“The engineer was fine. Competent, punctual, clear.
The sales team however, was not up to scratch:
* the price of the required spare part was quoted 30% more expensive than direct from the Bosch website
* when I pointed out the difference, they said it's because we get you next day delivery and bring it to your door
* I said that Bosch includes next day delivery for free anyway
* So they said you can order yourself, fine, and gave me a part number
* Sure enough, I got the part the next day. When I called to book the installation, the lady who spoke to me was very rude, from the time she answered the phone she was literally shouting at me, s if I'd gravely offended her. I booked the visit anyway
* She calls back 2 minutes later to say the appointment would be £50+VAT. I said I was quoted £35+VAT initially. She said because you ordered the part yourself, it will be £50. I said I was never told this, I was told you can order the part yourself it's the same. She went on to shout at me for 5 minutes then said she would call her colleague who spoke to me at the time to investigate.
* I was not called back but the next day the engineer came on time, and fixed the dishwasher. However they asked for £50 again. I spoke to another sales person on the phone, who was more amenable, admitted their mistake and we settled for £40
* The person was also surprised I wasn’t sent a confirmation email with the prices and booking at any point in the process
The truth is they tried to overcharge me twice: for the spare part and for the subsequent visit. It's a shame because aside from that the service was fine. If you use their service, make sure you get everything in writing”