academy class Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend academy class

About academy class: Academy Class is a training provider for creatives and developers in the UK. With classrooms in London, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow, private bespoke training at your premises, virtual live-online learning and video on demand, you decide on how you prefer to learn.

How would you rate academy class?

Harry
Verified Buyer

I had never used AutoCAD before and the classes got me through the exam first time. Very good introduction to what was a daunting challenge for me.
Alison
Verified Buyer

The two day Premiere Pro Yellow Belt class gave me exactly the knowledge I needed. The tutor, Dom, had excellent knowledge of the product, and paced the class really well for all the attendees.
Shahed
Verified Buyer

The trainer was very good at explaining an overview of the course and the class moved at a good pace. Marks understanding of printing helped a great deal in understanding inDesign
Unverified Reviewer

They had professional tutors and the course was very fexible.
Verified Buyer

"My tutor was open to helping with me any questions I had, even if I didn't email them in advance."

Lovely teacher
Chris
Verified Buyer

The course was very good and detailed by an excellent course tutor
Margaret

InDesign - Yellow Belt
I found the course very helpful as I am a complete beginner with this package. The pace of the course is quite quick, and I wasn't sure how much I had taken on board. However, back in the office I realised that I had learnt a lot! I do need to practice what I've learnt everyday but am very pleased with my progress.

It would be helpful if there were course notes to take away from the training.
John
Verified Buyer

The instructor, Domenico, was very knowledgeable and highly skilled at C4D, and patient with the class.
Filipe
Verified Buyer

Academy Class made very happy by made possible to me learning how to use a top software like Revit Architecture. I really feel very comfortable with the program now.
Susan
Verified Buyer

Great course, instructor informative and helpful.
Gary
Verified Reviewer

I booked my Unity Certification with Academy Class and experienced nothing but problems with them.

First the exam was cancelled the day before the originally scheduled date because they apparently have only one IT person who can set up a laptop and he was going to be out of the office for a couple of weeks.

When I arrived I then had to wait for over half and hour because they had decided to book another student into the same room as me, for a different test that was due to start 20 minutes into mine. This was some pretty poor planning on their part.
However, that other student never actually arrives, so I was left waiting for nothing.

Then, when it came to setting up the exam, they didn't have all the required files from Unity, so I again had to wait for that to be resolved.

I tried contacting them on several occassions via email and live chat and they were incredibly slow to respond. Many times I was promised a call or email response but never received anything.
I asked for compensation for the myriad of problems that I experienced (not just the ones listed here) and was offered 20% off any future courses. I was then recommended a handful of courses that averagely cost around £1,200!

I can safely say that I will never be returning to Academy Class and for anyone else taking the Unity Certified exam I'd strongly recommend going literally anywhere else (or even better, just waiting for Unite).
Verified Buyer

We were expecting more advanced lecture - what we learn was pretty much everything you can already see on google academy's tutorial video. If you are completely beginner, it could be interesting to take this class.
Joe
Verified Buyer

The tutor (Dom) was very approachable and patient. No question was too much to ask. The size of the class was just about right as well.
Shaun
Verified Buyer

The course content and instructor were good. I was however told that I would be working on a Mac and that didn't happen, which made things a little difficult. The location, whilst great, is very old and run down. I would have preferred there to have been more motion graphics content than video. All in all, I found it enjoyable and I learned quite a bit.
Ben
Verified Buyer

I sat the 5 day REVIT course in Manchester and the training was excellent. Eddie, the instructor, was very knowledgeable and very helpful. He didn't get frustrated with us asking the same question and making the same mistakes for the first few days!
I have come away from the course and have already completed a couple of projects that I would of had no idea how to do before. I would highly recommend them.
Elvan
Verified Buyer

Well structured course, very good and experienced trainer who made such complicated subject so easy to learn and fun, good length of time, good location, excellent trainer.
Shanae

Lots of course material
Verified Buyer

Classes were set in a comfortable environment with coffee available to keep us going - not that we were at all bored as the instructor, Mark, made the course very interesting and varied with his relevant anecdotes that exemplified that designers can learn from their mistakes.
Olusola
Verified Buyer

I am all thumbs when it comes to computers so the tutor's (Eddie's) patience was greatly appreciated.
academy class is rated 4.76 based on 272 reviews