Coverwise Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Coverwise

How would you rate Coverwise ?

"An absolutely dreadful company, their terms and conditions are very unclear. stranded abroad as flights cancelled and refused to help. out of pocket by £400.00. do not use Coverwise or Axa. Go elsewhere !!"
"Dont expect to ever get a payout from this insurance company. Two claims, one relating to stolen passport and another for missed flight . One matter has been dragged out over a year . They make excuses like losing documents and pass you around Indian call center where its impossible to understand a word. They don't return calls. No one takes control and you get the same template email again and again. Avoid this insurer at all costs."
"Phoned claim line from airport when flight was cancelled and asked for advice. Couldn't understand the Indian in the call centre. Asked to speak to some-one who could speak clearer English, told there wasn't anybody. Absolutely useless"
"I would rate them 0 stars 1 would be generous. I went on holiday and fell Ill and had to pay to visit a hospital it has taken cover wise who are under written by AXA insurance almost 4 months to get back to me with an update which is that they won't cover me. Terrible service there call center is is some far away country who are obviously getting paid peanuts and cant speak English."
Upset Customer
Verified Reviewer
"I had my holiday insurance with Coverwise. When my father died and I had to cancel the holiday Coverwise told me I was not entitled to a refund because it was a known condition. I was not covered now that he had died because he had prostate cancer. I told them he had prostate cancer for a number of years and it was under control and I had no way of knowing it would have killed him at the time of booking my holiday. There was no compassion and at a time of severe upset and stress they would not return calls when they said, I was passed backwards and forward and had to keep emailing and phoning several times. The advisor kept putting me on hold and asking lots of questions about my Dad's death. This was very upsetting and stressful on top of losing my Dad and now losing all the costs of our family holiday. My Dad was not on the insurance documents, he was not even travelling with us and they then wanted proof and I had to send all my documents to them and a copy of his death certificate! It was appalling service. They then lost all the documents and asked me to go through them all over again! After weeks of ringing and emailing I finally got my money refunded. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"Contacted them regarding a delayed flight for which the rest of my party were compensated, needless to say they were not insured with Coverwise. I took out a gold policy and yet when I enquired about claiming they said that delayed flight on a connecting flight was an optional extra and was told to check page 30 of my policy! I am going to persue this claim via other means as they are very misleading and I shudder to think what would have happened had I needed medical attention. This policy cost me £45 for a single trip. Avoid at all costs!"
"AVOID - communication is awful. Still waiting for them to pay out for a straight forward claim made in September. Was contacted at 9pm on Christmas Eve of all times, to which I replied straight away. I didn't hear back from that email until yesterday 6.2.18. Currently asking for info of which they have had since September, stalling payment. Avoid avoid avoid!"
"They are a con! DON'T USE THIS COMPANY! I called them 6 times and could never get through, they asked me to leave my details but no one ever calls back. On my last call I asked to speak to a manager to complain and they hung up on me. CON COMPANY!!"
"Made a claim in October after we came back from holiday. Was told a few wewks later that they had all they needed and the payment will be with me in 5-10 working days and I am still waiting. When you call they say you have to speak to a claims handler who will call you back and they never do. If you do manage to get hold of a claims handler they pass the bat to someone else or add another 5-10 working days. Terrible insurance company!"
"I would NEVER use them again. Totally agree with everyone here - appalling (read virtually no) communication (it feels as though they are just stalling to pay out despite me having all the correct paperwork from the hospital etc for something that should have been a very straightforward claim). This still hasn't been resolved and meanwhile I have the hospital asking me for money."
"DO NOT USE. Trying to get through to these people is horrendous. They are either busy or pretend they cannot hear you. When you do get through they say someone will call you back and they don't."
Joanne Maloney
Unverified Reviewer
"Absolutely Rubbish, no one is ever available no case handler or manager. Always say someone will call you back, one month later no one calls. If you say i'll stay on the line while some one is available they cut you off. Unacceptable company."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am quite sure their reviews must be faked and I wish I had not trusted them before I got the cover. I got travel insurance with them and my return flight was cancelled. I read the travel documentation and it said I was covered, it took 3 weeks to talk to someone on the phone and finally I was told that I was not covered for the costs of the new flights because I needed to purchase additional cover, which they did not make clear in any way when I purchased the insurance. Clearly they hide in the small print to avoid paying out. Wasted hours emailing and calling this company for nothing and have to pay the £200+ for accommodation, flights, meals caused by the flight cancellation. BEWARE THEY CLEARLY HIDE IN THE SMALL PRINT AND DO NOT PAY OUT EASILY I WISH I DIDN'T WASTE MY MONEY ON THEM."
"Shockingly poor communication. cheap and easy to buy, but when it came to processing a medical claim the customer service was appalling. The process is unnecessarily long, and they will take the maximum 11 working days to return communications that they state (and in my case, sometimes longer, with no apologies for the delay).Nearly three months later, and with them having had all the details available in the very long insurance document you fill out, they rejected my claim on the grounds of information they could have told me when I first made the phone call to claim. They also asked for my bank details (which were already on the claim form) as 'final information' which gave the impression the claim was successful. They made an already distressing medical situation even more distressing, and I will never purchase insurance through them, or AXA, again. I'll be filing complaints with both at their handling of the situation."
"Trying to get through them for assistance is imposssible. The 24 hour number takes 20 mins to be on hold and they say they will call back but NO ONE did. So frustrating. Avoid! Easy to get the insurance but if you need help and assistance, impossible to contact them."
"Dreadful company. Avoid avoid avoid. Cheap premiums but they do all they can to avoid paying out on genuine claims. Also foreign call centre which is highly frustrating too. Terrible service. Do not use."
"Awful at processing claims. Make life as difficult as possible in order to avoid paying out. It’s now November and I’m still trying to process a claim from falling ill on holiday back in April."
"ust tried to claim a deposit back for a holiday I booked over Christmas,(I have just had a heart attack and had a stent fitted ) The claim form was endless, I needed a doctor to fill in a form ,despite having copies from the hospital about my treatment etc.. £100 excess required+ at least £25 to get my doctor to fill in the form, I just gave up..These people may be cheapest to buy, but I think you pay for what you get in this case hassle....also a foreign call centre didnt help my blood pressure either !! I dread to think what would happen if I had a medical emergency abroad with these people.? Post a comment"
Janet Turner
Verified Reviewer
"Had accident in Australia causing fractured spine. Phone bill costs were £170 due to constantly trying to get an update on when I could fly home. They tried to assess me for a broken leg and then told me I wasn't covered for the accident. Then another person told me that I was covered and booked flights home in the wrong name. Was told there would be a taxi at the airport to meet me but when we arrived there was no taxi. Constantly calling them and getting told they would call me back which never happened. Now in the process of trying to get back the out of pocket exspenses with little hope of that happening any time soon. My advice to anyone thinking of using Coverwise would be to steer well clear and save yourself a lot of stress."
"It seems virtually impossible to get to speak to anyone at their claims line. Airline lost the whole flight's baggage & I was just phoning to let them know situation. Held on for half an hour then spoke to foreign lady who was hard to understand. She took my policy number, name & date of birth, then vanished. Service non existent- AVOID!"
Coverwise is rated 1.30 based on 33 reviews