Harveysfurniture Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Buyer beware! Purchase 2 chairs 1 footstool 9th April. Chairs arrived okay, stool came with out legs and fitting. I have spent since the delivery 10th July chasing up my missing parts, customer services countless calls awaiting someone to answer, 1-2 hours, no joy. 23rd had a call saying 4-6 weeks, that time has expired on the 21st Aug, only had a Harveys Face book response asking for order number and details, still nothing. Even called in store @ Castlemoor RP, still no joy. Times up, I will return the stool to the store this week and expect a full refund on the item, maybe they may even offer some sort of goodwill gesture, might compensate for my phone bill to them, I doubt that will happen, Never had such a bad service, will never shop there again."
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I rang CS as I could not get an answer from the Cardiff store where i made the purchase. I had to hang on 1 hour 4 minutes before my call was answered. Absolutely appalling service."
"I purchased a Guv nor Large Corner unit 14 months ago. The colour is Red. The dye has run onto my scatter cushions which were beige,also it is coming onto our clothes as my breakfast bar stools have a pink tinge, we rang customer service who advised us to get an independant assessor at a cost of £48. Harvey's quoted me sale of goods act. I e-mailed the furniture Ombudsman, who advised me to ask harveys for a Deadlock letter!! Surprise Surprise they would not supply one. If anyone has a complaint like me, do not let them get away with it."
"The customer service is apalling and absolutely rediculous. The staff are incompetent,rude,and need training. The managers are too scared to face customers so they dont bother taking calls and speaking to customers. I called on 15/08 waited 41 mins they answered the call and cut it off, i called again and waited 1hr 15 mins then managed to speak to a customer service agent named Haider who was useless did not want to understand my query and constantly spoke over me. I have never been treated this way and will take this further. The service was so terrible that even 1 star will be a compliment."
"Stay away absolutely shocking"
"Buyer beware!! read the reviews before you purchase from this store, I wish I had!9th April purchased 2 chairs and a footstool. Expected to wait app 14weeks, arrived,delivered 10th July, no problem Unfortunately the foot stool arrived with NO feet or fittings. Filled out the details with the delivery men on the day, as they checked their van and no sign of missing parts. Told me to phone shop where I purchased, Castlemoor retail park MCR, I did, they said sorry but you need to phone the customer service number. I have lost count of the times I have phoned CS, each time app 1-2hours, no response. Even used the call back, to no avail. On the 23rd July I managed to speak with CS, who said it could take 4-6 weeks, I make that due 7th Aug - 21st Aug from delivery date. they said they would call me with update They have not. Called in shop, they could only email CS,still no response. I have bought many items in past from Arighis and Peter Carlson, any problems dealt within store,excellent service.Will never shop in Harveys again,and if I do not have any joy soon I will return the stool and ask for a full refund. Surely if the furniture is checked before it leaves the depo, then my missing items would be there, so why do I have to wait as if this is a new order. The worst CS I have ever come across"
"Funny I’ve just wrote a review and I posted a picture of the furniture. Shock the picture hasn’t gone on to my review."
"Hi my complaint been going on 4 months. I ordered 3 sealer 2 seater sofas and a chair and a pouffee. Nothing like the same quality as in store creasing looks like a 10 year old furniture not 9 weeks when I complained. They have now offered a replacement I will see what this quality is like but I won’t hold my breath. Customer service is dreadful been lied to several times from different people. They sent someone out at first who said nothing wrong with it to Harveys in his report? But said to me it’s a load of rubbish and won’t last 12 months. I then had my own report done and told Harveys who then sent someone else out who I told this guy what my own report said. He didn’t argue because I knew what the faults were he just said yes it’s faulty. Can’t wait to see the quality of new sofas can’t imagine them being any different."
"had our sorent leather corner sofa delivered this morning, excellent service from on line order to delivery, sofa arrived on time and is excellent quality and high standard , delivery guys very police and good service would highly recommend"
"Okay - initial delivery following very good purchase was before stated date. V pleased. 2.5 years later, sofa bed failing : holding springs shearing off!! I paid refundable £50 for assessment. Fault confirmed and money returned promptly. First attempt to deliver replacement part failed as I was not notified of delivery time; the second attempt failed as the van broke down 40 mins or do before end of delivery window time. Okay. Third delivery and the part landed safely - measuring approx 1.5 metres x 1 metre. Hardly small. On Sunday 5 August 2019, a charming engineer arrived to fix sofa bed. Hooray!! Alas, no. The replacement part is 2 inches too small and will have to be returned. It has taken since mid April 2019 to reach this situation. Someone has provided the wrong measurements or similar. I have written to CEO asking for a replacement sofa bed, please. All those 5 hour window slots for assessment, delivery etc have exhausted my patience. I await a response from someone. Anyone will do!! Okay, there are bigger problems in the world, and a broken sofabed is very First World. But ..."
