academy class Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend academy class

About academy class: Academy Class is a training provider for creatives and developers in the UK. With classrooms in London, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow, private bespoke training at your premises, virtual live-online learning and video on demand, you decide on how you prefer to learn.

How would you rate academy class?

Natasha Jade
Verified Buyer
"The teacher Tony Goodman was amazing! One of the best teachers I have ever had."
"There is no material to look/refer to, all is hands on, no time to write down, trainer explained only once and moved on. Need to keep asking. No explanation how he will conduct the training. Had it been a book or hand out, even when the trainer only showed it once, we would be able to do the exercise after watching how it was done. Now we had to quickly watch, write and do exercise on the computer at the same time which is impossible. Trainer was economical with sharing knowledge. Joined the 5 days course, I only bring back probably 10%."
"The course was very good generally, the teacher was very knowledgeable and was able to explain complex concepts from different angles so that we would understand. I have to add a few sore points too though. The setup of the class was less than ideal, as the three of us were following the teacher on one screen and it was very difficult for those sitting at the sides to read and copy what the teacher was showing on the screen. The facilities were a bit inconvenient too, the heating was very high so we had to keep the window open which meant that noises would severely disrupt the lesson. Also the only female bathroom was very far away which meant having to take long breaks to reach the other end of the building."
"Training provided was of a high standard."
"Highly intense and recommended. The assumptions of basic elements could be ratified. Overall a very good transition into a world I knew nothing about and enlightening."
"The course provided a good overview of After Effects as a whole with a decent foundation of practical knowledge for the individual to go off and build upon through their own time and practice. Ian, our teacher, was great and knew his stuff. Given that however there were a few issues. Whilst liaising with the sales team I asked on several occasions about the software and computer situation and was told we would be on Macs. On arrival we realized we were working on PCs which was less than ideal – especially because I made a point of asking on several occasions so this very irritating. The biggest problem was the lack of handouts. With such a complex piece of software with so many intricate parts it's extremely hard as a beginner to keep up and take notes at the same time. I myself am a Graphic Designer and work proficiently across much of the adobe suite and I found it hard to remember where everything was and what it did. Some handouts or summary of the days lesson would of helped greatly – even if only to have something to read through end of day to refresh the mind and keep on file. There doesn't seem to be much communication amongst the sales team either as I had a phone call 2 weeks after the course asking should I not be in the london class that week. So in conclusion, an ok course and an ok basis for building upon but definitely some fundamental flaws and less than good organisation."
"I had never used AutoCAD before and the classes got me through the exam first time. Very good introduction to what was a daunting challenge for me."
"The two day Premiere Pro Yellow Belt class gave me exactly the knowledge I needed. The tutor, Dom, had excellent knowledge of the product, and paced the class really well for all the attendees."
"The trainer was very good at explaining an overview of the course and the class moved at a good pace. Marks understanding of printing helped a great deal in understanding inDesign"
"They had professional tutors and the course was very fexible."
""My tutor was open to helping with me any questions I had, even if I didn't email them in advance.""
"Lovely teacher"
"The course was very good and detailed by an excellent course tutor"
"InDesign - Yellow Belt I found the course very helpful as I am a complete beginner with this package. The pace of the course is quite quick, and I wasn't sure how much I had taken on board. However, back in the office I realised that I had learnt a lot! I do need to practice what I've learnt everyday but am very pleased with my progress. It would be helpful if there were course notes to take away from the training."
"The instructor, Domenico, was very knowledgeable and highly skilled at C4D, and patient with the class."
"Academy Class made very happy by made possible to me learning how to use a top software like Revit Architecture. I really feel very comfortable with the program now."
"Great course, instructor informative and helpful."
"I booked my Unity Certification with Academy Class and experienced nothing but problems with them. First the exam was cancelled the day before the originally scheduled date because they apparently have only one IT person who can set up a laptop and he was going to be out of the office for a couple of weeks. When I arrived I then had to wait for over half and hour because they had decided to book another student into the same room as me, for a different test that was due to start 20 minutes into mine. This was some pretty poor planning on their part. However, that other student never actually arrives, so I was left waiting for nothing. Then, when it came to setting up the exam, they didn't have all the required files from Unity, so I again had to wait for that to be resolved. I tried contacting them on several occassions via email and live chat and they were incredibly slow to respond. Many times I was promised a call or email response but never received anything. I asked for compensation for the myriad of problems that I experienced (not just the ones listed here) and was offered 20% off any future courses. I was then recommended a handful of courses that averagely cost around £1,200! I can safely say that I will never be returning to Academy Class and for anyone else taking the Unity Certified exam I'd strongly recommend going literally anywhere else (or even better, just waiting for Unite)."
"We were expecting more advanced lecture - what we learn was pretty much everything you can already see on google academy's tutorial video. If you are completely beginner, it could be interesting to take this class."
"The tutor (Dom) was very approachable and patient. No question was too much to ask. The size of the class was just about right as well."
academy class is rated 4.73 based on 278 reviews