academy class Reviews

of reviewers recommend academy class
Read academy class Reviews

About academy class:

Academy Class is a training provider for creatives and developers in the UK. With classrooms in London, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow, private bespoke training at your premises, virtual live-online learning and video on demand, you decide on how you prefer to learn.

academyclassmail@gmail.com

Tell us how academy class made you happy
I came back for my refresher class, and found it extremely helpful. The teacher was excellent and covered a huge amount, clearly and concisely in a short space of time. It's great that we get some notes to take home too. I'd definitely recommend this class.
Fantastic course, learnt so much in a short space of time. The instructor was very friendly and knowledgeable. Great location and facilities.
Extremely informative, lots covered in two days. Richard was helpful, patient and very knowledgeable.
Very good course for a beginner using Illustrator for the first time. Learned a lot in 2 days and feel it will greatly help in my work. Will be booking the next level of the course for next year!
Excellent teaching, very patient and covered a lot of information in 2 days.
A very useful course in getting to grips with Indesign. Despite being a complete novis I feel I have at least a basic understanding.
Excellent course. I had a very basic knowledge and can now see where I can apply this to book layouts, style guides and interactive pdfs. Tony was a patient and informative tutor!
I received a thorough grounding in the key skills to hit the ground running, from an extremely knowledgeable and approachable teacher
The Yellow Belt course was fantastic. The teacher, Iran was very engaging and kept our attention well. Even as someone who has used inDesign for a while now, I learned quite a few new tricks and methods that previously I would have hashed round but less effectively. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to learn the basics, and intermediates, of InDesign.
Iman was fantastic, but the programme kept freezing and we had to keep logging out.
Good service very informative
AVOID The worst company I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I'm fortunate that, instead of coming out of my own pocket, my employer paid for me to attend an Academy Class course.   One of the biggest USP's for the course was the promise that I'd be given a chance to gain a UX certification (which you can only get from a couple of course providers). However, Academy Class lost the exam papers and have been incredibly rude in dealings with me - even having the gall to say that they held up their end of the bargain as I sat the exam as promised. Totally shocking and unprofessional behaviour from a company running professional courses. Not only have they been needlessly rude, but they’ve completely ignored several of my emails, and have stopped replying altogether. Everyone makes mistakes, and I would be completely understanding if they had turned around and apologised for getting it wrong. What I can’t believe is that their response has been to be incredibly rude, and completely ignore affected clients.  All they needed to do was to be decent, apologise for the mistake and offer to refund the cost of taking the exam - but instead they've acted like complete conmen, and I haven't received an offer of any kind of refund.
Dear John Simmons,
We sincerely apologise for the inconveniences.
We have tried to offer you multiple solutions, all of which have been rejected by you.
We would however still like to attempt to remedy the situation. Please contact us should you wish to try to find a solution with us.
Regards,
Academy Class.
I had booked 3 courses and paid for all of them. I was supposed to take the first one in a week and then take the other 2 courses in the next week. The first one was okay and I could learn, despite the fact that the classroom was incredibly hot and it took the staff 2 days to solve the problem. On the next week that I had the other 2 courses they called me and told me that the professor was sick so they had to cancel the courses and postpone them for the next week (which was not ideal because I was only staying in London for a short time). On the next week, they called me again telling me that the professor couldn’t lecture me the courses and cancelled again. After this I asked for my full refund for the 2 courses and they told me they that the money would hit my account shortly, but it didn’t. I was emailing and calling them constantly but they didn’t provide me any answers and I was starting to think that they wouldn’t give me the full refund. I had to leave the UK but luckily, I had relatives in London that could help me. After a very stressful 1 month and a half I finally received my full refund. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL, I was very disappointed with how they handled my case. If you are thinking of taking any courses in there I strongly recommend that you look for another place.
The course was enjoyable but that's probably the only positive. The course sold says at the end you will get to do a test and gain a certificate. We never heard back on our test and never got a certificate. I have never received such bad customer service. Months of emailing and being ignored and promting them for a response. Eventually their response was "it's not their fault the test was lost in the post". They offered me a re-sit of the exam (3months after the course - which is ridiculous), I declined so they then they offered me to re-do the course and exam. I'm now about to give birth so declined again and asked for a refund so I can do the course at a time that more convenient for me with a training company I have some faith in. Their response was "why do you think you are entitled to a refund? You wasn't sold anything, you chose the course". So I'm now being ignored again which is what they are best at doing. I would recommend everyone to find a course elsewhere.
I started my zero to hero 3D S Max course and the first 3 days went well. The instructor was brilliant and thoroughly knew his stuff. However we were told during the week he was unable to be in on Friday and that we were not getting a cover. So 5 days was crammed into 3.5 day. Thursday was a half day as we had questions at the end and info about the test we were going to take on Friday. Safe to say myself and class mates were grossly under prepared. We were also told that the test would be 2 hours and for the rest of the day to “refer to pdf books if we get stuck”. Beyond unhelpful. Once Friday came we started our test only to find that we had one chance and that the system Autodesk and AC class used did not work well together and therefore had soooo many problems! One of the admin guys came down to help and he said that “the pass rate was very low as the system is confusing and unreliable”. Great!! Turns out we had 75 mins for the test. I couldn’t get past question 2 before my computer stopped working. So that was me done. My other 2 class mates couldn’t answer majority of the questions as we didn’t cover them and has major glitches on their test which brought them to the end of their time limit and weren’t able to finish the test. Therefore failed. To sum up not only did we lose an entire day of tutoring that we were meant to have but also were unable and in equipped to take the test. I did not come out with what I expected to have learn in the course which was the most upsetting part. Especially when you ask numerous times. This is a lot of money for someone who is paying them selves. I have taken it further and 3 weeks later I am still waiting. Hugely disappointing after such a great start. I would like to be clear that despite my very bad experience towards the end. This has nothing to do with our teacher as he was very good and this was out of his control.
Course was cancelled and no one bothered to notify me. Arrived at Academy Class and didn’t even receive an apology. It’s been over three weeks and after many ignored calls and unanswered emails - I’m yet to receive a refund. Terrible customer service and communications. Avoid this company like the plague! Exceptionally unprofessional!
Dear customer (request to be anonymous respected)