"If I could give a minus rating I would! Awful service and product. The glass top table has two chips in it! It was over £500!! Absolitely disgusted with Harvey's service also ...promised installation and guess what delivery men said they were not installing as we would have to pay an additional £50 on top of the £49 delivery fee!! ....I have since emailed and complained and 2 days later no response ......I'm now looking to take this further."
"DO NOT BUY order a sofa in December constantly promised to deliver so took time off work for it not to arrive eventually told by one person sofa was missing. Tried to cancel order and told if we beared with them would get £450 good Will gesture and then told not that was a mistake £50 only. Hours and hours of time wasted on hold to a rubbish customer service line where people say they will help and get back to you but never do - horrid horrid horrid"
"Terrible! Never ever ever get your sofa from this shambles of an organisation! They lie about delivery dates. They have no idea when your sofa will arrive and openly admit until it is in their warehouse they can't guarantee anything. They have failed to deliver twice at the agreed delivery and can now no longer provide a date. Well its only been 6 months so far I can wait. They do not give any compensation until after the sofa has been delivered as they want you to not want to bother about returning it once they offer a pathetic amount. They do not contact you with update you have to phone and chase. Sometimes you wait over 2 hours in a queue. I suppose they get a quite a few complaints. Their sales line is instantly available! I can't review the quality of the sofa yet so hoping that's more positive."
"Will never buy another product from harveys.waited 4 months for my new sofa. 3 weeks later the leather on the recliners started to come off. Phoned them to complain over 4 weeks ago and they said someone will come to look at it 14th August so iv been stuck with a sofa I paid £1700 for and avnt been able to use the recliners for 6 weeks 😩😫😢not a happy customer"
"This is purely about the aftercare, so be warned if you love AWFUL customer service!! Simply the worst aftercare I have ever experienced! We purchased our sofa set from the Ashford Kent store earlier this year on the 2nd of March. Firstly the item was delivered almost a month late from the advised delivery date to then find out that the delivery guy, 1 off 2 decided to bring in the Love sofa around the side of my house on his own....(sensible), this resulting in him scuffing two of the corners. By this time I have had multiple calls with your customers service team regarding the late delivery and damaged goods. When trying to call customer there is a guarantee'd minimum of 45 minutes on hold before talking to anyone! This alone is really not acceptable, to then be put through to a customer service representative who actually can't help but read from a script and not actually help or want the customer happy in the slightest. You can't talk to a manager (Who is in the office), you have to request a call back within 24hrs... which I did but guess what! No call back to this date from a manager. BAFFLED So 4 months down the line it came to the repair day, oh to my amazement the wrong material was sent to repair the sofa!!! In the end the material was stretched around the bottom of the sofa so it can not be seen but can still be felt. I was offered full compensation to my bank account to then also find that this was a lie!! Apparently you can only refund £50 to my bank account and the rest off the finance. So to simply cap this off, I still have a faulty sofa but I just wanted this madness to end. I can honestly say this is the worst experience/customer service I have ever come across. I have simply asked for a Harvey’s manager to call me out of courtesy but I have been told numerous times that the matter is now at a close so it can’t be escalated to management! Regards Luke White"
"Just a follow up regarding my 90 min call to customer services, just had my phone bill in and it was actually 98 minutes cost of call using Virgin land line £15.92. You actually pay to complain on premium rate call charge, Harvey’s don’t tell you that. They should be shut down"
"Avoid at all costs. 5 times my order has been dispatched once to the wrong address twice damaged and twice incomplete. Worse company I've ever dealt with"
"Along with many other by the looks of it.. Terrible customer service. Waited almost 4 months for the suite ,had it less than one day and the recliner chair tripped the electrics in the house so was left with the chair reclined the earliest they had for a technician to call was a month, finally got them to get someone out 8 days later so had all the stress of arranging for someone to be home ..for the technician to take the cable from the chair which had been split due to it being cought in the mechanism... so now have a chair that doesn't recline an can't sit for any length of time on without being reclined ..phoned to find out when the chair would fixed was told Harvie's would be in touch.. week later got a txt to say they would need to wait on a part which would be 8 weeks but most likely to be 12 Weeks no apologies nothing .. ..customer services about useful as the suit have purchased .. I would not recommend Harvie's unfortunately I hadn't read the reviews ... Disgusted"
"went to Harveys Crawley sussex the salesman was very helpful and answered all the questions we put to him. the salesmans name was Craig Wills . my wife is blind and this salesman explained everything professionally to her"
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.16 based on 402 reviews