Harveysfurniture Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Went into Harveys Oldham Bank Holiday Monday in August 2018 looking for a dining table and chairs. Saw exactly what we wanted and ended up ordering not only the table & chairs but sideboard, nest of tables, corner TV unit & display cabinet. Was told all was in stock apart from display cabinet, and we had to pay full amount upfront. Was contacted end of October with delivery date for everything apart from display cabinet which was given a delivery date of 5/12. All other furniture arrived but the TV unit was the wrong one. They sent the large TV unit which was too big for our lounge so we put it in the garage pending a sort out. Numerous e-mails, photos & telephone calls later the correct one was delivered. The 5/12 came and went with no display cabinet. A new delivery date of 2/1/19 was given until a telephone call eventually came to say out of stock.. Needless to say we contacted customer services who eventually gave us a refund on the cabinet.!! We ended up being lucky! A trip to a local furniture store 'Lovicks' in Radcliffe , Manchester actually sold our furniture and the display cabinet was in stock!!!. A minimal deposit was requested and we were told we only had to pay the balance after delivery when we were satisfied. Furthermore, only 2 weeks after placing the order I have received a phone call today to say the display cabinet can be delivered this Saturday and there is no delivery charge. How I wish I had ordered all the furniture from this independent shop in this first place, Yes, it was slightly more expensive than Harveys but taking into account missed deliverys and time taken off work along with endless loops of listening to customer services prerecorded messages that would have been a small price to pay. The moral is try to shop independently where you can !!! ''Harveys you are a shambles, you should be ashamed of yourselves, an utter disgrace when it comes to customer service''. Independent shops can't afford to behave like this, the way you lot are going you don't deserve to stay in business !!"
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Harveys Waterlooville store Ginger Nigel 23.01.2019 is the most arrogant untrained low grade individual we have ever come across. No interest in anything a customer had to say. Official complaint is ongoing."
"About as bad as it gets. Ordered a sofa in August last year. It's now nearly February and zero communication from these cowboys. Look elsewhere."
"A Spokesman Said logo Your reviews and complaints Account preferences > User photo Helen Riddell 17/01/2019 Faulty suite Complaint against Harveys Furniture Harveys are a complete joke bought a suite from then in September wrong colour, after 2 days faulty leather, after many phone calls eventually ordered me a new one was told 6 to 8 weeks would get delivered.After many phone calls to the store and customer services with broken promises about delivery I eventually received it on 21st December. After 2 days leather went exact same way as the first suite again on phone to complain after 3 weeks they sent a man out to check it he said it's not a manufacturer fault it's the leather. Don't think so having had leather suites before and never had that problem with them.I have now contacted ombudsman and will not let this go till I either get my money back or pick a new suite,I would not recommend this store unless you want problems there customers service is a Appalling. I now want to cancel and get my money back this has been going on from September still getting nowhere ©"
"Rubbish customer service"
"We brought a dining table and chairs and a full set of lounge furniture. The dining table had a split in the leg,after a lengthy wait it was inspected and found that the the assembly of the table was at fault. Again after a long wait the table was replaced. This Christmas we had the family to dine with us and discovered that the table could not extend and the centre sections could not fit. This resulted in us having to have 2 sittings for dinner ! The engineer has again visited us today and said he could not believe his eyes, it must have been nearly impossible for the Table to have been given to us in that condition.So he has now gone away to report his findings. To say I am unhappy is a understatement, if I do not hear of a agreeable outcome the Trading standards will be contacted and I will personally go and demonstrate outside the Farnborough store. This is not a threat but I believe I have a right to get a result"
"Not delivered ontime. No communication"
"Don’t waste your money at Harvey’s you may not see it again. Worst company I have ever had to deal with. In the past we have always received good service and good products. But will never go back to them again. Our problem appears to be the similar to everyone else."
