Harveysfurniture Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"We enquired at your Llandudno store last weds about a chair that was in the clearance section. Sales person said he would contact us regarding the price and he hasn't bothered?"
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Please do not buy the Sorento sofa from Harveys Furniture. When we bought ours 5 months ago, we told the sales advisor that we wanted something of good quality & hard wearing that would last a long time. He suggested this sofa, but what he didn’t tell us about was the puddling caused because it has one single piece of leather that covers the entire top of the seat. Apparently, according to their “independent assessor “ if we had bought a sofa with a seam across the middle, for example, this would not have happened. When we pointed out that we were never advised that this could happen, a customer service advisor told us that it was our own fault because we should have done our research. The only problem is that if you don’t know what puddling is (where the leather becomes baggy in the area that you sit) how would you know what to research. The other problem is that when you recline the seats and put it back to the sitting position, the leather rubs together causing a loud groaning noise each & every time. None of these problems are apparent in the sofa in the store, even though their one is over 3 years old. We obviously thought that we were buying one exactly like the one in the store. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME ASSUMPTION. What you see in the store is definitely not what you get. Customer service This is the worst customer service department that I have EVER dealt with. It takes, on average an hour and a half of waiting ( whilst listening to monotonous music) before you can speak to a customer service advisor. Surely if the wait is that long, you need to employ more people. Or is that the point, you hope that the customer gets so fed up of waiting that they hang up the phone and don’t complain. When you do make a complaint they send what they call an “independent assessor “ around to check out the problem. The only thing is that if the assessor was to advise them that they had sold faulty products to their customers, Harveys obviously wouldn’t keep on using that company. So therefore it’s in there best interest not to find a fault, even though the product is making a loud groaning noise every time that it is used for the purpose that it was bought for, to recline. I will never ever shop in this store again."
"I have brought a set of sofa in Harvey furniture, when it arrives the items I brought was not what I saw in the shop and it’s not what I have been promised, I have to re-order a different one, when this new sofa arrives the old ones is completely different material with the new one. I made a complained about this to Harvey they agreed to sent in a so call a leather specialist who agreed with me that the leather is different but refused to change or do anything to correct this. However on his report back to Harvey’s he refused to tell the truth and Harvey is refused to rectify the error they have made. Now I’m have two different sofa so if anyone thinking of purchasing anything from Harvey think twice and don’t get yourself into my situation coz their products in the shop is not the same with what you get after you order. AVOID HARVEY WITH COSTS."
"Disgraceful service. Delays in delivery Four times.. I would never use or reccomend them. Chair didnt work when it eventually arrived."
"my advice don't use this company bought a rug from them it dint arrive within the three weeks as promised. so asked for a refund thay totally refuse a refund. the store manager turn his back on me and walk away. I rang customer services thay say they wont refund either as as the three weeks is an estimate but wont give a delivery date either I had to get credit card company involved who sorted out a refund you have been warned don't use this company"
"Ordered marble dining set. Table has a chip and a faulty chair on delivery. Have been in contact with Harvey’s but they kept rejecting and said it was not their fault. Bought the set with insurance and could not get it replaced. Useless insurance and useless service. It took 2 months for them to confirm that they wont be replacing the item. Waste of time and waste of money. Poor customer service. Avoid this company!"
"My mum bought this sofa 8 months ago (a single seater + 3 seater recliner) she lives alone and is a very careful houseproud lady. Her 3 seater is used once or twice a week by visitors and the leather has splits and scuffs all over it including the corners. Her single seater which she uses daily is sagging badly. Harveys insist this is accidental damage and are refusing to replace or repair. She is now scared to sit on the 3 seater for fear of it marking and being further damaged. Having bought her previous sofa and bedroom furniture 12yrs ago (yes it lasted 12yrs with barely a mark on it) and returned as a loyal customer I am really disappointed in the way harveys have refused to do anything about this poor quality product"
"Ordered a sofa - arrived piece missing- told would have in few days...then 15wks..so they cancelled that and re ordered - advising me I could arrange disposal of old sofa as I could keep hold of this one... 15 wks later new sofa delivery attempted ..actual seat missing this time so rejected delivery as not happy to wait again. Cancelled everything and went dfs.. - Harvey's never notified finance company of anything so they are taking payments for something I don't have - and currently have no sofa to sit on whilst waiting for delivery- was advised this would never happen but its had to because the finance company will continue to take payments until It was collected and until Harvey's decide to let them know they completely cocked it all up! Disgrace of a company will never ever order from them ever and will advise others customer service appalling no one knows what the hell they are talking about and you never get that promised call back... Currently have no sofa but the sooner my dealings with them are over the better! Advise all to avoid them completly. I'm now suffering through no fault of my own and fuming that I'm not the only one who's still having bad experience with them . They need bbc watchdog to look into them so people can be warned what they could be letting themselves in for when doing something as simple as ordering a new sofa !"
"Faulty sofa refused to accept was faulty even though when inspected by one of there technicians it was deemed so. Not helpful at all and refused to assist us despite happily accepting £3000 off us for the sofa Waste of time"
"Ordered coffee table lamp table and console table all matching coffee table not delivered but they didnt tell me until delivery wish i had read these reviews before i had ordered customer service appalling."
