Harveysfurniture Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"On hold for an hour without speaking to anyone, i just wanted to ask what their email address is to forward a complaint. When you search for their email online it says that the site can not be reached right now. Would never purchase from this company again. Hung up out of frustration. The automated voice says "thank Q for holding your call is important to us " yeah what ever"
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"There computers don’t work there departments don’t talk to each other, they don’t deliver your furniture , 90 min wait for customer services, over a month later they are taking money out of my account for goods I haven’t got iv been on the phone nearly every day for over a month and still nothing is done .dont bother emailing them either as they don’t reply . One star is too good minus 5 is better , needless to say avoid avoid avoid Harvey’s"
"appalling service. ordered a sofa at the start of September and paid additional to have the item extended. given two separate delivery dates which both have fallen through and when asking for a full refund was transferred into a que which I have been on hold in for over an hour. avoid this company at all costs. there customer service is non existent. personally i would rather sit on hot coals than any furniture they offer."
"Such a let down Avoid at all costs They dont even have a customer service department. Plus someone hung up on me after I waited 50min to speak to someone. Its ridiculous. I have tried to speak to them in every way but nothing. Unless you want the sales deparment there is always someone in there free to speak to you. Can I even rate is less than 1 star?"
"Where to start.... was not told sofa had to be paid in full before they would deliver it, they booked delivery before asking for payment, they then cancelled delivery due to a ‘fault’ with a lift in the warehouse, not delayed or postponed, very bluntly cancelled! it was then left down to myself to reschedule the delivery so had to join the waiting list again. Delivery day came and no contact and no sofa. Currently writing this while on hold which is currently on over an hour and counting, maybe I’ll get through to someone eventually .....maybe...."
"Everything went wrong!!!!ordered Lourdes table and 6 chairs...was told be delivered altogether.Had table delivered 22 days ago.Problem with ordering system.Been fobbed off so many times.Incurred £25.00 mobile phone charges ringing customer services,who put you on hold for way too long.Manager Has now informed me today the chairs have been discontinued!!!!total farce.Supposed to be resolved on 3 different occasions.Now wait untill this Friday and manager will ring me with a figure on table and 4 chairs.There are 4 chairs available as dissatisfied customer cancelled and returned her order!!!Manager has put chairs together but will take apart.I expect final answer by fri.i did pay £167.00 which was 10% deposit.i want a def date of 4 chairs delivery but at this point im so pissed...feel like just saying collect table.i will struggle to contact customer services.May have chat with trading standards tomorrow!!!"
"The sale at the store went well. Ordered more than £3000 of furniture on 16 Oct. Promised a delivery before the end of November. Contacted by text 3 days before delivery that it would be delivered on Nov 30 between 7am and 1pm. Took off work, waited...and waited...no delivery. Called to find out what was happening and was told one small item on the order had been reported as damaged and that someone would come out to try to fix it before the entire order would be delivered. No text, no phone call, no email to say any of this was happening. I only found out when I finally got through to customer service (who are constantly 'very busy'). Now am told that it can only be delivered on 14 Dec. Asked to speak to a supervisor was told that they were busy but would return a call within 24 hours! 1 - I ordered in Oct so I could have it within their 6 week window; 2 - extremely poor customer service after the item was ordered; 3 - still don't have my furniture; 4 - I don't want 'repaired' furniture. The only reason I can think that they didn't deliver the balance of the furniture (which was not damaged - representing 3000 of the 3200 order - was that they wanted to avoid a second delivery. Order from this company at your peril - if things go wrong, they are horrible at sorting it. I will NEVER order anything from them again and strongly recommend you don't either."
"Ordered a sofa bed in July from the store in Macclesfield they decided to deliver on the 19th of November when it came it was damaged so we sent it back then spoke to customer services the same day they said they would call me the next day still waiting tried to call customer services again can not get in touch with them so phoned the store they said nothing to do with them very poor service will not buy anything else from them and will not recommend any one else go there to buy anything asked for money back they said they can’t give it back very very very poor people to deal also they expect you on the phone line for up to two hours"
"I was sent faulty dining chairs, which the delivery driver took back on the day. It has been almost 4 weeks I have had no response from Harveys. Every time I call their customer service I am put on hold or the line gets cut off. I have sent them a number of emails however no reply as yet. I went to the store and was told because it was a online order there was nothing they could do. I called their sales team who were so rude. She told me she will have to hang up my call because I was not placing a order and was wasting her time. Never shop from Harvey's. I have paid for goods that I have not received. I am no where near getting my refund."