"Awful company, customer service is appalling"
"I purchase my sofas on 27th September 2018 and was guaranteed delivery before Christmas. I was contacted for my balance due on 17th December and was told that my sofas was at the distribution depot in Lutterworth..... for delivery by a contractor Arrow XL, due to the high volume of deliveries that they had. I was told I would get it by Monday guaranteed...!!!! I got rid of my sofas due to my buyers wanting it ASAP. Which was meant Leaving me with a bean bag over the weekend. I was phoned by customer services on Friday afternoon....saying that there was a fire at the docks in Southampton..!!!! And they couldn’t honour my delivery till after Xmas....... so after a phone call to a friend in Southampton who works at the docks, asking about the fire....... he said that there was no fire and the last cargo ship fire was 28th May 2018 just off the docks. I informed Harveys of their Lies and they couldn’t answer....!!!!!! I had to wait until 9th of January and have tried talking to customer services.... but get no response.....!!!!! I have also emailed them, and again get no response...!!!! The store manager has emailed them on many occasions about my complaint, and has even escalated my complaint twice. But still no response........ I am absolutely disgusted. Cutstomer services are hard to get through to and seems like they don’t care about leaving me in the S**t with no sofas over the Xmas break. #CUSTOMERCARESHOCKING"
"Customer Services non existent. We were advised on morning of delivery our sofa would not be delivered, even though they would have known prior to this as it was coming from a warehouse in Ayr, we live in NI so it would have to be on a boat at least the day before. We had cleared room out and given old sofa away to make room. Tried contacting Customer Services by phone but no reply. Held for a total of 3.5 hours on 4 attempts. Phoned the store to cancel the order and get a refund to be told I had to phone back on Monday. Have tried twice today and no-one is available to process the refund. Would have given zero stars if possible. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY."
"There's no strength in the stuffing in my sofa seat cushions after only one years usage the sofa feels worn out, my previous sofa, bought from an independent store was in better shape after 20 years use. Also had issues with delayed deliveries stretching on for months and the dining chairs are too low for the 'matching' table. It seems odd that there are so many 1 star ratings on this site with very common problems and yet on another site there's an average of 4 stars - makes you wonder!"
"Appalling service! Wouldn't even call it service actually. Fault developed on arm of sofa they sent engineer who told us 'I'm not surprised it's made of cardboard" and went on to show us the same fault in another 2 arms but then submitted his report saying it was accidental damage. Harveys told us to claim out insurance we had taken out with them. Under duress I claimed them who then advised me it wasn't covered. So not only is the product poor quality the sales/customer service team don't even know their add ons. Now having to pay for an independent report which harveys say they will reimburse if it comes back as a manufacturing defect. 3 months so far..........."
"This has been a terrible experience. Someone was sent out to look at faults but he was rude and obnoxious and left very quickly. Since then I have hung on the phone on 4 occasions the last was for 2hrs. Wish I had never brought from Harvey's. NOT had this a year yet and it is falling apart. Appalling quality considering we paid over £3k. Want them to take the bloody thing back and give me my money to buy something worth the money"
"Absolutely horrendous. Do not purchase from this store. Ordered a full dining set, table, 2 dining chairs and bench are fine. There was a delay on the 2 carvers. Finally arrived about 8 weeks later, one wobbles, legs not the same length, the other one’s leg had been snapped off and wood glued back together about a quarter of the way down the leg. They sent someone out to confirm I needed 2 new chairs. They re-ordered said chairs. They finally delivered 1 replacement chair (not 2) which was also faulty about 9 weeks later. That went back. I am still in possession of the original 2 rubbish chairs that cost £275 each!! I cannot get through to them because of the long wait on the phone and they have not responded to my emails. It is absolutely disgusting. I don’t know what to do for the best now... it’s now January, I made the original purchase at the beginning of June and have been in possession of the faulty chairs since July. Avoid."
"Not received my sofa that you was bought on 3/9/2018! It’s 9/1/2019 and the customer service keep making promises that are never honoured!"
"Serv&Deliv"
"If I could give zero I would do! Taken my money, no delivery date! Been waiting since Sept 2018 for a sofa. Customer service is a joke. This company is a complete disgrace - DO NOT USE."
"Whole thing is a shambles. No customer service. No problem resolution."
"Bought a sofa. Great sales service in-store. Arrived on time, all great. Then noticed a splilt in the sofa 2 days in. Wow....not exaggerating, 20 odd calls to customer service. No response. Called in my local store, they could no longer help, a week old sofa....really! So told me to contact customer service again. 79 min wait, 85, 62, get the picture. Finally after 9 emails I get a call. Like a comedy really, just to tell me they have a back log.....that's a worry! So I will get a call in 3 days. Still no further on. First time I've spent alot of money on a sofa, and it arrives ripped. Terrible after sales."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.19 based on 190 reviews