Coverwise Reviews

Coverwise have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers are happy with their customer service. Full Insights

5% of reviewers recommend Coverwise

Travel Insurance
Finance & Insurance
Travel Insurance

Telephone

How would you rate Coverwise ?

"DO NOT TAKE OUT A COVERWISE/AXA POLICY I took out a Coverwise policy for a family holiday to Lanzarote. Unfortunately on our second night, our villa in Playa Blanca was burgled. Many hundreds of Euros were stolen together with electrical items and purses and driving licences. I made contact with the Coverwise claims number, this is operated by AXA. I spoke to someone in Mauritius who spoke very little English, this combined with the delay on the line made the already stressful experience even worse. The Coverwise/AXA insurance is totally useless and I would advise anyone considering taking out a policy with them, to get cover elsewhere. A policy is only any good when you have to make a claim. It's pointless paying money for a policy, that when it comes to the crunch, you have to speak to someone in a different country who does not understand you. Upon return to the UK I made contact with Coverwise and explained the situation. There was no great concern as they stated that the policy is operated by AXA and they deal with all claims. I enquired regarding medical cover and if medical assistance was needed whilst on holiday abroad, where would the call be directed and could I speak to someone in the UK. I was advised that the call could be directed to anywhere in the world and it depended where you were calling from. Regarding future travel insurance, I would suggest checking where claims/medical emergency calls are directed. If you are directed to a UK call centre, you might pay a bit more however you would have the peace of mind knowing that in an emergency, you will be able to explain the circumstances of what you have experienced to someone who can understand you."
"NEVER use axa for travel insurance or anyone underwritten by them. My girlfriend fell ill with meningitis whilst in Hong Kong and needed 3 weeks of treatment. Axa have been absolutely appalling - finding any way of weaselling out of paying and making it confusing and difficult to challenge anything. They made a traumatic experience even more stressful for someone who was suffering from swelling around the brain - which can be made worse from stress. To add insult to injury they have acknowledged their bad treatment of us and offered £100 in compensation but still not dealt with the actual claim which is tens of thousands. We are now having to go through the financial ombudsman. Avoid at all costs."
"Needed emergency surgery while on holiday and can't get through to anyone- all lines on perpetual loops (by design) and no response to over 20 emails...DONT TOUCH this company it is obviously just a front to take money and not under written by AXA as they claim"
"Can't be bothered attitude for returning customer, renewed policy and already had medication on it for myself, renewed over the phone and Coverwise agent made a mistake and put NO medication ?? I checked the policy and noticed the mistake but was told I had to pay again ( twice) and wait for the original refund. This guy wasn't bothered and had a can't be bothered attitude. I asked to speak to his maanger SUE who was too busy to speak to me. I was advised there might be an additional cost for the tablet I take for ANXIETY ??? Check your policy everyone, if its worded wrong then it's classed as your fault. Coverwise didn't seem bothered if I went elsewhere, my advice is choose a company who values their customers. This was my 4th year with them too."
"I dont have a lower rating than this. They dont even deserve 1 star. They always make some excuse of some policy and wont give you claim. Some thief stole my stuff. Insurance company like Coverwise will tell you they would cover you for many mishappening. But when something happens they would tell you of some 100 pages policies defined not to give you anything. Are they not worse than thief? I would say they are worse than that thief who would claim that he is a professional thief but Coverwise cant claim and they have to find policies to cheat people. I want to ask the policy makers of Coverwise how many bills they save and whether they would ask any thief before theft that DONT STEAL THIS THING AS I DONT HAVE BILL TO CLAIM. You make people fool. The worst company to have insurance with."
"An absolutely dreadful company, their terms and conditions are very unclear. stranded abroad as flights cancelled and refused to help. out of pocket by £400.00. do not use Coverwise or Axa. Go elsewhere !!"
"Dont expect to ever get a payout from this insurance company. Two claims, one relating to stolen passport and another for missed flight . One matter has been dragged out over a year . They make excuses like losing documents and pass you around Indian call center where its impossible to understand a word. They don't return calls. No one takes control and you get the same template email again and again. Avoid this insurer at all costs."
"Phoned claim line from airport when flight was cancelled and asked for advice. Couldn't understand the Indian in the call centre. Asked to speak to some-one who could speak clearer English, told there wasn't anybody. Absolutely useless"
"I would rate them 0 stars 1 would be generous. I went on holiday and fell Ill and had to pay to visit a hospital it has taken cover wise who are under written by AXA insurance almost 4 months to get back to me with an update which is that they won't cover me. Terrible service there call center is is some far away country who are obviously getting paid peanuts and cant speak English."