"I've just had my third conversation with these jokers and I'm now at the end of my tether with them. My fiancee and I ordered a sofa and two footstools, and were given a confirmed delivery date of Friday 16th November. We sold our sofa during that week and my parents booked the day off work to be in for delivery. Three days before delivery we received a text message saying that delivery had been cancelled and they'd be in touch letting us know a new date of delivery. After a few days of hearing nothing I called them and was on hold for nearly 40 minutes. I spoke to a customer advisor who told me that they honestly had no idea when the delivery would now take place but they would call us on Tuesday 27th with a definitive answer. Again we received no call on the Tuesday so once again I called them and was on hold for 56 minutes this time. The chap at the end of the phone admitted that he had no idea if our order could be fulfilled due to an issue with an Italian factory but to call back on Friday as management were getting involved and they should know more by then. To be fair, both of these customer advisors were apologetic and spoke about compensating us if we wished to continue with the order. So today I called up again (32 minutes on hold) and I had the pleasure of speaking with Edward. Edward announced that he could not speak to me about anything to do with the order as it is in my fiancee's name, and infact he is going to report the two people I previously spoke to. I was then put through to his manager Pav who again stated there was going to be an internal investigation looking into the conduct of the two members of staff I'd previously spoken with. I ended the call in disbelief, furious at their service once again. Instead of wasting their time on this nonsense could they not use it more effectively to organise the delivery of our sofa we have paid for, or at least let us know a rough timeframe...1 month...2 months...6 months...a year? Or maybe spend more time answering phones so customers don't waste any more of their lives on hold to this company. This is without doubt the most embarrassingly run company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with...an absolute shambles. Two weeks after the supposed delivery we still have no sofa, no due date, no confirmation they can even fulfil our order, we've received no phone calls, and now after spending a combined total of over 2 hours on hold on the phone I am no longer allowed to chase any of this up. The most underserving one star rating of all time!"
"The worst service I’ve ever had! I ordered a dining room table and chairs on the 30th September , was told it would take 7 weeks. My first delivery date (20th) was cancelled because they couldn’t deliver so was re arranged for the next week (27th). This was also cancelled due to NO STOCK! You shouldn’t sell a item if you don’t actually have the stock !!! Then I was told they would have stock on the 19th December but I wouldn’t have it in time for Christmas !!!! 5 days later still waiting for my refund , As I have to wait for them to call me!!! Also paid part cash and that will take two weeks for a cheque to come !!!! DONT SHOP WITH HARVEYS! They lie to customers and can’t forfill there promises"
"Harvey's customer service the biggest joke in the world they were rude, disrespectful and just wanted to make it as quick as possible to get of the phone. I was on hold for nearly 2hrs for a 30 second conversation. They told me it will be 12 weeks as that the longest time it takes to deliver. Already been 12 weeks and 3 days for then to say MAYBE and week. Next week was just the warehouse then MAYBE another week for it to be delivered, witch altogether would be 15 weeks. If it is any longer i will be demanding all my money back. FxxKING JOKE...... also have to deal with a upset fiance WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I would love for management to put all there staff through a speaking to customer course. WERE IS MY SOFA"
"What a joke. We ordered our sofa and chair in October 2018 (£3K) and we were "guaranteed" it would be delivered in time for Christmas and incidentally, for moving into our new house. We left the store very satisfied as we loved the sofa. We were emailed a few weeks later saying that the sofa would arrive 2nd December and it fitted in perfectly with our moving in times as it would arrive just a few days after we moved. Happy days. We were then notified yesterday (less than a week before the delivery date) that the sofa was out of stock and the next delivery would be March 2019, almost four months after! I've tried to call the Harvey office for an explanation: "We are unable to take your call right now, please phone back later." We now have to move house, with a three week old and no sofa for Christmas.... and we told the family we would do the entertaining on Christmas day as housewarming too! We'll be sitting on the floor playing Trivial Pursuit! If only Harvey's were actually honest. It's tactic is to say "guarantee" on the product, collect YOUR money and then see how much they can deliver in the run-up to Christmas. If they can't deliver what YOU paid for, they then just give you your money back with no compensation or apology. What a sh*tty business model; maximising revenue and then if they can't do what they promised, screw over the customer at the end. The company should be held to account for its "guarantee" and ordered to compensate if it cannot deliver. A DISGRACE!!!!"
