academy class Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend academy class

About academy class: Academy Class is a training provider for creatives and developers in the UK. With classrooms in London, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow, private bespoke training at your premises, virtual live-online learning and video on demand, you decide on how you prefer to learn.

academyclassmail@gmail.com

Tell us how academy class made you happy

"I started my zero to hero 3D S Max course and the first 3 days went well. The instructor was brilliant and thoroughly knew his stuff. However we were told during the week he was unable to be in on Friday and that we were not getting a cover. So 5 days was crammed into 3.5 day. Thursday was a half day as we had questions at the end and info about the test we were going to take on Friday. Safe to say myself and class mates were grossly under prepared. We were also told that the test would be 2 hours and for the rest of the day to “refer to pdf books if we get stuck”. Beyond unhelpful. Once Friday came we started our test only to find that we had one chance and that the system Autodesk and AC class used did not work well together and therefore had soooo many problems! One of the admin guys came down to help and he said that “the pass rate was very low as the system is confusing and unreliable”. Great!! Turns out we had 75 mins for the test. I couldn’t get past question 2 before my computer stopped working. So that was me done. My other 2 class mates couldn’t answer majority of the questions as we didn’t cover them and has major glitches on their test which brought them to the end of their time limit and weren’t able to finish the test. Therefore failed. To sum up not only did we lose an entire day of tutoring that we were meant to have but also were unable and in equipped to take the test. I did not come out with what I expected to have learn in the course which was the most upsetting part. Especially when you ask numerous times. This is a lot of money for someone who is paying them selves. I have taken it further and 3 weeks later I am still waiting. Hugely disappointing after such a great start. I would like to be clear that despite my very bad experience towards the end. This has nothing to do with our teacher as he was very good and this was out of his control."
"Course was cancelled and no one bothered to notify me. Arrived at Academy Class and didn’t even receive an apology. It’s been over three weeks and after many ignored calls and unanswered emails - I’m yet to receive a refund. Terrible customer service and communications. Avoid this company like the plague! Exceptionally unprofessional!"
Dear customer (request to be anonymous respected)

Firstly, we apologise sincerely to you and we do hope that the refund and the offer of free training will be accepted as appropriate compensation.

You were scheduled for training in the 1st week in our new office premises and not unexpectedly, we experienced some service disruptions during the move.

You were the only one on this course so we suggested to run it as a virtual course, rather than cancelling.

Unfortunately due to the move you were no longer able to join the session from our office and you were meant to connect from your home/office. Our sales team did not communicate this to you and neither did you receive the email with our new office address.

You did turn up at our old site to begin the training and were understandably very disappointed to find out that we have moved and that your training could not occur. The Academy Class General Manager has spoken to you and you have agreed to a full refund for the training. That's great! Further to that, as a compensation for missing 2 days off work, we also offered you the next session free of charge or the option of choosing a different training course.

The refund was requested but the funds were not transferred – unfortunately when you called the General Manager, he was on leave and you was told that you should wait for his return. The General Manager has chased the refund and it was done this week.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience.

The Academy Class Team
"UX jumpstart course was a awfully bad experience!!! I've never been treated this disgraceful! Some training slides are in Lithuanian and no translation in english! The teacher doesn't understand simple questions (I guess language barrier), she also couldn't explain for example the difference between a Mockup and a Sketch (didn't know the word Mockup!) - and she called herself an expert in UX! She also pickes on a students during the class, in front of everyone - DISGRACEFUL! It's a shame a person like her is able to teach UX Design! Stay away from this course at any chance! I will also report her behaviour to the BSC!"
"The teacher Tony Goodman was amazing! One of the best teachers I have ever had."
"There is no material to look/refer to, all is hands on, no time to write down, trainer explained only once and moved on. Need to keep asking. No explanation how he will conduct the training. Had it been a book or hand out, even when the trainer only showed it once, we would be able to do the exercise after watching how it was done. Now we had to quickly watch, write and do exercise on the computer at the same time which is impossible. Trainer was economical with sharing knowledge. Joined the 5 days course, I only bring back probably 10%."
"The course was very good generally, the teacher was very knowledgeable and was able to explain complex concepts from different angles so that we would understand. I have to add a few sore points too though. The setup of the class was less than ideal, as the three of us were following the teacher on one screen and it was very difficult for those sitting at the sides to read and copy what the teacher was showing on the screen. The facilities were a bit inconvenient too, the heating was very high so we had to keep the window open which meant that noises would severely disrupt the lesson. Also the only female bathroom was very far away which meant having to take long breaks to reach the other end of the building."
"Training provided was of a high standard."
"Highly intense and recommended. The assumptions of basic elements could be ratified. Overall a very good transition into a world I knew nothing about and enlightening."
"The course provided a good overview of After Effects as a whole with a decent foundation of practical knowledge for the individual to go off and build upon through their own time and practice. Ian, our teacher, was great and knew his stuff. Given that however there were a few issues. Whilst liaising with the sales team I asked on several occasions about the software and computer situation and was told we would be on Macs. On arrival we realized we were working on PCs which was less than ideal – especially because I made a point of asking on several occasions so this very irritating. The biggest problem was the lack of handouts. With such a complex piece of software with so many intricate parts it's extremely hard as a beginner to keep up and take notes at the same time. I myself am a Graphic Designer and work proficiently across much of the adobe suite and I found it hard to remember where everything was and what it did. Some handouts or summary of the days lesson would of helped greatly – even if only to have something to read through end of day to refresh the mind and keep on file. There doesn't seem to be much communication amongst the sales team either as I had a phone call 2 weeks after the course asking should I not be in the london class that week. So in conclusion, an ok course and an ok basis for building upon but definitely some fundamental flaws and less than good organisation."
"I had never used AutoCAD before and the classes got me through the exam first time. Very good introduction to what was a daunting challenge for me."
"The two day Premiere Pro Yellow Belt class gave me exactly the knowledge I needed. The tutor, Dom, had excellent knowledge of the product, and paced the class really well for all the attendees."
"The trainer was very good at explaining an overview of the course and the class moved at a good pace. Marks understanding of printing helped a great deal in understanding inDesign"
"They had professional tutors and the course was very fexible."
""My tutor was open to helping with me any questions I had, even if I didn't email them in advance.""
"Lovely teacher"
"The course was very good and detailed by an excellent course tutor"
"InDesign - Yellow Belt I found the course very helpful as I am a complete beginner with this package. The pace of the course is quite quick, and I wasn't sure how much I had taken on board. However, back in the office I realised that I had learnt a lot! I do need to practice what I've learnt everyday but am very pleased with my progress. It would be helpful if there were course notes to take away from the training."
"The instructor, Domenico, was very knowledgeable and highly skilled at C4D, and patient with the class."
"Academy Class made very happy by made possible to me learning how to use a top software like Revit Architecture. I really feel very comfortable with the program now."
"Great course, instructor informative and helpful."
academy class is rated 4.70 based on 281 reviews