"I had my holiday insurance with Coverwise. When my father died and I had to cancel the holiday Coverwise told me I was not entitled to a refund because it was a known condition. I was not covered now that he had died because he had prostate cancer. I told them he had prostate cancer for a number of years and it was under control and I had no way of knowing it would have killed him at the time of booking my holiday. There was no compassion and at a time of severe upset and stress they would not return calls when they said, I was passed backwards and forward and had to keep emailing and phoning several times. The advisor kept putting me on hold and asking lots of questions about my Dad's death. This was very upsetting and stressful on top of losing my Dad and now losing all the costs of our family holiday. My Dad was not on the insurance documents, he was not even travelling with us and they then wanted proof and I had to send all my documents to them and a copy of his death certificate! It was appalling service. They then lost all the documents and asked me to go through them all over again! After weeks of ringing and emailing I finally got my money refunded. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"Contacted them regarding a delayed flight for which the rest of my party were compensated, needless to say they were not insured with Coverwise. I took out a gold policy and yet when I enquired about claiming they said that delayed flight on a connecting flight was an optional extra and was told to check page 30 of my policy! I am going to persue this claim via other means as they are very misleading and I shudder to think what would have happened had I needed medical attention. This policy cost me £45 for a single trip. Avoid at all costs!"
"AVOID - communication is awful. Still waiting for them to pay out for a straight forward claim made in September. Was contacted at 9pm on Christmas Eve of all times, to which I replied straight away. I didn't hear back from that email until yesterday 6.2.18. Currently asking for info of which they have had since September, stalling payment. Avoid avoid avoid!"
"They are a con! DON'T USE THIS COMPANY! I called them 6 times and could never get through, they asked me to leave my details but no one ever calls back. On my last call I asked to speak to a manager to complain and they hung up on me. CON COMPANY!!"
"Made a claim in October after we came back from holiday. Was told a few wewks later that they had all they needed and the payment will be with me in 5-10 working days and I am still waiting. When you call they say you have to speak to a claims handler who will call you back and they never do. If you do manage to get hold of a claims handler they pass the bat to someone else or add another 5-10 working days. Terrible insurance company!"
"I would NEVER use them again. Totally agree with everyone here - appalling (read virtually no) communication (it feels as though they are just stalling to pay out despite me having all the correct paperwork from the hospital etc for something that should have been a very straightforward claim). This still hasn't been resolved and meanwhile I have the hospital asking me for money."
"DO NOT USE. Trying to get through to these people is horrendous. They are either busy or pretend they cannot hear you. When you do get through they say someone will call you back and they don't."
"Absolutely Rubbish, no one is ever available no case handler or manager. Always say someone will call you back, one month later no one calls. If you say i'll stay on the line while some one is available they cut you off. Unacceptable company."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am quite sure their reviews must be faked and I wish I had not trusted them before I got the cover. I got travel insurance with them and my return flight was cancelled. I read the travel documentation and it said I was covered, it took 3 weeks to talk to someone on the phone and finally I was told that I was not covered for the costs of the new flights because I needed to purchase additional cover, which they did not make clear in any way when I purchased the insurance. Clearly they hide in the small print to avoid paying out. Wasted hours emailing and calling this company for nothing and have to pay the £200+ for accommodation, flights, meals caused by the flight cancellation. BEWARE THEY CLEARLY HIDE IN THE SMALL PRINT AND DO NOT PAY OUT EASILY I WISH I DIDN'T WASTE MY MONEY ON THEM."
"Shockingly poor communication. cheap and easy to buy, but when it came to processing a medical claim the customer service was appalling. The process is unnecessarily long, and they will take the maximum 11 working days to return communications that they state (and in my case, sometimes longer, with no apologies for the delay).Nearly three months later, and with them having had all the details available in the very long insurance document you fill out, they rejected my claim on the grounds of information they could have told me when I first made the phone call to claim. They also asked for my bank details (which were already on the claim form) as 'final information' which gave the impression the claim was successful. They made an already distressing medical situation even more distressing, and I will never purchase insurance through them, or AXA, again. I'll be filing complaints with both at their handling of the situation."
"Trying to get through them for assistance is imposssible. The 24 hour number takes 20 mins to be on hold and they say they will call back but NO ONE did. So frustrating. Avoid! Easy to get the insurance but if you need help and assistance, impossible to contact them."
Coverwise is rated 1.26 based on 38 reviews