"DO NOT USE HARVEYS APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE IVE BEEN WAITING FOR MY FAULTY FURNITURE TO BE REPLACED STILL WAITING!!!! DO NOT USE DO NOT USE"
"If I could use zero stars I would.Received our suite in August and all 3 electric recliners making dreadful noise.So loud we have to pause the tv when activating.Today after many calls Harvey's have rejected our complaint stating it is not a manufacturing fault.Our suite cost £3000 and not fit for purpose.I will be contacting the furniture ombudsmam and seeling legal advice.I will never use this company again and advice all my friends and family of same.Shocking customer service."
"Only got sofas yesterday but minus scatter cushions. I was told when ordering 5wks ago they were as standard. When rang to find out where they were was told I hadnt ordered them and they are not as standard. You cant even order them online when placing an order so how are you supposed to get them if they dont come as standard!!!!! (PS. I actually ordered in store at Gateshead but checked if they could be purchased when making online order) Gateshead Harveys not prepared to sort this out and customer services said I cant escalate as I have not received faulty items.......I wouldnt know if they are faulty coz I havent received then AT ALL. Then they said I cant return sofas as not faulty! What a joke this company is."
"Two suits in a year cushions gone again, they sent someone out to look they said we sat in those two seats more than the others. Not interested spent £3,000 on rubbish. Basically not ment to last more than 8 months of use considering were both out all day working, will never use HARVEY'S again."
"If l could choose zero stars l would, awful, uncaring managers at Harvey's Stanway, 9 months & still no sofas, 2 damaged deliveries, customer service say speak to store, store say speak to customers service, no one will take responsibility, reported to furniture omnibusman."
"Had the leather electric recliner and 8 months the one side seat started to sag and go out of shape it doesn't support me properly so a have put a cushion underneath me, Harvey's use a contract company to call and inspect the rep called and came out with the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard made excuses and left, Harvey's the sent a letter saying there is nothing wrong with my defected sofa they sold me, stear clear of Harvey's the after sale service is a insult to their customers intelligence."
"Do not order anything from this Company, Customer Services awful, delivery was cancelled as they suddenly discovered the sofabed was damaged when it was due to be offloaded - how did that happen then? Took a day off work, waste of time. Re-ordered, and was offered a 'goodwill gesture' but if we accepted a sofabed on loan until the new one arrived we could not have the 'goodwill gesture' ! They re-ordered the Sofabed and was delivered 3 months after original purchase (another day off work) - they also had my money all this time. Sofabed was for elderly aunt's family living a long distance away, they had to stay in hotels which cost a fortune as the sofabed not there! Spoke again to customer services and offered a paltry £50 'goodwill gesture' (Sofa was £700.00) Looking at other reviews seems this is common - wish we had investigated before buying. Will not put a foot inside a Harvey's store again and definitely do not recommend"
"Bought a sofa in Feb 19 with delivery Date in April 19. Sofa did not turn up on 3 separate occasions until a wrong colour was delivered in on final occasion. Case referred to Furniture Ombudsman and order cancelled. Again multiple failure to issue refund and again referred to Furniture Ombudsman after one month following cancellation. In summary sofa purchased on 5th Feb 19, money back in Oct 19 following breach of contract and non-compliance to Ombudsman stipulation. All in all it was a real regret having to transact with Harvey. Never will recommend to anybody or enter Harvey shop again. Shocked by the attitude of the shop manager at the branch who caused the problem and became a blocker to any sensible resolution."
"Please do not go anywhere near this company. I’ve had some faulty sofas collected last week by two men who was in a benson for beds van. Shock there now saying they haven’t received my furniture. Been in to customer service all week who are completely liers they haven’t got a clue what is going on. Apparently it’s being investigated by a manager called Scott who’s as much use as a chocolate fire guard says he needs a week to track the order. I’m now so p——-d off with this company it’s making me loose sleep. If nothing gets resolved within a couple off days I’m going to go to the police as they have collected my furniture. If they can’t trace the drivers who came."
"Bought a lovely 3 piece sofa. I told the guy selling it to me I was in the process of moving home and for the new sofa to be sent to my new address but to use my current address as my billing address for payment as all my cards etc still registered at my current address. Pretty simple right? Deliver to the new address but pay using current address so payment will go through. What happens? They deliver the sofa to my current address (which btw is only 100 yards from my new address) I actually see the van at my old address and run over to let them know there has been a mistake and they need to move the van to my new address just up the road. You would have thought I was asking them to carry the sofa up a 100 flights of stairs, the reaction I got was laughable. The driver told me no chance. He delivers to the address which is on the line. I call up customer support right there and they say they need to take the sofa back to the shop as it's against the law to deliver to an address not on the order form. WHAT?? This is your fault I say. I gave you the correct address. Long story short they take away the sofa and I spend the rest of the day talking to support and managers about the error on their part. The manager was totally rude and unhelpful. They said they can deliver after the Christmas holidays, leaving us without any sofa at all in our new home for two weeks. An utter joke and after many more calls they reluctantly agreed to send me a 2 seater couch as a temporary solution if I paid for or brought a van to pick it up or they would charge me to hire a small van to bring it. Freaking incredible.. I will NEVER ever use this company again. Total joke in all departments and I had to stop myself from going into the store for a showdown with the very cheeky, rude and totally unprofessional manager at the Hillington Branch. Take your business elsewhere if you want a good service."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.16 based on 402 reviews