at London, Milan and Bath Fashion Weeks. As well as this I have assisted established makeup artists on editorial shoots, working with some truly incredible people. Recently Jana Ririnui, the head of education at AOFM, gave me the opportunity to be the key make up artist at the Middlesex Graduate Fashion show. This experience showed me and taught me ways to run a team and collaborate with stylists and create a look together. Chances like these are invaluable and I am forever grateful.

AOFM runs fantastic free master classes. So far I have been lucky enough to attend MAC, Dermalogica, Benefit, Vogue and Charlotte Tilbury's master classes - all of them were very informative and helpful. Each of these events began with a lovely champagne reception allowing for the opportunity to network with other makeup artists whilst eating delicious canapés .I am very much looking forward to the next one!

The tutors have all been very welcoming and are obviously extremely talented. I feel privileged to have been educated and guided by them. I am so grateful to Jana, Jason [heads of AOFM] and Zana Moses [studio manager/make-up artist] for all their faith in me and devotion to their students, and for delivering everything that was promised to me and more. My experience at AOFM has been a blessing and one that I will never forget, I would highly recommend their courses to any aspiring artists out there!!!!
I graduated AOFM make up school in December 2013 .I visited many make-up schools before I chose AOFM academy. And I made the right choice that’s just the best make-up school in London. I was so fascinated by all professional make-up artists who were there. So friendly and so passionate by their work and try to teach you the best methods and tricks. After you graduate you have aftercare program which is so good start for your first experience and to see how make up industry works. Moreover I fund good friends there as well. Therefore the ambiance was excellent I personally felt good coming in to the school and enjoyed my time there. Thank you AOFM team for this amazing experience!! Rima xx
I have done 4 different courses at AOFM and have loved every single one. I decided to do one course at a time over the course of a year to fit in with work and other commitments, but if you have the time you can do 5 weeks at once.

The teachers are brilliant, and really help you get an insight into the industry, and the facilities and location of the academy are perfect.

The academy has every brand of make-up you can think of to play with and use in the lessons, which is great as you will never get the opportunity to sample so many products!

I also highly recommend the airbrush course, which is only 3 days, but by the end of it you will feel confident in being able to use an airbrush and have a real understanding of what it can be used for.

Since graduating (for the 3rd time!), I have worked with AOFM on LCM and London fashion week for 2 seasons, and I regularly attend their free make-up masterclasses held at the academy.

I always recommend AOFM when people ask me where I trained, and will always compliment the academy for helping me further in my career as a make-up artist
I completed the advanced makeup and hair course at AOFM in London, and it was the best thing I have ever done! The course was fantastic, I learnt so much from the fantastic tutors and made so many new friends! One of he best things I got from AOFM was the belief that I could go out there and make it as a makeup artist. The tutors give you so much great advice and really give you e confidence to go and do it. Also, the after care from AOFM is the best I have seen from any courses. I have been to master classes and am looking forward to fashion week trials. Since graduating I have been testing and also have some weddings coming up. AOFM has really given me the skills and confidence to get out there and do something that I love. I definitely recommend them!
Academy Of Freelance Makeup is rated 4.93 based on 107 reviews