"Absolutely terrible quality sofa's and customer service. How you can sell 4 year finance for a product that only lasts one year i will never know. The recliner on our sofa broke a few weeks after the 12 month guarantee ran out. Simple fix - the retaining spring has bent out of shape and therefore come out of its placeholder. I have managed to bend it back into shape and replace so i can close the recliner, but upon contacting Harvey's if they could pop a new spring the the post for me to replace was told i would have to (at my own expense) get an independent to come in, and assess my sofa's and the damage and to identify how the damage happened and who was at fault... All i asked for was a spring (which probably costs them about 50p) to be sent in the post. Didn't kick up a stink that the sofa had broken, or was unusable. Luckily enough I'm handy and nimble so was able to temporarily fix myself (and older person wouldn't have been so luck and would be left with a footrest sticking out of their sofa) Unbelievable - i used to sell furniture for a living and if this had happened to one of my customers i would have happily put a replacement in the post, no questions asked.. something that would have been so simply to get a good outcome was met with such resistance. Was even quoted the Consumer Rights Act of 2015... FOR A REPLACEMENT SPRING? Bad quality product that i now don't trust will last the 4 years i have to pay for them, let alone any longer. First time i have bought brand new sofa's and to be honest my ancient second hand recliners were of a better quality. DFS next time i think...."
"I would give no stars if possible. Been waiting for a piece of furniture to be told it was arriving today! Chased and they said it’s gone missing or could be out of stock! Partner taken day of work and been on hold for 4 hours just had a call back after pressing option 5 to make a payment and no further forward! Stressed and angry as I have had to rearrange plans and now have a tv sat on the floor with two young children! Harvey’s you need to talk to each other! Spent over £12,000 in 4 years with you and this is not good enough! Will not be recommending to anyone!"
"Ordered new furniture from Harveys promised to be here in 9 weeks tried to call customers service automated answering sevice told 81 minutes wait sent a email told to call so called again next day 51minutes wait. Eventually got through said would be here mid November. Called again, again 60 minutes wait. Went to the shop they said they would call me later that day. 1 week later they called me and said it might be here by the 22nd of December. Then had the cheek to wish me a happy Christmas. What a joke."
"I would give them no starts if that would be possible. What a joke of a company. Things came damaged made us wait for a month until they changed it and store it in our sitting room! On the other items the delivery was cancelled twice. Impossible to get through to their customer services, nearly an hours wait every time and when you do get through to it they have no answers for you. Smug little shits picking up a phone and have no clue about what they are doing. I am so, so angered by this company, waiting for the furniture for 3 months and still cant get it in time. What a joke. They should get closed down for being so bad at what they are doing. You are building sofas and tables not rockets, get over yourselves."
"Where do I start with this shambles of a service. I ordered my tables and chairs back in August. We thought we'd treat ourselves with a nice dinning room table and chairs set for the new house. So far I've had three cancelled deliveries by this mob and each time someone has had to day off for no reason. Each time I phone up to ask about information I'm on hold for at least half an hour. The last time I phoned I was mucked about by them until the finally said it was the stores issue. The in house staff are incompetent too. I showed the elder fellow their own advert and asked for the exact same set up to only have the wrong items sent out. As I type this, I'm sitting here trying to cancel my order as I have had enough. That task in itself is harder that It should be. I will never shop here again and I will go out my way to let anyone know about the shocking service and worse products."
"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS AWFUL COMPANY!!!!!"
"I do not know were to start! Terrible customer service ! Not the person on the phone itself ,but i weighted in line 50 minutes to than talk on the phone with somebody and be put in line again! End of the story they told me i would get a message from the store within 24 houres from the order cancellation. Well that never happened we went in atore and they did not know about us cancelling the order ! The sofa was supposed to be here between 6-7 weeks it s 10 weeks here and the order is atill not here and will probably not arrive for a while. When I tried to cancel the order all the above mentioned things happened . Now we have to wait til customer service send the calncellation forms ! We have no sofa and no money back! Do not buy from harveys ! Terrible experience ! Which i did not expect for a 3000 pounds sofa!"
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.20 based on 188 reviews