Firstly, we apologise sincerely to you and we do hope that the refund and the offer of free training will be accepted as appropriate compensation.

You were scheduled for training in the 1st week in our new office premises and not unexpectedly, we experienced some service disruptions during the move.

You were the only one on this course so we suggested to run it as a virtual course, rather than cancelling.

Unfortunately due to the move you were no longer able to join the session from our office and you were meant to connect from your home/office. Our sales team did not communicate this to you and neither did you receive the email with our new office address.

You did turn up at our old site to begin the training and were understandably very disappointed to find out that we have moved and that your training could not occur. The Academy Class General Manager has spoken to you and you have agreed to a full refund for the training. That's great! Further to that, as a compensation for missing 2 days off work, we also offered you the next session free of charge or the option of choosing a different training course.

The refund was requested but the funds were not transferred – unfortunately when you called the General Manager, he was on leave and you was told that you should wait for his return. The General Manager has chased the refund and it was done this week.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience.

The Academy Class Team
UX jumpstart course was a awfully bad experience!!! I've never been treated this disgraceful! Some training slides are in Lithuanian and no translation in english! The teacher doesn't understand simple questions (I guess language barrier), she also couldn't explain for example the difference between a Mockup and a Sketch (didn't know the word Mockup!) - and she called herself an expert in UX! She also pickes on a students during the class, in front of everyone - DISGRACEFUL! It's a shame a person like her is able to teach UX Design! Stay away from this course at any chance! I will also report her behaviour to the BSC!
The teacher Tony Goodman was amazing! One of the best teachers I have ever had.
There is no material to look/refer to, all is hands on, no time to write down, trainer explained only once and moved on. Need to keep asking. No explanation how he will conduct the training. Had it been a book or hand out, even when the trainer only showed it once, we would be able to do the exercise after watching how it was done. Now we had to quickly watch, write and do exercise on the computer at the same time which is impossible. Trainer was economical with sharing knowledge. Joined the 5 days course, I only bring back probably 10%.
The course was very good generally, the teacher was very knowledgeable and was able to explain complex concepts from different angles so that we would understand. I have to add a few sore points too though. The setup of the class was less than ideal, as the three of us were following the teacher on one screen and it was very difficult for those sitting at the sides to read and copy what the teacher was showing on the screen. The facilities were a bit inconvenient too, the heating was very high so we had to keep the window open which meant that noises would severely disrupt the lesson. Also the only female bathroom was very far away which meant having to take long breaks to reach the other end of the building.
academy class is rated 4.66 based on 295 reviews