Harveysfurniture Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Spent £2500 on two leather recliner sofas. There was hardly any padding in the 3 seater so replaced the sofa. The second sofa is just the same. Sink right into when sitting down no padding in the back or in the arms. I am waiting for a phone call from the repair company to come out and examine it. It's been a nightmare since the day we bought them. Should have kept the old one. Please please don't waste your money on this cheap nasty rubbish."
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Absolutely disgraceful service long sort short we ordered our sofas in January and we still have not received them . (Was meant to be a 7week wait). 2 failed delivery’s one stock issue and the other they lost our sofa in the warehouse ! Absolute bull! We requested a refund on 19th and still waiting for our money . I phoned the store yesterday and they told me I would receive the money yesterday or today which neither I had ! I phoned today and they told me They wouldn’t start processing my order until Tuesday ! 1. They have breeched their contract on delivering and 2. breaching their contract on refunding me . They astonishly processed my refund whilst being on the phone after me saying to them ‘Now you listen to me you have had my money in Your bank account making interest on my money and I have not revived my sofa or my refund so this is what you are going to do , your going to refund me money back right now and I shall be calling you back in half an hour . If I have not received it in this time I shall be going to trading standards and the papers’ . Disgraceful company ! AVOID AVOID"
"Just don’t use. Ever."
"They are just big liars. I think we all should take a leagal action against Harvey's furniture. They do not show any respect to customers and only make excuses and not taking responsibility. I did buy 4 sofas from them. The leather sofas show several gabs. The fabric sofa have similar issues. I have been struggling with Harvey's for more than 3 months. They just give me excuses. I contacted Guardsman as I have bough a care plan. Guardsman reply to me saying that the sofas structure has failed and that this is a manufacturer issue. The lady on the phone from guardsman insurance company said to me that Harvey's are aware of this and they know about this manufacturer error. I email guardsman message to Harvey's and never get a reply from them. When I called them (after waiting one hour on the phone) the rude man on the phone ask me to send email. I did send email however they are still not responding. I will never buy any thing from Harvey's. They are the worst."
"Disgusting company. Ordered a 4-piece sofa set back in December and was told to expect delivery in 10 weeks. That never happened, and they currently have no idea where the products are. 3 failed delivery attempts so far in the past month alone, where Harveys contact you to arrange a delivery date and time, then nothing ever turns up. You also receive no contact from Harveys as to why. BE AWARE that Harveys have a partnership with DHL, who handle most of the deliveries. Communication between DHL and Harveys is non-existent, which means you'll always be waiting for one company to contact the other."
"LIARS! My guvnor extra large corner sofa is 4 months old, there are springs hurting our backs and all the upholstery has slipped foam on the recliners. The material already looks worn and the person they sent around said agreed with us about everything we said. They have called today and said that there is nothing wrong with it and we can't do anything about it! 1st call from them and they have not offered any sort of help and told us to contact the furniture ombudsmen. Its 4 months old and not fit for purpose!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS, WISH I'D READ THESE REVIEWS EARLIER!"
"I ordered a dining table and paid for assembly however drivers just delivered and left saying they not been advised to assemble. 2nd day issue still not resolved, have kids so inconvenient and poor service from Harvey's I would not recommend to anyone."
"If I could give this no stars I would. We bought a three piece leather suite in January 2017 and it was delivered in April 2017 within 15 months the leather on one of the chairs has started peeling. We had to pay £50 for someone to come out and rub the side of the chair to say that there is no colour transference therefore there is nothing wrong with the chair. Harvey's refused to acknowledge any fault and referred us to the furniture ombudsman. They have reviewed the case and found 'Due to the age of the goods, the burden rests with you as the consumer to provide compelling evidence to support your claim' Despite the fact that we have provided photos of the peeling. So obviously a £3000 suite is only expected to last 15mths. Do not buy anything from Harvey's the quality of there furniture is substandard and is not expected to last."
"Ordered in November 2018 the sofas they arrived on the 26th of April 2019 wanted to cancel the order they promised compensation reasons for cancelling now they are offering nothing spoke to Joseph over the phone could not get through to a manager very rude"
"Ordered Sofa in December. Sofa made and in warehouse 28/02/19. 1st Attempt, 22/3/19 (Sofa not delivered due to not in stock) 2nd Attempt, 4/04/19 (Sofa not delivered due as mix up on date) 3rd Attempt, 5/04/19 (Sofa arrives but two left hand sides only) 4th Attempt, 29/04/19 (Sofa arrives but two left hand sides only again!) Customer service said they do not do compensation only good will gesture. Staff in Aberdeen store did not ask what was wrong or consider feelings just spoke over my Dad, Wife and myself about going though process. Was finally offered £100 compensation if i still wanted the Sofa. I have refused and asked for a refund. Still pending refund. Awful service."
"I haven't even placed an order and it's obvious they haven't a clue. Called customer services with a pre-sales order - and was told to "call customer services" because they didn't have any information on the furniture!!! When I pointed out that I WAS already calling customer services - was told to "call any store" - I call a store - who tell me to call customer services! Seriously...how are they still in business????"
"Omg I just wish I had read the reviews before I used Harvey's it's the worst customer services I have ever encountered I had to cancel a new years Eve dinner party because Harvey's let me down on my dining furniture delivery promised before Christmas but actually arrived in February please avoid Harvey's at all cost they are liars"
"Harvey's failed us from the word go. We were promised a pre Christmas delivery as soon as we had placed our order that changed to 27th Dec which then changed to we don't have a delivery date. Eventually we got our order in February. We tried to contact the customer service but were greeted by an automated message we would have to wait 90 mins due to a high volume of calls, we called the store and they said they couldn't help as they would also have to wait 90 mins. We tried to email the customer services but it always fail to sent ( how bizzare). The silver has started to come of of our chairs only 2 months old... Can we contact Harvey's no of course not. Absolutely shocking I would never in a million years recommend Harvey's there ater sales do not exist in my opinion"
"Would give 0 stars if I could. AVOID AVOID AVOID. My Geneva sofa actually arrived a week early. And that's the only positive thing I can say. Within 6 weeks the left and right side dipped...badly. the left side is so bad you are sitting on the frame. Customer Service is awful 0 stars. 27th in queue at one point. Endless phone calls to arrange a repair man. Had to waste a days holiday for LIAR Nigel from Furniture Care to tell me sofa foam was faulty then go back and tell Harveys my sofa was ok. Do not let him in your house...he will just lie and waste your time. One week later I had to chase Harvey's and on Nigel report they had closed my complaint...without telling me. Eventually they agreed to a 2nd inspection. 2nd repair man agreed faulty foam. One week later had to chase Harvey's again. My only option is repair? So, I'm having to waste a 3rd holiday and have repaired my now 12 week old sofa. Not happy - Harvey's is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Appauling customer sevice....wonder how long my repair will last?"
"Avoid this company at all costs. Customer service is a joke, store staff continue to give false information, never received our dining table and chairs yet insisted on a refund never again."
"Ordered the 'Brooklyn' corner sofa and matching three seater on the 5th January, was given a lead time of 15 weeks. Received a message three weeks ago to say call them to arrange delivery, so sold current sofa to make delivery of new sofa easier. Called them and after waiting 40 minutes to speak to someone was told sofas are not in yet!! Given new date of 20th May, so looks like we will be sitting on garden furniture for another while yet!!! After spending £3,000 and a wait of nearly five months I would definitley not recommend Harveys!!"
"Great shop staff. Awful customer service. A soaking wet settee was delivered (someone else took delivery) but lack of immediate interest from the person I spoke to on the helpline. It must have been evident to the delivery drivers how wet it was. Sent photos immediately as it was clear what the condition was like. It took over a week for anyone to call me back. Had to chase for a response, chase for collection and chase the refund. Dreadful customer service."
"If I could give zero stars I would..I was rung less than 15 hours before delivery to say my furniture had been taken off the van and was now out of stock. After waiting to get through, they couldn't tell me when it would be back in stock, after cancelling my order and telling me they had started my refund process as I asked I got a phone call at 7am to say they'd be at my house for 8. Shoddy, poor customer service."
"Our new Harveys leather sofa after only a few weeks began to look as if it had been in use for many years. The internal materials began to compress until the shape of the sofa became unrecognisable, the leather has stretched and the overall construction and materials used are poor. Harveys customer service response stated normal wear and tear. If I could rate lower than one star I would. Do not consider buying your furniture at Harveys!"
"Placed 3 orders with Harveys. 1. Table & Chairs Nov 2018 2. Sofa Feb 2019. 3. 2 Recliner Chairs Feb 2019. All of these items were required for a special event taking place in our home early May, and we had sold all our furniture to buy new. When the table was delivered on 2/2/2019 it was damaged. The original lead time on this table was 2 weeks. However, when I informed customer services of the damage I was eventually told, after numerous phone calls, that a replacement could not be sent until the end of May. I had no choice but to cancel the order. I am still in possession of the table awaiting collection to enable a refund to be made. Unacceptable. The sofa was delivered on the 25/3/2019. It was poorly wrapped and it had been sitting in water so was badly marked, wet, mouldy and rust marked. I rejected the sofa on the doorstep. Since then DHL have refused to confirm to customer services the whereabouts of the sofa. Until that happens I cannot have a refund. I took delivery of the 2 chairs and within a week one of the springs came loose and poked out through the bottom of the chair faux leather. This was repaired by Homeserve but within a week the same thing happened again making the hole bigger. I then requested a replacement. Last week I noticed that a hole had appeared in the arm section of the other chair. I have also requested a replacement. To date, no confirmation of the replacement chairs has been made. So, all in all, Harveys have failed me on all 3 orders. I have been given incorrect information, lied to by customer services, and all because their processess for the above situations DO NOT WORK. I am now out of pocket as I have had to purchase another sofa and table and there is no confirmation of when I will receive my money back. I have made a formal complaint requesting that all my issues are investigated and resolved as a matter of urgency. Harveys need to up their game if they are to compete with other suppliers of furniture. The companies I have gone to to replace the sofa and table delivered within 5 days, sofa delivery was £8 (as opposed to £59 charged by Harveys), and table was free delivery, and there were no issues. If only I had known before I went to Harveys."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.18 based on 340 reviews